George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

+53
Silje
Atalante
party animal - not!
globalchick
LornaDoone
Donnamarie
Cece42
cupcake
Carla97
Philippago
ldg
amaretti
doris day
RubyRedShoes
NewFanForever
Nicky80
Rach Clooney
Clooney
lamby
playfuldeb
MeganMorris
louisvillelaura
The next mrs clooney
theminis
Clouddancer
ispy
JJ2
catwoman
fava
phys major
jusquatoi2014
sparkie
Einstein
jd68
it's me
annemarie
fridadereval
Jenn
pattygirl
Alisonfan
lelacorb
Sevens
premiere
Doug Ross
melbert
blubelle
justpassinthrough
Missa
Picachu
LizzyNY
iamnoone
PigPen
Katiedot
57 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 Empty Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Philippago Wed 05 Nov 2014, 08:37

Da Way2Old4Dis Ieri a 21:32
"Okay, that's it. I'm taking the grave marker from this dead horse's resting place so nobody can find it to beat the fuck out of its corpse ever again."

Congratulations on style, perhaps Katiedot deems appropriate to this thread
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 9 Empty Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Philippago Wed 05 Nov 2014, 08:48

LornaDoone wrote:Ok when someone says George and Amal were caught frowning in the back seat of a car so I predict they will get divorced it is opinion.

And it's opinion based not on common sense but on wishful thinking.  And frankly, comments like that are so absurd I have difficulty not making fun of them.

Amal wears a dress that not everyone likes.  Ok we can express our opinions, I like it, I don't like it and I can live with that.

When someone comments - Amal is wearing a new dress and she's trying to be Jackie O and she's trying to be a diva and she thinks she's better than everyone else, then it's opinion with qualifiers that are out to make her some evil person who's only goal is to make someone else feel small.

So yes, there are qualifiers.  Hate speak being sold as "only opinion" is disengenuous.
LornaDoone only a blind man would not be able to perceive similarities between this pair and a famous and powerful couple of the 60s. It reminds you of something a husband, politician who has come to occupy the chair more important, a great womanizer who was married to a woman, a wife cultured, intelligent, stylistically perfect, and able to do a good impression on any occasion?
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 05 Nov 2014, 13:20

The comparison between JFK/ Jackie and George/Amal is so contrived and surface it is laughable.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippago Wed 05 Nov 2014, 16:04

fava wrote:The comparison between JFK/ Jackie and George/Amal is so contrived and surface it is laughable.
of course with the proper and necessary differences, Clooney is simply an actor who is preparing his descent into politics, but it is clear the model to which he is inspiring, and success is not guaranteed, it may be only a disastrous flop, and he may give up all hope of entering politics.
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 05 Nov 2014, 16:40

For the umpty-gazillionth time, his chances for a successful political career in the US are practically non-existent outside the state of California. I don't think he'd want to give up the life he has now for the mind-numbing, aggravating life of a state-level politician in the hopes that it might lead to bigger things. Besides, it would mean he'd have to live here full time. Why buy a house in England if you're going to live in the US? He can do a lot more, with a lot less grief, if he continues the work he's been doing. 

And for those on the other side of the pond: you just don't get it. Amal is NOT an asset to any political career he might want in the US - if he wanted one.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 05 Nov 2014, 17:52

LizzyNY wrote:For the umpty-gazillionth time, his chances for a successful political career in the US are practically non-existent outside the state of California. I don't think he'd want to give up the life he has now for the mind-numbing, aggravating life of a state-level politician in the hopes that it might lead to bigger things. Besides, it would mean he'd have to live here full time. Why buy a house in England if you're going to live in the US? He can do a lot more, with a lot less grief, if he continues the work he's been doing. 

And for those on the other side of the pond: you just don't get it. Amal is NOT an asset to any political career he might want in the US - if he wanted one.

