George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention

+9
theminis
Butterfly
Picachu
party animal - not!
Missa
lelacorb
sparkie
Nicky80
Katiedot
13 posters

Go down

Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention Empty Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 May 2014, 11:55

So, just in case anyone had any doubts that George Clooney secretly loves the fuss and attention from the papparazzi, he says he doesn't:

Any suggestion, however, that, if they stopped shooting, he might miss the paparazzi is instantly rejected. "Are you kidding?" he says, "I feel like I can breathe when the cameras don't go off. It's a high price to pay when you're a public figure. I deal with it, but I'm even happier when it's quiet and I don't have to look over my shoulder the whole time."

Taken from his interview in GQ Australia (link to see the whole article HERE)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention Empty Re: Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 13:06

I guess the quite moment are gone now for a while.....I'm sure maybe he feels that the media attention at the moment are more crazy then ever. Good that he found a way to deal with it.....Poor thing  Hug1
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention Empty Re: Geoge Clooney talks about the paparazzi: says he dislikes the attention

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 May 2014, 13:21

Well, I still have my doubts that he's being entirely honest in his reply. Over the years we've seen way too many staged paparazzi shots for me to believe he's really that unhappy being photographed.

The dinner in Venice for example: was it really necessary for them to sit next to the window overlooking the street? You don't think the restaurant management couldn't have rustled up another table further from the windows and facing away from any intrusive photographers?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 13:29

Yes good point. I was a bit irritated about the Venice pictures too. They are just so good close up. He could have sit more inside. And nobody knew really he was in Venice. I think they got tipped off and it was "maybe" staged. 

But maybe this is his way of dealing with it. Instead that the paps catch him by surprise he does those staged pics to control the event and timing. He knows how to hide and how to feed the press and when. Maybe this is what he meant when he said " I deal with it"....Not that he enjoys it (sure a bit) but maybe this is a kind of protection for him....Wonder if he knows that it is sometimes too obvious ...
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Thu 29 May 2014, 13:54

Totally agree with you Katiedot, there are a lot of high profile celebrities who manage to go about their lives and are rarely photographed eating, holidaying, walking across the road, coming out of a hotel( her first), in a private bar owned by a friend (cameras even private ones are not allowed in many) to the extent that George has been.

George has been in the business long enough to know how the PR machine works, and for that matter so does Amal ie;

1. Arrival at Heathrow,,, obligatory phone at her ear.
2. Coming out of hairdressers perfectly dressed after the the jeans outfit (threw the smart sophisticated image, right out the door then)
3, Walking down a main street in London not another soul but guess what one of those pesky paps just happened to be there.

It is so blatant and has been for years and then he comes out with this crap, as much as I like our G he really is starting to sound like he is treating the general public like fools if he thinks the people really do believe what he said and like I have said on more than one occasion ramming it down our throats to the point where you almost want to gag.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 29 May 2014, 15:33

A George does not like the attention of the paparazzi? I'm not at all sure! By recent events, I believe that he loves the attention of the paparazzi more than any other ex gf which have always been accused here of calling the paparazzi but the only one who has knowledge of paps in the world is he and he alone, you have you ever thought about it? ..... he alone bicycle in the woods, alone with him an ass .......!!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 30 May 2014, 01:37

Katiedot wrote:Well, I still have my doubts that he's being entirely honest in his reply.  Over the years we've seen way too many staged paparazzi shots for me to believe he's really that unhappy being photographed.  

The dinner in Venice for example: was it really necessary for them to sit next to the window overlooking the street?  You don't think the restaurant management couldn't have rustled up another table further from the windows and facing away from any intrusive photographers?

It wouldn't even have been THAT complicated. They literally could have just switched seats with Gio and Mystery Guest #2, and been completely out of the line of sight through the window. He did something similar with Stacy when they were in Como, where they were out to eat with a whole group of people, and he and Stacy were parked directly in front of the only window near the table. He talks a good game, but I don't buy it.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 30 May 2014, 01:47

Mm, that was Navedano, outside Como. But that restaurant has other windows too rather than just one so anyone else in the party could have been seen at other windows.

Da Ivo's other entrance is on the bridge road around the corner - it's not exactly huge!

Still wonder if it's a distraction from more important things they were doing in the area.........the restaurant pix are from several days ago - catch us if you can!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 30 May 2014, 02:18

The size of Da Ivo's doesn't really come into play here - again, they could have just switched seats with the people they were dining with, and been out of sight.

