George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank

+8
Picachu
justpassinthrough
Alisonfan
Joanna
party animal - not!
Sevens
Katiedot
Nicky80
12 posters

Go down

George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   Empty George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 08:27

Not sure if this should be merged with another thread but some pieces of this article were new to me....(found on frenchies). Wonder if they really will work together....

George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank  

George Clooney had to propose to Amal Alamuddin twice because she initially thought he was joking.

George Clooney's fiancee thought his proposal was a joke.

The 'Monuments Men' actor - who is known for his love of pranks - asked lawyer Amal Alamuddin to be his wife over dinner at his house last month, but he had to pop the question twice as she initially didn't believe he was serious.

A source said: ''George has been blown away by her passion, her brains, and sheer force of will.
''Frankly, he's been worried that someone else would snap her up if he didn't act, so he produced the ring and. much to his relief, she said yes.

''But he did have to ask her twice! Amal thought he was pranking her at first. Happy isn't a strong enough word to describe them right now.''

The couple are said to be planning an intimate wedding in Italy this summer, with just a select few guests invited to the nuptials.
A source said: ''The important people will be there, but this is private, not for public consumption, so it will be friends and family only.

''It was a long time coming, but when George commits to something he really sees it through. Amal is the one.''
The 53-year-old hunk has resigned from his United Nations (UN) role as a messenger for peace, and friends say that is because he intends to team up with Amal, a human rights lawyer, for a new project.

A source told Grazia magazine: ''He's hitching his wagon to Amal's so he wants a clean slate in every sense.
''They're not just planning to live together, they're planning to work together too. As a team they could be unbeatable.''

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   Empty Re: George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 May 2014, 08:59

Where is all this coming from? If - big if - any of what we're reading is true, someone somewhere is talking.

Good idea to have this separately as it makes it easier to find new news.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank   Empty Re: George Clooney's fiancee thought proposal was a prank

Post by Sevens Wed 07 May 2014, 09:07

George Clooney had to propose to Amal Alamuddin twice because she initially thought he was joking.
OMG...KILL ME. Just once would make us so jealous Mad Sad poisson davril
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 09:27

Yep Katie I asked myself this everyday..who is talking? 

The media talks about a source.....I don't think they make this up. It is so intense and always new information. Maybe not everything is true but some infos sound true to me. Somebody is just throwing it out there. And I think George and Amal want it this way otherwise they would have stopped it intern. They must know who that person is or maybe more than one person.....This is so weird....And reading the other articles about her family and her dad I think more people are involved from her side and his side. 

I call it propaganda LOL Razz  Razz  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 07 May 2014, 11:14

I could really believe this...........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 07 May 2014, 11:59

More reasons to look forward to his auto biography 
in later years then !
Hope he's keeping a journal for his aide memoir.

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 07 May 2014, 16:14

Amal thought proposal was a prank! She is supposed to be super smart?

George says the most important thing is a SENSE of humour?

Fail on two counts.

No sense.

No smarts.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 May 2014, 17:36

It makes no sense if you believe that this story is absolutely true in every way. To me it sounds like something made up at the water cooler of a gossip magazine office.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Wed 07 May 2014, 18:36

Katiedot wrote:It makes no sense if you believe that this story is absolutely true in every way.  To me it sounds like something made up at the water cooler of a gossip magazine office.

I agree. It was probably made up due to the fact that George likes to pull pranks.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Wed 07 May 2014, 19:33

it will probably be made up but to be honest who wouldnt think George proposing was a prank going by his history
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 07 May 2014, 21:51

''Frankly, he's been worried that someone else would snap her up if he didn't act, so he produced the ring and much to his relief, she said yes.

Don't know why he would have been so worried.  At 36 nobody had "snapped her up" yet.

And it's not like there was a line out the door!

Just sayin...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 07 May 2014, 21:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Your Barrister Boyfriend

Brought to you by the Barrister Hottie Experts.

• OFFICIAL 2013 BARRISTER HOTTIE LIST: MEN
  • WOMEN
  • REGIONS
  • ABOUT
  • [url=http://yourbarristerboyfriend.tumblr.com/Hottie of the Week]HOTW[/url]

Hottie of the Week: Amal’s Pre-Clooney Love Interest?