All true Lizzy.  I am not sure non-Americans realize how puritanical many Americans are about their politicians.  There is also a lot of anti-Muslim sentiment out there--and Amal would be painted as one because of her background even if she is not.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 05 Nov 2014, 17:55

I'll second your thoughts LizzyNY. George knows how good he's got it now. He couldn't stand having to suck up to the powers that be or to compromise his values to get ahead. He learned a lot when his Dad ran for office. It's beyond me why anyone would go into American politics. Our political system is a mess and nothing of consequence gets done. George only has to look at what happened to Obama (a friend of his) to see how even the best intentions fall by the wayside when you get caught up machinations of Washington politics.

George can do more and get more satisfaction advocating for his humanitarian efforts and making films that speak to his interests.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 05 Nov 2014, 18:03

You know, I probably would have agreed his Nibbs would rather have a root canal without anesthesia by a dentist with a hangover than run for public office, but for Angelina Jolie's recent statement that she would be open to politics.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 05 Nov 2014, 18:43

PigPen - He may be thinking about it and there may even be people around him encouraging him, but you and I and the rest of America know that his chances of political success are slim-to-none.
 Since Angelina's issues tend to be more women-centric she might have a better chance than he would with his liberal politics. She's got a strange past though, and that might come back to bite her. Knowing our political system, it probably would.

I agree with Donnamarie. I don't know why anyone would go into American politics.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Wed 05 Nov 2014, 19:13

I'm wondering if George isn't aiming more as an ambassador of sorts to Sudan which he's been involved with deeply for some time now.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 05 Nov 2014, 19:21

Ambassadors are even more constrained in their responses and actions than elected politicians. And George would have to give up his ownership and participation in the SSP; it would be a conflict of interest, as only a start. That's just two of a long list of reasons I don't see that happening, or even think he'd want it.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 05 Nov 2014, 19:27

iamnoone, I think if George is aiming at anything beyond his career in film it is to expand his humanitarian efforts. Maybe he and Amal have thought about doing something together. Being an Ambassador is an interesting idea. I do think he would be great at that kind of role. But I don't think if it would satisfy him as much as his film work does. I think eventually he will primarily work on directing and producing film projects. I could even see him having an executive role on some film or writers board in Hollywood. Being head of the screen actors guild or something like that.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Wed 05 Nov 2014, 19:46

exactly donnamarie-  some kind of humanitarian role but with the ability to influence things more, with a bit more power to influence policy on both sides of the fence.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 05 Nov 2014, 20:51

I agree with Way2Old. Accepting any official role would seriously impact the career he's spent his life building - scheduling and choice of material come to mind - not to mention political repercussions and constraints. He would hardly be free to speak his mind or openly support causes if he had a government position.

It would also have consequences to his humanitarian efforts. As way2Old said, there would be conflicts of interest to deal with. I think that's one reason he gave up being UN Ambassador for Peace. He didn't like what they were doing in Sudan.

I think if he assesses his situation honestly he'll find his greatest opportunity to have an impact will come from staying a free agent.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 05 Nov 2014, 22:17

blubelle wrote:Katiedot I think you just proved my point.  The list of qualifiers to make a statement acceptable is often based on who made that statement and subject to interpretation by all who read it.  Opinion is just that, nothing more, ...IMO. 
Well yeah, I'm a little nonplussed by this statement. Yes, of course there are qualifiers, here as everywhere else in the world.

There are people posting here (in particular, one with a mental illness who uses every outlet she can find to promote her desire for George's marriage not to be real because she (the mentally ill one) is George's soul mate and therefore no other relationship of his could be genuine) who are writing something between outright lies and heartfelt wishful thinking, dressing it up as fact and pushing down people's throats. That's way beyond sharing an opinion and going into promoting an agenda territory.

You can say what you want on here, but it has to be based on reality. If you write that you don't think George's relationship with Amal is a genuine love match, then fair enough; I've written much the same. If you write that you don't like Amal, then fair enough; I've written the same. Both of those statements are opinions and you're entitled to them; some here will agree with you and some won't.

But if you write that you don't think George's relationship with Amal is a genuine love match because it's been masterminded by aliens who are now controlling our tabloid media in order to prepare us for invasion, then you had sure as hell have some actual, real proof to back up that opinion.

