George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

+32
party animal - not!
silly willy
Elo
amaretti
Butterfly
it's me
bamboochacha
ace
What Would He Say
LornaDoone
Picachu
lelacorb
hathaross
Boshkash
justpassinthrough
Rose
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
ktsue2002
Sevens
silly girl
melbert
Missa
Mazy
Pita428
playfuldeb
traone
sparkie
Carla97
annemarie
theminis
Katiedot
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

Post by justpassinthrough Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:41

ktsue2002 wrote:Disagree completely. Don't like it at all.

(yawn) Borrrrrring.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

Post by Rose Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:45

sorry, Nicky80, I don't know if you are the owner of the forum, but I think there should be freedom of expression. You may not agree with what the person wrote, but deleting is censorship

Rose
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:47

Funny how new names are starting to show how nasty they are, haven't got a better thing to do than repeating the same crap?? what's even funnier is that they keep saying that they don't care about his sexuality!! Obviously!!

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:48

Angie30, I will not have this discussion. We do no name calling here. That's it. If you do have a problem with that bring it up with Katiedot. If you continue to argue I will block your account until Katiedot comes back online and can decide to let you back online. thanks.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:51

my god  Shocked 

Rose
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:53

Sorry but had to be clear.Thanks for the understanding.

Now let's get back on topic.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:05

What a ring!! Wow!! I'm still shocked that this is happening LOL but in a good way

Hope to see more photos soon Smile
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:18

Hey but I'm the only one to think that this photo looks like a photomontage? Have you ever seen before George posing in a restaurant with his girlfriend? What is he doing, inviting photographers? If I look at the fabric of the jacket of George and the fabric under your hand to me seem to be two different processes! + If all genuine well could choose a ring with a stone more beautiful and brighter especially, this looks like a yellow tourmaline!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:24

She isn't his girlfriend she is his fiancee, they were at a party for Rande. The ring looks like a white diamond to me.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:26

To each his own the only thing that matters is that George and Amal like it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:27

It could just be the lighting in the picture that makes it look yellow. I think it's a pretty ring.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:31

The ring is similar to Grace Kelly's engagement ring. I think it is very elegant.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:34

Brilliantly and tastefully done and total control.

Wonderful!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:41

party animal - not! wrote:Brilliantly and tastefully done and total control.

Wonderful!

Totally agree with you.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:43

I think George is very Protective of Amal and wants things to be done in a way that she is not over whelmed by.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:48

I don't think she would be overwhelmed by much given her background. I think they are both control freaks. And I mean that in the most kind and loving way being that I am one as well.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:51

The Cover:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Sevens on Thu 01 May 2014, 04:27; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:55

Nice  I love you
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Apr 2014, 17:56

Amal & George: see her ring
April 30, 2014
Posted at 10:25 PM
Lainey
Posted by Lainey

Before we start breaking down this ridiculously staged PEOPLE exclusive, um, I need to gloat. I had an exclusive on the ring on Monday – that post is here. Have you seen the ring? The ring is an emerald cut. Massive but elegant. Thin band. And a warm yellow-ish hue. Click here for more details and a beautiful shot of Amal Alamuddin’s beautiful hand.

These shots…

I love how in the article, PEOPLE goes about it like a photographer just happened to be there and the magazine just happened to get exclusive details about how George Clooney proposed on one knee on April 22.

At this point, how bad would it be for them to just tell us – yes, we ARRANGED this entire situation, down to the f-cking lighting on the couple’s face?

LOOK AT THE LIGHTING ON THEIR FACES!

This is not accidental lighting!

And it’s insulting to expect that we wouldn’t know otherwise.

Actually, never mind. There probably are some idiots out there – a lot of them – who don’t suspect the strategery that goes into these moments.

George, then, doesn’t want to keep this is a secret. George is shouting it from the mountaintops, a proud affianced man who has finally found “his match”. That continues to be gross to me: Amal Alamuddin, for all that she’s accomplished, has to be described as George Clooney’s equal? The fact that we have to be served this sh-t and that we’ve set up our culture to make it ok that the sh-t be served to us in this way says more about us than it does about them.

