George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's house in England

+34
What Would He Say
Pagan Cat Lady
Jenn
carolhathaway
Alisonfan
Joanna
annemarie
Donnamarie
melbert
Nicky80
Katiedot
party animal - not!
Silje
it's me
Way2Old4Dis
PigPen
Merlin
jd68
The next mrs clooney
fava
LornaDoone
louisvillelaura
globalchick
justpassinthrough
Maggy
Doug Ross
amaretti
Cece42
hathaross
Missa
LizzyNY
Sevens
Picachu
/
38 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney's house in England

Post by LizzyNY Thu 06 Nov 2014, 22:22

Even before Amal came along I couldn't imagine living the way he does. He never seemed to stay in one place long enough to settle in and relax. The only place he seemed to spend any real stretch of time was Como. Even so, because of friends and work, I think he considers LA home - the other places were getaways - convenient, maybe pure investment properties - but not "home". Maybe now that will change.

Just a thought, but if Amal is going to spend time with him in all these places she's going to need a lot of new clothes. She won't want to drag stuff back and forth across the world all the time. I know I wouldn't. Can't wait to hear the comments when the new stuff starts showing up in photos..
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's house in England - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney's house in England

Post by Donnamarie Thu 06 Nov 2014, 22:51

Amal is definitely not a jeans and T-shirt girl. Which would make it a bit easier for her. She loves fashion and yes she will probably keep a second wardrobe at least in LA. But I do like that we have seen her in some of her pieces more than once. And we don't really see much of her publicly.

I think this is a huge lifestyle change for both of them. More so than for people like you and me. Although George is used to traveling frequently he has a new responsibility to his wife. Being with her when he can. And it works both ways of course. At some point I would think it might be stressful on their marriage. I said this a while back here that long distance marriages are tricky.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:12

Way2Old4Dis wrote:HaHaHa!

"Honey, where's my drinking shirt? The blue one?"

"It's in the London flat, same as my fat jeans."

"Damn. Okay, I'm going to walk the dogs."

"We have dogs here?"

"Yep. The Sonning spaniels. I think. Wait. Where are we?"

"Como, I think. It's Thanksgiving, so..."

"Right. Maybe I meant Einstein."
Absolutely hilarious way of proving my point.  You rock, Way 2!! 

BTW..  which one of them owns the "fat jeans"?

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:20

The answer....duplicate everything !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:41

LizzyNY wrote:PAN - I can't believe he'd be stupid enough to put ALL his properties in both their names at this early point in their relationship - I don't care how much he thinks he loves her. It's too soon to give her that much leverage in case of a divorce. His accountants would have a heart attack.

I can see the new house being in both their names, but not the other properties. Besides, didn't someone here say that his homes are owned by a trust of some sort?
Lizzy... still catching up on my reading

Don't think his Nibbs will ever put all of the property in both names. Any thing he/they obtain as a married couple, yeah probably if not definitely.  But past purchases... ain't gonna happen , least I don't think so.

I think the "we have a home in Italy (or wherever)" talk is sweet, romantic.  The same way of "we have family in xxx countries, we are going to the movies this week-end" etc.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 07 Nov 2014, 17:10

Donnamarie wrote:Yes I imagine it must feel like that sometimes when you have so many homes.  If it's Thanksgiving it must be Cabo right?  Christmas, Cabo. Summer, Como.  But I think all of George's shirts are considered drinking shirts.  

PigPen I agree I can't imagine living my life that way with so many homes.  I like the idea of having an anchor and maybe a summer home.  All these homes would just confuse me.

I've always had the impression that George may have less of a sense of home or "nesting" than a lot of folks.  He travels a lot, stays in a lot of hotels and  has gone for over 6 months I think without being in LA for examples. He may be more about people and work than place. For me my home is a refuge.  I could never have someone else come in an renovate the whole thing down to the knick knacks without any input from me as he did.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 07 Nov 2014, 17:38

Fava you make good points. I think he is more about people than places. But I do think his LA and Como homes are special places for him because of the people who have stayed in them and created so memories. When he gave Charlie Rose access to his home for an interview he said that his house was more than just a house, it is a home filled with memories of his friends and family.