I exaggerate for humorous effect, but I hope you can see where I'm going with this.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 05 Nov 2014, 22:27

Katiedot, I think the implication is more that some people (me) are allowed to "get away with" what's considered a nasty comment, whereas others are called out for theirs. Not that it's true, and it completely ignores history/tone/intent of the posts and the posters, but that's what's being implied, I'm sure.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 05 Nov 2014, 22:36

Oh ok, I didn't get that.

Sure, it could seem that way. I think often it's because the haters don't realise the intent of their posts. They think they're just stating their opinion on something without even noticing the animosity in their post.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 06 Nov 2014, 00:46

Katiedot, not to belabor the point tho I guess I am, people have written -  I don't think G and A are a genuine love match and they have been called haters.  There have been posts saying - I don't like A and ensuing comments have centered on not liking any woman he has been with because of fantasizing about a relationship with him. It just seems to me that there is a thin line between what is considered acceptable opinion and getting clobbered which IMO is often determined by who wrote it.  And Way2 I was not referring to you, I value what you say.  I will now crawl back in my clam shell and remain there indefinitely.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 06 Nov 2014, 03:18

Well yes, the mental PR only relationship orchestrated by Stan and outside forces comments will get ripped because unless you are working in Stan's office and have proof, it's just opinion,

The constant espousing of that opinion as being based in fact is tedious at best.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 15 Nov 2014, 18:06

blubelle wrote:Katiedot, not to belabor the point tho I guess I am, people have written -  I don't think G and A are a genuine love match and they have been called haters.  There have been posts saying - I don't like A and ensuing comments have centered on not liking any woman he has been with because of fantasizing about a relationship with him.
It's ok (and there's really no need to crawl back into your clam shell!) I don't think they're a genuine love match either.

I think the issue here is that you're mixing two different types of posters together: the ones (like you and me and quite a few others) who don't see this relationship as a genuine one for various reasons, and the few posters who I'll summarise as the haters because that's pretty much what they are: they crawl out of the gutter with every woman George dates. A well-reasoned post about why you think the relationship isn't genuine is fine (I've posted several since the whole Amal/George thing went public) but a rant-filled, hate-riddled opinion piece isn't. As you said, it's not just what's being written but the reason behind why something's being written. D'you see where I'm coming from?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 15 Nov 2014, 19:17

Katie, can you summarise, in maybe a couple of sentences, the reasons why you don't believe the relationship between Amal & George
is a genuine one please ?

I'm just curious that's all.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 15 Nov 2014, 20:12

Jo - I can't speak for Katie, but for me it's just a gut feeling that something's off in this relationship. Don't ask me what, because I can't put a name to it. Do I think they care for each other? Most of the time, yes. But even then it doesn't feel "right".
 Maybe it's that he's been acting so out of character from the George we've seen for so long. You could say that this is George truly in love for the first time - but I don't buy it. Sorry.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Sat 15 Nov 2014, 21:11

Everything happend so fast they meet date in a short time of period , they get engaged than marriage , and l'm still in the state wtf scratch . Now is it genuine l don't know , but l hope so because l want to see George happy .  Yep l'm in the group of people that think there is something off about this whole thing Question . As LIzzy said this seems so out of character of George .  I dunno  Maybe too much of casamigos has  affected  him lol  .Drink 2 Drink 3
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 15 Nov 2014, 22:36

I never believed from the beginning that this was a genuine love relationship. I still think this has something to do with Stacey, her getting married and having a baby, and then all of a sudden the big engagement news and the big flashy wedding.  I don't pretend to know George but I think if this was real love he wouldn't have wanted to have all the publicity and fanfare, he seems more low keyed, but by putting this all out there to say, hey I can get married too!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 15 Nov 2014, 22:37

I don't feel it either. It is a gut thing so it can't really be explained.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 16 Nov 2014, 00:02

Okay, so I don't buy that George was "smitten" from the beginning (George is a good actor, but not that good), and I certainly don't see where she played anything close to "hard-to-get" (vacationing within a couple of months and married in a year is quite the opposite). And except for the issue-related compatibilities, I don't see that they have all that much in common. Of course, I say this not knowing either of them.

