George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

+32
party animal - not!
silly willy
Elo
amaretti
Butterfly
it's me
bamboochacha
ace
What Would He Say
LornaDoone
Picachu
lelacorb
hathaross
Boshkash
justpassinthrough
Rose
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
ktsue2002
Sevens
silly girl
melbert
Missa
Mazy
Pita428
playfuldeb
traone
sparkie
Carla97
annemarie
theminis
Katiedot
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 13:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George Clooney's Enagement Ring Becomes Talk Of Hollywood
Airdate: 04/30/2014
It's the rock that's rocking the world—the engagement ring on the finger of Amal Alamuddin, the future Mrs. George Clooney.

The new cover of People magazine, on stands Friday, has your first look at the sparkler, and boy did she do good.
Kate Coyne, Associate Editor of People magazine, told INSIDE EDITION, "The ring is dazzling. It is over seven karats, an emerald cut stone that was ethically mined, set in platinum, with two tapered baguettes on either side."
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

Post by Butterfly Thu 01 May 2014, 19:19

This ring to me looks different on every picture. Once it's yellow and small, then it's white and big....then it has some "backup" stones left and right from the diamond...on the next pics there are no such "backups" ....I don't know which ring is the one. Shocked 

Do you know if people who wear such pricey rings walk freely (without security) on the streets like the rest of us, humans?

I mean....someone can steal it easily, run away and buy a house.
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 01 May 2014, 19:22

Katiedot wrote:
Katiedot wrote:Ok, this is the Madam Tussaud's wax mannequin:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this is George in real life - even wearing the same suit!
And just for amusement value (and by special request!), here's the first-ever 'leaked' photo of George and Stacy:

LOL they could have at least used different champagne glasses to make it look different  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 01 May 2014, 19:40

Aren't all modern Champagne glasses the same ?
I don't drink it ! Lol
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 01 May 2014, 19:52

LOL Jo just for you because I'm enjoying the joke 

there are differences HAHAHA

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 19:57

Meanwhile, back on topic . . .

Butterfly wrote:This ring to me looks different on every picture. Once it's yellow and small, then it's white and big....then it has some "backup" stones left and right from the diamond...on the next pics there are no such "backups" ....I don't know which ring is the one. Shocked 
There is only the one picture of the ring and that 's the one on her hand. All the other pictures are pictures of similar rings to give us an idea of price and style.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 May 2014, 22:08

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 01 May 2014, 22:10

lol!     Nicky.    Coolio 

I like to learn something new every day....I'm on 
overdrive on here !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 03 May 2014, 02:32

I like this new pic of the ring...her hand on George's back of head!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 03 May 2014, 02:40

Me too, Sevens.. can't remember where I saw it originaly. That ring is gorgeous.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 03 May 2014, 04:46

Half way down on Page 1. It was more of a close-up and you couldn't see George's hair.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 03 May 2014, 05:24

No Mel the previous pic is different from this one. The ring looks yellow.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 03 May 2014, 05:29

The picture of the ring on Page 1 of this thread does have a yellowish hue to it.  The picture on this page however doesn't show the yellow as much.  Same ring, same hand, possible different angle or different lighting.  Same ring...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 May 2014, 05:59

It's the same photo, just cropped.  The lighting looks different depending on the printing conditions (how they manipulate the photo). The 'yellower' version is probably the original photo and the whiter version has been cleaned up a little.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 May 2014, 15:07

Here's an interesting article about the ring, found by Henway:

zzLatest News

Bling of Ire: Are You Eye-Rolling Over the Clooney Engagement Ring?

Laurie Brookins May 2nd, 2014

“He helped design the ring.”

This sentence tends to set me off. The increasingly popular notion that the average guy, purely by virtue of his desire to pop the question, is magically transformed into a jewelry designer. Ask the guy you’re casually dating to venture into a jewelry store, and chances are he’ll break into a cold sweat. But once he’s made the decision to spring for a diamond, suddenly, he must be imbued with the ability to not only speak intelligently about galleries, shanks and mountings, shoulders, bezels and underbezels, but also has achieved some modicum of artistic flair to create an engagement ring that couldn’t otherwise be conceived by, you know, someone who designs them for a living. Don’t guys just point to ready-made rings in glass cases anymore?

