George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney?

+16
Mazy
it's me
LizzyNY
mc
gioia
silly girl
Rachel
Lighterside
party animal - not!
watching
Sevens
LornaDoone
Maggy
Picachu
Nicky80
Katiedot
20 posters

Go down

Where do you think George was during the Oscars?

The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_lcap0%The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_lcap8%The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_lcap58%The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 15 ]
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_lcap23%The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 6 ]
The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_lcap11%The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 26
Back

The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Empty The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney?

Post by Katiedot Mon 03 Mar 2014, 06:10

So, George Clooney was a no-show at this year's Academy Awards.  But where do you think he was?  Thought I'd do a fun thread so kudos goes to the person with the wittiest answer.

[For those who wanted a serious answer to this question, here's a copy of the comments we made on other threads for his whereabouts tonight]

annemarie wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:He seems to be hanging around LA. Is it possible he's presenting at the Oscars?

He is not attending the Oscars he has said he will be working in London.

LizzyNY wrote:Annemarie - I know what he said, but things change - and he never said what he would be working on in London, so maybe he postponed "it" for a few days so he could stay in LA and see some of his friends while they're there for the awards.

silly girl wrote:He said it on....I think Letterman.....although  I thought I also heard him say Spain in one interview....so it may be just a line....

Butterfly wrote:Yes, I remember, Letterman asked him if he would attend the Oscars, and G replied no because he will be working in London. The video from Letterman is somewhere on this forum.

melbert wrote:from a different thread where this is being discussed too.

"theminis wrote:
Nope you didn't imagine it Watching, George did say that - now heres the tricky bit I can't remember on what thread we posted it - but yes to London he goes."

I have my doubts that he's off to London to work. I think he made that statement for some privacy and down time. He knew he wasn't going to the Oscars and rather than say "why should I go when I wasn't nominated for anything?" he opted to say he would be in London working. We know Tomorrowland has wrapped, so it would be a new project. He may be going to be with Amal, maybe not.

Nicky80 wrote:it was in this thread about his London visit and not attending the Oscars

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 03 Mar 2014, 07:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more voting options to poll)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Empty Re: The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney?

Post by Nicky80 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 06:38

I think he was at home watching it  Concentrating
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney? Empty Re: The 2014 Oscars - where was George Clooney?

Post by Picachu Mon 03 Mar 2014, 06:42

At home toasting Gravity wins with good old Casamigos with friends
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 03 Mar 2014, 06:47

Shaving Eins so they can match.  Very Happy 
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 03 Mar 2014, 07:32

In London with ...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 03 Mar 2014, 08:28

So only me voting for on the plane? Thinking of "Up in the Air"? Very Happy 
I really believe he would fly to London to be with Amal. Remember the timeline: we didn't know about the White House screening at all when he was at Letterman Show, then he surprisingly brought Amal there as his date, then all the media covered that romance later, then he went to another show saying he would be in Spain.
No one would link him being in London with dating Amal after the Letterman Show, until last week he really had a reason to stop everyone's speculating by saying it's Spain. But he didn't do it outright by denying the rumors again.So here comes the myth.
Maybe they did change the plan and will be in Spain together! Very Happy

Last edited by Sevens on Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:44; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 03 Mar 2014, 09:39

It's also possible that he wasn't sure where he'd be. The man travels so much, does he really memorise his schedule day by day?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 03 Mar 2014, 10:18

I do like this tweet....

MomsWatchAwards ‏@MomsWatchAwards
George Clooney is busy looking handsome on Lake Como and anticipating his next 25-year-old. #Oscars
7 hours ago
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:32

Wouldn't surprise me if the 'London' or 'Spain' thing was deliberate. Caught on the hop a bit on Letterman - but recovered later to confuse everyone. Who can blame him?

He's done loads of red carpets recently, and for someone who, I think, regards them as a necessary evil, why do it if you don't have to?

Could be in Sudan for all we know............

