George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special

+5
lionheart
hathaross
theminis
melbert
Nicky80
9 posters

Go down

ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special Empty ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special

Post by Nicky80 Fri 19 Sep 2014, 22:40

In the article (last paragraph) they write something about a Video. I must be really blond but I can't find the Video in the link. Can somebody guide me ....

ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special—Plus, Watch George Clooney Goof Off Behind the Scenes!

It's 1999 and I'm 12 years old. ER is five years old. We meet for the first time and it's love at first sight. There's something magical about the NBC hospital drama that took me—and America—by storm. I saw reruns on TNT, binged on them nightly until I was caught up with the current one on NBC. It's been 20 years since the show first premiered—Monday, Sept. 19, 1994—and the affects it had on the world of pop culture are still being felt today.

ER gave us so much! Besides 15 years of entertainment, the show helped launch the careers of all your favorites. Without ER there'd be no George Clooney wedding mania. Without ER there'd be no The Good Wife. Without ER I would have never dealt with the trauma of losing my favorite TV character (I still don't handle that trauma well).
The cast was unparalleled—and, as you can see in the never-seen footage above of E!'s first-ever visit to the ER set in 2004, had a whole lot of fun.

We have a lot to thank ER for.

ER gave me the ability to… come to terms with loss
I was devastated when Sherry Stringfield left ER. I started watching the series in syndication on TNT, pretty much from the start. I fell hard for Stringfield's Dr. Susan Lewis and her husky voice, her problem sister and eventual beloved niece. Yet she was yanked from me after three seasons (in syndication time that was probably close to two months)! Later, I'd have to come to terms with Carol Hathaway (Julianna Margulies) leaving and then the ending of other favorites of my youth Xena: Warrior Princess and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but Stringfield's ER exit was my first pop culture heartbreak.

ER taught me…anything was possible when it comes to TV
Miraculously, Stringfield returned to ER five seasons after leaving! She returned during season eight in the episode "Never Say Never." Get it?! If Susan Lewis can return to ER, then anything is possible, I thought. From there the character was shoehorned into a love square between Abby (Maura Tierney), Carter (Noah Wyle) and Kovac (Goran Visnjic) and really didn't get much of a storyline, ultimately leaving again in season 12 without as much of a peep. Her exit was mentioned casually and the world of ER kept on going.

ER gave us…George Clooney
Listen, I'm all for throwbacks to Clooney's The Facts of Life role and other mullet-y guest star gigs, but ER launched this man and his salt and peppery Caesar haircut to fame. Without ER, the Oscar winner wouldn't be the man we know today. Sure, his big break could and probably would've happened elsewhere, but a lot of Clooney's success is tethered to the role of Dr. Doug Ross. This is something even he seems to be aware of since he returned to the show once in secret to help Margulies leave and again, alongside Margulies, during the show's final season in 2009.

ER paved the way for…Grey's Anatomy
Yes, ER didn't come up with medical drama/soap concept, but in many ways the show made it viable in the modern TV climate. You think without ER we'd have the adventures of Meredith Grey and McDreamy? Nope.

ER made me…want to be a doctor
For a season. Then I realized nope, I could never. However, I do know more about medicine and emergencies than I ever would have without this show.

ER is responsible for...the best drama on TV
Maybe not responsible, but…before ER, Julianna Margulies had a few TV guest roles under her belt. It was the medical drama that launched this Emmy winner to new heights. Margulies cut her teeth on TV drama as Carol Hathaway, she learned the ropes of being one part of a fan-favorite couple. Before Will and Alicia on The Good Wife, there was Carol and Doug on ER. Without Carol Hathaway, no Alicia Florrick.

ER made...viewers love the villain
Again, not so much a foreign concept any longer, but think about Dr. Kerry Weaver (Laura Innes). She was brash and almost instantly unlikable. She rubbed almost every single character the wrong way. As years went by, we got to know the good doctor, we got to understand what made her tick. She was different from the gruff Dr. Romano (Paul McCrane) and along with Abby, had one of the best evolutionary arcs throughout the series.

ER left its mark on TV—and viewers—in more ways than this. It'd be silly to just summarize the series as a medical drama that ran for 15 years. ER is an institution. ER is legendary.

Now check out the video at top of George, Julianna and the rest of the ER cast doing some hiariously weird things while on set...which include dancing with dummies, and passing bedpans! #neverforget

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special Empty Re: ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special

Post by melbert Sat 20 Sep 2014, 00:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  Thanks Nicky!!!

When you click on the link you provided Nicky, the video is at the top of the article.  However, it doesn't have an embed thingy, so I can't copy the video by itself.  It worked for me on the link.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special Empty Re: ER's 20th Anniversary: A Look Back at What Made It So Special

Post by theminis Sat 20 Sep 2014, 00:14

The original cast were my favourites though I did have a thing for the handsome dude whose name I forgot, he is standing next to Noah Wyle and is currently starring in Extant -

One of the best TV series I had the pleasure to watch, along with West Wing my 2nd fave
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 20 Sep 2014, 00:15

Okay what just happened?  There were photos now they are gone, Nicky was that you or am I hallucinating???
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 20 Sep 2014, 00:21

I posted the whole article with the pictures, in hopes of copying the video over, but it didn't work, so I deleted it.  hahahaha!!!  affraid
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 20 Sep 2014, 00:24

TheMinis, Goran Višnjić was also in The Peacemaker with George.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 20 Sep 2014, 09:54

melbert wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  Thanks Nicky!!!

When you click on the link you provided Nicky, the video is at the top of the article.  However, it doesn't have an embed thingy, so I can't copy the video by itself.  It worked for me on the link.

OK thanks, for some reason it doesn't show up for me. Maybe it is restricted in my country Sad  Oh well....but I love your clapping Hands alien
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:40

melbert wrote:TheMinis, Goran Višnjić was also in The Peacemaker with George.

Thanks Mel, I can never remember his name - forgot he was in the Peacemaker.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:41

melbert wrote:I posted the whole article with the pictures, in hopes of copying the video over, but it didn't work, so I deleted it.  hahahaha!!!  affraid

Well you got me good, after I posted my comment scrolled back up to look at photos and they had vanished - thought gremlins had attacked my PC again, it happens
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 20 Sep 2014, 16:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Scott Grimes talk about the anniversary and about George too:

A tour of George through the set in season 1:
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:10

The best American tv show for me. I wish there's a reunion with the original cast.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:08

Oh it was so brilliant.....
BEST EVER I think anyway !

Yahooooo
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 30 Aug 2018, 21:46

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 31 Aug 2018, 01:56

That's a great clip:  I don't know whether to jump up and down bounce  or cry  Sad .
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 31 Aug 2018, 06:32

Speaking of moving on....

It's time to move on
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 31 Aug 2018, 06:53

it's me wrote:Speaking of moving on....

It's time to move on
bounce
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 31 Aug 2018, 10:03

This big
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Aug 2018, 13:30

It's time to move on
?????????????????????????????????????????????
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 31 Aug 2018, 13:47

Change ! Yahooooo
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 31 Aug 2018, 14:45

LizzyNY wrote:

It's time to move on
?????????????????????????????????????????????
Hint:   Basketball
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down