George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal

+13
Doug Ross
hathaross
annemarie
party animal - not!
playfuldeb
lelacorb
Carla97
Joanna
Nicky80
theminis
Sevens
phys major
Katiedot
17 posters

Go down

George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal Empty George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 05:59

Thanks to Les Frenchies for this one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney proposed to Amal over home-cooked meal

By Emily SmithApril 30, 2014
George Clooney proposed to beautiful human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin after cooking her a meal at his home in LA, sources tell us.

The superstar actor got down on bended knee last week after cooking a romantic dinner at his mansion in Studio City, and presented Alamuddin with a stunning 7-carat ring that he personally designed.

We’re told Clooney hopes they can marry in just a few months, even as early as the beginning of September.
One source told Page Six, “George cooked a meal himself for Amal at home on April 22, then he surprised her by getting down on bended knee and presenting her with the ring. He was so happy she accepted, he was calling friends with the news later that night.”

The night after the proposal, the couple joined friends for dinner at Craig’s restaurant in LA, where, according to reports, the lovebirds were “just beaming.”

A similar scene took place at Nobu in Malibu the following night, April 24, with friends Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford, where Alamuddin was seen happily showing off her ring.

While Clooney, 52, and Alamuddin, 36, have only been together for a short time, another source says Clooney hopes the wedding could take place at the end of this summer. Our insider explained, “It’s only four months away but they want to get married at the end of the summer, in early September, before Amal returns to work.”

Amal is a London-based barrister at Doughty Street Chambers, specializing in international law, human rights, extradition and criminal law. She is an adviser to former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, the special envoy to Syria.

Of speculation the couple could wed at Clooney’s Lake Como, Italy, estate, the second source added, “Lake Como would be a beautiful wedding location, but it may not give them any privacy. It is very easy for the public and paparazzi to see into the property.”

Clooney’s rep has refused to comment on the engagement and nuptials, saying, “I do not comment on his personal life.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal Empty Re: George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal

Post by phys major Thu 01 May 2014, 06:45

There is Stanley not commenting again Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad why Stanley why????  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal Empty Re: George Clooney proposed over a home-cooked meal

Post by phys major Thu 01 May 2014, 06:47

Please don't anyone answer for Stanley Laughing Laughing  I already know why Twisted Evil 
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 06:50

Nice!Waiting to see how they share the summer preparing for the wedding.

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 01 May 2014, 07:00

So we know 2 things,
A) George can cook, and
B) Maybe it wasn't so good being that they went out for dinner to Craigs the same night

Im only joking of course. I know he can bbq a hamburger and that would do for me, if dessert was a proposal.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 07:22

Maybe he made them lunch?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 01 May 2014, 07:41

Maybe lunch, followed by afternoon proposal and dinner at Craigs to celebrate, sounds good to me
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 01 May 2014, 07:44

Ok in the article they mentioned they want to marry before she gets back to work so maybe she took a year off that would explain her the time in LA.

September, that was written somewhere before......That's really fast. WOW but I think this is the only summer they can do it as George has no work to do and next year he does the promotion for tomorrowland so I'm sure he wants to get it done this year and than hide after the wedding until peace returns
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 01 May 2014, 07:50

Well...if he did get down on bended knee then
his knees are in good condition.

Not like.....
 Not worthy "Help...I can't get back up !!"
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 01 May 2014, 07:54

What did he cook? Source hello!, excuse me, but the most important piece of information is unmentioned?! What kind of source is that?

This is crucial. Believe me, if he cooked avocado pasta. They could become known as "avocadopasta couple" ---

September is not good month for marriage. It´s got to be sooner. June. Isn´t it a month when summer blockbusters come out? Their marriage would oversharow all those and be the main news! Also before his ex has a baby. I´d say... Wink 

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 01 May 2014, 07:57

Joanna wrote:Well...if he did get down on bended knee then
his knees are in good condition.

Not like.....
 Not worthy "Help...I can't get back up !!"

Yep, but we don´t know what kind of dinner it was. Maybe there was no need to get up. "Arabic Style dining is different than Western dining traditions as the Arabs use the floor to sit on and no chairs. Depending on how authentic you want to be, you could use small stools and a low table if you have a back problem."