But the thing that I come back to again and again is that the women that George is apparently most fond of in his life -- I mean the real, true, long-term friends -- are all smart, relatively unassuming, accomplished, not all that glamorous, and in his age group. I don't think George sees younger women for anything more than their beauty and youth. Amal happens to have both, plus the gravitas of intellect and education. So I think he is very much taken with her, to the point of infatuation, but that she was a very deliberate choice.

There are a lot of people who believe that "true love" is an active decision, not something that depends on chemistry.

That George got married while in the throes of infatuation, rather than getting to know her better and longer (for whatever reason), may not make a difference in the long run. Because as we all know, George is loyal as a dog, makes good on his commitments, and hates to look foolish. So if it's not true love now, it will be soon enough -- unless Amal proves herself unworthy of the decision.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 16 Nov 2014, 00:38

Has George ever been loyal to his women? None of them seem to have lasted long. But I agree, he hates to look foolish. So he will try to make it work. In my opinion it depends on how demanding she and her family are going to be.  If she is willing to let George have his way, they way he is used to, it might work.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Nov 2014, 00:45

Way2Old - I was with you up to the last paragraph. It makes me sad to think he (or anyone) would stay in a marriage for the reasons you stated - loyalty, commitment, not wanting to look foolish - if the love isn't there. No matter how long you're together, you can't talk yourself into loving someone if you don't.

I'm sure there are many marriages like this. They can be comfortable and convenient, I guess, but there could be so much more if love was part of the equation. - Just MHO.

Silje - I agree that whether this marriage lasts will depend a lot on how willing she is to let George live his life the way he wants to. I don't think either of them has yet realized what effect their marriage will have on their lives and how much they will have to compromise. I think he's been bending over backwards to please her, but once things get back to "normal" that's going to have to  change. He'll have other things claiming his time and attention.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 16 Nov 2014, 00:47

I think George is a serial monogamist. The problem is that any particular episode in the series is over for him before it is for the women.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 16 Nov 2014, 02:41

I don't agree with most of what has been written here today. I'm one of those who does believe George married for the right reasons. There are many people who marry within a year of knowing each other. I don't disagree that he had probably gone out of his way to please Amal but did so because he wanted to. There is no pressure for him to get married. George has lived the life he has wanted to live. He has said as much. I sure as hell don't believe that Stacey played any part in his decision to get serious with someone. Stacey played such a small role in his life and I really never believed he was "in love" with her. But I sure could be wrong. Just as you guys feel there is something not right with this marriage. But none of us know for sure.

When it is said that the success of this marriage will depend on how willing Amal is to let George live his life the way he wants to well this is the case in every marriage. They will have big challenges to respect each other's professional lives and the problem of the physical distance that will be an issue. Compromise is an issue in every marriage. Their marriage may very well fail because of some of these obstacles. They will have to work extra hard at it but I don't think that has anything to do with them being truly in love with each at this moment. Or that George did fall completely in love with her a year ago. I do think he fell in love with her intellect as well as her exotic beauty. Why is that so hard to believe?

Anyway I've gone on way too long. One thing is for sure. George didn't behave the way WE expected him to in the past year. And maybe that's part of the problem here.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 03:45

I agree that getting married under a year of knowing each other doesn't matter, my husband and I were married after ten months of when we first met (no need to count on your fingers, our first son was born 22 months later LOL) we were young but we had a wonderful marriage until he passed away a few years ago.(Sorry way off topic).  I do believe like so many this is not a match made in heaven, but George will keep it together for fear of looking foolish.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 16 Nov 2014, 03:51

Seems like a lot of energy to expend for someone who he's not "truly in love with" as so many seem to think.

Maybe its more infatuation at this point, but that doesn't mean it can't grow to love.  And maybe, since George has been so out of character in his actions this last year, she just is the gal who he truly fell for and for whom he will change his past ways.

