George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013

+22
Lighterside
lelacorb
NotAvailable
watching
Katiedot
Mazy
Picachu
cupcake
Maggy
What Would He Say
Joanna
LornaDoone
amaretti
Nicky80
Butterfly
Carla97
phys major
silly girl
it's me
melbert
party animal - not!
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013

Post by LornaDoone Sun 22 Dec 2013, 19:43

amaretti wrote: Lorna was there . Cool .

amaretti you always make me smile! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013

Post by Maggy Sun 22 Dec 2013, 20:10

LornaDoone wrote:
melbert wrote:Lorna, you lucky dawg!  You're dating George???!!!!!    Wedding 

why yes mel, that WAS me sitting with my back to the camera!  brahahahaha!!
Wow, you lucky!

Love the hair!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 22 Dec 2013, 20:33

Yes. Her hair is thick & heavy. Beautiful & long. Some women have such hair naturally. True.
Just my intuition, Lornadoone.

Am I not allowed to express mood?

My point was if it's a new romance and he's keeping discreet, spending holidays together, then maybe he found someone he likes already. Maybe this time serious. And well, that's all really.
It might be dinner with friends, though I don't think so...
I could be wrong.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 22 Dec 2013, 21:06

Ocean you are allowed to express whatever you want.  I just don't see though how George dating someone would make you sad.  If as you've said many times in your posts that you hoped he'd be happy.

I just thought it was strange that a snap shot of a second of time automatically made you assume he was dating, and that set off a whole tangent in a thread that's about George sitings in Vancouver into a stealth operation as to whether this woman sitting next to him is some new gal in his life.

And even if he is dating someone - so what?  Is he expected to be celibate now that he's not "going steady" with Stacy?  

I just think we too often jump to conclusions for things that are exactly what they seem, George going out to dinner with either a group of friends or co-workers.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Sun 22 Dec 2013, 22:06

george's hair looks darker or is it just me ? l'm off topic l know lol. He looks very handsome  Cool .
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 22 Dec 2013, 22:41

Probably just the lighting in the room cupcake.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Sun 22 Dec 2013, 22:47

thanks lorna
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 22 Dec 2013, 22:50

hope he had a nice dinner, i love eating out with good company
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 22 Dec 2013, 23:29

I lightened the picture up a bit if that helps. This nothing serious I'm not ready for that. xxx

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 22 Dec 2013, 23:43

Mazy just take deep breaths, deep breaths! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 23 Dec 2013, 00:07

LornaDoone wrote:Mazy just take deep breaths, deep breaths!  :-)

Thanks Lorna just got upset for the minute with some comments as facts missed a whole lot of posts. Back to bed. Thanks xxx
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 23 Dec 2013, 00:11

The picture looks much better, thanks Mazy!

(Am going to take deep breaths now)

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013 - Page 2 Empty Photo: George Clooney at dinner in Vancouver 18 Dec 2013

Post by ... Mon 23 Dec 2013, 01:06

I didn't state anything as facts, Mazy.
Just that I wondered.
I  thought he's with AA in this photo in Vancouver by her hair & arms. Yes, many women look like that from behind. Indeed...
Could be anyone & any situation.

Impression I got from inner feeling. That's all.
Never mind...

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 23 Dec 2013, 04:27

Ok, I've just made these posts into a new thread (a new thread for each new sighting, please!).

All we know is that George went to dinner with three or four other people, some of whom were female.  That's all.

Are we really going to embarrass ourselves with a rehash of the whole dinner with that lawyer in London thing again?  Not every dinner has to be a date - particularly when it's with two or three others - and I'm sure he knows women who he isn't sleeping with too.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 23 Dec 2013, 11:23

Love the look of that restaurant! Tops of the pops in Vancouver I believe

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:05

The dinner could be a number of things....

Sure he could be on another group date night.

Or he and Rande are interviewing their next beard, sorry, romantic interest that George is smitten with.

Or she works on the film and was invited to dinner because George is, you know, polite and gracious to the people he works with.

She could work for his production company. Or his talent agency.

Or will be involved in the promotion of MM so he is planning and planning PR strategy with the company who is distributing the film in Feb which isn't that far away especially when you factor in he is working through to mid Jan then will be in the middle of award season for August.

What I can tell you for certainty is that the restaurant is Blue Water Café. Link

The following was posted online at instagram - if you look at the picture, they are sitting at the same table that George is sitting at.

msandjaja  2 days ago · Blue Water Cafe + Raw Bar
#bluewatercafe Dinner with my former boss(es) Smile#vancouver #nomnom
Picture

As Vancouver’s premier seafood restaurant, Blue Water Cafe’s international reputation for excellence is founded on serving only the freshest and most sustainable wild coastal species. Drawing on lengthy relationships with trusted suppliers, executive chef Frank Pabst’s disciplined technique showcases local fin and shell fish, as well as his legendary “Seafood Tower”. Pabst’s repertoire also delves deeper, with his critically-acclaimed “Unsung Heroes” menu which features other delicious but often overlooked fish, many of which can also be found at the restaurant’s appealing Raw Bar.

All our seafood is delivered to our kitchen daily and only the absolute freshest, exceptional quality fish and shellfish are selected. Most of them are line caught, trap caught or sustainably farmed in our region. Our commitment is to procure and serve responsibly sourced seafood without compromising our ocean habitat.

Executive Chef, Frank Pabst
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:06

Well, when I blow it up really big, it doesn't even look like him. Something about the eyes. And a beard, a bit of a real beard.I don't think its him. Maybe why the pic is so blurry? Maybe the pic taker was trying to make it seem like him? But something about the eyes and brow just aren't really looking like George's His brows comes down around his eyes sort of. And the eyes seem slightly tilted. George doesn't have eyes that tilt upward, but downward. I mean at the corners.