Yea, I think of my home as a refuge too. My comfort zone that's always there to come back to and filled with my own touches to make it feel lived in.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 07 Nov 2014, 18:36

I'm wondering whether George's lifestyle, pre-Amal,
was partly an escape or substitute because he hadn't got that homely nesting feeling. He hadn't got the right person to share it with.
I'm wondering if, over the years, he's looked at his close friends with a family life style and just thought ?
Maybe his lifestyle will change now that he has Amal in his life. It does happen, particularly the older one gets.
Priorities change. We'll see....
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 10 Nov 2014, 13:08

I'm putting this comment here though it has nothing to do with George but it is about London. There was a stunning picture in the Washington Post yesterday of a sea of poppies at the Tower of London. An amazing picture and I read that those poppies represent every soldier killed in the UK during Workd War I. Must be a very emotional scene for those who have the chance to go and see this display.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 19 Jan 2015, 18:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Home »  Entertainment

George Clooney, Amal Clooney's new £10 million mansion perfect for 'ghost' view

Monday, 19 January 2015 - 5:03pm IST | Place: London | Agency: ANI

Newlyweds George and Amal Clooney's stunning £10 million English mansion has a countryside location, private gym, secluded gardens, and a perfect spot to view a ghost from.

Newlyweds George Clooney and Amal Clooney's stunning £10 million English mansion has a countryside location, private gym, secluded gardens, and a perfect spot to view a ghost from.

According to a neighbour, Uri Geller, who's a spoon bender and paranormal "expert", the A-list couple's nine bedroom house on the River Thames in Sonning is the perfect place to see the ghost of a little girl who roams the village, the Daily Express reported. Geller, 68, claims that the Berkshire village is the site of some unusual activity, particularly near its historic bridge, and he had seen some strange things on it, including the ghost of a little girl who crosses it.

The 53-year-old actor had bought the home following his wedding to British-based lawyer Amal Alamuddin, 36, in September, however, it's is unknown if he knew about the spooky story.

Geller, who also owns a nine bedroom house on the river in the village, and lives one minute walk away from Clooney's home with his wife Hanna, said that he had posted Clooney three of his books, including the one he hopes to be made into a film. Geller had also claimed back in 2013, that the child ghost was responsible for putting up a postbox which mysteriously appeared in the middle of Sonning bridge.

Despite all this, Clooney and his wife seem to have adjusted well and the pair have been making friends with the locals in the village's pub, The Bull Inn.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 19 Jan 2015, 19:39

ghost
misterious post box?!?

Shocked Errrr Eeek!  scaredsilly  Sneaky Run for the hills eekout
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 19 Jan 2015, 21:37

Old houses in England always have ghosts but this one seems to be the village ghost.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 20 Jan 2015, 00:43

Well, it's certainly been a way for Geller to get some more publicity - maybe he's trying to hint to His Nibs that they've haven't met up yet! Or he has a show coming up somewhere. Not sure the Clooneys will appreciate it. There are several famous people in the area - but not a peep out of them about their new neighbours. Part of the attraction of the place.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 13 Mar 2015, 23:45

Progress.........gardeners, trees for planting, landscaping

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Mar 2015, 23:55

From the above web site....

"The fence that was recently erected is being removed after neighbours, including Uri Geller, allegedly complained to the council"

So trees are being planted instead, by the look of things.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Mar 2015, 12:15

You'd have thought Uri Geller could have just made the fence disappear - or at least bend out of his way! No need to complain to the council!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 14 Mar 2015, 13:16

Not starting out on the right foot with your new neighbors Uri. :/
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Mar 2015, 15:01

I don't think Uri Gellar lives close by the Clooneys
on the island.
But I can check next time I see a friend who's 
been there.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 02 May 2015, 13:48

George and Amal Clooney sail into a storm over plans for Thameside river lodge: A-list couple told to scale down cabin with a view

No doubt they are keen to enjoy the stunning views of the Thames from their sprawling £10million manor house.