I also don't understand why they would need to stage a photo op to distract us from other activities. As far as anyone knew, they were still holed up in London. It wasn't until they decided to have their pictures taken at dinner that we realized they weren't. Seems odd to say, "Hey, look at us, we're on the move - but don't follow us after today!", doesn't it?
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 30 May 2014, 05:26

I must be the only one who didn't even think this was staged, why not sit next to the open window, I would
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Fri 30 May 2014, 05:44

I believe he meant what he said, because freedom is very important for everyone, and celebrities simply do not have it.

Actually, I noticed I started to feel differently about George and Amal lately...I feel sorry for them because they have no privacy and every single person out there (myself included) is commenting on their lives. This is why I am not posting that much lately. I feel they have the right to privacy and freedom even though they are celebrities, because this is basic human right.

Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 30 May 2014, 07:28

Look if he dislikes the attention, then damn it he should stop being so damn good looking!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 30 May 2014, 10:25

LOL!  agree  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 30 May 2014, 15:26

I think he loves the attention and courts it. When he doesn't want to be found, he goes underground better than anyone. No one gets a photo. When he wants attention--- window seat, if you please.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 30 May 2014, 15:37

Oh I think he knows exactly how to divert us..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:29

He is his best PR, all he has to do is show up, and we are all smitten.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:47

I don't think the pictures are stage if there were no other seats then yes they sat next to the window. I believe he doesn't like the intrusion in his life who would . He should be allowed to enjoy his time with Amal in peace where ever that may be. I  also think that is why he disappears from  view to have his private time,  he can't hide forever he needs to get out and enjoy life. Unfortunately we live in a world where cell phones and people are willing to call the press when they see a celeb.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 04 Jun 2014, 15:25

Um....call me weird and thick but I don't understand something here.

1. No pictures of George out & about and COH folk get all edgy and unhappy because they don't know where he is, what he's doing and miss seeing current pictures.

2. Some pictures of George & Amal sitting at a dining table in a restaurant in Venice, COH folk get all edgy and irritated because he's allowed pictures to be taken and calling him a liar because of something he's allegedly said in an interview.

3. Some pictures of George & Grant outside of a restaurant in LA admiring a lovely white Lamborgini,
COH folk get all happy and attentive and interested in the fit of his jeans and the contents of his hold all.

I don't get it in all honesty. Why are some pictures acceptable and others not ?

Pictures of George are pictures of George. Period.
IMO obviously.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 04 Jun 2014, 15:32

I thought it was pretty simple to understand. George Clooney says he dislikes the paparazzi. That's all well and good, but then he can't turn round and phone up the paparazzi to come and take his picture while pretending he doesn't like it. And that's what some people think sometimes/often happens.

We're always happy to see new pictures of George, regardless.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 04 Jun 2014, 15:54

I for one don't believe he should have to hide from the press he deserves to be left alone like anyone else. There are restaurants in L.A where the press can be found but also I have heard that people can call the paps and make money off the call. He made the reservations in Italy under an assumed name so I think he thought well no one knows who I am I can sit where I like no problem .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 04 Jun 2014, 17:39

Lets chalk it up to PMS... his not ours!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 05 Jun 2014, 18:35

Paparazzi Mendacious Syndrome?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 05 Jun 2014, 19:06

In fairness, it's not that he "allegedly" said he doesn't like the paparazzi in this one interview.  He said it pretty clearly, and makes a point of saying it in a roundabout "No one wants to hear me complain about how awful the paparazzi are" backdoor way in just about every print interview I've ever read.  For a long time in the mid-nineties, he was known as the anti-paparazzi guy.  All of which would be fine, if it didn't seem like he frequently sets up photo ops by calling them himself.  I couldn't tell you a single restaurant that Matt Damon frequents; I could probably list ten of George's favorites.  There's a reason for that, and it's not because Matt's agoraphobic.

The pics with the car, the "George and Grant take a walk after lunch" pics, those seem candid, and while it probably stinks for him, those are are par for the course and the flip side of the Italian villa and basketball with the president.  The ones that make me uncomfortable are those that turn up on random people's Instagrams and Twitters, where he clearly doesn't know he's being photographed, and went out of his way to sit in the back of the restaurant or with his back to the other diners to avoid drawing attention.  Those do make me feel bad for him.

Last edited by Missa on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 19:10; edited 2 times in total
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 05 Jun 2014, 22:02

George is a great director not only of films but most of her life, we see only what he wants us to see and use the camera as paparazzi to show us what he wants us to see. If he felt hounded by the paparazzi do not believe that could change the restaurants that attended and that we all now know and are restaurants where the paparazzi are lurking? Los Angeles has thousands of great restaurants in Como there are great restaurants on every corner but he always goes to those frequented by paparazzi. When the paparazzi find it is because he wants to be found.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down