George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort

+2
it's me
melbert
6 posters

Go down

cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort Empty Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort

Post by melbert Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:43

Thanks Hen!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hurricane Odile Slams Mexico's Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort

Hurricane Odile strengthens off Pacific Coast

A ferocious hurricane slammed an upscale Mexican resort early Monday with 125 mph winds and six months’ rain in just one hour. Hurricane Odile is the strongest storm to ever hit Mexico's southern Baja California peninsula. The Category 3 storm made a direct hit on Cabo San Lucas, a resort city popular with celebrities including George Clooney and Jennifer Aniston. Alongside the region’s gleaming megaresorts are tiny fishing villages with flimsy homes, and Mexican authorities evacuated coastal areas and readied shelters for up to 30,000 people.

Josh Morgerman, a Californian storm chaser, said his Cabo hotel "lobby exploded in heap of rubble." Writing on Twitter, Morgerman said he "escaped by crawling, scampering, running." Chelsea Ballenberger, a nurse from Alabama holidaying in the nearby city of La Paz, said she was forced to take refuge in the shower when her room flooded. "As soon as we moved to the shower the windows shattered," she wrote on Facebook. "We can hear the wind howling everywhere… Definitely the scariest thing I have ever been through." Jason T Vogt, a Canadian expat, simply described the scene as "total devastation" in a Facebook post.

Weather Channel digital meterologist Nick Wiltgen said he was monitoring "mind-boggling" reports of 11 inches of rain in just one hour — almost the region’s yearly average of 13 inches. While this measurement could be due to storm-damaged equipment, he said reports of seven inches were believable. "If past reports are anything to go by the most serious damage will be revealed when it gets light." The storm was bearing down on the 200,000 city of La Paz at 5.30 a.m. ET but is expected to weaken as it heads up the peninsula through Tuesday. "Odile will induce a moisture surge into the Southwestern U.S. as soon as Tuesday, which could result in locally heavy rain and flash flooding," The Weather Channel reported.

Last edited by LornaDoone on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 14:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add paragraph breaks)
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort Empty Re: Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort

Post by it's me Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:59

Last edited by LornaDoone on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 14:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Embedding tweet)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

cabo - Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort Empty Re: Hurricane Odile Slams Cabo San Lucas Celebrity Resort

Post by Donnamarie Mon 15 Sep 2014, 14:16

I wonder if Rande will head down there to assess the damage. I can't believe their homes were not impacted by this storm. There right on the beach. Hopefully no one was hurt down there.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 15 Sep 2014, 17:06

Hope all is well there  and no one was hurt .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 15 Sep 2014, 18:23

Oh my word that sounds grim.
Although George & Rande etc may have damage to their holiday homes, it's the damage to the the little fishing villages that's the most worrying.

Some recent information & video here.....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:19

Yeah, nobody's going to be hosting any telethons for George, Cindy, or Jennifer. But let's hope they contribute to helping the area recover.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Sep 2014, 20:43

surely i think
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down