George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney

3 posters

Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney Empty Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 Dec 2013, 02:41

I guess they threw George's name in the title for a bit more oomph.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On George Clooney
“It was great talking to a man like him. I really do think he wears it so well, his fame, so, so well, and while every one of us has our detractors, while one man’s elixir is another man’s poison, no-one is everyone’s favourite, I think there is a pretty universal respect for what he does both as a humanitarian and as an actor. And he is very good at wearing his fame, he’s so courteous. There’s none of that, ‘Urgh, here we go, I’m going to put on a mask now’, it’s just, 'Hi, hey, I’m George’, and you don’t see the cracks of, ‘Pffff, I hate this, these people are in my face’. I think that’s because genuinely he realises we’re very f***ing lucky. And he uses his fame for such potent and great causes.”

Thanks Sillygirl for the link.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney Empty Re: Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney

Post by watching Tue 17 Dec 2013, 09:28

Also from the same interview....

On women wanting to sleep with him
"You know. George [Clooney] was talking to me and he said, ‘Oh God, all these stories coming up! You know, it’s so much about projection.’ And that’s why I am happy about it, because to me it’s not just about the way I look, it’s about some appropriation of the work and what I carry with me."

On Stefan Moffat saying he’s ‘two degrees to the left of handsome’
"Yeah, yes! And he’s absolutely right! And I’ve never really been able to trade off my looks before. And that’s the other thing about this discussion of whether I’m a leading man, it’s situational. If you prove your actions are heroic, or as a character, you are a leading man, it doesn’t matter whether you look like a movie star.
It’s almost extraordinary that Sherlock is attractive, just because, however dangerous, and however much you may come under his criticism and rejection, and it’s quite a powerful presence to be in, and women are attracted to that…and I get it. I mean, they all want to fix Sherlock! And with James [McAvoy], you know, women just want to go up and hug him, , you know, ooh! You know, the boy dying of cancer whose birthday it could have been! I think it can also be a great incumbent, when beautiful people try to get taken seriously as actors, it’s a f***ing struggle. I think wherever we’re at, we’re always looking at the other angle. I think it’s very important for the long game not to think about this kind of shit. Because otherwise you’re like, oh no, I’ve got frown lines on my forehead! You know, who cares? The only time I care is if I’m being younger for a character, like I had it the other day with [Alan] Turing, and I thought, okay, this is a period where he’s 25, and it’s when you first see him in the film, and there’s a long journey he goes on, it’s tragic and beautiful and disturbing and amazing, and to get that right you have to have something at the beginning where you have this person who is younger than me, ten years younger, and that’s the only time. In normal life, I don’t give a monkey’s arse if I’m going a bit wrinkly or have been described as going a bit grey of having receding hair. Or whatever the f*** it is that people write in gossip columns. You know, it can go on forever. You know, I don’t look at Humphrey Bogart and think, “you look old”. I think he looks like an actor. I remember with George Clooney there was some controversy with Michael Clayton. The studio was having a bit of a whine because he wasn’t shot from particularly flattering angles!”
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney Empty Re: Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:56

Thanks for posting
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down