George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
January Chit Chat EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
January Chit Chat EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
January Chit Chat EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
January Chit Chat EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
January Chit Chat EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
January Chit Chat EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
January Chit Chat EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
January Chit Chat EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
January Chit Chat EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

January Chit Chat

+17
Carla97
it's me
Joanna
party animal - not!
Lighterside
theminis
melbert
LornaDoone
Katiedot
Nicky80
Maggy
pattygirl
Lakin460
amaretti
silly girl
fava
What Would He Say
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

January Chit Chat Empty January Chit Chat

Post by LornaDoone Wed 01 Jan 2014, 04:19

It's time!

Okay from the skinny fat girl diary - how to whiten your teeth for $1.99

http://www.skinnyfatgirldiary.com/2012/07/

Dear Diary,

Tis the season for coral, orange and red lips. You can’t open an US weekly without spotting a celebrity pout in a warm hue. #orangelipstrending. As Jackie mentioned in her summer lip fun article-it completes a look and it makes getting ready…so easy!

I’m all for jumping on this trend train, though, I can’t stop myself from cringing when a girl smiles with her 50 shades of eggshell teeth. I’m not judging, I mean I get it, I’m caffeine’s biggest fan. Sadly, most caffeinated beverages don’t come in a lovely shade of clear. Then… enter red wine, how do you say no to a bold Syrah with a hint of both cherry and chocolate…Ummm, you don’t. Sadly, our little indulgences that make us happy don’t support dazzling pearly whites and we can’t all afford zoom whitening when we want to brighten up our teeth …So there are a couple of steps I take to avoid the ”mental” car jerking sound when I open my mouth.

When Crest White Strips first came out, we all bought them and tried to put that flimsy strip on our teeth. I, diligently followed the directions with the gusto of a stage mom for the first 4 days. Then somehow, Crest and I fell out of love. One too many strips became a crumbled ball and the $40 dollars for 25 strips might have had something to do with. Once again, the wanna be chemist in me decided to see what exactly was in these strips. Wouldn’t you know, the main ingredient is hydrogen peroxide and is available for less than $3.00 at your local CVS.

So every night and morning after I drink my coffee (always use a straw!!!) I gurgle for 45 seconds with hydrogen peroxide, don’t swallow it and use mouthwash after because the taste isn’t super. The price is though and my teeth are definitely whiter. If you have a big event coming up or noticed your teeth becoming an unacceptable off white color, grab baking soda and brush on your teeth for 1-2 mins, and then rinse with warm water.

The strips do work, but like working out you don’t always do it. Swishing for 45 seconds, now that is something you can do, without making excuses. I’m just saying.

I should have added, if you can find food grade hydrogen peroxide that would be better than using the drug store type.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

January Chit Chat Empty Re: January Chit Chat

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Jan 2014, 08:19

Oh dear God, are they seriously advocating gargling with hydrogen peroxide? Sure, it's a bleach (it's why it's in hair dye and why the manufacturers are putting it into teeth whitening stuff) but it's a harsh chemical and I'd hate to think what the neat stuff does to your teeth.

Anyway, happy new year and I hope the transition into 2014 was a good one.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

January Chit Chat Empty January Chit Chat

Post by What Would He Say Wed 01 Jan 2014, 11:40

Odd dream alert.......again, so vivid.....

Last night I had a dream about George, he was throwing snow balls at me and laughing very loud, I was laughing too,  He was dressed for skiing but I was only in a shirt... he came over to me and opened his jacket, wrapped me into him....but then pulled me to the ground and rolled down the hill in the snow laughing AND KISSING all the way.... They don't have snow in Cabo ???? scratch
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Jan 2014, 11:51

Hi WWHS: I've moved your off-topic post from the Cabo thread to here.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 01 Jan 2014, 11:56

Thanks Katie ... I considered it ...but still half asleep ....had to get it down before it faded ....dreams are like that.....Have great New Years Day....x
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Jan 2014, 12:15

No worries. I'm taking my hangover to the beach where I'm about to settle down with the new Terry Pratchett on my kindle. Forced myself to wait until after Christmas in case the price dropped, and it has! From £9.99 to £4.99. Also picked up another 11 books in the sale; at 99p each, they're a bargain!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 01 Jan 2014, 12:37

Have yourself a relaxing day reading at the beach Katie...you stinker!  It's frickin' freezing here and we're getting more snow today!  

