George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS

+11
Pita428
premiere
lelacorb
Joanna
PigPen
phys major
Atalante
LizzyNY
Alisonfan
party animal - not!
Nicky80
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 26 Jul 2014, 16:57

To be clear, I wouldn't deny anyone a fair trial. My point is that there needs to be a different type of fair trial for some people, in which the accused has to prove they didn't commit the crime, rather than the prosecution being required to prove they did.

And, I think some type of trial gives the world a front seat to the kinds of things that are happening.

In a country where most of the citizens own nothing except the clothes on their backs, and the ruling government owns and controls the guns and ammunition and bombs, and gives orders to the military or 'guardsmen, and are the only ones with so much as a shovel to dig graves, and there are confirmable eye witnesses to the atrocities, "innocent until proven guilty" is just ridiculous to me.

And using money that has been stolen from the very people whose lives have been ruined to pay for a high-priced defense attorney? No. There is nothing right or defensible about that.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin and her client Gaddafi spy-chief Abdulla Senussi and her LIBYAN CLIENTS

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Jul 2014, 19:34

way2old4dis...your explanation sounds better then mine  Laughing 

That's exactly what I don't get. Why a trial where prosecutors have to prove some once guilt when the whole world could see what happened....Imagine a trial were a dictator would go free due to not enough evidence of his guilt.....   Shocked 

And I agree there is nothing right about, that their use money what has been stolen from people to defend themselves with the best lawyers........

But I guess it will never change.....

It is so easy to be a bad guy in today's world....And there are always a majority of people who say "innocent until proven guilty" and everybody needs to have the same chance of a fair trial...and that's what those dictators use for their own benefit.

I understand why people think a trial gives a better view what really happened and who was really involved.... even though I think it is mostly useful for the history books. 

I hope one day in the future we can see the benefits of those trials....Or maybe there are already there and I don't see them
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Jul 2014, 22:36

Nicky - One benefit of the trials that came after WWII is that everyone accepted that there should be trials. Now it is accepted that even the leader of a country can be tried for crimes against humanity and genocide.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 26 Jul 2014, 23:09

Alisonfan wrote:For anyone interested, please read this article from the BBC it's a couple of years old, I have posted about this before ultimately it is all of us who pay the Lawyers at the ICC.  

Lawyers there earn huge sums all tax free.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Basically 900 million dollars and just one conviction (as of 2012)

There is NOTHING "human rights" about some of these international lawyers.

Now it appears, their hefty over generous pay checks AA?(funding) comes from the poorest of the poor, who have suffered so much, yet carry on.

Surely George cannot be so in love to find this palatable.
They say love is blind, but deaf and dumb, wake up George.  Never liked her from the beginning, thought she was coy and cunning.  I wonder what his family and friends REALLY think about her.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sun 27 Jul 2014, 04:02

Way2Old4Dis wrote:To be clear, I wouldn't deny anyone a fair trial. My point is that there needs to be a different type of fair trial for some people, in which the accused has to prove they didn't commit the crime, rather than the prosecution being required to prove they did.

And, I think some type of trial gives the world a front seat to the kinds of things that are happening.

In a country where most of the citizens own nothing except the clothes on their backs, and the ruling government owns and controls the guns and ammunition and bombs, and gives orders to the military or 'guardsmen, and are the only ones with so much as a shovel to dig graves, and there are confirmable eye witnesses to the atrocities, "innocent until proven guilty" is just ridiculous to me.

And using money that has been stolen from the very people whose lives have been ruined to pay for a high-priced defense attorney? No. There is nothing right or defensible about that.
More to the point is the fact, that most of these 'people' (and I use that term through gritted teeth) never accept nor recognise any court be it in their own country or another to be accountable. They have such a warped and twisted view of right and might, that they themselves then cry foul when they are on the other end of the justice that they have so easily denied their own people. If they really believe what they did/done was right then stand up and own it. But they don't, and why....because they are cowards who then hide behind cowards who will lie and deceive right along with you, because how dare anyone then deny them their rights. IMO if they refuse to recognise any court then they automatically should Go To Jail to hell with their rights.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2