George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed!

+14
globalchick
PigPen
fridadereval
LizzyNY
isogotit
Way2Old4Dis
melbert
LornaDoone
annemarie
amaretti
Silje
Katiedot
Atalante
Sevens
18 posters

Go down

EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! Empty EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed!

Post by Sevens Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:52

EXCLUSIVE!
Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed!

by BRUNA NESSIF Tue., Oct. 14, 2014 3:42 PM PDT

George Clooney may be the man who has everything, but his new wife was up for the challenge anyway.
E! News has learned that Amal Alamuddin has dropped some decent cash for a surprise newlywed gift that she bought for the actor, whom she married in Venice, Italy, just last month. The 36-year-old lawyer is currently in Greece working on a case, but sources tell us that she has ordered a shipment of handmade Murano cocktail glasses from Venice as a surprise for her hubby!
Her gift is extra-sentimental because she made sure to put in a request to buy the exact same glasses that they drank out of during their nearly week-long wedding celebration in Italy, and it certainly wasn't cheap.

According to our sources, the brightly colored tumblers are $100 apiece and Alamuddin wanted 12 of them to go in the bar at their brand new, eight-bedroom home near London.

"Amal loves the idea of them having the same cocktail glasses that they use at the Cipriani Hotel in Venice," the source tells E! News. "George admired them every time he looked at them during the wedding celebrations and they didn't have time to go shopping in Venice, so she's ordered them in as a post-wedding gift for him. It means that every time they curl up with a cocktail at home they'll think of their wedding and be reminded of all the happy memories."

She's also ordered a 12-piece set of matching silk napkins and hand-crafted napkin holders to match the glasses, which came to total of $2,500.

In other post-wedding news, Alamuddin has taken her husband's name! At least for professional purposes. She's now listed as "Amal Clooney" on her company's website.
Speaking of professional purposes, the newlywed didn't waste much time before getting back to work. Alamuddin was spotted looking chic as ever as she strolled through Heathrow Airport Monday morning to catch a flight to Athens. She is in Greece this week with fellow law firm partners to meet with Prime Minister Antonis Samaras regarding Greece's bid to win back the Parthenon Marbles, a set of ancient sculptures currently held at London's British Museum.
Meanwhile, Clooney got back to work last week. The 53-year-old Oscar winner was at New York Comic-Con on Thursday to promote his upcoming flick Tomorrowland. He also shared the first clip of the highly anticipated Disney film and even snapped selfies with several fans at the event.
"It is not lost on me that I'm spending my honeymoon at Comic-Con," he told Comic-Con goers during a panel.
LOL!
—Reporting by Senta Scarborough

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed!

Post by Atalante Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:22

Dollars here, dollars there, I'm going to throw up soon, ...  Mad ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed! Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE!Amal Alamuddin's Surprise $3,700 Newlywed Gift for George Clooney Revealed!

Post by Katiedot Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:47

Oh dear, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  $2,500 silk napkins and napkin rings? Good grief!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:54

She is such a humanitarian ey. Laughing  killmenow sarcasm
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 15 Oct 2014, 14:25

Are there any pics of the Murano glasses?
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:15

Murano lovely  .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:18

If this is true good for her if George liked the glasses that would be a nice surprise and reminder of their wedding.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:19

George likes the nice things in life and they cost money. If they can afford them then why not.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 15 Oct 2014, 18:10

Why not? Why should she be criticized for buying him a gift. I'm sure she appreciates all the money he spent on the wedding. I'm sure she wants to please him and do special things for him with her money. Who knows if the story is even true. It truly is their business. Why should we judge?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 15 Oct 2014, 18:58

I kind of rolled my eyes at this story because not that long ago George had his publicist vehemently deny a story that he'd got upset at losing his cashmere blanky in a hotel somewhere because that just wasn't the sort of man George was (a cashmere blanky sort of man).