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:39

@PAN...I agree and one thing he's probably very aware of is the danger of over exposure. Sometimes it's better to just stay home once in a while!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:47

Katiedot wrote:It's also possible that he wasn't sure where he'd be.  The man travels so much, does he really memorise his schedule day by day?
Right. It's been a month since Letterman Show.Anything can happen.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:52

He said he has been at home for maybe 2 weeks in the past year and he needs to take a break to be at home and catch up with friends and family.
The man is tiered after all that work, he is not getting younger and don't forget his back.
He doesn't like complaining, he said no one wants to hear you complaining but I'm sure last year and beginning this year has been a hard time for him.
He also said he had workers at home because he had some changes done and renovated.
So I hope he is at home relaxing, enjoying his home.  flower
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 03 Mar 2014, 18:01

So funny that the Daily Mail says "Exclusive" on this when all it is a rehash of the original sighting....plus "a source says he is working in London"...guess our intrepid reporter has been reading the boards again....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by gioia Mon 03 Mar 2014, 18:20

at my house! eheh  Wink 

gioia
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mc Mon 03 Mar 2014, 18:51

@Gioia  LOL! !!!

mc
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 03 Mar 2014, 23:50

I just hope wherever he is, he's getting a chance to rest and"reboot". We all know it won't be long before he's working his butt off again - if he isn't already.

Just an aside, I wonder if he contacted Sandy Bullock after the Oscars. It seemed like Gravity won almost every category but hers, and at one point, after she lost, the camera caught her looking like she was almost in tears. I felt really bad for her, because Gravity was probably the performance of her career in the role of a lifetime. She was amazing.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 04 Mar 2014, 00:01

I agree, and the work she put in on that was simply incredible.

I'm sure His Nibs would be on the phone at almost every stage, especially as he's been absent for understandable reasons of late, but as she said at the Golden Globes in response to an interviewer's comment about Tina Fey's comment, he calls her all the time...

(I also remember her saying that it would be good for him to be left alone for a little while, and that it was tricky if you didn't like the latest girlfriend, but if you did, it was great fun so she's looking out for him too I think)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Mar 2014, 00:07

hope no Sudan
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 04 Mar 2014, 01:51

it's me wrote:hope no Sudan

We won't even think in those terms, please no. Hopefully none of those hot spots he can do that kind of work from a phone. I pray every night about all those things he could be doing. XXX
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 04 Mar 2014, 14:50

PAN - I think all his real friends look out for him like that all the time. I remember Grant saying in an interview that they are all very protective of him.

I've often wondered what went through his mind when he first made the decision to go to Sudan. He has so many people financially dependent on him - all the way from Stan to household help, to the crews on his films and his security people - I could go on and on . I wonder if he considered the effect on them if anything - God forbid - should happen to him.(Not to mention the effect on his friends and family.) At this point I think he's had enough experience in the area to know when it's safe to be there - at least I hope so.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 04 Mar 2014, 14:55

You know there are a lot of ppl in Sudan, aid workers etc.. it's just life, but not as we know it. It has always been harder for ppl at home, very hard.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 04 Mar 2014, 15:23

WWHS -I do understand that it is always very hard for people at home to be left behind when their loved ones are in harm's way.I was just wondering if the fact that George has so many people financially dependent on him affects the decisions he makes.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Mar 2014, 15:29

hope he can relax soon about this too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 04 Mar 2014, 19:50

I must say, I love the results of this poll! 63% of us imagined him at home in his jammies (was I the only one picturing him in burgundy silk?) but another 12% have him at home shaving his dog. Seriously ladies, what are you smoking?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 04 Mar 2014, 22:04

Lol shaving his dog.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 04 Mar 2014, 23:29

LizzyNY wrote:WWHS -I do understand that it is always very hard for people at home to be left behind when their loved ones are in harm's way.I was just wondering if the fact that George has so many people financially dependent on him affects the decisions he makes.