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 08:07

theminis wrote:Maybe lunch, followed by afternoon proposal and dinner at Craigs to celebrate, sounds good to me
No April 22 was Tuesday, he proposed that day and joined friends to celebrate it the following night.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 01 May 2014, 08:12

Carla I'm referring to the "down on bended knee to propose" comment, not how they sat to eat.

"Maybe there was no need to get up" you say ?
Lol....One has to get up from a meal sometime !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 01 May 2014, 08:37

you know what I think? These articles are based only on assumptions, and 'certainly true that him and now' but as with Amal gave her the ring (assuming he really gave it to him), where, and how, I guess' cause I do not think that George refers this to the press and he did not even think Amal or close friends!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 08:53

The next big question is: how would they celebrate George's 53rd birthday and what kind of present will Amal get her fiance?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 01 May 2014, 08:56

I thought it was stated in another thread that he proposed in London
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 01 May 2014, 09:23

Sevens wrote:The next big question is: how would they celebrate George's 53rd birthday and what kind of present will Amal get her fiance?

Well, Lorna's got a few toasters going cheap I believe !

I think there's a thread re Birthday present ideas ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 01 May 2014, 09:27

I can completely see him cooking a meal at home for her. Normal, relaxed stuff

And as for sitting on the floor, that's what he did when the Esquire journalist turned up to interview him..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 11:17

A big wedding can be planned in as little as a month. They have the resources to make it happen so September isn't all that fast to me anyway.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 11:20

playfuldeb wrote:I thought it was stated in another thread that he proposed in London

It was said it was in London.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 11:22

The People article is I think supposed to reveal the proposal. It was also said that George said there was no rush for the wedding. If she has taken time off , I am thinking wedding soon and honeymoon before she goes back to work.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 01 May 2014, 12:25

How do they know how he proposed? If it is said on People's magazine....but we don't have the entire article right?

That is very romantic, though. George's style Smile

I'm gonna start saving to attend the wedding LOL Somebody want to join me? We only have to wear a nice dress and seems that we are part of it LOL
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 12:32

Here's a People editor&reporter talking a lot based on their sources about how he gets along with Amal's family, why he decides to get married and when to make the wedding/kids!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 01 May 2014, 12:45

Sevens wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here's a People editor&reporter talking a lot based on their sources about how he gets along with Amal's family, why he decides to get married and when to make the wedding/kids!

I can't see the page. Can you copy the test from the link?

Last edited by Doug Ross on Thu 01 May 2014, 13:53; edited 1 time in total

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 12:52

I'm sorry why many of you cannot see this site's link...maybe we should have omeone who can watch the video to type the text from it. I'm not a native speaker so some parts still feel difficult for me.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 13:01

Its pretty much the same thing that has been said. They made a 48 hour visit last month to visit her family and they really liked him. one source says wedding in September another says it may be a long engagement. There hasn't been much talk of childeren. Whatever decision they make they want to make moving forward as a family . They are very happy and love and respect each other.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 13:18

Right similar to this but a different People editor :

Visit NBCNews.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 13:44

It turns out that despite his reputation as a committed lifetime bachelor, Clooney may just be an old-fashioned romantic man.

Coyne said, "This was actually a very old-fashioned proposal. George made sure he met and spent time with Amal's family before hand. When he popped the question, he got down on one knee."

But don't expect a big splashy media extravaganza. Early reports suggest that the couple is looking for small, elegant and very private.

Coyne said, "A source within Amal's family speculates that there could be a wedding as close as September. Sources close to George's family say that there is no rush and that this could be a long engagement."

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 14:13

Inside Scoop – George Clooney's Engagement
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 01 May 2014, 17:04

Well, girls, this is what happens when Our Hero decides to take a break...................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 01 May 2014, 17:28

I love that he got down on one knee . Aaaaah . So sweet  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 01 May 2014, 17:34

I think his comment last year (during the time they were dating) is very glaring.  When asked about his soul mate (or was it the love of his life) he said he hadn't met her yet.

