George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!!

+18
Jenn
jd68
it's me
melbert
Nicky80
Doug Ross
Joanna
hathaross
The next mrs clooney
Alisonfan
silly willy
bgarabedian
doris day
Cece42
Sevens
Missa
annemarie
party animal - not!
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! Empty Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!!

Post by party animal - not! Thu 25 Sep 2014, 00:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amal Alamuddin flashes engagement ring as she arrives in Italy ahead of wedding to George Clooney

The bride-to-be showed no sign of pre-wedding jitters as she landed in Italy ahead of her impending nuptials this weekend 

XPOSURE [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amal Alamuddin arrives at the airport in Italy ahead of her wedding to George Clooney  
There is only three days left until Hollywood’s most eligible batchelor George Clooney finally ties the knot.
But his fiancee Amal Alamuddin showed no sign of last minute nerves as she touched down in Italy yesterday.
The human rights lawyer, 36, arrived at an airport with her mum Baria - who was seen pushing six large suitcases through the terminal. George, 53, is believed to be arriving separately.
Smiling Amal, who lives in London, was holding a large box which is likely to contain her wedding dress. She also clutched a Stella McCartney clothing bag.

Amal Alamuddin arrives at the airport in Italy ahead of her wedding to George Clooney  

Amal is spending the final days in the lead up to her wedding with her mother.
And the Mirror can reveal that George’s mum Nina is giving Amal a key to a house they own in their hometown as a wedding present. 
Nina has grown close to Amal in the lead up to the wedding which is believed to be taking place in a 13th century Palazzo along the Canao Grande in Venice this weekend.

And, in a thoughtful gesture, Nina recently had a key cut for Amal so she can come and go at their Victorian mansion in Augusta, Kentucky.
A source said: “Nina and George’s dad Nick have been wracking their brains over what to get Amal for the wedding.

“They wanted it to have a lot of meaning and they know how important family is to Amal, so they are giving her a key to their home. It’s a beautiful house called The River House and it is well loved by all the family.
“Amal is absolutely delighted as she thinks it is beautiful.”

According to reports in the local press in Venice, Clooney has hired out two luxury hotels for the event. 
The 24-room, seven-star Aman Canal Grande in the Palazzo Papadopoli is the favoured setting for the reception.
The couple are also believed to have taken over the 79-room Hotel Cipriani which is reached only by private motor launch.
Earlier this month Clooney let slip that he had chosen Venice to tie the knot. He said: “I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, whom I will be marrying, in a couple of weeks, in Venice, of all places.”

And, in a thoughtful gesture, Nina recently had a key cut for Amal so she can come and go at their Victorian mansion in Augusta, Kentucky.
A source said: “Nina and George’s dad Nick have been wracking their brains over what to get Amal for the wedding.

“They wanted it to have a lot of meaning and they know how important family is to Amal, so they are giving her a key to their home. It’s a beautiful house called The River House and it is well loved by all the family.
“Amal is absolutely delighted as she thinks it is beautiful.”

According to reports in the local press in Venice, Clooney has hired out two luxury hotels for the event. 
The 24-room, seven-star Aman Canal Grande in the Palazzo Papadopoli is the favoured setting for the reception.
The couple are also believed to have taken over the 79-room Hotel Cipriani which is reached only by private motor launch.
Earlier this month Clooney let slip that he had chosen Venice to tie the knot. He said: “I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, whom I will be marrying, in a couple of weeks, in Venice, of all places.”

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! Empty Re: Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!!

Post by party animal - not! Thu 25 Sep 2014, 00:39

More..........

No bridezilla antics here! A relaxed Amal Alamuddin travels light with a suitcase and parcel as she touches down in Italy ahead of her wedding to George Clooney

It’s believed her wedding to 53-year-old Hollywood heavyweight George Clooney will be happening this weekend.

But instead of letting the last minute nerves and preparations get the better of her, Amal Alamuddin chose to relish the excitement of her impending nuptials.

The stunning lawyer looked the picture of happiness and contentment when she touched down in Milan, Italy on Wednesday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Here comes the easy going bride! Amal Alamuddin looked relaxed when she touched down in Milan, Italy on Wednesday ahead of her impending nuptials with actor George Clooney 

Amal kept it casual in a black cardigan, green T-shirt, ripped grey jeans and metallic laceless brogues.