I don't think its him. Something about it feels wrong.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:27

My Christmas gift to you all.....

Anyone worried that this may be the new girlfriend, need not worry. George looks interested and engaged in what the woman is saying. And if history has taught us anything, George never looks at a romantic partner that way.  Bored, sullen and disinterested - then there would be reason for alarm.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:55

Hahaha! Greenie for you, Watching! Well put.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 23 Dec 2013, 15:01

I really can not understand people who build castles in the sand, George was at dinner "even" with a woman, so what? Do you think he can be satisfied and happy just working and doing charity? and ... if he had found a woman? Sometimes it seems to me that you will please him to remain alone and miserable! |
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 23 Dec 2013, 15:36

Greenie for you lela....I totally agree! Man can't eat with anyone or look in anyone's direction without the rumor mill starting.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 23 Dec 2013, 17:53

Rumors??? No just put forward possible scenarios as did watching.

And another two scenarios could be that the lady is Amal Alamuddin and she (& Geoff Robertson QC?) flew to Vancouver to discuss a project they're working on.
Possibly as George was restricted to being on the film site.
George doesn't want any publicity nor media sites leading false stories. So discretion is preferred.

Secondly, expanding from this scenario hypothetically. he may be in preliminary phase where he likes her & vice versa.
His demeanor seems respectable & attentive.

Assuming that is her.

Anyway, yesterday I was just addressing the other possibility that he may have started dating.
No, there is nothing objectionable to dine with others obviously.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 23 Dec 2013, 18:02

Ladies! I ruined him with our one meeting. Just saying! He has no memory of me just because the experience was that intense. His one smile at me will last a lifetime.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Mon 23 Dec 2013, 20:57

I just find the seating interesting. I have found that people prefer to sit with their backs against the wall or corner. That way you can see what/who is coming to the table. Of coarse, that's George Clooney and I'm sure security is on hand but I would think it would feel like a vulnerable seating position.
as far as the photo, it looks like a group having dinner. I see no reason to believe anything more or less.
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 23 Dec 2013, 21:18

If you want to keep something secret (like a meeting about Sudan strategy) you don't go to a public restaurant - you have dinner delivered to a conference room or a hotel suite. Or someone sends an assistant out for Chinese food. brahahahaha

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Mon 23 Dec 2013, 21:32

No, normally I have my highly top secret meetings between the appetizers and salad coarse. It should be secret but not too secret. Hopefully, its captured on film to look even less obvious. Sneaky 
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 23 Dec 2013, 23:00

GiGi wrote:I just find the seating interesting. I have found that people prefer to sit with their backs against the wall or corner. That way you can see what/who is coming to the table. Of coarse, that's George Clooney and I'm sure security is on hand but I would think it would feel like a vulnerable seating position.
as far as the photo, it looks like a group having dinner. I see no reason to believe anything more or less.

Gigi, I think this is reasonably standard for him when dining out. He doesn't want to be the centre of attention or have people watching him eat, taking pics of him and his guests eating. It does it a lot when he seems to know where the paps are stationed to,. I guess, reduce the quality and clarity of the picture. Also if people can't be certain that it is him from his back, they are less likely to go up for an autograph / photo when he is trying to have a quiet meal with friends. As lovely has he might be, that would be  pain in the ass after awhile. And considering how often he eats out, it screams self-preservation to me.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Mon 23 Dec 2013, 23:32

Oh, don't get me wrong...his back side is lovely as well as the front, side, top....
I took some safety courses this past year and try to more conscious of surroundings ect. It was just an observation.
But the backside is just fine.  Smile 
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 24 Dec 2013, 01:13

GiGi wrote:Oh, don't get me wrong...his back side is lovely as well as the front, side, top....
I took some safety courses this past year and try to more conscious of surroundings ect. It was just an observation.
But the backside is just fine.  Smile 

looking at George's ass works for me.

But your point about safety makes sense.

However, if I were a celebrity, I'd prefer to have my back to a room. That way I'd be less likely to be photographed dribbling gravy, having spinach sticking to my teeth or any of those varied food faux pas that happen when you're eating. Those high powered telephoto lenses that are used in celebrity stalking pick up everything!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 24 Dec 2013, 01:53

Me too, Id have my back to everyone but with Gio standing nearby to keep all the girls away from my date!! Ive gone into a daydream excuse me for a moment
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 24 Dec 2013, 04:37

watching wrote:My Christmas gift to you all.....

Anyone worried that this may be the new girlfriend, need not worry. George looks interested and engaged in what the woman is saying. And if history has taught us anything, George never looks at a romantic partner that way.  Bored, sullen and disinterested - then there would be reason for alarm.

I have to give you a greenie too thanks much.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 03 Apr 2014, 00:53

I've just glanced at this thread again. And whoever the poster was at the time guessed pretty correctly with every single post, I'm thinking..............

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 03 Apr 2014, 03:20

So time will tell...and someone did find the truth.
That was Amal...They were dating...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 03 Apr 2014, 03:21

Well good for Ocean. She got it right.

But for me, until I see the photos in People that they've tied the knot, I'll just keep hoping it will run it's course. If not, I'll wish them well and much happiness!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 21:54

Moved the conversation about the SSP contest to this thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 22:02

moved the posts about when they started dating to this thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Apr 2014, 05:18

Thanks Nicky you've been busy today! ;-)

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2