George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Interview CLARIN - February 2014 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Interview CLARIN - February 2014 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Interview CLARIN - February 2014 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Interview CLARIN - February 2014 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Interview CLARIN - February 2014 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Interview CLARIN - February 2014 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Interview CLARIN - February 2014 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Interview CLARIN - February 2014 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Interview CLARIN - February 2014 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Interview CLARIN - February 2014

5 posters

Go down

Interview CLARIN - February 2014 Empty Interview CLARIN - February 2014

Post by erik23 Sun 23 Feb 2014, 16:10

send
print
George Clooney : " I will not remarry or have children "
Besides talking about his personal life, explains why directed, produced and starred in " Operation Monument " on the recovery of art stolen by the Nazis .

RELATED
A seductive unpaired
Men of the monuments , the real story
The Oscar . "I never thought about it "
more
could interest
George Clooney
02/23/2014
By Paul Sheehan
George Clooney does not get angry often , but when it does it care . The Oscar -winning actor turned pale when the Internet exploded into rumors that his new film - Monument - operation was in trouble because the release date was postponed several months , until February de2014 . Clooney wrote and produced the film in collaboration with his friend Grant Hesloy and plays the dual role of director and star .

While promoting Agosto, who produced , Clooney took time to clarify the reasons for the change and talked about making movies compete for Oscar , aging and its reputation as a womanizer .

What is "Operation Monument "?

It is the fascinating true story of Allied soldiers who stole famous works of art that had been Nazis. I hope people will remember these great war epics that were made earlier films like The Guns of Navarone .

It seems less bleak than other films he has directed , as " State Secrets " and " Good Night, and Good Luck ."

It 's true. These films had a certain cynicism , a tone that was darker than lighter. I wanted to see if I could make something that would appeal to a wider audience , and I think there's something for almost everyone. Are Matt Damon , Cate Blanchett , John Goodman ...

What remained so faithful to the real story ?

We wanted to add some lighter moments and conflict , so we changed the names . So we say the film is "inspired by " the real story instead of being a dramatized documentary. But I would think that after seeing the movie going public with an idea of what really happened.

Have you always thought star in the film along with produce and write together and direct it ?

Yes Being on both sides of the camera is a lot of work , but I liked the idea of ​​playing the man.

Are you worried about the epic nature of the film?

It was awesome to have such a high budget film the Allied landings in Normandy and the battle scenes . I am proud to have completed filming on time and keeping me $ 5 million under budget .

Seems to pass without pause from one project to another, star in " Gravity", producing "August" and now do it all in "Operation Monument" .

Not true . Yes , I love working , but I also know rest.

So is spending the summer at his home in Italy?

I try to get everything I can , and I like that people will have fun . That's why I have the rule of no phones. The world does not need to see pictures of my vacation.

Neither the person leaving .

That fascination with my love life is amazing. I say again and again that I will never marry again or have children , but people will not believe me . I like my life as it is .

Is it difficult to maintain privacy with so many social media ?

I have learned that it is better to send a letter to an e -mail if you want things to remain private . Moreover, writing on paper is something that makes you think.

So we will not soon see on Facebook or Twitter ?

These are things that allow one to speak without thinking about what it says. That would get me in so much trouble .

Many people admire the way you live your life. Who do you admire ?

For me, Brad Pitt does well . We know nothing of a whole part of it. That's what we need to do to survive in this part of life save for oneself.

Do you feel less pressure regarding making movies now that I won an Oscar ?

I'm not sure. When you win , people start to have expectations on you. Let us honor the couple is very important and makes me want to live the faith with me .

Have you ever worried that his political positions impair your film career ?

I know you hurt my film career political career of my father. When he ran to Congress, his opponent 's campaign focused on me. My father lost , but says he has no regrets . We all need to participate as we can.

Is why it works so attract attention on the situation in Darfur?

I do what I can . My father was a journalist and taught me to delve into a topic to speak with some authority. It's what I did with Darfur , and I like to think I've helped others learn something.

In what sense the political and social activism has changed ?

By learning about the issues that affect so many in the world , I think I have a better perspective of my life. I am aware that , whatever my concerns are trivial compared to so many people.

Do you think the public image we have of George Clooney looks like the real?

I started in television, where you get to the houses of people every week. Many programs before I have the chance to get to ER , which made me go from being a guy who people vaguely recognized to be someone whose name everyone knows.

After so many years must be used to the attention.

I've learned not to let that influences me . No matter what people say about me who do not know. What matters is what they think about my friends and family, and so far I keep returning calls .

Have you turned fifty generated some concern?

People think you should worry about aging in terms of my career. Luckily , it soon became apparent that my destiny was not to be an action star , so do not have to worry so much about my appearance . I hear say I 'm getting very gray , but I can not imagine dying my hair. My father has all white hair and I think it looks great.

It is many things : actor , director , producer, writer. How do you combine all that?

I have found that when you have passion for something, as it happens to me to make films - it is time to spend . I am fortunate to work at something I love to do.

Traductor de Google para empresas:Google Translator ToolkitTraductor de sitios web

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 23 Feb 2014, 19:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nicky: edit date in the title an bold the questions)

erik23
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Interview CLARIN - February 2014 Empty Re: Interview CLARIN - February 2014

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Feb 2014, 16:23

Hi Erik, also here could you provide the link to the original article? Thanks.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Sunshine Sun 23 Feb 2014, 18:37

Hi, I think this is the Link to the interview.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Miss Sunshine
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Feb 2014, 19:31

Thanks and also thanks erik23 for the translation.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 23 Feb 2014, 19:57

Thanks Erik  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 24 Feb 2014, 04:24