George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Books about George EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Books about George EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Books about George EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Books about George EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Books about George EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Books about George EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Books about George EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Books about George EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Books about George EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Books about George

+2
ladydi
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

Books about George Empty Books about George

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 Apr 2011, 18:22

It is a truth univerally acknowledged that where there a man with a great deal of fans, there is money to be made. Or something like that, anyway.

For some reason not all of these publications have shot to the top of the best seller lists, despite heaps of fans being fascinated by the man.

Here's a list of some Clooney books that I've found on the net. Maybe other posters would like to add theirs to the list, and even offer a review?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney: the last great movie star [Book] by Kimberly Potts - Applause Theatre & Cinema Books (2007) - Paperback - 259 pages - ISBN 155783721X

The official blurb: He's famous for being named People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive, his penchant for practical jokes, and his vow never to remarry, as well as his Oscar-winning and Emmy-nominated acting career. But George Clooney's reputation as "the mayor of every movie set he's on" belies his essential seriousness, as a businessman and in his ascendancy to the Hollywood A-list. In George Clooney: The Last Great Movie Star, Kimberly Potts traces the star's life from the small-town boy to big-screen star. After spending a decade languishing in failed TV series, he slowly and deliberately built a resume that took him from TV stardom on ER to a winning film career as a serious actor, writer, producer and director. Along the way are his early attempts to break out into film (including his Batman movie flop),his many well-publicized romances, his political and humanitarian efforts, and his shrewdly developed formula for choosing smart blockbuster movie projects that he uses to finance his more personal passion projects, such as Syriana and good night, and good luck., finding success with both

George Clooney: The Illustrated Biography [Book] - By Shana Cushman - Carlton (2008) - Paperback - 160 pages - ISBN 1847321453

The official blurb: The story of George Clooney, from baseball wannabe in Kentucky to one of Hollywood's highly rated leading men.

George Clooney: a biography [Book] by Jeff Hudson in Books

By Jeff Hudson - Virgin (2003) - Hardback - 250 pages - ISBN 185227994X

The official blurb: George Clooney: A Biography reveals the full story behind one of Hollywood's biggest stars. It details his upbringing in a showbiz family (his father, Nick Clooney, was a local TV and radio personality, his aunt was singing star Rosemary Clooney), his years of work on unsuccessful pilots for TV shows and his rise to fame as Dr Doug Ross in ER. He became one of the first major cast members to leave the show, launching his film career somewhat shakily with The Peacemaker and the critically-panned Batman and Robin. He then reasserted his Hollywood credentials with Out of Sight, Three Kings, O Brother Where Art Thou and Ocean's Eleven The book brings his story right up to date with the making of his much anticipated directorial debut, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. With Clooney, what you see is what you get: a straight down-the-line, hardworking actor, who counts as his friends many people he has worked with. This book gets to the heart of the man: his family life, his romantic attachments with such women as model and MTV presenter Lisa Snowden, and his work. It's the first complete biography of one of the most popular figures in the movie world.

The biography of George Clooney [Book] by Andy Dougan - Boxtree (1997) - Paperback - 184 pages - ISBN 0752211463

The official blurb: A biography of the actor known for his work on the television series ER and his various movie roles, including his recent starring role in the movie Batman and Robin

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Books about George Empty Re: Books about George

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 Apr 2011, 18:27

George Clooney and the Crisis in Darfur [Book] by By Tamra B. Orr - ROSEN PUB GROUP (2008) - Hardback - 112 pages - ISBN 1404217630

The official blurb: Describes actor George Clooney's humanitarian efforts to document and draw attention to the ongoing conflict in the Darfur region of Sudan, Clooney's journey toward activism, the extent of the crisis, and how people can help

George Clooney: an illustrated story [Book] by David Bassom - Hamlyn (1999) - Paperback - 80 pages - ISBN 0600592715

The official blurb: These picture-packed [ie: the 'author' couldn't be bothered to research much and write anything - katiedot] books look at the personal lives and careers of some of the biggest names in film and rock music today. Each large-format book presents a full biography of its subject along with 80 behind-the-scenes color photos, many previously unpublished. All in a collectible series design, these are a must for fans.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi Tue 05 Apr 2011, 19:04

I read the Last Great Movie Star when I first became interested in George. It's a good biography. Nice photos.

I also read the Crisis in Darfur. It 's geared towards elementary school children and reminded me of the Scholastic books we used to order through school. Not a great bio of George as most of the info was quotes from other sources.

BTW: Both these books were available at my library. Just saying in case anyone wants to "check them out" before buying.

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Tue 05 Apr 2011, 19:05

six books ?

only six ?

I don't believe it ! sexiest man alive (two times) and A!-list actor and millions MILLIONS fans - ok - only women - but then only six books ?

Katiedot ! you have to work a little bit more or you have to write the 'ultimative' book about him
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 05 Apr 2011, 21:36

There's also....

George: The Unofficial Biography of George Clooney [Paperback]
Dan Whitehead
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 05 Apr 2011, 21:38

George Clooney
Bob Mccabe (Author)
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 05 Apr 2011, 21:41

George Clooney: A biography (People profiles)
Merrell Noden

Last edited by Merlin on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 21:45; edited 1 time in total
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 05 Apr 2011, 21:42

Bedside Manners: George Clooney and E R by George Clooney and Sam Keenleyside
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 05 Apr 2011, 21:47

I have all of the above except the Sudan one...they're all pretty similar IMO...my favourite is The Illustrated Biography for the pictures...
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 06 Apr 2011, 04:41

I was given the Jeff Hudson one some years ago. It's not a bad read until you realise the 90% of it is cobbled together from interviews George had done in the late 90s with a bit of filler linking it all together.

It's good on the early days and George's family.

@Vi: I'm waiting for George to write his autobiography, although is what we hear about his drinking and partying is true, you've got to wonder how much of it he'll be able to remember. Or be willing to share in public!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 06 Apr 2011, 13:52

I have Shana Cushman for Christmas last year, very good with some lovely pictures. Loving batman! Gives a nice insight to his early days.
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 06 Apr 2011, 14:31

I've none due to believing there will be nothing new that I haven't already read or seen.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down