Are you sick of hearing about Amal yet?? Well too bad! We have some ancientexciting gossip to share.
Before George Clooney had even entered the picture for human rights hottie Amal Alamuddin, let’s just say that she wasn’t wanting for admirers. There’s one in particular, however, that we heard about from a special little bird last August. Into our inbox pinged the interesting missive with the subject line ‘Amal Alamuddin’. It read:
‘…spotted last week in Little House Mayfair staring adoringly into the eyes of another barrister…Not the first time I have seen these two…’
Our source continued:
‘Both he and Amal are already young superstars at the Bar but I did not know they knew each other until quite recently: I have seen them together quite a few times in the past few months and there is definitely chemistry there. Not sure if these two are officially an item but there is no doubt that sparks were flying…’
Intriguing! So who was the guy?? Our source informed us that it was none other than Can Yeginsu of 4 New Square.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Can (pronounced Jan), like Amal, is a wordly rising legal star with roots in another country - in this case Turkey. He grew up in London and pursued a globe-trotting academic career where he picked up a few B-list celebrity friends including Lauren Bush Lauren [sic] (he attended her wedding, apparently). We’ve featured him on this site before, but for those of you who missed it, it’s worth reiterating that Can is by far our most nominated hottie ever (we received 7 separate nominations for him – the most we’ve ever got for anyone else is 1). Perhaps he’s not your type, but there’s no denying that he’s set legions of ladies’ hearts aflutter. Let’s recap their anonymous tributes:
‘Your Daniel Cleaver, the one you would like to bring home, is Can Yeginsu at 4 New Square: brain the size of Britain’
‘Very dedicated but also with a naughty twinkle in his eye when he talks to you’
‘Super bright, utterly charming, intriguingly cosmopolitan and handsome as they come’
‘Affable, charming and fit’
‘You might well do unspeakable things to him if you met him one evening at a dinner party’
‘Yummy Yeginsu’
‘APPARENTLY (though unconfirmed) is dating Robert Patinson’s sister!’
‘He’s Turkish so has that Mediterranean passion (so I’ve heard…)’
‘Extremely charismatic’
‘Has something that is very difficult to describe but it pulls you in and pulls you in hard’
Okay, so we’ve established that Can is a charismatic, cosmopolitan sex god with a great sense of humour, but he’s also super smart as well. Just listen to Legal Weekpanting over him: ‘The Bar’s true polymaths…are relatively few and far between. Some mark Can Yeginsu out as a possible heir to that intellectual legacy.’
Now we have no idea whether Amal and Can were dating or not. But let’s just say for the sake of speculation that they WERE. Well, things could have turned out very differently for Amal if she had ended up with Can.
To prove our point, we have created this elaborate table, in which we lay out our arguments for why Yeginsu is superior to Clooney.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Barrister Hottie Experts rest their case. In fact, we might go so far as to say case CLOSED!

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 07 May 2014, 22:09; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 07 May 2014, 21:55

OMG! The table at the end comparing the two was hysterical!

Our Georgie doesn't come off as such a hot catch after all.

Thanks for find and the laughs pa-n!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 22:12

Yes I agree the end was too funny  Yahooooo  Poor George compare to her they make him look funny.  pointing
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Wed 07 May 2014, 22:29

I wonder what Amal and her family think of the cat litter tray story
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 08 May 2014, 00:26

Oh my....

When I read the story I though it could be real LOL It's George Clooney asking her to marry him, maybe she said: Really? Are you serious? And then he had to ask her again LOL
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 08 May 2014, 01:09

Didn't I read that they've both got a sense
 of humour ?

Love and Laughter....Makes the world go round ! 
Essential in a marriage IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 May 2014, 03:29

"Works for Nespresso" hahahahahaha!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 08 May 2014, 05:37

Picachu wrote:I wonder what Amal and her family think of the cat litter tray story

I want to know what they think of him taking pictures of his genitals.

BTW, George, want to borrow my phone?  Very Happy
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 08 May 2014, 19:43

Maggy wrote:
Picachu wrote:I wonder what Amal and her family think of the cat litter tray story

I want to know what they think of him taking pictures of his genitals.

BTW, George, want to borrow my phone?  Very Happy

They're probably wondering if he had to use a zoom lens. brahahahaha

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 08 May 2014, 20:07

and how many of you googled "mr. face" to see if you could find a picture?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 08 May 2014, 20:15

Some wicked ladies around at the mo !

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down