George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe

+7
theminis
Carla97
ktsue2002
Joanna
silly girl
Boshkash
Katiedot
11 posters

Go down

George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe Empty George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Nov 2013, 12:24

This is pulled from the Esquire magazine, but I liked this writer's take on the story. I must admit, I was a bit surprised at George's comments about DiCaprio which seemed unnecessarily unkind.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe

By Hillary Busis on Nov 11, 2013

George Clooney is confident. Confident enough to live in Clark Gable’s old house and look like he truly belongs there. Confident enough to open an interview with a colorful anecdote he’s told before — to the very same magazine that’s currently featuring him on its cover. (To be fair, it’s a great anecdote; Clooney says he won a new dog’s heart by rubbing himself with turkey. In 2011, it was a turkey meatball; two years later, he’s calling it turkey bacon.)

George Clooney, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Idris Elba honored at BAFTA Britannia Awards Oscar Predictions 2013 Skipping the Oscar race is the smartest move 'Monuments Men' ever made

And he’s also confident enough to call B.S. on Leonardo DiCaprio, based largely on the other star’s basketball prowess — or lack thereof. “The thing about playing [basketball against] Leo is you have all these guys talking sh–,” Clooney says in the latest edition of Esquire. Clooney, by contrast, knows “that you don’t talk sh– unless you can play.” And in the end, he continues, Leo and his trash-talking teammates were no match for Clooney and his quieter pals: “’We’re all like 50 years old, and we beat them three straight: 11–0, 11–0, 11–0.”

It’s a cute, pretty harmless story until Clooney gets to the kicker — “The discrepancy between their game and how they talked about their game made me think of how important it is to have someone in your life to tell you what’s what. I’m not sure if Leo has someone like that.”

Most of the Clooney story revolves around this same theme: Some famous people manage to be celebrities without also being big jerkwads. Others… don’t. Clooney “is the president of a club of famous people he doesn’t consider a–holes, and he convenes it every time he makes a movie,” the article explains. “He has made movies with Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Don Cheadle, Julia Roberts, and Cate Blanchett. He has never been in a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio or Russell Crowe.”

That’s right — Clooney isn’t very fond of the 30 Odd Foot of Grunts frontman either. Why? Well, several years ago, he says, Crowe “picked a fight with me. He started it for no reason at all. He put out this thing saying, ‘George Clooney, Harrison Ford, and Robert De Niro are sellouts.’” (The actual quote, from GQ‘s March 2005 issue: “I don’t use my ‘celebrity’ to make a living. I don’t do ads for suits in Spain like George Clooney, or cigarettes in Japan like Harrison Ford … To me it’s kind of sacrilegious — it’s a complete contradiction of the f—ing social contract you have with your audience. I mean, Robert De Niro’s advertising American Express.”)

So Clooney fired back, joking that he, Ford, and De Niro were going to start a band. “And that’s when [Crowe] really went off on me,” he recalls. “And so I sent him a note going, ‘Dude, the only people who succeed when two famous people are fighting is People magazine. What the f— is wrong with you?’”

Eventually, Clooney adds, he and Crowe sort of made amends. “He sends me a disc of his music and a thing of his poetry,” Clooney says. “I think he said, ‘I was all misquoted,’ and I was like, ‘Yeah, yeah. Whatever.’”

Of course, the Leo and Russell disses are only a small portion of Esquire‘s mammoth Clooney story. Click over to their site to read more about Clooney’s long dark evening of the soul with a World War Z-exhausted Brad Pitt, the best prank he ever played on Don Cheadle — it involves a set of “Brad Pitt” stationery and a fake movie about Miles Davis — and why he gave up on his electric car. (Hint: “I said to them, ‘Look, guys, why am I always stuck on the side of the f—ing road? Make it work, one way or another.’”)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe Empty Re: George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe

Post by Boshkash Thu 14 Nov 2013, 12:57

It is good that he says his opinion about things honestly and loudly, I never cared for DiCaprio and I think he is full of himself , but I thought that bringing the Crowe's story up again was unnecessary since he kinda apologized for it.. He made some people angry in his last appearances, Crowe, DiCaprio, Tesla people, the global warming skeptics and that hedge founder guy...

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe Empty Re: George Clooney takes shots at Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe

Post by silly girl Thu 14 Nov 2013, 13:56

Stan clarified his statements about Leo...thought it was posted somewhere:

George Clooney's Publicist Clarifies Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe Disses

George Clooney is clarifying his comments to Esquire magazine after saying some not-so-nice words about two of his very famous peers.
The 52-year-old Oscar winner is making headlines for his recent interview in which he subtly disses Leonardo DiCaprio in addition to opening up about his feud with Russell Crowe, who famously bashed the actor in the press in 2005.
In the interview, Clooney recalled playing basketball with the Titantic star in Cabo San Lucas and claimed that Leo talked a big game only to lose big-time to the gray-haired hunk.

