George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread

+14
Nicky80
Mazy
Joanna
theminis
party animal - not!
Katiedot
Donnamarie
melbert
Doug Ross
Silje
PigPen
annemarie
Sevens
LizzyNY
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread Empty Re: Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 10 Sep 2014, 17:55

If I'm not mistaken, Hail, Caesar! shoots mostly in LA, and is supposed to start principal photography in January or February 2015. If Our Brand... shoots October to January in Louisiana, George may be close to home for a while.

And I would be willing to bet that Money Monster will shoot in NYC. Either that, or a reasonably NYC-ish city in a state that has good film tax incentives (Chicago IL, Atlanta GA, maybe?). The budget is "only" $30M, and it has George starring and Jodie Foster directing. Somebody's gonna want to guarantee as much of their money as they can.

So we may have George on the homeland for a good bit.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread Empty Re: Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread

Post by Sevens Wed 10 Sep 2014, 18:26

Way2Old4Dis, thanks for the info. I've noticed that on George's IMDb page, "Money Monster" and "Hail Caesar" just got reversed officially. That should mean the former may start shooting in the year, earlier than the latter? There must be a reason for the change. I believe George has no role or just a small part in Our Brand, besides Judie refused to direct Hannibal series. George may first shoot Money Monster.
Dont know why the shooting for Hail Caesar got delayed. Maybe the huge cast cause many schedule conflicts as Channing and Ralph have to do all the awards season promotions?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 10 Sep 2014, 19:07

Sevens wrote:Way2Old4Dis, thanks for the info. I've noticed that on George's IMDb page, "Money Monster" and "Hail Caesar" just got reversed officially. That should mean the former may start shooting in the year, earlier than the latter? There must be a reason for the change. I believe George has no role or just a small part in Our Brand, besides Judie refused to direct Hannibal series. George may first shoot Money Monster.
Dont know why the shooting for Hail Caesar got delayed. Maybe the huge cast cause many schedule conflicts as Channing and Ralph have to do all the awards season promotions?

Hmmm... I hadn't checked imdb, and didn't know about the scheduling change. It would make sense for it to be due to conflicting actor availabilities. But so many other things come up, who knows?

Maybe George and Grant will do on Our Brand... what they did for Argo and August: Osage County, which is have one or both of them on set at the beginning, and then leave the production to their trusted director. That is, if George doesn't take one of the primary roles. But they have Sandra Bullock on set as the star every day, and she's the exec producer. So that will be interesting.

In any case, he's got plenty of reasons to stay close to home base. And when do promotions for Tomorrowland start?

I'll have to check out imdb...

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 10 Sep 2014, 19:23

Doesn't look like Foster is tied to anything except Monster right now, so I'm assuming the change is to accommodate Caesar. George is the common denominator, and I'd assume they knew his schedule going in.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 10 Sep 2014, 20:38

Way2Old- Didn't I see somewhere that Our Brand starts filming in New Orleans @ Sept. 24th? Could be wrong.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 10 Sep 2014, 21:12

LizzyNY wrote:Way2Old- Didn't I see somewhere that Our Brand starts filming in New Orleans @ Sept. 24th? Could be wrong.

I thought it said the 29th, which would fit the timeline of a wedding on the weekend of the 26th, a 3-day honeymoon, and then " back to work for me."

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 10 Sep 2014, 23:56

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Sevens wrote:Way2Old4Dis, thanks for the info. I've noticed that on George's IMDb page, "Money Monster" and "Hail Caesar" just got reversed officially. That should mean the former may start shooting in the year, earlier than the latter? There must be a reason for the change. I believe George has no role or just a small part in Our Brand, besides Judie refused to direct Hannibal series. George may first shoot Money Monster.

Hmmm... I hadn't checked imdb, and didn't know about the scheduling change. It would make sense for it to be due to conflicting actor availabilities. But so many other things come up, who knows?