But it seems that George and Amal Clooney won't be doing so from the pretty cabin they had in mind.

Plans for a wooden pavilion on the edge of their riverside property have sailed into choppy waters with officials, who told the A-list couple to go back to the drawing board.

Documents reveal the Clooneys were advised to scale down their ambitious blueprint for a timber-framed cabin surrounded by a veranda, referred to as the 'River House'.

The Hollywood star, 53, and his British wife were told it was too large and jarred with their Grade-II listed home and 'the riverside appearance of this part of the Thames.' 

A local conservation group has also waded in, claiming a fence will make the riverbank 'very unsightly'.

The couple bought the nine-bedroom home in Berkshire following their lavish wedding in Venice last September.

It is now undergoing a series of renovations to make it fit for the film star and human rights lawyer Mrs Clooney, 37 – and plans were submitted in March to add a 12-seater cinema, swimming pool with pool house and an annexe.

Now temporarily based in New York, the couple have resubmitted designs for a smaller River House.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George and Amal Clooney bought the nine-bedroom in Berkshire following their wedding last September

Renovations: The couple's £10million Berkshire home that they purchased last September 
Documents reveal the Clooneys were advised to scale down their ambitious blueprint for a timber-framed cabin surrounded by a veranda, referred to as the 'River House'

Amal Clooney married the 53-year-old Hollywood star at a lavish ceremony in Venice last year

Amal Clooney looks flawless for dinner with George and parents

Email correspondence published on the council's planning website indicates the new plans are more likely to be accepted. There have been no objections to the pool house and the home cinema.

South Oxfordshire District Council said the original plans – which involved replacing a small existing building with a far larger one – would 'harm the setting' of their listed mansion and the riverside character of the area.

Raising separate concerns about fencing around the property, community group the Sonning and Sonning Eye Society said in a letter: 'The Society wishes to express its concern that the proposed fence, which already appears to be partly in place, will collect extensive debris every time the River Thames floods and this will simply gather at the base of the fence and make the river bank very unsightly.'

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 20 May 2015, 18:11

Planning permission for everything they wanted granted today

Were all those nice things he's been saying about the area a coincidence? Didn't do any harm! Clever old George

Hollywood A-lister George Clooney and wife get green light for lavish home improvements

The couple want to make various additions including a swimming pool and home Cinema

Sonning’s Hollywood power couple have won permission to add some lavish additions to their massive Thames-side home.
South Oxfordshire District Council has approved the plans submitted by George and Amal Clooney to add a swimming pool and pool house and home cinema room to the listed building.
The council has also approved plans to make alterations to the boathouse, replace the entrance gates and add a new building “for services”.
The council has put some conditions on the listed-building permission, saying it must be carried out within three years of permission being granted.
Sonning Eye and Dunsden Parish Council had objected to the application on the grounds the fencing was too close to the river, but the council saw fit to allow the plans.
The couple bought the £5 million house last year and were recently warned of the dangers of being targeted by crime gangs using drones.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 20 May 2015, 19:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by / Wed 20 May 2015, 21:16

No worries about the drones, Amal is an expert on those.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 21 May 2015, 02:15

"Sonning Eye and Dunsden Parish Council had objected to the application on the grounds the fencing was too close to the river, but the council saw fit to allow the plans."

I wonder how many $$$$$$s that cost the Clooneys?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 May 2015, 02:42

Good point, Mel, but I suspect that's illegal........

Bigger council overruled the little one........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 21:00

Clooney spotting in Sonning with excited ladies

So a clever Paparazzi could take a little boat cross the little lake get over the little fence and trees and get bitten by a big dog called Einstein LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Jun 2015, 10:28

Not a new story - on here somewehere.............