Turns out that althoigh he may not be a cashmere blanky sort of man, he certainly is a $2,500 silk napkin sort.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 15 Oct 2014, 19:38

" It means that every time they curl up with a cocktail at home they'll think of their wedding and be reminded of all the happy memories. " If true that's soooooooo tacky !  Sleep
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 15 Oct 2014, 19:51

Katiedot, I remember that story. It was when he was shooting The Descendant in Hawaii. Betta was with him. And Stan did deny the story. And you are right. George is not a cashmere guy anymore than he is a silk napkin guy. That story was BS. Anywho, we don't know if this story is true but if it is I still say so what? Maybe for Amal she wanted the gift to be very special and elegant, a fond memory of their wedding. I don't see what's tacky about that Atalante. .
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 15 Oct 2014, 20:19

I want to be George silk napkin love1 Love4 hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 15 Oct 2014, 20:37

Of course I rather be the Murano glas. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 16 Oct 2014, 08:34

You guys crack me up.  George's napkins and glasses.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 16 Oct 2014, 11:55

Daily Mail has a picture of the glasses supposedly gifted to G by A.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 16 Oct 2014, 12:13

Link????
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 16 Oct 2014, 12:14

Thanks Donnamarie
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Glasses for Clooney: Amal splashed out on Venetian handblown cocktail glasses

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 16 Oct 2014, 12:21

Thanks Sevens! 

Actually, those are kind of fugly...  JMHAO
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 16 Oct 2014, 14:43

My ex proposed to me at a pancake house. He thought it would be a nice touch to have our first post-wedding meal at a pancake house.

I look at this as the same thing. She had a nice idea, he indulged it because he loves her having nice ideas for him. He could have gone forever remembering that he liked the glasses and napkin rings, but perfectly happy if he never saw them again.

Me, I avoid IHOP like the plague.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 16 Oct 2014, 17:24

Will we be seeing her underwear too anytime soon in the dailymail ? ROTFL
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Thu 16 Oct 2014, 17:43

These glasses are really ugly to have costed $3700.00. Hope George didn't say "it sure would be nice to have glasses like this at our house". Seems like George should have purchased them for her instead of her purchasing for him. I could think of some other really nice gifts (for men) but not these glasses.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 16 Oct 2014, 17:49

I think if this is even true, he admired and liked the glasses she must have liked them too. So bought them as a reminder of their wedding , I think if it made them happy good for them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 16 Oct 2014, 17:58

isogotit wrote:These glasses are really  ugly to have costed $3700.00.  Hope George didn't say "it sure would be nice to have glasses like this at our house".  Seems like George should have purchased them for her instead of her purchasing for him.  I could think of some other really nice gifts (for men) but not these glasses.

It's reported that the glasses ONLY cost $1200 ($100 a glass) and the napkins and napkin rings combined cost $2500, for a total of $3700.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 16 Oct 2014, 19:10

And really who gives a flying fuck? brahahahahaha!

Those glasse ARE butt ugly as sin but hey, everyone has their own tastes!

Me, I'd rather have the $3700 bucks. I could have a nice little get-a-way to the central California coast with that money!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 16 Oct 2014, 20:00

Since they were part of the  dinner decor for a weekend that was very well planned, it doesn't take a lot to figure that they both liked them, or that Amal -- as the bride who gets what she wants -- liked them, and George went along. For some reason, I'm not seeing him so enamored of cocktail glasses and napkin rings.

Amal: George, honey, I am just in love with this glassware. Aren't you?

George: The what? Oh, yeah, they're beautiful. Not as beautiful as you, of course.

ONE HOUR LATER

Amal: Just stunning.

George: Thank you, sweetheart.

Amal: No, silly. The glasses and linenware. Don't you think?

George: Oh. Yeah. Sure. Wanna dance?

Amal: Not just yet. How do you think these would look in a 17th century dining hall?

30 MINUTES LATER

George: Honey, why don't you and Baria put the glasses down and mingle a bit?

Amal: But we are mingling. The catering supplier is right here.

George: I meant with the guests.

Amal: Of course. I was just arranging a little surprise for you. You're going to love it.

George: I know I will. I love everything you do.

TWO WEEKS LATER, AT THE NEW HOME

Amal: George, your gift is here!

George: Let's see here. What is it? Cigars for me and the guys? A piece from the Amore? The pen we signed our license with?... Oh. It's... napkins.

Amal: And napkin rings and cocktail glasses, love. You went on and on about them all weekend. I just had to get them for you.

George: I did...? If you say I did, I guess I did. They're great. Beautiful. I dreamed about these, growing up in Kentucky... Anything else at the bottom of that box?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 16 Oct 2014, 20:22

HAHAHA

LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!

I like your humor way2old4dis too funny
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 16 Oct 2014, 20:46

Good one W2O4D.   Very Happy
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 16 Oct 2014, 20:50

You are so funny W2O4D! That made my day.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 16 Oct 2014, 20:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 16 Oct 2014, 21:35

Can't you just see his face? Very Happy "Anything else at the bottom of that box?" LOVE IT!!

Maybe it's a Lebanese thing? Somehow glassware and napkins don't quite seem like something you'd give your new husband. Your mother-in-law, maybe, but not your husband.

