George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland

+14
chiki
Katiedot
LornaDoone
melbert
Carla97
party animal - not!
Pipirubia
lelacorb
Maggy
Mazy
theminis
Butterfly
it's me
silly girl
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland

Post by Carla97 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 18:18

You are absolutely right Butterfly. I´m not sure either, for the very same reason.

He wore the shirt, that´s for sure. Explanation? He seems to be far too important to give one...I don´t know. Confusing. What I do hope is that it´s not political hack.
Some camouflage for something else.

As I have already said I don´t like it, but also know almost nothing about it. I did speak about Ukraine situation a little while ago with a russian (work related), and he asked me after my monologue
"Did you buy the mouthwash yet?" That´s the attitude some people have, just saying.

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Arrives in Valencia For Tomorrowland

Post by Butterfly Mon 20 Jan 2014, 18:39

Carla, don't listen to your Russian colleague - he is rude.  pirat I'm firm believer in freedom, especially freedom of speech. We should be able to talk freely about anything!  Smile 

My guess is that George is wearing the T-shirt "Free Julia" because he is supporting Ukraine in general and she is the symbol. Also, Amnesty International (AI) is supporting Julia T. However, I did not research deeply into her trial to understand whether AI is right.
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 20 Jan 2014, 18:44

Agreed, Butterfly, and he does know quite a lot about the situation

Can't find that particular T-shirt anywhere - others, yes, but not that one

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 20 Jan 2014, 18:49

(20/01/14)
George Clooney revolutionizes Valencia

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney is in Valencia. The actor is immersed in the filming of 'Tomorrowland', the sci-fi blockbuster Disney to be held in the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia and will share the stage with Hugh Laurie ('House Doctor' to the rest of his life), he reached the hotel half an hour before Clooney.

With them came another 150 people procecentes Vancouver, where the film takes several months running. Working in Valencia will focus on the next ten days and three scenes of the film there will be recorded, which also involved Raffey Cassidy, a young talent who at 11 has already worked with Johnny Depp and Charlize Theron in 'Dark Shadows' and 'Snow White and the Huntsman', respectively.The girl came with her family and she also landed in Valencia Brit Robertson, who at age 24 has already appeared in important series like CSI.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Mon 20 Jan 2014, 18:53

Thanks Mazy!  Hello! But...isn't this picture of him arriving in Vancouver? Or is he simply dressed in the same way ?
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 20 Jan 2014, 18:56

It's not Valencia....he has a different travel bag,no double layers and is wearing a
leather jacket.....Love It !...... in picture on page 1.

Nice picture though ! Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 20 Jan 2014, 19:06

George will be happy in Valencia, this is a fantastic city, eat well and drink better, the city for George....but Valdo what will do there?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:13

Carla97 wrote:You are absolutely right Butterfly. I´m not sure either, for the very same reason.

He wore the shirt, that´s for sure. Explanation? He seems to be far too important to give one...I don´t know. Confusing. What I do hope is that it´s not political hack.
Some camouflage for something else.

As I have already said I don´t like it, but also know almost nothing about it. I did speak about Ukraine situation a little while ago with a russian (work related), and he asked me after my monologue
"Did you buy the mouthwash yet?" That´s the attitude some people have, just saying.

Let me apologize in advance as I do not want to come across harsh/rude or something like that. But what you wrote above is contracting. How can you dislike something if you do not know almost nothing about it (If you really meant what you wrote). I think this is the problem today. Everyone is joining a conversation which maybe should not be joined if the knowledge is not up to the level it should be.

I'm sure George as a public figure did lot's of research to get to the opinion to wear that T-shirt. Maybe everyone who doesn't like it should do the same research. And if you still don't like then at least you can say why as you got the knowledge.

There is a saying in German which is called "knowledge is power" not sure if the translation gives the same meaning LOL But I guess you all get it.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:18

Joanna wrote:It's not Valencia....he has a different travel bag,no double layers and is wearing a
leather jacket.....Love It !...... in picture on page 1.

Nice picture though ! Lol

Leather Jacket   Shocked  I love it when George wears a leather Jacket but the pic below it looks more like a regular jacket no? Did I miss the leather Jacket LOL

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:29

To be honest I didn't look that closely at the picture, it is the one that came with the article and I never edit something that isn't my own. Sorry xxx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Pipirubia Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:31

Really hathaross!!!!.
Amazing!!!. Is three any photo about george in Bilbao? . I've never found it!.

I could know him, when he arrived in Madrid for the premiere of three Kings.
Just once minute of conversation!!!.

Amazing!!!. I will never forget it!!
Pipirubia
Pipirubia
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:32

That's the jacket featured in the photoshoot at the same time I think as the CBS programme on his tennis/basketball court in LA...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:35

Nicky I understand what you think I don't. Maybe you misconstrued a post I made.