Seems he's already doing that so bottom line, I just hope that they're both happy.  Isn't that the best you can wish for anyone?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 16 Nov 2014, 04:02

If he gets divorced, he rushed into it and should have known better; if he stays married, he's just too loyal and stubborn to walk away.  Is there really no universe in which he met a woman he really dug, married her, and enjoys the rest of his life with her?  I think Lainey had the best interpretation of the "Amal looks cranky in the back of the car" pics: she looks like a woman who has had ENOUGH of her mother/family. Smile

As far as politics goes, I don't think there's any chance he gives up the globetrotting millionaire lifestyle to spend the year in Sacramento.  The choice between "ride through the Alps on a motorcycle" and "discuss trash removal services in an unairconditioned conference room" is an easy one for anybody. Because Angelina's work is centered on refugees and sexual violence against women and children in conflict, my sense is that she was referring to being open to a more official diplomatic role rather than running for an office.  She's not involved in much that would cause a conflict of interest that I know of.  George, on the other hand, would have to walk away from the Sentinel project and probably the Not on Our Watch campaign.  Can't see it happening.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 16 Nov 2014, 04:12

For the record, I don't believe George is acting out of character. I think we are seeing the real George, only in a situation that's unfamiliar. It's what commitment from George Clooney looks like, when it's directed at the woman he loves.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Sat 22 Nov 2014, 09:24

I think George wanted a woman who would impress his "humanitarian" friends and who had the education that he would like to have but doesn't. And I agree with the poster up thread about Stacey. If Stacey hadn't turned around and got married and pregnant so fast I don't think George would have married Amal.

Today I went into a department store and bought some makeup. And the woman behind the counter was a very classy quite beautiful older lady of about 60. I asked her where she was from. She said Lebanon. I asked her what she thought of George's new wife. I expected her to say something hugely positive because she herself was Lebanese. Her answer was interesting. She said I don't like her - she's a show off and there's something off about her. Many people feel the same way you need only look at the social media.

I think George thought that the public would love Amal and that she would be good for his public image. He was wrong. She lacks likeability. Many people just don't like her. And that's a problem for him.

I note that they have retreated from the public eye since the Halloween debacle when they were made fun of in the US on tv. Amal's pap walks where she was phoning the paparazzi to tell them when she was crossing the street in London seem to have stopped, George seems to have told her not to do anymore public lawyering work and they are avoiding high profile celebrity restaurants where they KNOW they will be photographed (like the Ivy in London or Nobu). I think George realised he went too far with the famewhoring and he's cut back.

The Awards shows are around the corner. I think that they will be a wake up call for Amal. She is not a part of that world which is shallow, insincere and fake to the extreme. A world where plastic surgery is the norm for women and where youth and beauty are all that is prized about a woman. And where success in showbusiness is the ONLY kind of success that matters. 

Amal will be on the red carpet with some beautiful women (Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie) and I suspect that will make her feel inadequate by comparison. Also I'll never forget an interview Laura Bailey gave after her breakup with Richard Gere. Laura was a very intelligent girl - her father was a professor I believe - and she spoke about how inadequate she felt hanging out with Richard Gere's older showbiz friends. The next few months will be a real test for Amal. And it won't be pretty for her if she overhears some cutting remarks about her looks at those awards shows. Good luck. She'll need it.

I can't see this marriage lasting - their worlds are too different. I can see things deteriorating very fast. But I believe they will be publicly together at least for 3 years because anything less would be embarrassing for him after the hooplah he created. I also suspect that the prenup would have a huge balloon payment if she agrees not to separate from him for 3 years. Maybe $10 million cash if she doesn't separate before 3 years? That will keep her at his beck and hall and doing what he wants her to do for his public image until then. She could never earn that much and she will be set for life financially.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Nov 2014, 12:17

Hit the nail on the head, Lorna and Missa. Couldn't have put it better myself.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 22 Nov 2014, 13:35

Global,

Pro tip: most people consider it exceedingly rude to ask a complete stranger of a different race/ethnicity where they're from, as though they couldn't possibly be from where they're standing. My guess is that the fact that the saleswoman's salary is based on commission is the only thing that kept from telling her where you could shove your
questions.