Then again, the average guy isn’t George Clooney, amirite?

I realize I sound a little cranky on the topic, but honestly, the coverage of Clooney’s engagement to UK lawyer Amal Alamuddin has been more than a little breathless, especially with regard to the ring. And while the sparkler is indeed quite beautiful—an emerald-cut diamond estimated at 7 carats, flanked by two tapered baguettes and set in platinum—can we all at least agree it doesn't exactly represent a quantum leap in ring design?

There’s a great scene in 1995’s To Die For, in which Illeana Douglas, as Janice Maretto, discusses her feelings about Nicole Kidman’s character, Suzanne, who designed the rings for her wedding to Janice’s brother, Matt Dillon as Larry Maretto: “Larry, he was so proud, you know, ‘cause Suzanne designed the wedding rings all by herself. You want me to describe them for you? They were round and gold. I mean, big f**kin’ deal.”

Every single time we’re deluged with frenzied reportage of a male celeb who designed something round and gold (or, in this case, platinum), I think of this scene. Brad Pitt garnered coverage as a “co-designer” twice, first with Silvia Damiani for his ring for Jennifer Aniston (Pitt later partnered with Damiani on a full-on wedding band collection. Hint: they were round and also…gold!), and then again with Robert Procop for Angelina Jolie’s ring. When did he find the time to make World War Z?

And, of course, because it’s Clooney, there’s an added element, prominently positioned within the first sentence in most of the stories you’ve read this week: the diamond was ethically mined. Such a detail makes sense when you combine Clooney’s well-documented activism in Darfur and South Sudan with Alamuddin’s work as a human rights attorney. For the uninitiated, “ethically mined” means the diamond was likely sourced outside those violence-ridden regions in which conflicts are widely thought to be financed by the sale of stones that have come to be known as “blood” diamonds. The mining doesn’t employ child labor or any other form of worker exploitation, and the stone was excavated by a method that did not impact the environment in any negative way.

In 2003, a certification for conflict-free diamonds, known as the Kimberley Process, was created. And while we should eagerly support these philosophies, you will find environmentalists and political activists who have called into question the reliability of the Kimberley Process, noting that it’s a morass of ethical issues and legal loopholes. It’s also important to note that “ethically mined” and Kimberley Process certification aren’t synonymous; it’s actually a huge conversation that can’t simply be glossed over with a passing mention from your publicist.

Indeed, among the many comment boards out there dishing on the Clooney diamond (I’ve decided to just call it that from now on, like the Hope or the Tiffany Yellow), a few observers have astutely pointed out that if you wanted to really embrace the most eco-conscious choice, why not go with an antique ring? Alamuddin strikes us as a stylish woman, and vintage rings are becoming increasingly popular (not to mention, they're the most eco-friendly option, as they require no mining), so perhaps she would have been into a Victorian or Edwardian-era ring with its own romantic backstory?

But no, Clooney was likely welcomed into a private room—or, just as likely, a briefcase of stones was brought to him—and he pointed to something he liked as an exceptionally educated jeweler explained a variety of details on cut, carat weight, clarity, etc., and decisions were made from there. But this does not a ring designer make.

When I mentioned this on Facebook earlier this week, a colleague chimed in, “Hey, it’s a gorgeous ring!” I don’t deny that for a second. It’s chicly simple and ultra-classic—so ultra-classic, in fact, that it distinctly reminds me of perhaps the most captivating engagement ring of all time: the 10.47-carat emerald-cut diamond, flanked by baguettes and set in platinum, designed by Cartier and commissioned by Prince Rainier to present to Grace Kelly in 1956.

