George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal back in London - arrival at the airport

+22
jd68
Mazy
Rose
Cece42
isogotit
LornaDoone
Joanna
party animal - not!
fluffy
bellybaby
Nicky80
Alisonfan
bgarabedian
justpassinthrough
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
Sevens
Missa
lelacorb
Maggy
annemarie
Picachu
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal back in London - arrival at the airport

Post by lelacorb Wed 14 May 2014, 20:55

I think this forum is attended by the majority of people who live in small towns where fashion does not arrive, Amal and 'dressed casual and fashionable, wearing shoes are present, they can like it or not, but at 36 years old and his physical well being.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal back in London - arrival at the airport

Post by LornaDoone Wed 14 May 2014, 21:47

There are days when I wish some posters would show us a full length body picture of themselves.

I don't comment on people's looks unless it's in the positive cause I've yet to see ANYONE who is perfect.

The expectations here are amazing to me.  But yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but when it gets petty and catty and focuses on a person's looks as the rules state, it's just a reflection of the person posting.  

I'm sure there are some on here who have a deluded sense of their own beauty to be so harsh about someone else's look.

Fashion you can change but to comment about their body, face etc. (I'm not talking bad hair days or makeup that is not suited to them) I'm talking about how people will comment on their looks - then I just consider the source - and if their posts have been nothing but negative from the get go I feel pity for them, cause you've got to have a LOT of self hate to be so hateful about someone else's looks.

Actions are one thing - that's something you can really change.  But someone's god given looks?  Who are we to judge?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 14 May 2014, 21:49

lelacorb wrote:I think this forum is attended by the majority of people who live in small towns where fashion does not arrive, Amal and 'dressed casual and fashionable, wearing shoes are present, they can like it or not, but at 36 years old and his physical well being.

I tend to agree with you that fashion is more forward in larger cities. Especially cosmopolitan ones like London, New York, etc.

But you lost me at the end.

What does the physical well being part mean?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 14 May 2014, 21:52

LornaDoone wrote:There are days when I wish some posters would show us a full length body picture of themselves.

I don't comment on people's looks unless it's in the positive cause I've yet to see ANYONE who is perfect.

The expectations here are amazing to me.  But yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but when it gets petty and catty and focuses on a person's looks as the rules state, it's just a reflection of the person posting.  

I'm sure there are some on here who have a deluded sense of their own beauty to be so harsh about someone else's look.

Fashion you can change but to comment about their body, face etc. (I'm not talking bad hair days or makeup that is not suited to them) I'm talking about how people will comment on their looks - then I just consider the source - and if their posts have been nothing but negative from the get go I feel pity for them, cause you've got to have a LOT of self hate to be so hateful about someone else's looks.

Actions are one thing - that's something you can really change.  But someone's god given looks?  Who are we to judge?

May be I donìt understand? Do you speak with me?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 14 May 2014, 22:00

LOL I think Lorna speaks to everyone  This big  Lorna was pointing out about the comments which were negative about Amal's look made by some posters. Not related to your personal comment.....That's what I understood  Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 14 May 2014, 22:01

lela - Do I speak with you? No. I was speaking about different posters.

My comment to you was that I didn't understand the last part of your comment above. About the physical well being. Could you explain that?

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Wed 14 May 2014, 22:22

uhuh ... I live in one of the richest cities in the world. I know fashion and know what is appropriate for a lady of 36 years. AA and tacky.
The question is not badmouth but speak the truth. Why must we be hypocrites? why we have to please AA if she does not even know we exist? Stay calm, GC does not attend this Forum, he has said he prefers to do a prostate exam than attend social networks and see what people talk about it Laughing . So we can be honest and speak freely about the shortcomings of AA, after all, she is dating a famous man she knows who was going to be subject to criticism.

Rose
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 14 May 2014, 22:43

Her style is her's as long as she doesn't convince our George to match it, let her be happy with what she wears. I like his style just the way it is. We all have our own ideas of what we like, I come from NY but didn't like any of the designs Lorna showed except the red outfit on the next to last lady. I know BORING but that's my style.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 14 May 2014, 22:49

LornaDoone wrote:lela - Do I speak with you?  No.  I was speaking about different posters.

My comment to you was that I didn't understand the last part of your comment above.  About the physical well being.  Could you explain that?  

I wanted to say that Amal has a nice body and can afford to dress so and doing well!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 14 May 2014, 22:54

I don't like the jeans on her or anybody for that matter I think they are simply horrid. Style is different for each person. We all have different tastes and should wear what we like and makes us happy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 14 May 2014, 22:55

Angie30 wrote:uhuh ... I live in one of the richest cities in the world. I know fashion and know what is appropriate for a lady of 36 years. AA and tacky.
The question is not badmouth but speak the truth. Why must we be hypocrites? why we have to please AA if she does not even know we exist? Stay calm, GC does not attend this Forum, he has said he prefers to do a prostate exam than attend social networks and see what people talk about it Laughing . So we can be honest and speak freely about the shortcomings of AA, after all, she is dating a famous man she knows who was going to be subject to criticism.