Happy New Year to everyone! May 2014 bring you good health, your heart's delight and lots of joy.

re: whiter teeth...there's this new trend called "oil pulling" which is supposed to not only whiten your teeth but remove the toxins in your mouth, as well and help you stay healthier too!  I don't know if I could gargle with coconut oil in my mouth for 15-20 minutes but it's becoming the new thing to try.  Some use coconut oil and I've also heard of sesame oil and one other lighter oil, can't remember which one though, saffron maybe, but can't be sure of that one.

Here's some info on it:  Would You Or Wouldn't You: Gargle With Coconut Oil
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 01 Jan 2014, 17:33

I've brushed with coconut oil. It has anti bacterial properties. When you use organic coconut oil it doesn't taste bad. And the dry baking soda also works wells it gently scrubs the teeth.

Also, food grade hydrogen peroxide is what should be used. There are products at Whole Foods that are in the toothpaste aisle that use it. It does whiten teeth. Same stuff as in the tooth whitening strips.

On a different note, I'm reading a book called Finding Ultra by Rich Roll that is very interesting. It's about his journey from being overweight and unhealthy to becoming a world class triathlete at the age of 40 despite being a vegan!

Fascinating because it shows how the human body can heal itself if you give it the right nutrients and you keep it functioning by exercising it on a regular basis.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 01 Jan 2014, 18:10

I find everything about diet and healthy eating very interesting. I don't know if I could be a Vegan. I like meat and it is hard to replace it with something what is easy to cook and taste nice and makes you full. Maybe I will check out the book you read.

Never heard about coconut oil. Interesting.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 01 Jan 2014, 19:00

yes
really interesting
thanks Very Happy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 01 Jan 2014, 22:02

Just came across this one. When you enlarge it you can read it. Too funny. I like that the manager wrote his age down as well LOL. Nice customer service

January Chit Chat Ggg15
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 01 Jan 2014, 22:28

Oh that's cute
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 01 Jan 2014, 23:08

bravo Chris!  Thumbs up! 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 02 Jan 2014, 01:44

Amazing photographs of snowflakes!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaoticmind75/sets/72157626146319517/

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 02 Jan 2014, 08:59

Yes Amazing!

Lorna: Your avatar could be a puppy pic of my dog. Coloring is exactly the same, even around the nose...tan, white paws, blue merle black and grey spots and yeux bleus! Many people are afraid of blue eyes on a dog for some reason.

Is it australian shepherd?
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 02 Jan 2014, 10:47

Love the pictures of snowflakes.
And some folk say there is no God ? Huh.....
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 02 Jan 2014, 14:24

Carla97 wrote:Yes Amazing!

Lorna: Your avatar could be a puppy pic of my dog. Coloring is exactly the same, even around the nose...tan, white paws, blue merle black and grey spots and yeux bleus! Many people are afraid of blue eyes on a dog for some reason.

I was just going to ask that! I have 2 Australian Shepherds (red tri and blue merle). And not to confuse folks, but they are not really from Australia (invented in California I believe).......

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 02 Jan 2014, 14:29

cute puppy and great snowflakes....I like seeing them in pictures but not in person. US having huge winter storms....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 02 Jan 2014, 15:42

fava wrote:
Carla97 wrote:Yes Amazing!

I was just going to ask that!  I have 2 Australian Shepherds (red tri and blue merle).  And not to confuse folks, but they are not really from Australia (invented in California I believe).......