Maybe George and Grant will do on Our Brand... what they did for Argo and August: Osage County, which is have one or both of them on set at the beginning, and then leave the production to their trusted director. That is, if George doesn't take one of the primary roles. But they have Sandra Bullock on set as the star every day, and she's the exec producer. So that will be interesting.

In any case, he's got plenty of reasons to stay close to home base. And when do promotions for Tomorrowland start?

I'll have to check out imdb...
I believe Disney has every reason to push the "newly wed" George to make his first public appearance at NYCC next month, promoting the first footage from the movie. And Amal has to be there with him too. NYCC needs big stars, just like last year's VIFF. Angelina also attended the D23 last year. After all, he is the biggest star of a blockbuster worth 200+ million dollars!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 11 Sep 2014, 19:16

Actually, I hope that after the hoopla of the engagement and wedding,  George just goes back to work and lies low for a while. I think he's in danger of becoming a 'star' more than an actor, and he has some good roles coming up. He already gets accused of just playing versions of himself. I think more publicity on his personal life does him little good right now.

'Tomorrowland' doesn't get released until May. I don't think 'Monuments Men' will get nominated for much -- maybe a few tech and craft awards. (I think any hope that anybody was holding on to for dark horse actor, director, or picture awards will be dashed by the movie 'Boyhood' coming in as a sleeper.) Anyway, I'm saying he should sit 2015 out, except to promote his movie in April and May. Then come back like gangbusters with his terrific projects in the next two years.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 11 Sep 2014, 19:27

Money Monster and Hail Caesar are almost certainly 2015 fall/holiday releases, though, aren't they? I was thinking that between the three films, we'd have George saturation from April through December.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 11 Sep 2014, 20:45

Missa wrote:Money Monster and Hail Caesar are almost certainly 2015 fall/holiday releases, though, aren't they? I was thinking that between the three films, we'd have George saturation from April through December.

Probably. I don't think either of them have official release dates, but I doubt they'll be anything but prime awards time releases. And we don't know the competing slates, so dates could change to keep the focus and box office up.

Still, I don't think we should hear all that much from him (except for the obligatory promotions) until February 2016 or so, start of awards season.

Yes, I can wait that long. I haven't been crazy about a lot of this recent stretch. If I had pics of George working, I could do without the personal stuff for a long time.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread Empty Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread

Post by Missa Thu 11 Sep 2014, 20:52

I think you're going to be disappointed. At least one, if not both of those films will play at Venice and/or Toronto, will fall/holiday general releases; George is going to promoting the heck out of them. He used to sell his personal life when he was dating cocktail waitresses and wrestlers. If you think we're going 18 months and three movies without hearing about the missus, I don't see that happening.

And just imagine if they were welcoming a little Amalooney right around this time next year, just in time for the awards push... Wink
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:04

moved conversation to a separate thread. I like reading your posts as I'm always lost what is next and when  it is going to happen. maybe this thread can help us to be on track  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:30

Amalooney , please no nick names baby clooney woud be fine lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:51

I forgot but when is Hack attack to start filming? Or was it not mentioned yet in the other thread? Is it this year or next?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 11 Sep 2014, 22:02

Way2Old - With all the pre-release publicity for Tomorrowland you can bet your butt they're going to promote the hell out of it in time for the opening and  George is bound to be dragged into it. So first half of 2015 he'll be doing press for that.

If the others are ready for release for awards contention, he'll be doing press for them, too. Hope he can keep his head straight about which movie he's promoting when Very Happy  - between press junkets and filming he won't have time to sit down. That's one part of his life I don't envy at all. Wonder if he'll drag wifey along?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 11 Sep 2014, 22:12

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Actually, I hope that after the hoopla of the engagement and wedding,  George just goes back to work and lies low for a while. I think he's in danger of becoming a 'star' more than an actor, and he has some good roles coming up. He already gets accused of just playing versions of himself. I think more publicity on his personal life does him little good right now.