Home run, Way! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 16 Oct 2014, 21:43

She is giving herself the present.She will be using the glasses and the napkin holders.

Poor George.  I would have given you a better present. Wink
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Fri 17 Oct 2014, 01:04

That's funny W2O4T!

The glasses are not my taste either. And considering Amal's taste in clothes, I find it hard to believe that she would pick those glasses... So my money is on this being a made up story or possibly someone gave them those for a wedding gift and they both politely said that they love them....

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 24 Nov 2014, 19:52

Albeit this comment is really late in the game, but has been on my mind since the purchase... what the hell do you do with silk dinner napkins.  Can't wipe your mouth with them ( stain), probably slide off your lap.  Other than wrapping your undies in them when packing for a trip, what does one do with them?  (whew, I feel better already)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 24 Nov 2014, 20:28

melbert wrote:Thanks Sevens! 

Actually, those are kind of fugly...  JMHAO
Kind of ?????

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 25 Nov 2014, 00:33

PigPen

fugly  =  fucking ugly
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 06:00

The english lesson on this forum is just the best  Thumbs up! I learned so much already hehehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Tue 25 Nov 2014, 15:29

The glasses are showoffy and ostentatious - just like Amal. Human rights lawyers are supposed to be champions of the downtrodden. But all Amal seems to care about is designer haute couture clothes paid for by George, first class plane travel, mansions, $700,000 diamond engagement rings, VIP treatment at airports, long fake nails with bright red nail polish, arched Joan Crawford plucked eyebrows, almost daily appointments at the hairdresser, $1.6 million spent on a lavish over the top spectacle wedding and 5 star hotels. Bizarre really, just bizarre. She should be doing something about female genital mutilation or forced marriages of teenage brides. Instead we get the Elgin Marbles royal tour with 3 outfit changes a day and accompanied by a hair stylist and makeup artist.

I'll be honest with you - I certainly wouldn't want to hang out with such a self obsessed woman. She seems obsessed with the superficial now. The glasses are the height of tackiness but considering who bought them no surprises. 

Real human rights lawyers are laughing at her (I know one - I've spoken about it in another thread). And the sad thing is Amal is so clueless she doesn't know how inappropriate she is behaving and the hypocrisy between what she CLAIMS to espouse (standing up for the disenfranchised) and her love and craving for the luxury lifestyle (paid for by George). I think he will be shocked when he starts getting her monthly credit card bills. 

Just as I thought, being with George has bought out the absolute worst in her. If you have a leaning towards vanity and are then given an unlimited budget with which to indulge it - Amal is what you get. The fact that she is not naturally beautiful but has photos constantly in magazines -  many unflattering - would make her even more insecure. She will get even worse when the red carpets start rolling around. Women who eat a lettuce leaf a day can be very bad tempered to be around  Laughing

I also think she will want a boob job soon and I'm being serious. Almost all women in showbiz in LA have one and she will soon feel inadequate as she continues to mix in those circles because she is flat as a pancake and in LA circles that doesn't cut it. I'd love to be a fly on the wall if she asks George to pay for a boob job.  Laughing  If you look back to that strapless black gown she wore at Florence there was literally nothing holding the dress up. I'm not being critical of the fact that she has small breasts here. She is mixing in showbiz circles not London lawyer circles now and she will be judged accordingly. Her intellect means nothing in Hollywood. In tinseltown looks are everything. Quite frankly, Amal is too intelligent to be mixing in those circles and plunging herself into that world will have disastrous consequences for her self esteem in my opinion.

Wonder what George thinks of her "evolution"  Laughing. She is going way beyond being "polished". She is becoming a very vain, narcissistic woman and you can see it all happening in the photos of her. The photos are telling a story just pay attention.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:17

globalchick wrote:The glasses are showoffy and ostentatious - just like Amal. Human rights lawyers are supposed to be champions of the downtrodden. .

Really???? where does it say how human rights lawyers have to be????  Oh yeah..no where just in your head you think they should be this way...ok

globalchick wrote:. She should be doing something about female genital mutilation or forced marriages of teenage brides. Instead we get the Elgin Marbles royal tour with 3 outfit changes a day and accompanied by a hair stylist and makeup artist.

Nothing worst then People who complaint about other People and say what they should do. I wonder what you do for your Society? It is always easy to point out other People.

globalchick wrote:I'll be honest with you - I certainly wouldn't want to hang out with such a self obsessed woman. She seems obsessed with the superficial now. The glasses are the height of tackiness but considering who bought them no surprises..

