George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding'

+7
catwoman
Missa
annemarie
Joanna
The next mrs clooney
lelacorb
Nicky80
11 posters

Go down

George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' Empty George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding'

Post by Nicky80 Mon 16 Jun 2014, 08:26

OK I must confess I'm confused that the aunt says those things. I would think everyone stays quite about the location. Or maybe she is making fun of it???

George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding'

GEORGE Clooney and his lawyer fiancee Amal Alamuddin will not marry in romantic Italy in September – but will tie the knot near his roots in the American Midwest.

The actor’s aunt, Starla Clooney, said yesterday that he wanted a “traditional wedding” in Maysville, Kentucky, near his family.
She said the star, 53, wanted to marry in “Clooney town” and had been scouting venues in the city – which has a population of 9,000.
Starla said: “Last weekend George arrived for the annual family reunion and scouted round. It’s not a big cathedral but very pretty.
“That’s my gut feeling – that George will do it there. That’s what family are saying. Celebrations may be out on a farm with marquees.”

George’s parents were originally from Maysville and he grew up in nearby Cincinnati, Ohio. His aunt, singer and actress Rosemary Clooney, is buried Maysville, where her home has become a museum.
It was thought George and London-based human rights lawyer Amal, 36, would marry in Italy in September, exactly a year after they met there.

But they cancelled nuptials on his Lake Como estate as it was not private enough.
They have been spotted in Venice in recent weeks and were thought to have settled on a palace there.
But Starla says Europe would be difficult for the actor’s relatives to reach “except for a few Hollywood cousins”.

Oscar-winner George is said to have proposed to UN adviser Amal on one knee after making her a meal. He helped design the seven-carat diamond engagement ring.
George, who has spent six years as a part-time UN peace messenger, has met Beirut-born Amal’s family. Her mother Baria is an editor at an Arabic newspaper and her father Ramzi is a retired travel agency owner.

George is thought to be preparing to run for Governor of California, with the Democrats believing he could follow in Ronald Reagan’s footsteps and become president.

Starla said: “Being married will make him look more serious.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' Empty Re: George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding'

Post by lelacorb Mon 16 Jun 2014, 08:49

in my humble opinion, this interview is completely invented
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding' Empty Re: George Clooney heads back to his roots for 'hometown wedding'

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 16 Jun 2014, 09:10

Wouldn't Amal have been there too if he was looking at locations for the wedding?  The aunt says its her gut feeling which seems to indicate that she doesn't actually know.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:24

The next mrs clooney wrote:Wouldn't Amal have been there too if he was looking at locations for the wedding?  The aunt says its her gut feeling which seems to indicate that she doesn't actually know.

Hi lady.... Are you going to change your name after the nuptials ?

Or will you still live in hope ? Lol

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast".  flower 
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:29

Maybe she's an "eccentric aunt".....every family should have one....they're usually good fun to be around.
 flower 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 16 Jun 2014, 12:02

Joanna wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote:Wouldn't Amal have been there too if he was looking at locations for the wedding?  The aunt says its her gut feeling which seems to indicate that she doesn't actually know.

Hi lady.... Are you going to change your name after the nuptials ?

Or will you still live in hope ? Lol

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast".  flower 
If the marriage doesn't last there's still hope for me to be the next mrs clooney LOL.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jun 2014, 12:09

If it's her gut feeling it's her guess nothing more.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 16 Jun 2014, 18:36

I think the last part about Europe being too far for most of the family is Aunt Starla's way of encouraging George to have the wedding at home/finagling an invitation. Smile
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Mon 16 Jun 2014, 21:53

it will be so much speculation ... I'm the only one who think George will not marry?
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jun 2014, 21:59

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 16 Jun 2014, 22:02

If it were me, I'd say, "Finish your bike trip so we can elope. Them we can just have a nice party for everyone when we get back." No fuss.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 16 Jun 2014, 22:40

Maybe they will have 2 weddings .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 17 Jun 2014, 00:27

There is another interview by this aunt that she wants to do the ceremony???
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 17 Jun 2014, 01:08

Aunt Starla needs to stop talking to the press.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down