Also, good work on expecting one person from a certain background to be representative of the entire population. Next time, compliment her on how well she speaks English; they LOVE that.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 22 Nov 2014, 14:00

Globalchick, interesting post. One thing I'd disagree with is that Amal will feel inadequate on the red carpet. I think she is extremely confident which can be a very attractive trait. I think she'll do just fine.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Sat 22 Nov 2014, 16:13

Missa wrote:Global,

Pro tip: most people consider it exceedingly rude to ask a complete stranger of a different race/ethnicity where they're from, as though they couldn't possibly be from where they're standing. My guess is that the fact that the saleswoman's salary is based on commission is the only thing that kept from telling her where you could shove your
questions.

Also, good work on expecting one person from a certain background to be representative of the entire population. Next time, compliment her on how well she speaks English; they LOVE that.
Wrong darling. In the country I live in cosmetic counter assistants are on a flat hourly rate. And actually she wanted to keep on chatting for half an hour - I had to make excuses to get away. But she was lovely. Very classy lady. And clearly saw RIGHT THROUGH Amal. She was not impressed with her showoffy ways one little bit. Which is EXACTLY the opinion many people on social media have of her. Claims to be a human rights lawyer but "flashing" a $700,000 diamond ring. And wearing skirts that barely cover her knickers when climbing into boats in front of paparazzi. Those 2 actions alone show exactly what Amal is all about. George will have his work cut out for him. Thank god he's toned down the famewhoring and is keeping her away from the cameras after George's Halloween nightmare where he and Amal became the laughing stock of American tv. 

As for Amal's legal career it doesn't seem to be going all that well. The Elgin marbles are still in Britain. And Assange has just lost his appeal. I think it's becoming clear that it won't be as easy as she thought or George thought, for her to ride the Clooney name to international law glory. What did George expect? That Amal's 4 day royal tour of Greece would result in the British government saying to Greece: "Hey. Have the marbles back"?

I think the negative publicity on Halloween and the Amal backlash caught George by surprise. But Amal will be shoved into the spotlight again at the upcoming Awards ceremonies. She will be wearing a statement dress - maybe by Stella McCartney by the looks of things. It will be interesting to see what she comes up with, and also to see whether Amal has lost even more weight. She will need to bring her A game because she will be compared to seasoned A list actresses like Charlize and Angelina. 

I know a few posters here think she will be"confident" on the red carpet. I don't think she will be - she came over rather desperate at the wedding. Events like the Oscars/Golden Globes are intimidating. And Amal is not very photogenic - its' very easy to get a bad photo of her and pictures of her will feature next to pictures of Angelina/Charlize etc in the women's mags. She knows that very well. Only a supermodel like Gisele Bundchen would be "confident" at a high pressure event like that. Even seasoned showbiz veterans get nervous. We'll see what happens. She will be under a lot of pressure.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Nov 2014, 16:38

Er, a couple of queries:

Did this person know Amal personally? Or was this what could be described as a random view from someone who happened to come from Lebanon?

It might be a good idea to take a look at the International Bar Association website before having a considered opinion on Amal's work achievements/ethics, or possibly consult on or two of her professors. All her cases are ongoing and she has been employed for her knowledge and abilities. 

And speaking personally, I wouldn't really know where to start if I'd been commissioned by the UN to look into drone use by the US and its effect on the population. Would you?  (see Ben Emmerson QC)

Red carpet? I think she will do exactly what she did in Florence, and be there as George's wife and not get involved in the interviews, just as other 'civiliian' spouses do. We will find out 'who' she is wearing, but not in interviews. I don't think she'll be phased. She will have all of George's support and protection. They're man and wife.

Oh, and by the way, I wouldn't really consider the River Cafe as being a low profile restaurant in London by any stretch of the imagination

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 22 Nov 2014, 16:39

I wish global chicken would tell us where to
buy the definitive Crystal Ball she's using. scratch
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 22 Nov 2014, 17:24

We are all sharing our opinions here and mine is that every comment made by globalchick is full of crap! Absolute crap! I'm being delicate witth my language.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 22 Nov 2014, 19:09

Donnamarie....I admire your obvious restraint !
Coolio

(But I still want one of those Crystal Balls)
bounce
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 22 Nov 2014, 21:54

Michael Ratner's name popped up and not hers in the Assange case. A bit weird. 