And what does their unofficial engagement portrait say? Because it’s not by accident how their bodies are placed. Amal, you’ll note, is leaning back, slightly reclined, with her arm around George from behind, her head tilted upwards. There’s a lot of power here in this position, usually the position taken by a man at the table: comfortably confident and challenging at the same time, as if she’s saying “impress me, say something to impress me, tell me something I want to know”. And sexy as hell at the same time. While he’s pushed forward, seemingly eager to please. There’s my Photo Assumption of George Bridget Jones and Amal Mark Darcy. You?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Apr 2014, 18:08

So E! says George proposed in London?
The human rights lawyer and her new accessory were photographed while she and Clooney dined together with Cindy Crawford and husband Rande Gerber in Santa Monica, Calif., just five days after the Oscar winnner asked for Amal's hand in marriage. According to the publication, the Gravity actor helped design the ethically mined emerald-cut diamond which is estimated to be a whopping 7 carats! The massive sparkler is set in platinum and, yes, George presented it while on bended knee in London.
Of course, the engagement was previously confirmed by Amal's own law firm, not to mention Clooney's father, Nick Clooney, who told E! News he was "very pleased."
The shocking announcement that Hollywood's most famous bachelor would be walking down the aisle broke over the weekend after the couple was overhead sharing the news with pal Edward Norton while dinning at Malibu's Nobu restaurant.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 18:23

Lainey needs to get over herself who in their right minds can't see this was arranged by George. And why not we all wanted pictures and these are good not posed in a way that makes them look like for better words like royalty if you get what I mean.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Apr 2014, 18:25

Well it's all caused quite a stir both in the gossip world and on here !
But no one I've actually spoken to is bothered about 
it at all though !  Lol 

I'm glad I was offline when a certain poster appeared.
A Job Well Done Nicky.   Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 30 Apr 2014, 18:27

Exactly.......and I can absolutely see him coming in to London to propose to his lady.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Apr 2014, 18:34

Joanna wrote:Well it's all caused quite a stir both in the gossip world and on here !
But no one I've actually spoken to is bothered about 
it at all though !  Lol 

I'm glad I was offline when a certain poster appeared.
A Job Well Done Nicky.   Thumbs up!
Jo you're really lucky...what happened was pretty nasty. I, as a foreigner, had to use the F words there. It happens 
Anyway, I'm so looking forward to the latest issue of PEOPLE...hope someone would scan that for us
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 30 Apr 2014, 18:47

Okay, so he proposed in London on April 22nd, which was Tuesday, and they were first seen out celebrating with friends In LA on Wednesday night?

Seriously, how cute is it that he's so excited he couldn't wait to tell people. That's adorable.

Of course the pictures are staged. Now they won't be stalked and harassed for that first photo, and the money they made for selling it will go, I imagine, to the Satellite Sentinel, rather than into some sleazy paparazzi's pocket. And they look GORGEOUS; no chance of being caught on a bad hair/skin/shoe day. Win all around, I say.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 18:51

Missa wrote:Okay, so he proposed in London on April 22nd, which was Tuesday, and they were first seen out celebrating with friends In LA on Wednesday night?

Seriously, how cute is it that he's so excited he couldn't wait to tell people.  That's adorable.

Of course the pictures are staged.  Now they won't be stalked and harassed for that first photo, and the money they made for selling it will go, I imagine, to the Satellite Sentinel, rather than into some sleazy paparazzi's pocket.  And they look GORGEOUS; no chance of being caught on a bad hair/skin/shoe day.  Win all around, I say.

Definitely a win for them and for us.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Apr 2014, 18:51

Sevens....you used the F word ? And you a young innocent soul too ! I'm kidding you, of course.  sunny 
I'm glad it got sorted PDQ.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 19:18

Please don't take this the wrong way, but she does look arrogant. She may be one of the big time sweeties of the world, but she does come off arrogant in this photo. However, if I had just slapped on a rock that big given from GC, I would, first, be smiling for eternity, but I guess I would feel a little smug and really comfortable in my skin.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 30 Apr 2014, 19:20

It's not my style, but I think it works for her. The size is perfect for her long, slim fingers, and the color, although I wouldn't choose it for myself, plays off her complexion nicely. Not outrageously big or gaudy, classic and simple. He could have done much worse.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 30 Apr 2014, 19:22

Love that His Nibs is in The Ring picture - very subtle.

The BarristerHotties twitter page has the photos under the heading 'Alamoony'. Fun.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 30 Apr 2014, 19:23

Ktsue2002 - I really think arrogant is the wrong word. SMUG is my take on it - and who can blame her for that? She got him!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Wed 30 Apr 2014, 19:23

i like it and its their choice not ours
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 30 Apr 2014, 19:24

I get how that expression could come off a little haughty, but they were conversing with at least two other people, so who knows what was being said/going on at that particular moment.

To be honest, if I had George put a ring on it, I'd probably look like the cat who caught the canary myself. Pure speculation, but I'd imagine she had people in her life telling her she should drop every thing for him, and for her to have come out with the brass ring and her career/pride intact - well done her.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 30 Apr 2014, 19:26

party animal - not! wrote:Love that His Nibs is in The Ring picture - very subtle.

The BarristerHotties twitter page has the photos under the heading 'Alamoony'. Fun.

I read "Amaloonie" somewhere yesterday (Celebitchy?) I think that one flows a little better. I'm certainly becoming one, in any event.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:12

annemarie wrote:Lainey needs to get over herself who in their right minds can't see this was arranged by George. And why not we all wanted pictures and these are good not posed in a way that makes them look like for better words like royalty if you get what I mean.