Sorry to say but you do. By coming here and posting about Amal all the time you Kind of haning out with her. If you really don't want to hang out with her you wouldn't give her so much attention.

globalchick wrote:Real human rights lawyers are laughing at her (I know one - I've spoken about it in another thread).

Ok in one part of the sentence you talk about LawyerS and in the next part only about one?????? Let's stick to the fact. You think you know one human rights laywer and that tells you that REAL human rights laywers laughing about her. Ah ok.  But good that you know one human right laywer. My advise....Team up and make the world better and prove you are better then Amal instead of complainig here. If your one human rights laywer is doing her Job then she has no time to laugh at Amal as she would respect another human right as a human rights laywer.....but well.....

globalchick wrote:Just as I thought, being with George has bought out the absolute worst in her..

ah ok and you think  that because you knew the good in her before????????

globalchick wrote:I also think she will want a boob job soon and I'm being serious. ............I'm not being critical of the fact that she has small breasts here. ........... Her intellect means nothing in Hollywood......

And People think men are the worst to talk about women

globalchick wrote:She is becoming a very vain, narcissistic woman and you can see it all happening in the photos of her. The photos are telling a story just pay attention.

I'm glad we clarified that. And I thought you should know  a person first in order  to judge her like that but I'm glad you confirmed it is enough to see it all on photos. I will look at now all the photos of my friends friends who I don't know and judge them accordingly hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:19

Globalchick, I find this and some of your other recent posts very concerning. It is abundantly clear that you do not like Amal but you have been excessively critical of her. You have made some extremely personal comments about her, for example, that she is unattractive, unsexy and becoming a vain and narcissistic woman and even that she looked like a horse. I think such comments are quite nasty and quite unnecessary. You don't know Amal but you say she is self obsessed, concerned by the trappings of wealth rather than her work, that she courts the photographers. You don't actually know that! You are making assumptions based on snapshots. 

Why are you so critical of Amal? How does it affect you? 

In my experience I have found that people who criticise and denigrate others actually do not feel good about themselves and resort to trying to make others look bad. Could that be why you criticise Amal to the extent that you do? If so, I suggest you get some help with this.

You come across to me as being quite angry. Perhaps you need to find some other ways  of getting rid of your feelings.

I'd like you to consider how you would feel if people you do not know were posting personal comments about you, saying you were vain, unattractive, unsexy, looked like a horse etc on a public forum where you are identified by name. I'm sure you would not like it at all. I wouldn't. 

Globalchick, Amal is a real person and is in the public eye because she is George's wife. We actually know little about her as a person. What some of her friends (and George's) and colleagues have said about her is that she is kind, caring, beautiful, confident and intelligent. 

We can all make up our own minds how we feel about Amal. I like her but am sure she is not perfect and has her faults like the rest of us. I hope she and George will be happy together.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:58

I appreciate Nicky80 and Hebe posting comments today to criticize globalchick's nasty and mean commentary on Amal. I have criticized globalchick in the past and also tried to ignore her outrageous comments. She does not heed anyone's advice. Others have said to her that she just wants attention. She has been warned about going too far with her rhetoric. She just does not care.

IMO I think she should be banned from the forum. I appreciate when people here criticize George and Amal if it is constructive and not hurtful. I think way too many times globalchick has crossed the line. Almost everything she says here is not based on anything more than her distorted and derogatory opinions.

I will however not respond to her hateful comments anymore. I'll leave that to others here.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 26 Nov 2014, 16:23

" To thine own self be true " as Shakespeare wrote
in Hamlet. sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 26 Nov 2014, 20:56

Donnamarie - It's my understanding that you can block posts on this forum if there's someone you don't want to hear from. Why not just do that?

Personally, I think globalchick could get an A in any creative writing course - fantasy division. I think she's so wrapped up in her version of G&A's life that she has no clue how offensive she often is. She just has to be right - even though she has no proof of most of what she says. It's sad that she's so invested in this.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 26 Nov 2014, 22:38

And this thread is about Amal's ugly ass gift to George.  Let's stay on topic. As we don't want to have to lock down another thread.

Thanks.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Wed 26 Nov 2014, 22:53

If George doesn't like them he could 'accidentally' break them!  Evil or Very Mad Oops!

I wonder if they are insured against 'accidental' breakage.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 26 Nov 2014, 22:56

Insurance company will take one look at them and say, "Nah, we'll pass on insuring those ugly ass glasses!"

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down