'Tomorrowland' doesn't get released until May. I don't think 'Monuments Men' will get nominated for much -- maybe a few tech and craft awards. (I think any hope that anybody was holding on to for dark horse actor, director, or picture awards will be dashed by the movie 'Boyhood' coming in as a sleeper.) Anyway, I'm saying he should sit 2015 out, except to promote his movie in April and May. Then come back like gangbusters with his terrific projects in the next two years.
Agree Way 2.  MM wasn't his best effort (MO).  Some of his others as well ( Oceans 12 etc).  IMO he definitely was becoming a star  known more for his girlfriends than his acting.  Just the on screen jokes alone was proof of that.  Hopefully after the wedding photos become old news, and everyone goes back to work,  things will get back to normal (whatever that may be or become).

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 00:03

Nicky80 wrote:I forgot but when is Hack attack to start filming? Or was it not mentioned yet in the other thread? Is it this year or next?

I don't think 'Hack Attack' even has a script yet. Could be wrong. Last I saw, it was "in development," so nothing is firm except that they have the movie rights and George is directing. I would think it's pretty far down the pipeline. Again, could be, and probably am, wrong.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 00:05

Oh, yeah. I was hoping he'd move on the Smothers Brothers project. I'm looking forward to that one -- depending on who they get to write it. Do we know that yet?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 00:50

Ooh I forgot about the Smothers Brothers one. That could be really great.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 00:59

He's got so much coming up it's hard to keep track.

Way2Old - do you subscribe to ImbdPro? I noticed that they have more info there than on the regular site and wondered if it was worth subscribing.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 04:39

I've had it and cancelled it a couple of times. If you need contact info, or want to know things like who has what coming up, it's convenient. But after the novelty wears off, the use falls off, I've found. And there are ways to get the same information for free.

But it's a pretty good deal if you spend a lot of time on entertainment stuff.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 12 Sep 2014, 08:12

I just checked George's Imdb. Our Brand Is Crisis is now finally on his official board. But he is listed as producer and he is remowed as an actor. When the film was on the planned project's board George was listed as an actor and Sandra as actress (rumoured). But once the film hit the official board the actors are Sandy and Scoot McNairy. 

So if he is producing and not acting he might not be in a rush to make it to New Orleans?
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 12 Sep 2014, 08:28

Then I really believe George will be shooting Money Monster in the year. as he doesnt have acting part in Brand.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 12 Sep 2014, 11:24

What is the Smothers Brothers project?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:05

George and Grant have the movie rights to adapt the book Dangerously Funny: The Uncensored Story of the Smothers Brothers. They got them three or four years ago, I think, but I don't know how far they've gotten on it (script, cast, director, etc). I'd bet this would be one that George would want to direct, though. The Smothers Brothers were funny and very political, and their TV show was a target of Republicans and network honchos.

Would be a really good movie if done right.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:24

Oh, it seems interesting. Thanks

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:25

Way2Old - I think the Smothers Brothers movie could be great, but a lot would depend on the casting. I can't think of anyone who could play them, can you?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:34

How about Sam Rockwell as Not-Tommy? (Can't remember the other brother's name right now)
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:42

LizzyNY wrote:Way2Old - I think the Smothers Brothers movie could be great, but a lot would depend on the casting. I can't think of anyone who could play them, can you?

If they go the sales numbers/who's bankable route, I'd say Chris Pratt and James McAvoy.

Who could also pull it off well? Giovanni Ribisi, Neil Patrick Harris, (a comedian whose name I can't remember right now, but you'd recognize him), off the top of my head.