Joined by her mother Baria Alamuddin, Amal beamed as she carried along a suitcase in one hand and a box - which could have possibly contained her wedding dress - in the other.

Slung over her shoulder was a Stella McCartney garment bag.

While the beautiful bride-to-be was travelling relatively light, her mother Baria more than made up for her daughter’s relative modesty.

Absolutely beaming: The 36-year-old glowed with happiness as she carried her luggage through the airport 
Family time: Amal was joined by her mother Baria Alamuddin, who appeared to be in organising mode

In fact, at one point Baria needed assistance pushing her trolley, which was loaded with mountains of purple suitcases, through the terminal.

The 36-year-old has landed in Italy ahead of a lavish ceremony on Saturday, which is tipped to be at the Aman Canal Grande Venice hotel.

Despite George’s fortune Amal’s parents are believed to have insisted on paying for the big day.

A helping hand: Baria piled up a trolley with mountains of purple suitcases which an assistant tended to 
Sparkle sparkle! The beautiful brunette showed off her enormous engagement bling from George Clooney 
Not long now! It's believed George and Amal will tie the knot in a lavish ceremony on Saturday at the Aman Canal Grande Venice hotel

Meanwhile a new report from UsWeekly claims Amal will walk down the aisle wearing a creation by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.

She is the same woman who created Kate Middleton's impressive lace wedding dress when she married Prince William in 2011.

This news shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to clever eyed fans.

What's in the box? The bilingual beauty carried a large box in one hand while a Stella McCartney garment bag was slung over her shoulder 
Small and intimate: According to sources the wedding will host around 60 guests 
You've got to have options! Although a fresh report from USWeekly claims Amal will wear an Alexander McQueen gown, on Wednesday she stepped out with a Stella McCartney bag

Alamuddin was seen leaving a McQueen office in London on September 3 with a friend in tow.

The attorney was smiling as she exited the building in a red print jumpsuit and large pink purse.

The brunette may also wear a Monique Lhuillier gown to her after party on Sunday, added a source.

Keeping it casual: Amal worked a green T-shirt, black cardigan and ripped jeans 
Stylish traveller: She finished off her look with metallic brogues and drop earrings 
Fun times ahead! On September 26, George and Amal will reportedly hold a 'casual' dinner at the Hotel Cipriani
I do! The next morning, the couple plan to don formal attire and head to the Aman Canal Grande Venice hotel to tie the knot at 11am
His leading lady! 'I would just like to say to my bride-to-be Amal that I love you very much and I can’t wait to be your husband,' George gushed to Amal earlier in the month 
Bring it on! Amal couldn't have looked further from stressed as she traipsed through the airport 

This comes on the heels of the news that Clooney will wear Armani.

Giorgio Armani announced at his Emporio Armani show during Milan Fashion Week that he’s dressing the ER star.

'George has chosen and been fitted for an Armani suit for his wedding,' the Italian fashion designer said according to People, which got its information from Italian TV reporters at the show.
A beautiful pair! Giorgio Armani confirmed George has been fitted for an Armani suit for his wedding
A sentimental venue: 'I met my bride-to-be in Italy, and I will be married in Italy soon. In Venice, of all places,' George recently said

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!! Empty Re: Amal arriving in Italy today with lots of boxes!!

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 00:52

She looks happy I hope the wedding is wonderful .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 01:25

She does look happy - good for her.  

And if that story about Nick and Nina's gift is true, it's lovely.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 25 Sep 2014, 02:52

She looks great! But why would she arrive in Milan at first? And where's our groom-to-be at the moment?Very Happy
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 02:54

They always seem to fly in and out of Milan. Possibly the closest airport with international flights?
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 02:57

OK I am going to shock everyone here, as much as I don't like her (and I will spare you all the reasons), she looks nice here, and she better look happy, marrying GC she will have the world at her feet.  If she were marrying a KING no one would even know who she is.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:03

if you want to go to venice there is an airport in venice.nonsense to arrive in milan and more...she arrived in malpensa which is the nearest airport to como.