Where I got the picture says it's a Golden Retriever / Husky mix.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 02 Jan 2014, 16:29

I think they might have been guessing based on color combo and eyes.  I'd bet money it's an Australian Shepherd though!

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 02 Jan 2014, 17:10

This is a fabulous web site.
Michael Grab makes sculptures from balancing stones.
Plenty of fascinating photos.

http://www.gravityglue.com/portfolio/
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 02 Jan 2014, 19:27

magic!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 02 Jan 2014, 20:50

fava wrote:I think they might have been guessing based on color combo and eyes.  I'd bet money it's an Australian Shepherd though!

Me too. But it doesn´t matter, it looks cute anyways  Very Happy 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Jan 2014, 14:05

how cute  I love you 

http://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2014/01/03/foto/i_panini_con_i_mostri_un_pap_li_disegna_con_amore-75039408/1/#1

daddy's pic for his kid Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 17:52

silly girl wrote:cute puppy and great snowflakes....I like seeing them in pictures but not in person.  US having huge winter storms....
Saw that in the news today. Looks really COLD. The news said every 3rd American is effected from the storm and the next one is coming. Hope everyone is well and keep warm   Hello!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 03 Jan 2014, 17:58

LA area where I'm located had some seriously thick fog this morning.  I made the mistake of going out in it really early - could not see three feet in front of me.

I heard later a spot I passed ended up with an overturned vehicle and the traffic backed up behind it.  Luckily, I was nowhere near it when it happened.

What I can't figure out is why people drive so fast that they could not possibly stop if something were in the roadway.

As I was leaving my town there were pedestrian crossings that I knew were there but literally could not see them until I was right on them.  And cars were passing me - I just kept praying no one stepped out into that crossing as those cars were speeding past because those drivers would never see them!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 03 Jan 2014, 18:00

It is bitterly cold outside. The snow is pretty much done coming down....it is actually a beautiful looking day with the sun shining etc but it is only 19 degrees not sure what the wind chill is. I already shoveled and now can't move so I am sitting at the computer screen. I think some places are even colder....
I may have to go and take a nap....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 03 Jan 2014, 18:05

Yup silly girl any excuse to take a nap is a good one.

Shoveled some snow - take a nap.

Stubbed my toe - take a nap!

Ha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 18:22

LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 18:27

@ Lorna, agree, speed is always the most cause of accidents. People feel too confident in all situations and don't consider they are judging the weather conditions wrong until an accident happens. Really bad. You better stay away from the roads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 18:29

@SG - 19 degrees??? I guess this is american as 19 degress here would be really warm. What is 19 degrees here?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 18:31

oK got it. It is Degrees Fahrenheit in US and 19 degress is -7 C here. Ok thanks
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 03 Jan 2014, 23:29

Michael Schumacher reaches 45th Birthday in an induced coma.

Story and photos at the link below:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/michael-schumacher-reaches-45th-birthday-comatose-article-1.1565503

GRENOBLE, France -- Michael Schumacher's friends and family took turns by his hospital bed Friday, as fans rallied outside the hospital to support the critically injured Formula One great on his 45th birthday.

Schumacher has been in a medically induced coma since Sunday, when he fell while skiing and struck his head on a rock. His manager, Sabine Kehm, said Friday that his condition remains stable but critical.

The German driver and his family typically celebrate Christmas, New Year and his birthday at their ski house in the French resort of Meribel, where the accident happened.

Instead, they have been keeping watch over the retired champion at his bedside in a Grenoble hospital. And on Friday evening, French investigators seized video footage captured on a helmet camera Schumacher wore during the accident and interviewed his son, who was with the renowed racer during the crash, sources told France24.com.

