George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin?

+27
Picachu
sparkie
fava
Pita428
melbert
Merlin
Way2Old4Dis
Sevens
bamboochacha
Rose
Butterfly
Mazy
LizzyNY
amaretti
jd68
hathaross
What Would He Say
annemarie
ace
Atalante
party animal - not!
theminis
Joanna
Nicky80
playfuldeb
Carla97
Katiedot
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you think George will move to London

Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? Vote_lcap16%Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 9 ]
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? Vote_lcap29%Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 16 ]
Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? Vote_lcap55%Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 30 ]

Total Votes : 55
Back

Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? Empty Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:35

Simple question, yes or no? We hear rumour that Amal isn't giving up her career once she gets married and plans to continue practicing law in the UK. Will he do the one thing he hasn't bothered to do for any girlfriend in the past and actually make an effort in this relationship to accommodate her needs?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? Empty Re: Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Carla97 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:45

I voted no, they´split their time..

Would he be shopping for groceries in raincoats under umbrellas while she is working?
Somehow I just can see him visiting London only…

Maybe I´m wrong and Sir Clooney moves to the city.  Smile 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin? Empty Re: Do you think George Clooney will move to London to be with Amal Alamuddin?

Post by playfuldeb Tue 29 Apr 2014, 08:04

To hang on his wall in his new home in London

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 08:53

George can do his job from everywhere he doesn't has to live in LA. He can go there for business meeting but movies he can shoot everywhere like in Berlin  Very Happy  So for him it is easier to move to London then for her to move to LA.

And why getting maaried and live in two parts of the world...no way

But if this is really to happen then I wonder how they deal with the pas in London????

And how will George handle the rainy weather  Shocked 

Whatever...would be great to have him in my timezone (Sorry Lorna) Razz  Razz  Razz 
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Apr 2014, 09:04

Hey it doesn't rain ALL the time here in UK ! LOL

And there are some wonderful places to live in other than in busy, polluted, congested, overcrowded, overpriced, London.

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:02

Hhmn Id take London for a wee bit, especially around St James Park where one of my ex bosses used to live - house (mansion) was beyond stunning.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:11

Here's a very tongue-in-cheek article from a legal website

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The advice by 11KBW barrister Sean Jones QC — delivered via the #MarriedtotheBar Twitter hashtag — is essential reading for the film star ahead of his wedding to Doughty Street's Amal Alamuddin.

Get used to being criticised in numbered sub-points

The Hallway is for Rolling Luggage, the stairs for dead papers

Of course she loves you more than the job bt she HAS to get these submissions finished so cld you go on your own this time?

If you find a random DVD enclosed with her instructions never ever watch it.

Do not borrow highlighter pens or Post It notes without permission and NEVER touch her hole punch

Nothing spices up an otherwise trivial domestic row like being cross-examined relentlessly

The Beatles did not write the White Book

You probably have not appreciated how often your opinions have involved non-sequiturs - you soon will

If she is describing how a judge disagreed with her, but you think the judge had a point - keep that to yourself

That thing you said, but didn't mean, and have forgotten. A barrister never forgets.

Some of her male friends wear silk stockings, shorts and patent leather shoes with buckles. Act like that is normal

Never ever use "Grayling" as your safe word

Probably best to learn the difference between "infer" and "imply" immediately - it will save you pain in the long run.

Your briefs are likely to be less impressive than hers

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text. PLEASE can you add the whole story, not just links? Thanks)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:54

So true !  Laughing 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:05

"Some of her male friends wear silk stockings, shorts and patent leather shoes with buckles. 
Act like that is normal"

Oh I can see George trying those on for size !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ace Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:12

It's all true points that article made!

ace
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:42

I think he will split the time when he is not working he will be with her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:17

playfuldeb wrote:To hang on his wall in his new home in London

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

OMG Play, that is unbelievably scary....

I broke up with a guy, because he looked so like his Mum in her swimming togs.(not the rest of the time, just when she wore togs- they were identical. Loopy I know)

This is kind of having the same effect on my noodles!