But it´s my fault, I wrote it. And I do agree with your point about the research.
And other saying in German "Andere Länder, andere Sitten"  Very Happy 

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:37

party animal - not! wrote:That's the jacket featured in the photoshoot at the same time I think as the CBS programme on his tennis/basketball court in LA...

Ok the Jacket in the photoshoot in Press Junket is a leather Jacket. If it's the same jacket then it must be the way the picture was taken. The Jacket looks so dull in the pic on his arrival.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:39

It's true Carla that every country has it's own customs. So no one should be put down for the customs of their own land.

So, can we get back to George in Valencia?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:42

canduiza wrote:Really hathaross!!!!.
Amazing!!!. Is three any photo about george in Bilbao? . I've never found it!.

I could know him, when he arrived in Madrid for the premiere of three Kings.
Just once minute of conversation!!!.

Amazing!!!. I will never forget it!!

You met him!!?????  Shocked   Shocked   Very Happy Very Happy 

So you are from Bilbao, right Very Happy

I was too young when he came to that premiere. When he came to Madrid for the Solaris premiere... I guess I was too young too Laughing 

No.. there is no any photo... I read in a newspaper about the Gugemheim. The said he was but nobody knew it. They asked him about a guide visit... but he didn´t want it, and also to sign the book for famous personalities of the Gugemheim (I dont know if he did it) I guess he wanted to enjoy the museum alone (with friends) and nobody bother him.

Last edited by hathaross on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 23:32; edited 1 time in total
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 20 Jan 2014, 22:05

hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Jan 2014, 22:06

Mel
where do come from your avatars???
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pipirubia Mon 20 Jan 2014, 23:11

Unbelievable hathaross!!!.
Sorry But I don't know how to answer to your question with your text above in grey. Can anyone help me?
Pipirubia
Pipirubia
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 20 Jan 2014, 23:29

In "quote" in each post do you have two black squares
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 20 Jan 2014, 23:57

Could we keep the conversation to George in Valencia. Other conversation about what he wears and the signifcance can be started in another thread.

Thanks.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Jan 2014, 02:52

Ok, just got these videos from Henway. Apologies if they're repeats:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Tue 21 Jan 2014, 07:34

I'm trying to delete this, how can I do it? Anyone knows? I only find edit button, thanks Smile

Last edited by chiki on Tue 21 Jan 2014, 08:38; edited 1 time in total

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Tue 21 Jan 2014, 08:32

LANDING IN VALENCIA

Clooney and Laurie, victims of 'jet lag'

The two protagonists of 'Tomorrowland' spend in the hotel the first day and avoid going to the trials of a movie that begins filming today

Hugh Laurie at The Westin, Valencia

VALENCIA. For now it is meeting the planned agenda. Like clockwork. "Everything is perfectly organized," says a member of the Spanish team. More than 150 people have come to the city of Valencia in the U.S. delegation to participate in the filming of Tomorrowland, Brad Bird film. They were added to the more than two hundred who in one way or another, part of the local team.

George Clooney arrived in Valencia on a private jet and was greeted at the ladder by passengers on other flights that found him. The actor answered to the people met with a smiling "thank you" in castilian, many in English, shook hands with three people who  turned  to him and even allowed a few jokes with the ground crew.

Some members of the party have done accompanied by his family. This is the case of Hugh Laurie, the British interpreter educated at Eton and Cambridge, which has come to Valencia with his wife, Jo Green, who is married to since 1989. With her happened Monday morning inside the Westin, where the main performers and technicians of the film are housed, and dined around ten in the evening in the hotel's inner courtyard outdoors.
Both Laurie and the rest of the team are enjoying what they consider a 'summer weather'. "Compared to Vancouver, are delighted and yesterday [on Sunday] was one in shirtsleeves," related a Spanish team member.

The agenda was flexible to the two main protagonists. Clooney and Laurie not finally came at four in the afternoon at the City of Arts and Sciences, where they had to engage in some preliminary experiments. Those that attended the event were the child actors in the film, Britt Robertson and young children Raffey Cassidy and Thomas Robinson.

Whether it was the jet lag or the accumulated fatigue six months of filming and constant travel, the case is that both just weren't showed up. "They are in, but not," said a hotel employee to a host. So much so that the few onlookers who came to the Westin desist immediately from their unsuccessful attempts to see them.

WORKING DAY ENDED WITH SUNLIGHT

The workday ended at six in the evening, with sunset. At that time Bird and cinematographer Claudio Miranda Chile, returned to the Westin. The whole team looks at the sky, because in Valencia three full sequences will be shot and only one will be 'cover', the rest outdoors. Weather forecast speaks of light rain Wednesday morning.

