George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret

+20
sparkie
fava
Missa
Nicky80
Rose
Way2Old4Dis
ktsue2002
LizzyNY
Lighterside
What Would He Say
playfuldeb
Mazy
Joanna
Sevens
LornaDoone
theminis
Picachu
janieb
phys major
Katiedot
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 Empty Re: For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret

Post by Rose Fri 02 May 2014, 22:14

Missa wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:@Angie30 - I'm confused.If you think George is old, unattractive and gay and you don't care about his life, why are you coming to a George Clooney fan site that is the opposite of all that? Makes no sense to me.

Because she cares about him as an ACTOR!  Did you miss that part buried under all the insults?  And anyway, why is it weird to spend your free time discussing someone you find old and unattractive?  My friends on the Abe Vigoda's Open House Forum beg to disagree.  Thumbs up! 

It's just that I found this forum really fun. I've never seen women so fanatical and blind with attending here.

Never had so much fun Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 
The GC fans attending this Forum are worse than the fans of Justin Bieber and are far from to be teens Shocked 

Rose
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret - Page 2 Empty Re: For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret

Post by LornaDoone Sat 03 May 2014, 03:19

And whilst you continue to make snarky comments about George's fans you glaringly keep forgetting one thing... YOU keep coming back and commenting here too.

The fact that the irony of that escapes YOU amuses me to no end!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 May 2014, 04:31

Definition of a troll: someone who's life is so empty that they actually need the attention they get from coming on websites and making provocative statements because that's the only attention they get. Ignore and move on.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sat 03 May 2014, 09:13

I don't care what anyone does ban me if you want but.......[abuse edited by Katiedot]
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lamby Sat 03 May 2014, 19:10

Katiedot, what concerns me is why you would start a thread about Angie's comments regarding George and Amal's engagement being a PR strategy and about her opinion that George is gay, as opposed to calling her out for being bigoted, hateful and incredibly rude towards Amal?
I mean, if you feel the need to call her out, wouldn't the latter be much more offensive and a more important reason to do so?
It certainly is to me. Why not just ban her?
I'm genuinely asking.

lamby
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 May 2014, 19:15

Because I'm a hippie and heart and censoring posts just because I don't like them isn't my style*. If she wants to sound off on her conspiracy theories, or 'George is gay' theories, then let her. She'll find plenty of people here who can take her nonsense apart.

Crackpot theories are fine, always have been, as long as crackpot theorists understand they're going to be laughed at.

* I try to limit censorship here to abuse or anything that's libellous or breaks the house rules.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sun 04 May 2014, 00:29

Sorry
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 04 May 2014, 00:40

No worries sparkie I went off on her and got moderated by katie too! HA!

So let's all make a pact.

Trolls get no responses. We just SKIP over their comments and pretend they never happened.

As it says in the rules - there is no rule that says you HAVE to respond to another poster.

If the poster's comments start to ignore the forum rules, the mods will just edit the posts as necessary.

As katie said, we're trying to avoid censorship but we also won't put up with posters abusing other posters.

If the mods believe a comment is libelous the comment will be removed.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sun 04 May 2014, 01:29

I knew that I would be called out on what I said.

I made the fatal mistake of being so offended on behalf of all COH members. And for that reason only I am sorry, will never make that mistake again.
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 04 May 2014, 02:51

Sometimes you just have to get it off your chest. Boy can I attest to that! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 04 May 2014, 03:40

No worries Sparkie. For what it's worth I laughed my head off when I read your post.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 04 May 2014, 04:08

damn. now i'm sorry I missed sparkies post.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 May 2014, 09:43

Lorna.....Re what you said here....
"Trolls get no responses. We just SKIP over their comments and pretend they never happened"

Are we going to be told clearly who is a troll so that we don't feed them ?
I think that would be helpful in the future thanks.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 04 May 2014, 09:56

Nicky80 wrote:found it on frenchies and this video is so stupid weird I thought it matches here (didn't know where else to post it) hehe

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nicky, thanks for this video! Very Happy It's so stupidly fun  Coolio 
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 May 2014, 12:41

Joanna wrote:Lorna.....Re what you said here....
"Trolls get no responses. We just SKIP over their comments and pretend they never happened"

Are we going to be told clearly who is a troll so that we don't feed them ?
I think that would be helpful in the future thanks.

I think this is a good idea. Especially for some of the newbees who aren't familiar with the mannerisms of the trolls. Might save some headaches and heartaches down the road...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 04 May 2014, 15:14

Here are some hints on troll-speak:

"contract relationships"

"PR puppet"

"ugly amazon"

"gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay"

"George fans are...." insert any derogatory term

There are more signs but we'll keep those for the use of the mods.

Go to IMDB and check out the rantings on there it will give you some clues.

And one last comment to the troll - me thinks thou dost protest too much!  

HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 04 May 2014, 15:30

Ok, there seems to be some confusion about trolls in general and the IMDb nutjob, who's in a league of her own.

Trolls in general are easy to spot. They come to a website as newbie posters and write something inflammatory, often insulting other members of the site.  They're looking for an argument and nothing delights them more than getting a response.  They behave this way because their real lives are empty so this kind of attention, even though it's negative, is better than the nothing they usually get.  Small and powerless in real life, the anger they generate from their posts gives them a sense of importance and strength.  These kind of trolls are easy for everyone to spot.  Best to ignore them.

Our own troll (aka the IMDb nutjob) is another type of troll altogether.  She's an obsessed fan who's convinced herself that she's George's soulmate and will be marrying him.  She tells herself crazy stories in order to convince herself that he's not cheating on her with Sarah/Elisabetta/Stacy/Amal/whoever, such as he's being forced to do this or that photos are photoshopped/greenscreened and so on.  Her ramblings are that there's a secret reason behind why he's fake-dating these women (and now fake-engaged to).  Lorna's mentioned in her post above the most common signs.

The IMDb nutjob posts under a number of names here and initially comes across as convincing and plausible, and even likeable.  There are about half a dozen posters here I keep an eye on, although lately two of them seem to have announced they're not coming back here any more.

However, not every conspiracy theorist is our nutjob and it's possible for perfectly normal posters to share some of the nutjob's opinions.  I'm not interested in starting a witch hunt or creating an atmosphere of distrust or paranoia between posters.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2