It's not that difficult to write some papers and reports ya know. So what achievements ? Analysing the past work of tribunals ? You can fill libraries with that. Boring stuff ! 

She has to win a decent case if not, she'll be a drag to G.C. She'll be known as the lawyer who can't win a high profile case. And now she's catwalking to promote dresses and jewels following sugar daddy around the place, holding hands and saying nothing. Laughing I mean really ! Even Chelsea Clinton has more to say. Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 23 Nov 2014, 00:38

It's not that difficult to write some papers and reports ya know. So what achievements ? Analysing the past work of tribunals ? You can fill libraries with that. Boring stuff ! 

Yeah, and this is exactly why so many of us are published in academic journals, or have our work used as textbooks, or cited as references in complicated cases. Easy peasy. And what a lame accomplishment, having your writings in a library. Pfft.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Sun 23 Nov 2014, 02:25

Atalante wrote:Michael Ratner's name popped up and not hers in the Assange case. A bit weird. 

She has to win a decent case if not, she'll be a drag to G.C. She'll be known as the lawyer who can't win a high profile case. And now she's catwalking to promote dresses and jewels following sugar daddy around the place, holding hands and saying nothing. Laughing I mean really ! Even Chelsea Clinton has more to say.
That's right. Amal's sure enjoying the credit card George has given her and spending his money. She seems to only wear haute couture now. No more "jumpsuits" for her.

The sad thing is none of these people (Anna Wintour/Stella McCartney) would even give Amal the time of day if she wasn't with George. And when George and Amal divorce she will soon find that her new found "friends" don't want to know her. The sad thing is that I don't think Amal realises that. She actually thinks she is important and she's not. Amal has no humility but grand ideas about herself. Women can see that that's why she attracts negative comments. I didn't see Celine in haute couture when she was with George all the time. George has created a monster.

And yes she's keeping her mouth shut at the moment and staying out of sight thank god. George realises they went too far with the publicity seeking and has ordered her to keep a low profile no doubt. I bet she misses the cameras but we'll all be able to have a chuckle when she hits the award shows. I'm sure she's dieting hard to fit into a size zero designer dress. And spending all her time hobnobbing with fashion designers and planning her evening gowns for the red carpet.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 02:42

That damn Dewey Decimal system is a real pain too.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 23 Nov 2014, 03:00

globalchick- I really give you credit for saying it like it is, to be on this forum and to be one of the few that isn't an Amal lover and give your opinion and have everyone come down on you with some of the nastiest remarks, good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 03:16

Celine wasn't in haute couture cause George was still starting out.  There's a difference between making a couple of million a year as a TV actor and being a producer / director / writer and being worth over $100 million dollars.

And chick I too give you credit for that imagination of yours.  Fascinating.

All of George's gals have garnered negative comments.  SSDD.  I'm not so pleased about some of her clients.  But I'd rather he be with a smart lawyer, than an ass/crotch baring actress whose woo hoo you can see all over the internet.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 04:08

All of these incredibly nasty comments about Amal and any other woman who has been with George and was subjected to the same kind of disgusting talk is really uncalled for. Even if I disliked someone as much as some of you do Amal I would never get on a public forum and say the disgusting and false statements as have been said here. Who the hell do you guys think you are? Self righteous to begin with. You talk trash and disguise it like you somehow know Amal because you look at all the pictures of her and you can figure out what she is really thinking, her motives, her personality. You don't know squat. Neither do the people who anonymously and cowardly comment on the media sites some of you read and agree with the trash they talk.

I've asked this question before and have not gotten an answer. Why are you a fan of Clooney's? At the very least in your eyes he is a fame lady of negotiable affection. Your words. You don't respect the guy so why the hell are you here on this site? You don't say anything constructive. It is hateful talk. If you are happy in your life why would you spew such venom about another person who you don't know and obviously not a fan of? Why would you care about what he or she does in their life. Look at yourself before you criticize someone else so vehemently!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next