George Clooney Recruiting Style Gurus For Home Renovation

George Clooney Has Reportedly Hired The Designers Behind Private Members' Club Chain Soho House To Transform His U.k. Home.

The Ocean's Eleven star and his wife Amal are set to move into their home in Berkshire, England later this year (15) once renovations, including a swimming pool, pool house and cinema, are completed at the historic property.
According to Britain's Sun on Sunday, Clooney called in the design team behind Soho House, which has locations worldwide, to overhaul the mansion's interior look.
A source says, "George is a regular at Soho House over in West Hollywood and loves the relaxed vibe and design of it so wanted to replicate a bit of that at his British home... Both George and Amal have had a lot of input into the plans but the Soho House guys have worked their magic."

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 20:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 27 Jun 2015, 15:43

George Clooney is 'the worst neighbour you could have'
George Clooney has been labeled "the worst neighbour you could have".

The 54-year-old actor and his lawyer wife Amal Clooney, 34, are due to move into their £10million British riverside home - situated in Sonning Eye on the outskirts of Reading, Berks - at the end of July. However, construction on the property has been going on "for months", and the roar from heavy machinery, sanders and drills has been upsetting the locals.

One of George and Amal's future neighbours told The Sun newspaper: "Half the locals love having a celebrity in town, others think he's the worst neighbour you could have. The construction's been going on for months and will be lucky to finish before the year is out."

The married couple's luxury home is due to include a new annex with 12-seater cinema, a pool house and staff quarters, but is currently littered with skips, diggers, portaloos, temporary fencing and scaffolding, and work has not even started on the 15-metre swimming pool,

Construction on the site has been held up, as the architects were told to take special measures to prevent flooding in case the Thames bursts its banks, as well as searches for bats, voles and otter habitats, in case of any environmental concerns.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 27 Jun 2015, 15:59

Makes for a good headline.  However maybe they should just get over themselves. Many neighborhoods put up with new construction from time to time.  I sense that when its all done the neighborhood will probably embrace George.  He'll probably go around and apology to everyone who may have been inconvenienced.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 27 Jun 2015, 19:43

Exactly.  He'd be the first to go around apologising to everyone who might have been affected.

Wonder who it was who's complained.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 27 Jun 2015, 22:33

So these people have never lived with construction going on on an old house then? I doubt neighbors are mad at George the house needs work they should understand that.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 28 Jun 2015, 15:39

party animal - not! wrote:Exactly.  He'd be the first to go around apologising to everyone who might have been affected.

Wonder who it was who's complained.

If anyone can find then you can pan.  lol!

Good luck !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 28 Jun 2015, 15:57

Needless to say there are a couple of inaccuracies in the report, and nothing from the local paper..............

The theatre is very close, but there wouldn't be noise during performances or at the weekend, so.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 28 Jun 2015, 21:34

A near neighbour of mine is having his family home extended.
I wouldn't dream of complaining about any noise.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 26 Jul 2015, 02:15

The London Evening Standard about how many people live or want to live in Sonning.......some inaccuracies I think

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 26 Jul 2015, 03:04

Yea. A lot of unsubstantiated statements.

Seems to be many rumor ridden George stories this summer.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:30

George Clooney gets permission for CCTV cameras around £10million mansion despite unhappy neighbours

Locals in Thameside weren't pleased but the Ocean's Eleven star has won the battle to have eight tall poles put up around the property

George Clooney has won permission to erect eight tall poles with CCTV cameras around his £10million mansion despite objections from unhappy neighbours, it was revealed today.
The silver-haired Ocean's Eleven actor was delighted to see his controversial application to have the surveillance equipment installed approved.
The initial application sparked objections from residents of the Thameside village, who feared the cameras would violate their privacy.