So if he's dating Amal and he hasn't met his soul mate yet, did he suddenly decide she WAS his soulmate/love of his life?  Or did he sit there one day and decide there was no such thing and just propose to the one he was with?

What's that old song, if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with, love the one you're with!

Hmmmmmmm

(no need to post the video here - if someone wants to post it please do it in the music thread. thanks)

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 01 May 2014, 17:36

Where are all these details coming from? Him? Her?

Has to be her. She's telling her friends and they're blabbing to the news.

They should do like KK did. Tell a story to her friends the same story but give each one a different ending to see which one ends up in the tabloids, then she knew who was selling her secrets!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 01 May 2014, 17:43

I reckon all these details are in People mag and we're probably being fed snippets.........so approved. Pix are apparently by Getty...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 18:51

I think with the I haven't found her yet if he said he had the press would have been all over that. Wanting to know who she was. You can realize things in quick moment so maybe in the last few moths it hit him she is the one.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 01 May 2014, 19:13

annemarie wrote:I think with the I haven't found her yet if he said he had the press would have been all over that. Wanting to know who she was. You can realize things in quick moment so maybe in the last few moths it hit him she is the one.

It seems obvious to me. He was just "keeping his private life private."  10 out of 10 

The media give me the impression that they BELIEVE they have a God Given right
to ask any kind of personal question of George just because he's a tolerant, friendly guy
who won't get aggressive or belligerent with them.
I think he's deserved a medal for his tolerant attitude towards
the media over the years.  sunny 

Do they treat other single actors in this way, eg Jack Nicholson.....uummm.....
I can't think of any more now. Lol.
But hopefully you get my drift ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 19:18

LornaDoone wrote:I think his comment last year (during the time they were dating) is very glaring.  When asked about his soul mate (or was it the love of his life) he said he hadn't met her yet.
I honestly wouldn't make anything of this. As we can guess now, he was lying and it's clear why: to have said anything else would be to open the door on mass media intrusion and he wasn't ready for that then.

He has the right to announce he's serious about someone in his own time and not whenever a reporter happens to ask.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 01 May 2014, 19:22

Joanna wrote:
annemarie wrote:I think with the I haven't found her yet if he said he had the press would have been all over that. Wanting to know who she was. You can realize things in quick moment so maybe in the last few moths it hit him she is the one.

It seems obvious to me. He was just "keeping his private life private."  10 out of 10 

The media give me the impression that they BELIEVE they have a God Given right
to ask any kind of personal question of George just because he's a tolerant, friendly guy
who won't get aggressive or belligerent with them.
I think he's deserved a medal for his tolerant attitude towards
the media over the years.  sunny 

Do they treat other single actors in this way, eg Jack Nicholson.....uummm.....
I can't think of any more now. Lol.  
But hopefully you get my drift ?

Perhaps, but it's been my impression over the years that they (mainstream entertainment media) have been much kinder to him over the years than a lot of other stars. Mostly his press is positive--almost like he is untouchable despite the intrusive questions. I never saw mentioned in People that EC was a topless nun in a film.....and a lot of other negative things that might be all over the press if they were about someone else. Almost always the press spin on his actions is positive--Stan must be good at his job! Or George is really so likeable as to get a free pass.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 01 May 2014, 19:40

I totally agree with you, Jo. He's user friendly as far as the Press is concerned, invites them to his home etc etc, can take a joke.

I find it very interesting that folks like Bradley Cooper, Leo DiCaprio, (girlfriends half their age), Paul McCartney, (I could go on ad nauseum) don't seem to get touched............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 01 May 2014, 19:46

That's because they are not so charming like our George  lol!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 04 May 2014, 02:17

Just realised something. His Nibs was obviously practising getting down on one knee when he bent down behnd his car outside the restaurant where they ate with Blunt/Krasinski ..........!

And there we were wondering.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 04 May 2014, 03:54

I cannot see George giving out personal information on how he proposed to Amal. I am however sure that the article was written in the very early stages of the relationship, which most likely grew. I was surprised with the article when saying he hadn't met her yet because he once said that he married the only woman that he ever loved. But he also gives some contradictory information from time to time.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down