"They take turns to watch him: Michael's wife, children, his brother," said former Formula One driver, Philippe Streiff, who is one of several members of the F1 community to visit the hospital. "They are very traumatized. It's very upsetting to see that for the family."
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 04 Jan 2014, 00:02

The silent vigil for him at the hospital was very sweet - lots of fans young and old are praying he will be okay - me included
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 04 Jan 2014, 06:33

You'll need to click on the link for the hack, but worth a look-see. Ok, some of these are obvious, some needless (use a comb to store nails???), some are more work than necessary but some are a really great idea:

http://www.viralnova.com/awesome-life-hacks/

2014 Is Going To Be My Year Now That I Know These 89 Genius Solutions To Simple Problems.
January 1, 2014Entertainment

As you go into the New Year, remember that things can be better than previous years. Maybe you’ll get a raise, date someone new or even adopt an adorable pet to welcome into your family. But, if you fail at all of those things (sorry, if you do, but the chances are you may), here are life hacks that you can use to make your 2014 a lot better.

Even if you don’t get a raise.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 04 Jan 2014, 09:01

theminis wrote:The silent vigil for him at the hospital was very sweet - lots of fans young and old are praying he will be okay - me included

Well I´m not a fan, but I do hope he gets better ASAP. He is a good family man.

What I don´t understand is why an earth he was skiing rocky off-piste, when there were pistes on both sides? Beats me. Everybody talks about how bad the snow condition has been in the Alps this holiday season. First no snow and then over nights we got lots of new snow. The most dangerous kind.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 04 Jan 2014, 11:10

loved your 89 Genius Solutions !!! thanks Kat!! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 04 Jan 2014, 15:36

Yes katidot those solutions are great! Thanks for posting the link!

The one that blew me away and makes so much sense is if you need directions.  Don't stop at a gas station, stop at a pizza delivery place!

Of course, knowing me, I'd probably order a pizza to go before I left! HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 04 Jan 2014, 16:27

Yes the link from Katiedot is great. I have to try that with the walnut. And that with the old empty body lotion. And that with the drink at the bar to put the coaster on top. And I loved the idea with the tennis ball. Great   Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 04 Jan 2014, 16:38

great ideas

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 04 Jan 2014, 17:00

Pizza . He he heeeeeee

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 05 Jan 2014, 15:11

Some may have seen the pop up ads for Lift & Glo
Anti Wrinkle solution on your FaceBook pages....or elswhere.
I've not been caught by this scam....some warnings here on Amazon.UK and they may also be on other Amazon sites too.

The Special Offer is a Big Scam so be Warned.

They're Not reviewing the product
.....but the Special Offer adverts.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00CBYUVYS/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_link_3?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=3&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=byRankDescending
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Jan 2014, 18:26

Looks like some scam being generated out of the Czech Republic. Some of those gals are hoping they get their money back.

Best they can do is go to their bank, cancel their account and get new cards.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Jan 2014, 18:31

Just wanted to shout out to anyone facing the frigid weather. The media is saying that some areas may get wind chills factor to minus 70 below zero! (-56 C is what the converter says)

In less than five minutes frost bite can set in! I think our East coast needs to just stay inside.

Here in LA area we're going to be in the 70s. 100 degree difference! (21 or more). But we do have wind advisories and since it's been so dry they're concerned about wild fires.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 06 Jan 2014, 00:54

-56???
oh my God!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Jan 2014, 04:26

God, I've seen the advisories for the east coast. Wrap up warmly everyone and stay inside. Hope all of you are well.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 06 Jan 2014, 09:25

mew too hope weather will soon come to usual degree
and no more lifes lost Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 06 Jan 2014, 09:34

It is 4:30 am here on the East Coast.....we went from freezing cold yesterday morning to what is 54 degrees F at this moment. Ice just fell off my house which woke me up....by Tues we are back to freezing again....oops there is another one....ok I am totally freaked...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:19

stay home if you can
hope you and all can be safety
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 06 Jan 2014, 17:53

Yeah SG keep warm.

16 people died so far in the US. It is in the news here everyday.

In Europe it is way too warm. Crazy world
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next