If I look at it enough, I won't care where he and his fiancé live as long as it's not near me. affraid 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:29

OMG playful, that´s a masterpiece  Razz 

I had to look again, it had a same effect on me wwhs LOL

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 29 Apr 2014, 13:25

I don´t think George will go to live to UK. He can do a lot of of his work in others places but he is a hollywood star and he will be needed for a lot of things. They can stay in NY LOL it´s nearest from UK
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 14:40

She could still work for the London office without being in London all the time. George bounces around quite a bit. I can't see him basing himself out of London full-time. The home of entertainment industry is LA. I think they will doing a bit of globetrotting.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 29 Apr 2014, 16:44

London nice .  Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Apr 2014, 17:26

I don't think he has to "move"anywhere. He never stays in one place for too long as it is, and I don't think that would change much unless he stopped working altogether.

She'd be a fool to think he'd give up his life to sit around waiting for her, and whatever anyone thinks of her, she's no fool. My guess is that she'll have to learn to compromise and get used to traveling a lot.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:59

I think her working in London is good for her. Until all the hype and criticism in the US tones down a bit, it will behoove her to be a bit removed from the gossip-mongers here
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 29 Apr 2014, 20:33

I think they will split there time after all this is a marriage. This means compromise on both of them if they are both to keep their careers.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Tue 29 Apr 2014, 21:06

Thanks Playful for this amazing photo of Queen George  Yahooooo 
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 29 Apr 2014, 21:08

Thanks . Too funny.  Very Happy Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue 29 Apr 2014, 22:33

I think each will continue living in their country and in their homes. Here in my country has a famous couple is married by contract, appearances ... Occasionally they pose for a famous magazine, in a beautiful house, but some people have said that they do not live together.

Rose
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Wed 30 Apr 2014, 04:29

of course he will. isn't she a close friend of the queen's son, andrew and his x-wife live in sarah? ahem.
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 08:50

according to this article,  "She will be based in London and Los Angeles." No idea how if there is any truth to any of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Three Strikes, You’re Hooked: George Clooney’s New Fiancée Snubbed Him Three Times Before Agreeing To Fateful First Date

Ladies, pay attention: Playing hard to get works! George Clooney‘s stunning fiancée, Amal Alamuddin, turned the self-proclaimed lifetime bachelor down three times before even agreeing to go on a first date with him, RadarOnline.com has learned.

The couple met “last September at a small intimate charity fundraiser,” an insider told Radar exclusively. “George immediately honed in on Amal and was formally introduced to her. He had no idea she was such an accomplished lawyer!”

“She was engaging in the conversation after the introduction was made, and then did the unthinkable,” the source continued. “Amal walked away from the group George was with! He was instantly more intrigued by her. George then inserted himself into another group Amal was talking with. She just wasn’t impressed by the Hollywood actor persona.”

In fact, the source revealed, “George asked for her phone number at the end of the night, and she refused to give it to him! Again, another first.”

And when the called to ask her on a date the next morning, the source said, “She turned him down! He was absolutely shocked. No one turns George down for a date. Amal had no interest in dating an actor, but George was eventually able to convince her to go out with him to discuss his humanitarian work.”

“After their first date, Amal was extremely impressed with George’s work in Darfur, and realized that he was much more than an actor,” the source said.

As Radar confirmed, the 52-year-old superstar and the future Mrs. Clooney were spotted celebrating over dinner at two Los Angeles hotspots last week where the 36-year-old bride-to-be was rocking some huge engagement bling.

“We are thrilled for them. We love Amal,” Clooney’s father, Nick Clooney, told RadarOnline in an exclusive interview. “We think they’re a wonderful match and wish them well.”

As for any other details on how their heartthrob son popped the question, he added: “This is their day!”

Clooney’s aunt, Starla Clooney, hopes to not only be invited to the wedding of the century, but to be front and center as the couple say “I do.”

She’s a non-denominational wedding minister in Ohio, Indiana, and the actor’s home state of Kentucky, which could come in handy for her nephew.

“If he asked me, I would do it,” she told Radar.

But in the meantime, the couple is enjoying their pre-wedding bliss.