Another issue of concern is the noise they can make the operators engaged in removing the trencadís the Palau de les Arts. In principle, the filmmakers wanted to take direct sound recording, but coincide in time with the shots dismantling works, so would have to re-double after scenes Valencia.

Laurie is only for four days in the city. Clooney will stay until the end, he is forced to shoot most of the sequences of a film that is absolute protagonist. Tomorrowland is one of the great Disney bets for next year. It is an example of the new kind of shoots that are driven from the United States. Today the Hollywood studios used to record TV shows, while the big-budget feature films are shot in different parts of the world.

Claudio Miranda giving indications on Monday in Valencia.

The arrival in Valencia Tomorrowland was initiated by production designer Scott Chambliss, who is since the last week in the city. On Monday the ringleaders were the cinematographer, Miranda, who won an Oscar and, of course, the director, Brad Bird, who devoted themselves to prepare the first shots in the City of Arts and Sciences.

On Tuesday the first recordings will start, if it was okay to continue testing planned costume and makeup. The call will be early in the morning from eight until daylight runs out. Technicians continue to work at night. To make sure that nothing affects the daily life of the smallest interpreters, between ten caravans that make up the entourage of the film, there is one dedicated as a school.

SAY NO TO PHOTOS WITH POLITICIANS

The stay of Tomorrowland team in Valencia is strictly professional and so they have sent to the members of the Valencia Government who have contacted Disney to raise a possible visit to the set. Since Disney has rejected that possibility and who insist that they are in town for work. The intention is that in a fortnight left no trace of their presence only in Valencia.

The number of onlookers who have approached the Westin has been reduced in quantity and in time. Just a few minutes until the desist because of the little movement around the building. In fact, the main protagonists of the film entering and leaving the hotel for parking. But in social networks the amount of tweets and posts that had the leitmotif film or Clooney were the most varied.
Many of the performers in the film have come to Valencia with their families. As explained from production, unlike Vancouver, which is better known and less 'exotic' for Americans, the city of Valencia and Spain in general are very attractive for them.

MONTEOLIVETE BRIDGE WILL BE CLOSED

The shooting of the blockbuster cause over the coming days and road traffic settings in the city. In fact, Monteolivete Bridge, near the complex designed by Santiago Calatrava, will be closed into several slots from 23 to 29 January.

Specifically, the cuts will take place on 23 07.00 to 18.30; 24 from 07.00 to 21.00, 07.00 and 25 to 01.30. On this last day, also the lighting off the bridge and section of the party's front Hemisfèric be specified as forward Europa Press.

Also, on January 27, the bridge will be closed from 16.00 to 02.00 hours, the same schedule that provided the 28th. Finally, 29 the court is scheduled from 16.00 to 23.00.

As spanish I have to say thanks to Disney for not allow to corrupt politicians (specially from Valencia) make profit from this. It would be really discusting finding pictures of that bunch of thieves, smiling with Hollywood stars, after having pillaged the city coffers. (sorry, had to say!)  Evil or Very Mad 
And I suppose no one is interested in the traffic on the Monteolivete bridge, but it's part of the article Very Happy

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pipirubia Tue 21 Jan 2014, 08:44

hathaross wrote:In "quote" in each post do you have two black squares

Thank you! Very Happy 
Pipirubia
Pipirubia
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 09:13

Thanks Chiki for the video of his arrival. That's funny that people were by accident standing there from another flight. Lucky people. hahaha George is always so nice   Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:18

Very lucky people, I never had that kind of luck!  Very Happy 
Yes, he's very nice, must be tired, but he always has a smile for everyone.  Give Flowers

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:54

Lovely looking hotel.....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 21 Jan 2014, 11:41

chiki wrote:As spanish I have to say thanks to Disney for not allow to corrupt politicians (specially from Valencia) make profit from this. It would be really discusting finding pictures of that bunch of thieves, smiling with Hollywood stars, after having pillaged the city coffers. (sorry, had to say!) Evil or Very Mad

Thumbs up! Thumbs up! I thought the same. Sure some of them are looking forward to meet him, specially the ladies, but I hope Disney don´t let them.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 20:52

Thanks for the new pictures. That's great  Very Happy 

But shouldn't that be a new thread? It is a new day and new sighting????? Anyway, thanks for sharing.  Thumbs up! He is concentrating .....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Jan 2014, 04:02

Nicky80 wrote:Thanks for the new pictures. That's great   Very Happy 

But shouldn't that be a new thread? It is a new day and new sighting????? Anyway,  thanks for sharing.   Thumbs up! He is concentrating .....  
 Yes, please guys, a new thread for each new sighting of George (new location).  And all sightings in the news section.  A million thanks!

I've just moved the pictures from here to the thread with George on set.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 22 Jan 2014, 12:52

Yes, thanks to everyone who is providing pictures and videos...GREAT JOB!  cheers 
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2