George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project Empty George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project

Post by chiki Thu 22 May 2014, 07:54

George Clooney Announces Expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project

May 21, 2014

During a speech yesterday, May 20, at the Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity dinner, George Clooney announced a significant expansion of the Satellite Sentinel Project, an initiative he co-founded three years ago. While it will continue to use satellite imagery to monitor and warn against human rights abuses in war-torn Sudan and South Sudan, the Satellite Sentinel Project will expand its focus to undertake forensic investigations to reveal how those committing mass atrocities are funding their activities and where they are hiding their stolen assets.

Satellite Sentinel Project Co-Founder George Clooney said, “We want to follow the money and find out how these atrocities are funded, who enables them, and what the smart tools are to counter these activities more effectively. Genocide and other human rights crimes are never just spontaneous events. They require planning, they require financing, and they require international indifference to succeed.  Where is the money coming from and where is it being hidden? To the extent we can, we want to make it more difficult for those willing to kill en masse to secure their political and economic objectives, and we want to move the needle away from indifference and inaction.”

Satellite Sentinel Project Co-Founder John Prendergast said, “We’ll investigate exactly how the illegal exploitation of resources like diamonds, gold and ivory help finance the activities of some of the world’s worst abusers of human rights. And we’ll focus on imposing a cost on those that contribute to or facilitate the perpetration of these human rights crimes. The objective is a comprehensive approach to countering atrocities that involves satellite imagery, forensic investigations, on-the-ground research, and deeper investment in impacting the calculations of policy makers and commercial actors who might possess the leverage to help stop these human rights crimes.”

The Satellite Sentinel Project is a partnership between the Enough Project and Not On Our Watch. Satellite imagery and analysis is provided by DigitalGlobe. The geographic area of focus will encompass Sudan, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Central African Republic, and the surrounding region.

For more information on the Satellite Sentinel Project, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] For interviews with John Prendergast, Satellite Sentinel Project Co-Founder, please contact Christina DiPasquale at 202.716.1953 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project Empty Re: George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project

Post by Nicky80 Thu 22 May 2014, 08:43

Thanks Chiki that was posted already in the charity dinner thread but you are right I think it is good to have that as an separate thread here.   Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project Empty Re: George Clooney announces expansion of Satellite Sentinel Project

Post by chiki Thu 22 May 2014, 08:50

oh, sorry, I only read the 2nd page.....too many pending threads, so little time.  facepalm

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 22 May 2014, 08:53

Don't worry, I was thinking yesterday it should have it's own thread as it is important and about his project. It was a good idea Chiki  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 22 May 2014, 23:20

Nicky80 wrote:Don't worry, I was thinking yesterday it should have it's own thread as it is important and about his project. It was a good idea Chiki  Thumbs up!

I almost put it here too, it should be in both places. On twitter it is trending like mad, I felt so proud of him I could have cried. Can you imagine how those close to him must feel. God bless, love you.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down