No jewelry house has taken credit for the Clooney—no surprise, given the feverish press and the typical reticence among jewelers when it comes to dishing details on celeb clients—but it wouldn’t surprise me if Cartier likewise recreated the diminutive skating rink now residing on Alamuddin’s left hand. Clooney, after all, is a guy who embraces the classic glamour of old Hollywood—his Los Angeles home was once owned by Clark Gable. It would feel quite natural if he reached out to a classic jewelry house, and the design of Kelly’s ring was used as a jumping off point. (On a side note, if you ever want to enjoy both a good look and a wink at Kelly’s ring, check out 1956’s High Society, her last film before becoming a bona fide princess, in which she wears her IRL sparkler. Conveniently, you can catch it today on Turner Classic Movies at 12:30 p.m. ET.)

Listen, I’m all for a guy being involved in the look of the ring he’ll present to seal the deal. But there’s an abyss of difference between “being involved” and headlines or lead paragraphs that trumpet your mad skillz as a ring designer. Such positioning does a disservice to those who have devoted their lives to this highly intricate, exhaustive craft. And honestly, we’d still love Clooney just as much if he admitted that he pointed to a ring in a glass case, wouldn’t we? Because ultimately, love springs eternal—just as we once thought about his bachelorhood.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 03 May 2014, 15:52

Well for me doesn't matter if it's George or any other celebrities as soon somebody says they "designed" something I never believe it. Doesn't matter if it's a ring, jewelry, cloth, perfume or something. It is just marketing promotion for me. Nothing real. (Maybe I believe it by Victoria Beckham but that's it )
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 03 May 2014, 15:55

This is the ring from Grace Kelly everyone talks about. Not sure if we have it here already. Looks really similar to me

with a platinum Cartier ring bearing an emerald-cut diamond of 10.47 carats.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 03 May 2014, 15:58

And this is Amal's ring...just post it again to see the comparison 

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 03 May 2014, 15:59

It does, doesn't it, but I'm don't think Amal's ring has those big things (a technical term, obviously!) on the corners.

In a way, I think Amal's is more delicate........where can I find someone to give me one? Any ideas?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 03 May 2014, 17:32

I agree with the blogger that "designing " the ring is a stretch. "Yeah, that looks good like that, I'll take it" does not a designer make.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 03 May 2014, 17:37

Oh my Grace Kelly's ring . bounce 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 03 May 2014, 22:39

My hubby and I both selected the 3 diamonds we wanted on our ring, but we definitely did not design it. The jeweller talked about crowns and platinum and settings, drew a sketch and we said yes that looks good. Hubby went back a month later, picked it up and I didn't see it till he proposed.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sun 04 May 2014, 00:40

I told mine what I liked and he was smart enough to listen relay that to the jeweler and propose with a beautiful ring that I love.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Elo Sun 04 May 2014, 02:18

I totally agree with Katie : big Hollywood engagement ring to show how pricey she is for him.

Sad George (or Amal) have the need to be so show off. I thought he was more down to earth and attached to simple and
meaningful things.

Sad if he has to put a lot of money in a ring to please her. I think some of his former girlfriends were way more simple

Hope for a long engagement, not sure they fit so well.

Elo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 04 May 2014, 04:22

I did think a more Victorian style, but it's not gaudy. I glad that it is at least ethically mined as far as he could tell. Hopefully it's true and not a blood diamond, all you can do is try.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 04 May 2014, 06:58

Grace Kelly's ring has more facets in the cut, where Amal's ring has stripes for the cut.

Personally, I wouldn't want a big ring like that. I think it's pretty, but it is also gawdy, at least to me. I'd be terrified of banging it on something, chipping it, etc.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Sun 04 May 2014, 08:46

playfuldeb wrote:Grace Kelly's ring has more facets in the cut, where Amal's ring has stripes for the cut.

Personally, I wouldn't want a big ring like that. I think it's pretty, but it is also gawdy, at least to me. I'd be terrified of banging it on something, chipping it, etc.

