George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George on relationships and paintings EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George on relationships and paintings EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George on relationships and paintings EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George on relationships and paintings EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George on relationships and paintings EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George on relationships and paintings EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George on relationships and paintings EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George on relationships and paintings EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George on relationships and paintings EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George on relationships and paintings

+2
silly girl
mosaic
6 posters

Go down

George on relationships and paintings Empty George on relationships and paintings

Post by mosaic Sun 16 Feb 2014, 14:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sunday, 16 February 2014
George Clooney wants happiness

George Clooney is looking for ''happiness, peacefulness and joy''.

The 'Gravity' actor was mocked by Tina Fey at the Golden Globe awards over his penchant for younger women insists he is getting ''wiser'' as he grows older, but still has the same priorities he has always had.

Discussing the joke, he said: ''Yes I did hear and I heard everybody laughing very hard too.

''All I will say is we get wiser as we get older. And that what I am looking for in life is the same as I always have; happiness, peacefulness and joy. And that's all I'm going to say about that because otherwise I'd get into trouble.''

George - whose latest movie, 'The Monuments Men' follows an Allied group who try and save pieces of art and other items of cultural importance before their destruction by Adolf Hitler - has filled his home with pictures and paintings that make the place feel ''warm'', rather than splashing out on expensive pieces of art.

He told Britain's Hello! magazine: ''I do have paintings on my wall which I love and are incredibly important to me, but for personal reasons not because they're expensive.

''I have a picture of a rainy Paris street scene which I bought when I was 33 and on my first trip to Paris. I got past it when I go upstairs every night and it reminds me of that trip and makes me happy.

''I bought a painting in Madrid on my first trip there too and a lot of people say, 'Well it's not the greatest painting' and I say, 'It is to me'.

''OK, you can look at a beautiful painting and say, 'That's beautiful' but to me, it feels warmer to fill my home with pictures of friends and family and paintings of places I've gone. That's what I want to come home to.''

~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps George has turned a corner...

I totally agree with the paintings--have stuff that surrounds you because it pleases you, not because someone else decides its value or beauty.   Cool

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

George on relationships and paintings Empty Re: George on relationships and paintings

Post by silly girl Sun 16 Feb 2014, 14:35

So true....art is subjective...

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George on relationships and paintings Empty Re: George on relationships and paintings

Post by it's me Sun 16 Feb 2014, 16:43

George Clooney is looking for ''happiness, peacefulness and joy

I like it
and I like it more he said something I love it's important to me
not because others say it's beautiful per se
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Sun 16 Feb 2014, 17:03

''I have a picture of a rainy Paris street scene which I bought when I was 33 and on my first trip to Paris. I got past it when I go upstairs every night and it reminds me of that trip and makes me happy.

This would be when he met Celine Balitran?

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 16 Feb 2014, 17:11

I have loads of signed prints of the place I love to be.....
by the sea in West Wales.
If I have a space on my wall I fill it !

I don't think George has turned a corner. He said he's looking for what he's always looked for....and still loves a painting of Paris from when he was 33.
I think there are many things about George that haven't changed because he's well grounded in his family and long term close friends.
He seems to have the "loyalty gene" too which I really like in a person.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 16 Feb 2014, 17:14

Yes me too.  Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 16 Feb 2014, 18:19

mosaic wrote:

This would be when he met Celine Balitran?

I don't believe they knew each other for 2 years before he moved her here. In '94 he was 33 and they didn't start "dating" until '96.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Sun 16 Feb 2014, 20:08

Thanks, melbert. I knew it was around this time period that he met her, but unsure of the year. I thought I had read that he met her the first time he had gone to Paris, so my bad.

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down