“Amal hasn’t asked George for one thing,” the source said. “Amal has her own life, career and friends. In the past, the ladies he has dated have requested George’s help in getting acting roles, securing hosting gigs, getting new agents. In fact, Amal has made it clear she intends to not give up her law career. She will be based in London and Los Angeles. George has never been with a woman like her, and this is going to go the distance.”
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 11:52

That sounds good she can work in both places.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Apr 2014, 13:08

Pan, that's a serious media, so we can count on it.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 30 Apr 2014, 13:21

If the above story were true, it would have to mean that Amal wasn't aware of George's serious dedication to his humanitarian work until their first date. I find that hard to believe. Makes a good story, though.

Also makes you wonder how much more of the story is just spin.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 01 May 2014, 07:07

They could also be based in Lake Como...much closer to London than LA.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 01 May 2014, 09:13

Merlin - you're back !!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 01 May 2014, 18:59

I haven't been gone Deb...it's just that the system keeps logging me out and I can't log on from work for some reason...and when I do log on I don't find I have much to say.. I've lost interest in George's girlfriends latterly....
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 02 May 2014, 02:58

Well, I just spent a hour on the new Amal's Open House forum. Yay...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 02 May 2014, 03:26

Its a bit that way isn't it Mel?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 02 May 2014, 04:00

It'll soon be George and Amal's Open House
They're getting married so the house is theirs, true.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 02 May 2014, 04:04

NO
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Fri 02 May 2014, 05:07

What Mel said!!!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 02 May 2014, 14:34

AMEN!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 02 May 2014, 14:38

Merlin wrote:They could also be based in Lake Como...much closer to London than LA.
Can't see Como as I don't recall George spending any extended time there not in the May-Sept. time of year.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Fri 02 May 2014, 14:47

Sevens wrote:It'll soon be George and Amal's Open House
They're getting married so the house is theirs, true.
Well this is one neighbour who isn't really impressed with the possible new tenant.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 02 May 2014, 17:34

LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 02 May 2014, 21:00

Re Como...he didn't have any reason to stay there for long periods in the past but if his wife is in London it would be more convenient for them I would imagine.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 02 May 2014, 22:57

I agree Merlin, Como looks like the perfect home base now
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 02 May 2014, 23:02

And I'm right in the middle between Como and London so maybe he makes little pit stop here hehe Or doing another movie at Babelsberg Studio......  I'm fine with that...  super cool
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 03 May 2014, 03:11

Mel said if his wife is in London, it would be more convenient for him to be based in Como.Sorry, guys, but if his wife is in London isn't that where he should be? Just sayin'. Wouldn't be much hanky-panky going on if they were in different countries.  Smile 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 03 May 2014, 03:17

Can't believe she hasn't got her own place in central London anyway.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 03 May 2014, 03:21

Well my thinking is that they will split their time between Como/London (as opposed to LA London).
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 03 May 2014, 03:29

You know, I think they're both going to be travelling quite a lot, not that that's all that new to them!

LA (home, office), New York suite in hotel (possibly bought already some time ago), London,(home) and Como (office, editing suite)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 May 2014, 04:25

Yeah, George's life is all over the place already and I don't know if that'll change any time soon (unless they have a family; then I can see him cutting back) so I guess there won't be any one main home for them.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 03 May 2014, 04:43

LizzyNY wrote:Mel said if his wife is in London, it would be more convenient for him to be based in Como.Sorry, guys, but if his wife is in London isn't that where he should be? Just sayin'. Wouldn't be much hanky-panky going on if they were in different countries.  Smile 

Wasn't me that said this.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 03 May 2014, 09:47

LizzyNY...I was me who said it Merlin....I was just thinking if he didn't want to be based in London and she didn't want to be based in LA it would be convenient for both of them to be in Como seeing as George has said he loves it there and he works there that's all ....They can both afford private jets so they can commute from anywhere they like whenever they like.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 03 May 2014, 10:59

the surrounding areas of London are beautiful and lovely and peacefull to live, it really depends on where they buy and Amal can commute. Kent is a favourite area of mine but watch for the flooding, needs to be taken in to account when buying a property after what happened in January this year.
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next