I think these 'big rings' are worn for special occasions and not every day. But then again, how would I know -- in Germany and France, where I live, typically the tradition is matching bands: rich or poor.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sun 04 May 2014, 19:54

A little off topic factoid one Grace Kelly's ring. That was actually the second engagement ring from the Prince. Prince Rainier III of Monaco originally proposed to Grace Kelly with a Cartier eternity band of rubies and diamonds. When he saw other leading ladies in Hollywood were flashing bigger rings, he quickly ordered this 10.5-carat emerald-cut diamond flanked by two baguettes, also from Cartier.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 07 May 2014, 04:30

A larger pic of the ring from the Hello!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 Empty Flawless! George Clooney’s Wife-To-Be Amal Alamuddin Flaunts $500,000 Engagement Ring — With ‘Ethically Mined,’ Super-Pure Rock

Post by Sevens Wed 14 May 2014, 06:56

Flawless! George Clooney’s Wife-To-Be Amal Alamuddin Flaunts $500,000 Engagement Ring — With ‘Ethically Mined,’ Super-Pure Rock
Posted on May 13, 2014 @ 17:04PM | By Andrea Simpson
Amal Alamuddin got the man candy. Now she has the hand candy! George Clooney’s future wife flashed her newest accessory as she touched down at London’s Heathrow Airport Tuesday — and only RadarOnline.com has all the details on the rock.

The 36-year-old attorney effortlessly paired her engagement bling with casual ripped jeans, a beige sweater, black oxfords and Ray-Ban shades.

According to jewelry expert Michael O’Connor, the big 7-carat bauble is estimated at $500,000 and is the symbol of pure love.

“The platinum engagement ring he proposed to Amal Alamuddin with is totally symbolic of purity,” O’Connor told RadarOnline.com.

“Purity of design, purity of diamond and purity of setting. The design is purely classic with ethically-mined diamonds set with a larger center flanked by two tapered baguette diamonds,” he added.

“Pure white platinum holds the diamonds securely — and platinum is primarily used at 95 percent purity which makes if one of the most pure jewelry metals,” O’Connor continued.

O’Connor added that there’s a reason why this sparkler shines bright, and why the former ladies man must have chosen this diamond for his lady love who plucked him out of perpetual bachelorhood.

“The emerald cut diamond, as well as the tapered baguette side diamonds, are cut with fewer facets than most other cuts and shapes,” he said, “which sparkles with more pure white light than other cuts.”
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 14 May 2014, 08:28

Now that she's back home, Amal will soon find out
her true friends as opposed to the false ones pretending to be happy for her.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 14 May 2014, 12:00

Merged threads as the last article is all about the ring  Thumbs up! Thanks for the find
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 14 May 2014, 15:51

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 15 Jun 2014, 20:47

Hmm, did Amal say yes too quickly?  Shoulda Coulda held out for this diamond! HA!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 15 Jun 2014, 20:51

Oh, that's what I wore to breakfast this morning...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 4 Empty Is this Amal's ring?

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 Jan 2015, 22:28

Edyie Gorme's estate went under the hammer April 2014

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 16 Jan 2015, 06:46

Merged thread
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 16 Jan 2015, 13:39

party animal - not! wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Edyie Gorme's estate went under the hammer April 2014

I would not think so.  Amal's is reportedly 7 carats and the one at auction was 17. Plus how could you claim a diamond was ethically mined if it came from an estate and not recently mined and cut?

Last edited by fava on Fri 16 Jan 2015, 13:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 Jan 2015, 20:05

I have a thing about NOT buying rings that have belonged to someone else. 
I think something of the previous owner could be left in the ring and I would feel very uneasy about wearing it.

I have experienced something very strange in the past from wearing previously owned gold jewellery.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by / Fri 16 Jan 2015, 20:25

Joanna wrote:I have a thing about NOT buying rings that have belonged to someone else. 
I think something of the previous owner could be left in the ring and I would feel very uneasy about wearing it.

I have experienced something very strange in the past from wearing previously owned gold jewellery.
I'm intrigued. Do tell!

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 17 Jan 2015, 15:05

Sorry...it's very personal Codexchick.....so I can't divulge. sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4