However the 54-year-old's luxurious riverside home in Sonning Eye, Berks., will now be fitted with an extensive CCTV system after planners gave the development the green light.
The Grade II listed Aberlash House will be fitted with 10 cameras, and surrounded by eight wooden 18ft poles fitted with further security cameras.
Each camera will be housed in a protective vandal-resistant dome and could be tilted or panned to face in any direction, allowing Clooney and his barrister wife, Amal Alamuddin, to keep watch all around their property.

The scheme was met with heavy criticism from residents and the local parish council.
Eye and Dunsden Parish Council objected to the plans, claiming that the wide range of cameras would represent a "potential infringement of the privacy of neighbouring properties."
It said the poles would be a "visual intrusion" into the village's conservation area, adding: "A more appropriate security system could be achieved by a greater number of inward-facing low-level cameras."
The couple's planning agent, Paul Butt, submitted an amended application on July 13 this year which planned to reduce the height of the two tallest CCTV support posts.

Planning bosses rubber-stamped the amended plans, saying they "would not be detrimental to the special architectural and historic interest of the listed building or its setting."
The council's decision notice, dated Monday, August 3, added that the work must be carried out within three years of the date of consent.
The nine-bedroom listed building sits on a four acre stretch of land straddling the Berkshire and Oxfordshire border in the picturesque quietude of the River Thames.
Extensive renovation work is currently taking place on the couple's £10million Georgian mansion, where scaffolding is erected while builders fix the roof.
While they cannot extend their Grade II-listed manor house, the couple were recently granted planning permission to do major extension work to the neighbouring annexe, which currently houses a boathouse and greenhouse.

The stunning property currently houses a gym and steam room, a library, study, family room, formal dining room and cellar and a boat house.
The annexe development will add a state-of-the-art 12-seater cinema for private home screenings to part of the greenhouse.
A new pool house, pergola and hot tub will be built onto the back of the existing riverside boat house, allowing George and his new wife Amal to luxuriate by the estuaries of the River Thames.
The oak pergola will sit before an 18m swimming pool, surrounded in reclaimed York stone, surrounded by sun loungers and a bubbling jacuzzi.
New boundary fencing is being added around the riverside estate and new solid gates fitted for added privacy and security.

Clooney and his wife bought their mansion last October after tying the knot in a star-studded ceremony in Venice. The couple moved out at Christmas while repairs were done to the listed property and they awaited the decisions on their planning applications.
Set in four acres on the outskirts of the beautiful quaint village of Sonning, Berks., the Clooneys' neighbours include Home Secretary Theresa May, Israeli illusionist Uri Geller and Led Zeplin founder Jimmy Page.
The couple have been spotted dining at the village public house, The Bull Inn and going to see a show at the neighbouring Mill at Sonning riverside theatre.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:22

Nice pix of them both in this article in Bunte - think it's about the CCTV (Help Nicky!) but was wondering if that's the new roof or old. Think it's the latter

Google Translation

They new castle is a maximum security prison

Amal and George Clooney have made a luxurious new home in British Berkshire. And equip has more security equipment than some maximum-security prison to offer now!

Because you deserve nothing else! To befitting get away from their stressful jetset life, Amal (37) and George Clooney (54) have gained a new oasis of calm: a real fairytale castle from the 17th century for a mere 10 million British pounds (about 14 million euros) ,

Lots of security cameras

Clearly, the 17,000 square meter property will be well protected. The "Aberlash House" itself is to be equipped with ten security cameras, complemented by eight well-equipped with 360-degree cameras, five-meter-high pole around the plot. Now, the approval for upgrading work came - much to the chagrin of neighbors, including among others "Led Zeppelin" founder Jimmy Page (71).

They make themselves now unpopular

Local residents are of the opinion that the posts optically do not fit in the beautiful scenery and are worried about their privacy. So looks very much as had the glamor couple soon often times invite the neighborhood on a nice afternoon with them, to get them back on their side. Enough space and opportunities for them have: Located on the River Thames Nine bedroom villa including Boat and greenhouse will soon be supplemented by a private cinema, a swimming pool and a hot tub ...

