George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday

+2
Mazy
party animal - not!
6 posters

Go down

A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday Empty A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday

Post by party animal - not! Tue 11 Mar 2014, 17:25

Reported yesterday as a result of evidence and comments from the Clinic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday Empty Lost Boys' Clinic and Orphanage Touched by Violence in Duk County

Post by Mazy Thu 13 Mar 2014, 18:08

This is from PAN's link, thanks for this.
Lost Boys' Clinic and Orphanage Touched by Violence in Duk County

March 10, 2014

Though the total number of damaged or destroyed homes is unknown, at least 10 huts were burned since February 9, 2014 in Duk Payuel, in South Sudan’s Jonglei state, as seen in satellite images reviewed by DigitalGlobe analysts. The area is home to the John Dau Foundation’s Duk Lost Boys Clinic and another project supported by former Lost Boy Joseph Akol Makeer: the African Heart American Soul Foundation's orphanage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Image 1: Overview of Duk Payuel town showing burned huts and looted buildings
Sources on the ground in Duk county tell the Satellite Sentinel Project, or SSP, that forces aligned with South Sudan’s armed opposition, loyal to former vice President Riek Machar, perpetrated these latest attacks. Phillip Thon Leek, a lawmaker from the county told Sudan Tribune that James Cuei Leek, the paramount chief was abducted in front of his children in Duk Payuel, arrested and detained by rebel forces.
An eyewitness shared that opposition forces started shooting randomly at people in Duk Payuel and warned the civilian to evacuate the town in two hours, promising that otherwise, they would kill anyone who insisted on staying. 34 young girls who were living at the African Soul American Heart orphanage are now being evacuated, although some are still missing.

IMAGES 2 and 3: Though the total number of damaged or destroyed homes in Duk is unknown, at least 10 huts were burned in the area reviewed by DigitalGlobe analysts, who also identified buildings that had been looted between February 9, 2014 and March 5, 2014.

Though the total number of damaged or destroyed homes in Duk is unknown, at least 10 huts were burned in the area reviewed by DigitalGlobe analysts, who also identified buildings that had been looted between February 9, 2014 and March 5, 2014.Even before the latest fighting, an influx of displaced people from other parts of the country had already strained the John Dau Foundation clinic past its capacity and also attracted armed elements from nearby areas. Now, it has been affected by the violence too. In response, clinic founder John Dau issued an open letter to South Sudanese opposition leader and former vice president Riek Machar saying he was “appalled by the widespread destruction of properties and unnecessary harassment of civilians.”
Dau continues:

“I heard that our clinic’s fuel was looted by your men, food for malnourished children taken, medicines, equipment, beds, bed-sheets, doors, solar panels, medical equipment, computers, the clinic ambulance’s tires taken out, utensils, tools, tables, the medicines that cannot be carried by your men were set on fire and all of other essentials that enable the clinic to function have been looted by your soldiers. [...]...The looting and destruction of this neutral medical facility, a clinic for peace is a huge blow to all tribes as our well-kept record shows that all the four major tribes in Jonglei State have benefited from services this clinic has been offering..”

IMAGES 4 and 5: Destruction and looting in Duk Payeul since February 9, 2014.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday Empty Re: A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday

Post by chiki Thu 13 Mar 2014, 20:36

I read this yesterday. Thanks for the link PAN, and thanks  for posting, Mazy

Civilians, clinics, orphans...what's next? Horrible!

Mazy wrote:An eyewitness shared that opposition forces started shooting randomly at people in Duk Payuel and warned the civilian to evacuate the town in two hours, promising that otherwise, they would kill anyone who insisted on staying.

Poor people, I just can't imagine their terror.

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday Empty Re: A report from Satellite Sentinel yesterday

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 Apr 2014, 01:26

Given stories like this from the Washington Post:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am wondering how Satellite Sentinel could or would or will be deployed in this whole sorry mess.................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 14 Apr 2014, 06:28

speechless
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 14 Apr 2014, 10:18

@Mazy..... So horribly sad.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 14 Apr 2014, 15:03

There is so much going on in several hot-spots in different countries I try not to post too much. This is a fun forum I don't want to upset. It is all horrible no matter what place but I still think the Darfuri have it the worst and for the longest also Rwanda.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 14 Apr 2014, 20:01

It disheartens me to know that there are so many on this planet with so little regard for human life and the rights of others to live in peace. A pox on all their houses! If they have their way they will destroy us all.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down