@ Lizzy Absolutely agree with you.

I think the future of the SSP, and what would become of that, would also influence decisions.

What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 05 Mar 2014, 02:08

what would he say wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:WWHS -I do understand that it is always very hard for people at home to be left behind when their loved ones are in harm's way.I was just wondering if the fact that George has so many people financially dependent on him affects the decisions he makes.

@ Lizzy Absolutely agree with you.

I think the future of the SSP, and what would become of that, would also influence decisions,
and what about our service-members who go off to Godforsaken places for our freedom who leave large families at home that are dependent on the pitiful wage they make while serving. Or the cop or fireman in your local community who has a family who rely on their pay. I know what you're saying Lizzy and WWHS, I really do, but many people put themselves in harm's way EACH AND EVERY DAY and don't even think twice about the good that they do every day...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 05 Mar 2014, 02:28

He was probably working .  Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 05 Mar 2014, 19:46

@Melbert - I truly do appreciate and do what I can to support the people you mentioned. They are unsung heroes, IMO and are due all the honor and support we can give them.

We just happened to be talking about George here. I am not equating him with people who put their lives in harm's way every day, just wondering what goes through his mind when he makes decisions to enter situations that could be harmful.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 05 Mar 2014, 20:21

hope he is fine
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 06 Mar 2014, 01:11

Lizzy, what I was getting at is that I don't think that George really thinks about that. He is doing something that he is passionate about. Certainly he takes safety very seriously, but if he, or any of the other people I mentioned truly THOUGHT about what they were doing, I'm afraid a lot of things would be left undone.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 06 Mar 2014, 03:52

Melbert - You may be right - I don't know. It's just that he has such a strong sense of responsibility, such a passion for doing the right thing, that I can't help but think that he considers the effect his actions will have on the people in his life. That doesn't mean that he won't do what he feels he should - just that it isn't an easy decision.

I think most people who do dangerous jobs are well aware of the effect it has on their loved ones. To go ahead anyway is often an agonizing decision, but they feel compelled to do what they think is right. God bless them for their willingness to serve others, no matter the cost to themselves.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 06 Mar 2014, 12:10

Melbert, for a second I thought someone posted using my ID because that was my avatar for the first couple of years here! LOL

LOVE LOVE LOVE motorcycle George!!!  Give hearts 
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 06 Mar 2014, 13:16

THAT'S why it looked so familiar! Sorry, didn't mean to take us off topic.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 06 Mar 2014, 16:33

Oops... Embarassed  Sorry, didn't mean to take us off topic! Just reacting to that gorgeous shot of George! LOL
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 06 Mar 2014, 23:35

I really think that George has been working on setting up trusts or other ways to secure some funding for his most important causes; as he most likely has for some of his closest and dearest. He's not one to over indulge someone that's capable to advance them-self but there are some that might need his assistance. With all the traveling he does and being the responsible person that he is, I'm sure he has all his paper work in order.

We cannot judge (not that we should judge him) George by his "love life" or by his playfulness he is a man that plans ahead. When he travels to certain areas he can doing it with a clear head because he does take steps just in the event of... A lot of his playfulness is for someone else's benefit or a pressure valve, it does not always mean he's happy go lucky at the time.

My opinion is that George is a very intelligent and capable person and thinks things through completely and leaves as little to chance as possible. Just look how he does things saving to pay cash for homes and whatever else he needs. I feel like some of the things that he does are like he's setting things up for himself when he cannot do as much. He's not a dare-devil but he would not let apprehension stop him from going wherever he feels he needs to. I don't for one minute think that his "persona," is the person.

No I'm not his housekeeper or such (ha ha, wish) just my feelings about who he is.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 07 Mar 2014, 01:08

Mazy - I think you read my mind. I hadn't thought in terms of trusts, etc. but you're probably right about that. I think your assessment of his character is spot on, and you're absolutely right, the persona is not the person. Beautifully said!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down