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic and text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:29

That looks like the old roof to me.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Sep 2015, 21:47

Aerial photographs show how extensive renovation has begun on turning George and Amal Clooney’s £10million mansion into the perfect marital home

These aerial photographs show the extensive renovation work being carried out on George Clooney's £10million riverside mansion to convert the sprawling country pile into the perfect marital home.

The Hollywood actor and his human rights lawyer wife Amal Alamuddin, 37, are mid-way through revamping their immaculate nine-bedroom bolthole in the Berkshire village of Sonning, near Reading, into an immaculate family home, complete with a home cinema and 360-degree security.

As part of a multi-million pound renovation, the pair - who married last year in a lavish four-day ceremony - are installing a new 60ft swimming pool, surrounded in reclaimed York stone, a pool house and a tennis court. 

These aerial photographs show the extensive renovation work being carried out on George Clooney's £10million riverside mansion to convert the property into a lavish marital home
A pergola, hot tub and 12-seater cinema will also be installed in a converted greenhouse on the site of the Grade II listed property, while builders are also erecting 10 CCTV cameras along the mansion's perimeter.

Each new camera will be housed in a protective vandal-resistant dome and could be tilted or panned to face in any direction, allowing the celebrity couple to keep watch all around their property. 

New boundary fencing is also being added around the riverside estate while new solid gates are being fitted for added privacy and security.

The changes have come at a cost, with at least 25 vans being seen in an adjoining car park this week as improvements continued. Builders and lorries have been seen driving through the quaint village, carrying the renovation materials to and from the property.

Even before the work began, the 17th Century property was already something of a luxury. The ivy-covered home boasts a suite of elegant reception rooms with high ceilings, book-lined walls, chandeliers and open fireplaces. There is also a gym and steam room, a library, study, family room, formal dining room and cellar and a boat house.

Eye and Dunsden Parish Council initially objected to the camera plans, claiming they would represent a 'potential infringement of the privacy of neighbouring properties.' 

The Clooneys' neighbours include Home Secretary Theresa May, Israeli illusionist Uri Geller and Led Zeppelin founding member and guitarist Jimmy Page

The pair are installing a new 18m swimming pool and pool house, surrounded in reclaimed York stone, along with a 12-seater private cinema at the Grade II-listed property

The countryside bolthole sits on a four acre stretch of land straddling the Berkshire and Oxfordshire border in the picturesque quietude of the River Thames
The council also suggested that the poles would be a 'visual intrusion' into the village's conservation area, adding: 'A more appropriate security stem could be achieved by a greater number of inward-facing low-level cameras.'

But the couple's planning agent Paul Butt submitted an amended application which planned to reduce the height of the two tallest CCTV support posts.

Planning bosses rubber-stamped the amended plans, saying they 'would not be detrimental to the special architectural and historic interest of the listed building or its setting.'

The council's decision notice, which was published in August, added that the work must be carried out within three years of the date of consent. 

This plan shows how the cinema will be part of a larger pool house with private bedroom, kitchen, bar and seating area

This diagram shows the private cinema the Clooneys are planning to add to their already beautiful Home Counties mansion

The Clooneys are adding a large terrace to their already grand Grade II property in Berkshire. The work is currently underway 

The countryside bolthole sits on a four acre stretch of land straddling the Berkshire and Oxfordshire border in the picturesque quietude of the River Thames.

The Clooneys' neighbours include Home Secretary Theresa May, Israeli illusionist Uri Geller and Led Zeppelin founding member and guitarist Jimmy Page.

Clooney is thought to have become interested in the area after visiting the Buckinghamshire village of Fingest while shooting scenes for his film The Monuments Men. 