This will be interesting casting, for sure.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:45

Way2Old - Neil Patrick Harris would be genius casting!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:48

Chris Pratt would be great for the goofy side of Tommy Smothers, not sure about the more dramatic side. Neil Patrick Harris would be really interesting.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:49

Missa wrote:How about Sam Rockwell as Not-Tommy? (Can't remember the other brother's name right now)

They are Tommy and Dicky Smothers
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 12 Sep 2014, 14:10

I didn't know about this project. Would the Smothers movie be based on a book? Original screenplay? Is it supposed to be a story about their Tv show or their professional lives in general?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Sep 2014, 20:46

Don't forget that earlier this year Monster of Florence was supposedly being shot this autumn (ie now) in Italy. Not sure how that's going to work with his supposed New Orleans filming commitments.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:13

I don't think Monster of Florence is fully financed yet, and/or the script isn't ready. At least, that's what I've heard.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:14

Donnamarie wrote:I didn't know about this project.  Would the Smothers movie be based on a book?  Original screenplay?   Is it supposed to be a story about their Tv show or their professional lives in general?  

The answers are in the early part of the thread.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:16

If he and Grant are only producing "Crisis" he doesn't have to be in New Orleans at all - Grant can handle it while George does "Monster" in Italy.
I tend to think his filming schedule has been revised in the last month or so and nothing is when we thought it was except for "Crisis" and "Tomorrowland".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:20

So many films adapted from books!  We could have our own George-themed book club!
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:23

Hack Attack's pretty amazing........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:24

I just started Monster, that's pretty good so far.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:27

Lizzy, you might be right. But Money Monster and Our Brand is Crisis both have financing and final scripts. If they're ready to roll, there won't be any sitting around while other things fall into place. The Coen Brothers tend to move rapidly once they've announced, so I'd move that onto the 'coming up' list, too, even though it looks like it's been pushed.

What to do, what to do? Good problems to have...

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:32

I'm just glad he's working again! I wish he'd just get married and get on with his life - especially movie-making.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 22:22

Yep. And let's not forget about the deal with Sony for TV/other platforms. Busy boy. Yippee!!

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 13 Sep 2014, 08:48

Oh I forgot about that one already, the deal with Sony for the TV. Thanks for bringing that up again. This deal was to produce TV series right? Or am I lost?

I think he used his "year off" nicely by making all those new deals. I can't wait until he starts......and I really hope he shoots some scenes in Berlin Barbelsberg too (let me hope please  Give Flowers).
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 13 Sep 2014, 13:26

So obviously George is not planning to retire any time soon, yippee.  Im happy as long as he's directing/producing/acting, a busy George is a good thing, more photo opportunities for us. 

Hack Attack would be interesting
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 14 Sep 2014, 04:14

Katiedot wrote:Don't forget that earlier this year Monster of Florence was supposedly being shot this autumn (ie now) in Italy.  Not sure how that's going to work with his supposed New Orleans filming commitments.
Seems like this one will never get started, I think it could be good.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 14 Sep 2014, 04:34

Anybody who isn't considering some kind of stake in television/cable/streaming content now is not seeing or thinking clearly. And it's a vastly more efficient creative model.

George and Grant are smart guys. Content is king. I hope they find and/or create some good stuff.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 15 Sep 2014, 21:58

Not sure where to post this but just read Variety is reporting George will receive the Cecil B. deMille award at the Jan. 11 Golden Globes. Congrats to our guy! Where does he put all these trophies?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 15 Sep 2014, 22:16

Donnamarie wrote:Not sure where to post this but just read Variety is reporting George will receive the Cecil B. deMille award at the Jan. 11 Golden Globes.  Congrats to our guy!  Where does he put all these trophies?  

I vaguely remember him commenting about his "trophies" once and saying they're 
out of sight in a special room. 
I'd like to think that they'd be locked away in a bank vault somewhere,
for obvious reasons !

Thanks Donnamarie....There's a thread now about his forthcoming Award at the 
Golden Globes next year.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about George future movie projects - General thread Empty IMDB has these listed as projects in development

Post by Mazy Wed 28 Jan 2015, 20:16

IMDB has these listed as projects in development
Projects In Development 
The Monster of Florence
The Studio
Untitled George Clooney Project
Coronado High
Dangerously Funny
Enron
Est
Hack Attack
Hamdan v. Rumsfeld
Pioneer
The $700 Billion Man
The Innocent Man
The Yankee Commandante

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next