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:13

Yup, if you google "flights from london to lake como", they all take you to Milan. Maybe the wedding is happening there after all. I would think if they were marrying in Venice, they'd at least send the luggage straight there. No need to lug all those bags to Como and then Venice. Curiouser and curiouser...
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:17

of course!  from london to como you can fly to milan or to switzerland that is close and imo the guys are now in switzerland where there are no paps going around biking and from there they will go to laglio

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:19

Could explain why the villa was shuttered, everyone off doing their own things before the celebration begins.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:20

imo the celebration will be in villa d'este

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:21

I think they sat back and let the press work themselves up in to a frenzy. The hotels could have been rented out by any one they aren't going to say who rented them. Also , why was George's home made off limits to fans and press until the end of September? George repeated what was being said in the press sarcastically and the press took him to be telling the truth.  I don't think George or Amal want their wedding turned into a circus by the press.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:23

It would be kind of funny if his "I'm getting married in Venice of all places" turned out to be him making fun of the ridiculous rumors running through the press. That confirmation was so out of character; it would make so much more sense if that were the case.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:24

That would also explain why Rande wasn't with Cindy he is already there with George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:25

It's all coming together! I think we've solved the mystery! Wink
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:26

Yep - but er, no to the airports. Private planes go into Lugano, just over the hill from Como and Laglio. The private landing strip in Venice is the Lido.

Last paps I swa on the lake being checked up on the police had a humungous van with Ticino, Switzerland plates..and they really weren't that close to the village.

The mayor's gone a bit quiet hasn't he?

Still think the Cipriani is in the mix and also D'este on the lake.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:30

Ok, but then why fly to Milan then Venice? Especially lugging all that stuff. I still think it's Como, and almost has to be at the hotel. He doesn't have the room to manage 60 guests at the villa.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:35

I don't see flying in and out again with all that stuff just for a one day party. That includes the guests having to travel.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Thu 25 Sep 2014, 07:51

Now let the wedding begin, no turning back now. It is all in the works and seems like everything is speeding up and everyone is anxious to see this wedding and how that handsome man george will walk down the isle smiling and happy and I still feel sad but happy for him. It is a big day for everyone who loves george, part of all of us is there at the wedding and some are sad and some are happy but most of all this is a very special day for george and amal and if george is happy than I am happy too. love you, bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Thu 25 Sep 2014, 09:15

Back to Amal and her beautiful boxes Wink!

I think she looks lovely, as usual.  Like her or not ladies, Amal has class and she's very pretty.  And she has the prettiest hair I think I've ever seen.  

One glimpse of these Malpensa shots and I fully get the "I can't wait to be your husband" statement.

I also love that she wears whatever the f she wants -- ripped jeans and all -- while carrying her most precious garments in their beautiful boxes.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:38

Hello hello, so obviously a pre-planned pap shot.   Please note, nobody else in the airport is at all alert to what is happening.
Amal has her usual blow out, looking lovely, pap (friend) is at a good distance away, Amal is used to this regime by now.
So from a distance he shoots away, she knows where he is and poses madly.  The people around them are not inconvenienced, as is evident.

Why all these pre-planned shoots?  Why not rely on organic public/press interest .

SAD

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:44

She does look happy but who can blame her.  I dont think her wedding dress is in the box my guess is that the dress will be sent by courier from the designer.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:46

Alisonfan wrote:Hello hello, so obviously a pre-planned pap shot.   Please note, nobody else in the airport is at all alert to what is happening.
Amal has her usual blow out, looking lovely, pap (friend) is at a good distance away, Amal is used to this regime by now.
So from a distance he shoots away, she knows where he is and poses madly.  The people around them are not inconvenienced, as is evident.

Why all these pre-planned shoots?  Why not rely on organic public/press interest .

SAD
Why is it planned?  Her hair always looks like that.  The paps are going to be staking out the airport since its closest to Como.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:52

Yep. Shame about the vitriol....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:59

cheers  cheers  Wedding is coming!!!!!! She looks great and really happy.
Both are in Venice now. I can´t wait to see all the photos.
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:03

Her hair should look good she is getting married what is she supposed to look like. She has events coming up and was probably going to see Georg and others when she got there.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:14

Hathaross unless I missed something they are in Laglio. She arrived in Milan .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:27

Fabulous set of pictures by the Mail, maybe making amends for previous gaff !!
I like the way that Amal is carrying her precious things herself, not trusting anyone else.
Just like any bride to be that I've known who
travelling abroad to be married.
Normal down to earth behaviour. Coolio

Mama has some super purple suitcases on a big trolley.
I covet one for myself !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:32

She arrived to Milan? I thought Venice... well then they must have a lot of things in Laglio, take things, and then go to Venice, but there is already people in Venice. Casamigos posted a photo in a Gondola
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:14

He never said he will get married in Venice, he said that, of all place, he MET her in Venice.
I think that what he said was a volunteer game of word to make press think that he will married in Venice while he's marrying in Como. 
Even the photo posted by Casamigos could be a trap..