Hey but we are in 2014, 36 are few and then when you saw George dress like a gentleman? When it's on the red carpet for the rest of his life wearing jeans, tshirt and boots even when the temperature reaches 30 degrees, I'll see a woman dressed as an old lady next to him? I do not!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 15 May 2014, 03:56

Angie30 wrote:This woman amazes me every day on your personal taste bad. She is totally ridiculous! If GC does not hire a personal style for her, she will be a laughing stock. Rolled up pants can be cool on the catwalk, but in everyday life is bizarre.
Torn pants are for teens not for a woman of 36 years and even then it's inelegant. She wants to dress like a little girl, she is totally clueless. The shoe it is ugly and masculine. She is too thin, have your body straight as a man.
She has a way of lesbian, maybe she and GC are sharing a closet so she accepted the contract fake relationship.
If GC were even straight, he never would relate to a woman so bizarre as well.

I think where I have issue is that you start calling her a lesbian and the harsh comments about her body.  That smacks of catty nastiness to me.

I need to add something.  Was on my kindle and it's damn difficult to type on that thing.

I guess I wonder what you think a lesbian looks like?  They come in all shapes and sizes and your comment was definitely meant to be derogatory.

For there are mannish looking lesbians (by their choice) and there are feminine looking lesbians, also by their choice.  

So frankly, as your comment was certainly meant to be a put down of Amal it merely showed us all the extent your own bigotry.

You may live in one of the most fashion forward cities, but if you are representative of the attitudes and mores of that city it certainly wouldn't be one that I would want to visit.

And no, I'm not a lesbian nor am I gay.  I am however a more enlightened person than you since I don't judge people by their sexual orientation or any of the other myriad of things that people use to try to put other people down.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Thu 15 May 2014, 09:40

If I was flying from LA to London I would have a comfy outfit on too! That's a long flight. The comments on her clothes are ridiculous. Let her be.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 May 2014, 10:16

Yep

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 15 May 2014, 22:01

Not all people are fashionistas. I, for one, am the absolute worse person at coordinating outfits and looking stylish. After my divorce, I used to borrow my friend's husband to help me dress so I would be appealing to the opposite sex! Maybe AA is not fashion savvy. But I'd bet those jeans cost an arm and a leg!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 15 May 2014, 23:48

LINK I sure don't like this case. He must pay well !  Evil or Very Mad 
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 16 May 2014, 03:30

LornaDoone wrote:
Angie30 wrote:This woman amazes me every day on your personal taste bad. She is totally ridiculous! If GC does not hire a personal style for her, she will be a laughing stock. Rolled up pants can be cool on the catwalk, but in everyday life is bizarre.
Torn pants are for teens not for a woman of 36 years and even then it's inelegant. She wants to dress like a little girl, she is totally clueless. The shoe it is ugly and masculine. She is too thin, have your body straight as a man.
She has a way of lesbian, maybe she and GC are sharing a closet so she accepted the contract fake relationship.

I think where I have issue is that you start calling her a lesbian and the harsh comments about her body.  That smacks of catty nastiness to me.

I need to add something.  Was on my kindle and it's damn difficult to type on that thing.

I guess I wonder what you think a lesbian looks like?  They come in all shapes and sizes and your comment was definitely meant to be derogatory.

For there are mannish looking lesbians (by their choice) and there are feminine looking lesbians, also by their choice.  

So frankly, as your comment was certainly meant to be a put down of Amal it merely showed us all the extent your own bigotry.

You may live in one of the most fashion forward cities, but if you are representative of the attitudes and mores of that city it certainly wouldn't be one that I would want to visit.

And no, I'm not a lesbian nor am I gay.  I am however a more enlightened person than you since I don't judge people by their sexual orientation or any of the other myriad of things that people use to try to put other people down.

Very well said Lorna...
Seeing that we are all created by God in my opinion it wouldn't matter if she was. He loves us all equally because about 80% are born to be who they are, shame society is so cruel.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 17 May 2014, 10:55

PAN I moved your post here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 19 May 2014, 21:26

Back in London part 111 or maybe IV...........http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2632992/George-Clooneys-fianc-e-Amal-Alamuddin-puts-effortlessly-stylish-display-camel-trench-coat-green-statement-necklace-London.html

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 19 May 2014, 21:32

Thanks PAN, we have a thread for it already here (fresh made  Very Happy )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This thread was for the arrival day at the airport I will adjust the thread title.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 19 May 2014, 21:37

I think we posted nearly at the same time LOL Nobody can beat us PAN hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 19 May 2014, 21:40

Teamwork!!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 19 May 2014, 21:41

Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Mon 19 May 2014, 21:53

Oh the Airport, the Airport, it will never go away. A bit like Monika.
Always pictures there to remind you.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Amal back in London - arrival at the airport - Page 2 Empty Style

Post by silly willy Tue 20 May 2014, 17:41

Amal has a sense of style, even if we don't like it. I doubt GC will hire a stylist!!

I think that's precisely why Amal is different from the others -- she knows what she's doing and what she likes, and doesn't NEED his money or people.

Most of all, she looks SO HAPPY, but she's engaged to Clooney! Of course she is!!!  Wink 

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by soriah Wed 21 May 2014, 01:21

Amal's way of dressing is personally not my style, but I think it suits her, and looks good on her, I can't criticize her way of dressing. She is on the thin side, but she is toned, and hey, I say let her enjoy being thin since it gets harder and harder to stay thin as you get older (at least for some people). If we only approved of people who mirrored our own image, then we wouldn't approve of anyone in this world and that's not right.

soriah
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 21 May 2014, 03:52

sillywilly please don't feed the troll! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2