Yes, why is she so pissed? Geesh this goes on all the time but she's got a bee in her bonnet when George does it?

Oh yea, probably cause SHE didn't get the exclusive! HA!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:16

I just looked up in Google how much a 7 carat yellow diamond would cost. I fell out of my seat - $250,000

That's a HOUSE!!!!

Oh well, I guess if George is going to finally get married he'd best do it right!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:21

Thanks for that info Lorna.

But of course, $250,000 is peanuts to George.
I wouldn't expect him to spend anything less really.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:23

"peanuts" that's what I always think when I look at my bank account  Razz 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:30

I don't think it is canary I think it's the lighting making it look yellow. The article just says its a Emerald cut.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:33

Is it yellow the article says It is a emerald cut could it be the lighting making it look yellow.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:33

See the 7-Carat Engagement Ring George Clooney Gave Amal Alamuddin!

GGeorge Clooney nearly broke the Internet when fans learned that he officially took himself off the market. The 52-year-old actor quietly proposed to Amal Alamuddin after only seven months of dating.

See All of the Women George Clooney Romanced Before Settling Down with Amal Alamuddin

Now that the world has reacted to the couples’ engagement, it’s time to see the ring. Clooney got down on one knee with a 7-plus carat sparkler that can only be described as stunning. On April 27, Clooney and Alamuddin went out to dinner in California with friends Cindy Crawford and her husband Rande Gerber.

While dining, photographers were able to snap a photo of Alamuddin’s new bling, which can be seen on the cover of this week’s People magazine. Clooney, who helped design the ring, selected an ethically mined emerald cut diamond, estimated to be 7-plus carats, flanked by two tapered baguettes. The classic cut is set in a platinum band that accentuates its beauty.

“This was a huge step for him to propose, something of a whirlwind courtship,” People‘s assistant managing editor Kate Coyne told the Today show. “So we … could be waiting a while,” he speculated about their wedding.

According to a source inside Alamuddin’s family, the couple could say “I do” as early as September, but Coyne said that sources close to Clooney advise there is “no rush.”

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:42

I keep going back to that letter from the Arab guy. Maybe now that George is becoming "Arab" and the wealth is a "must-do" to show prestige, this ring would be small by their standards? I think it is over-the-top hugely unnecessary. A smaller similar cut would have spoken the same words/feelings. But that's jmo.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:43

Well, you can imagine a lawyers' website looking for a play on words: 'alamooney' - 'alimony'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:05

Lainey needs some lessons in body language. Or to learn to not talk about such things and show her ignorance.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:10

I like Laieny. She tells it like it is. She doesnt sugar-coat. Yes, her words can be a little profane at times, but I dont think she is ignorant. But then she's also a friend of mine.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:17

Ok don't beat me but I think I missed the Laieny part...Who is she again? A journalist? Sorry to ask....I get lost with all the information in the last few days  Embarassed 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:20

She writes gossip blogs that are based on facts
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:20

"Ignorance" doesn't mean "general stupidity." I meant that in reference to the body language, she's obviously talking out of her realm of expertise, since she got so many things wrong. There are many, many things about which I'm ignorant.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:29

Who said anything about stupidity? And opinions dont make people wrong, they make people individuals.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:35

Here I am, as conflicted as ever.  There are Pro's..... and there are Con's.

So here we go;

Pro's
1) He found someone who is his equal.

Con's
1) Did George only just cotton on, that he was subconsciously looking for an equal. How far up the evolutionary ladder was he looking. Equal can be boring, vive la différence !  *see end.

Pro's
2) They both have good jobs.

Con's
2) Both jobs are hi profile, involving pics, sound bites, which neither seem to like very much, unless strictly controlled;BUT by whom?.   They are still good jobs. But I can see a bit of;  
G:"You pick up the kids today"    A:"No! you pick up the kids today"
G:"NO! I'm collecting an Oscar"    A:"NO! I'm saving Eastern Europe".
One will have to give way...This is a big con for both.

Pro's
3) She seems happy to enter fully into his world, this is not a relationship where George just gets a loving wife, with no frills.
He is getting the full package. I think she will give Stacy a run for her money by the time we get to red carpet season.

Con's
3) All the above number 3 Pro's with bells on.  Amal will beam, bask, dazzle, and George just has to show up.

Pro's
4) He has at last found "The Love of his life".

Con's
4) Hope so. If not, will he ever get another chance to look. Sad

Appendage to Con's 1 *

If he had met me. I now know he would have been bitterly disappointed. Sad   But hayho Jesus loves me, just the way I am. (look's like Ma and Pa wouldn't have been over impressed either (by me, not Amal).
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next