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:15

Can wait for more pics when everyone arrives
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:28

Doug Ross wrote:He never said he will get married in Venice, he said that, of all place, he MET her in Venice.
I think that what he said was a volunteer game of word to make press think that he will married in Venice while he's marrying in Como. 
Even the photo posted by Casamigos could be a trap..

The actor was being honored at a charity event in Florence when he said, "I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, whom I will be marrying in a couple of weeks, in Venice of all places."
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:34

It's funny, in writing it looks like he's saying he met her in Venice, but when he's speaking it does sound like they're marrying there. Could go either way.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:52

He said he met her in Italy not he met her in venice. I guess it could be either but we know not at Cipriani that is booked for another wedding. By late Saturday or Sunday we will probably know where the wedding was.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 25 Sep 2014, 13:22

When he spoke at the charity event, he said "I'll be marrying in Italy soon, in a couple if weeks" as it was something more. But all he wanted to say is that he met her in Venice, and that would explain the "of all places", as he was surprise of met her in Italy..
I don't know if I made mspyself clear, I hope so.
By the way, that's just how I have interpreted his words, they could have meant anything.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Sep 2014, 14:03

he is a master of deceiving
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Sep 2014, 14:07

but in case i guess then he will need to fear paps and media fury Suspect
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 14:10

Wasn't t here a report that the invitations did not list the where the wedding was taking place - just a time to be at an airfield. I'm wondering if all of the guests are gathering and will take a charter flight to Venice (or wherever the wedding will be).
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Sep 2014, 15:07

if we still have doubts on his words
... how can we believe other not well specified sources ? Neutral
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 15:18

Right now I think the only thing we know is that he is getting married. And if it is in Venice not at Cipriani since it has been booked for another wedding.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 25 Sep 2014, 15:25

Missa, I think you're onto something with his statement. It was pretty ambiguous wasn't it, and open to interpretation.  And everyone may have interpreted it wrongly. How funny. Clever George......very similar to his red carpet statement about rumours of dating three women at the same time. 'I should be an athlete........'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 15:36

Yes none of the guests know where the wedding is taking place. So there is no way in heck the press can know. At this point the wedding could be anywhere in Italy that's about all any of us know.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Thu 25 Sep 2014, 16:24

cant believe that casamigos post an instagram to be sure that everybody believes they will be there!!!! for that reason i would run to como if i was a pap

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Thu 25 Sep 2014, 18:13

aw she looks so pretty. #Iloveherhair
Give Flowers
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 18:22

Alisonfan wrote:Hello hello, so obviously a pre-planned pap shot.   Please note, nobody else in the airport is at all alert to what is happening.

SAD

Haha, well i don't think she may have gone to the length of arranging for paps, let alone alerting them, BUT...must admit my first impression when i saw these pics was that she got not only a blowout buy her hair set (and full makeup) just for a flight, meaning she always prepares in advance for the press.
   Then again, she may have an event that she's heading to as soon as she steps off the plane, explaining the need for the set hair.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 18:26

Or she just likes to get her hair done. If she can afford it, why not treat herself? Her nails and hair are always impeccable; it seems like that's her splurge on herself, rather than on clothes or shoes.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 25 Sep 2014, 18:29

mel01 wrote:

SAD

Haha, well i don't think she may have gone to the length of arranging for paps, let alone alerting them, BUT...must admit my first impression when i saw these pics was that she got not only a blowout buy her hair set (and full makeup) just for a flight, meaning she always prepares in advance for the press.
   Then again, she may have an event that she's heading to as soon as she steps off the plane, explaining the need for the set hair.
And at this point, she really looks like she's loving the attention.  Those photos are more than a happy bride to be.. George may have created a publicity loving monster.  Just my opinion, folks.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 25 Sep 2014, 18:32

Missa wrote:She does look happy - good for her.  

And if that story about Nick and Nina's gift is true, it's lovely.
who leaked the gift story, anyone know?

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 25 Sep 2014, 18:34

My guess is the person who cut the key.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next