The couple have been spotted dining at the village public house, The Bull Inn, and going to see a show at the neighbouring Mill at Sonning riverside theatre, as well as purchasing coffee at the nearby Riverside Tea Garden cafe.  

This is one of the main living areas in the multi-million pound house in Berkshire, which has grand open windows and traditional fireplaces

The kitchen has an island worktop in the centre of the room and an Aga stove. The doors open onto the vast acres of garden on site 

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 Sep 2015, 20:49

I hope they throw a friendy marvellous housewarming
party for all the neighbours and free cinema seats
for a year to compensate for the disruption.

sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 30 Sep 2015, 20:10

They do that.Be good neighbors to all people.Amal spend lots of money all round town to impress people.Make George proud!
Good job they sre rich.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Sep 2015, 20:43

Amal and George spend their money, I don't think either of them is trying to impress anybody. 

Their home needed redoing to be livable and comfortable for them for their lives together.

They are rich and spend what they need and makes them happy the  same way we all do with our money they simply have more .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Oct 2015, 11:47

Tennis court news.....

except I bet there is no problem at all in the end.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 08 Oct 2015, 11:58

I just thought:
What happened if they would join a local tennis club? Would visit a local cinema? Would go to a local public pool?
Everybody would want a selfie or an autograph with them, would take photos or videos of them secretly, paparazzi would mob them...
Not much fun for them, I suggest.

So I do understand why they want all this on their own ground...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Oct 2015, 12:30

Well, don't know about you, but I would love to have a tennis court in my garden....and they have a few acres there.

I think the article says it all. They've already made sure in their application that the siting and problems of previous applications to build one have been taken account by the Clooneys and their surveyors. You can't imagine them not doing that, can you?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 08 Oct 2015, 13:24

Well, PAN,
I surely would allow them to build a tennis court if it doesn't interfere with the siting...
And would hope for an invitation to a tennis match and some Casamigos Cool
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 08 Oct 2015, 13:31

carolhathaway wrote:I just thought:
What happened if they would join a local tennis club? Would visit a local cinema? Would go to a local public pool?
Everybody would want a selfie or an autograph with them, would take photos or videos of them secretly, paparazzi would mob them...

I wrote this because to me that's a really important point:
They are - at least - wealthy, but if you just think where snaps of them were taken: They can't hide, they are too well-known. And even amongst other celebrities George is a class of its own, well, maybe the british understatement helps...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 08 Oct 2015, 13:38

carolhathaway wrote:I just thought:

I think that's why most really famous people live in such lavish homes. Since they can't go out and enjoy themselves like everyone else can without it turning into a circus for them and everyone around them, they create a home where they can do the things that they enjoy.

I think that's also why they buy such large homes. They need room for all the things they like to do. Can you imagine George in a house with no screening room? with no gym? or (Heaven forbid) with no bar?!!! And they need room for all their friends and family to come stay. They don't get to see them often, so having them stay over once in a while is probably the least troublesome way to get together.

As much as I find G&A's lives fascinating, when I really think about it, it isn't a life I'd want to live. Being always on the go and under a microscope wherever you are doesn't sound like fun. Maybe it is for a while when you're really young and trying to make your mark on the world, but for me it would get old very fast. I like being able to live my life without the whole world watching.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Oct 2015, 14:23

So very true, Lizzy, and His Nibs said as much in his interview on Colbert, when he said it's a relief to shine the spotlight on something that deserves it more........

Actually I think he does amazingly well to keep the levels of privacy that he gets given who he is. Just think how long he managed to keep Amal under wraps. True of people like the Jolie Pitts too

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 08 Oct 2015, 14:47

PAN - Just imagine how many people and how much work it takes to maintain even the little bit of privacy he does get. IMO, in a lot of ways being an A-list celebrity sucks!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 08 Oct 2015, 15:47

Yes it does take a lot of people to maintain his privacy I remember an interview with one of his friends , he said they don't bring strangers around George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next