ESQUIRE
"The discrepancy between their game and how they talked about their game made me think of how important it is to have someone in your life to tell you what's what," Clooney told Esquire. "I'm not sure if Leo has someone like that."
George's publicist has since clarified Clooney's quotes, insisting the actor wasn't trying to throw shade at the 39-year-old star.
"The Leo comments were all made in fun about basketball," the Descendants star's publicist tells E! News. "Not about Leo's life. The writer and George were laughing about basketball buddies."
While Clooney may have backtracked a bit on his DiCaprio remarks, he didn't change his tune when it came to his comments on Russell Crowe, who publicly accused the actor of selling out eight years ago.

"He picked a fight with me. He started it for no reason at all," Clooney told the mag. "He put out this thing saying, 'George Clooney, Harrison Ford, and Robert De Niro are sellouts'...He really went after me. And so I sent him a note going, 'Dude, the only people who succeed when two famous people are fighting is People magazine. What the f--k is wrong with you?'"
And he was equally as blunt when it came to any further explanation:
"As for the Russell Crowe story. George was asked about it and told the truth," Clooney's publicist told E! News.
Well, that settles it.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 14 Nov 2013, 15:49

So it's "Putting the record straight time for George"
He's doing it more often now. Good for him.

Coolio 

In my experience it comes with age, this need to justify
one's actions or comments when, before one didn't bother
to do it. In my case the worm finally turned and amazingly
the recipients didn't like it one bit.

Tough Titties I say.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 16:36

I wonder if the writer got it wrong or he is just upset that it made him look mean spirited or cavalier.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 14 Nov 2013, 16:41

Well don't we have it somewhere that he only comments if it hurts someone? Well maybe he felt it hurt Leo and didn't want to do that...as for the RC comments....I see it as he just told what happened but feels that RC never really apologized....it was just because they might bump into each other during awards season.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 16:44

I think no one´s is "hurt" here.
If old stuff can make new headlines well that´s good. He didn´t have to bring anything new and sensational to the scene...
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 14 Nov 2013, 21:17

So assuming then that Russell Crowe is not a sellout for taking the part of Supermans Father in the latest Man of Steel??? Hypocrisy me thinks.

Im a fan of his acting, particularly early stuff - a must watch if you can get your hands on it is a movie called The Sum of Us, its brilliant.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 14 Nov 2013, 21:57

from turkey meatball
to turkey bacon?

bah
Alzheimer
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 22:32

Thanks SG for "Stan clarified his statements..."  I haven't read that before.

I must say I like Leo. I always watch his movies he is a really good actor. His private life with the Victoria Secret models is a bit wierd. But from what I read in the gossip magazines I never got the impression that he might have the wrong people around him. I was surprised about George comment too. But now with the clarification we know it was meant to be fun refering to basketball.

But then again I'm thinking if you use a big name like Leonardo Dicaprio and you are George CLooney I mean it is clear that the media will use it big time. Wonder how Leo things about that comment.

About Russel Crow ....I never liked him. He did some arrogant interviews here in Germany years ago and that put me off.

In general, I liked it that he spoke about it and said how he feels about it. He is in a stage of his life that he can do it and give a shit what others think about that.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Thu 14 Nov 2013, 23:38

I am giving George a pass on the Leo comment, because I think he really meant only that he was talking smack about basketball, just as Leo and his friends were doing before it.  It is sort of an American male thing.  That is why I think he tried to clarify it, I don't think he meant it to seem so much about his business or personal life.  Just the game.  Having been around a lot of American men and sports they all kind of revert to high school kids of some sort even if just for a bit, and I think George just wanted to rub in the fact that he won. Women seem to be more upset about what he said, and seriously they need to listen to their men about sports especially if they play.  I have heard it before.  

George must be the most charming man in an interview.  The writer seems almost in love with him, and he obviously had some strong negative opinions about the other guys.  He claims George never works with the likes of Leo, well not acting true, but they did work together on Ides of March.  Leo was an Executive Producer. Now I know that may be only a money job, but George still had to pitch him and since he was directing and producing he probably had more contact with him than most.  

Also, I get the feeling the Russell story was brought up to George. I think the writer had an angle he wanted to take and he went with it.   My only problem with the interview was it sort of made George seem a bit gossipy which I don't think he is, and that might also be a reason for the clarification too. I don't know that he was misquoted more likely misinterpreted.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Dec 2013, 10:12

And an update on this story:

LEONARDO DiCaprio has had a telling off from director Martin Scorsese.

Scorsese apparently blasted his Wolf of Wall Street star for behaving like an immature party boy. Martin told Leo that his antics are hurting his Oscars chances.

The two had the tough-love talk after Leonardo complained to Scorsese about George Clooney criticizing the actor for hanging out with a trash-talking crowd. Clooney also implied that Leonardo needs to have people with him who can keep him grounded.

Leonardo, 39, was furious when he heard about Geroge’s comments — and he was even more steamed when Scorsese, 71, seemed to side with George.

“Martin told Leo he’s as gifted a performer as he’s ever worked with, but at his age he should have won two Oscars by now,” a source told American tabloid the National Enquirer.

“Instead, Leo has been shut out by the actors and Hollywood people who cast the Oscar votes.

“He told Leo he should get serious about his life and stop hanging out with hoodlums, trying to bed every girl who catches his eye and going out partying all the time.”

“Leo still loves hitting the clubs and partying it up with his posse,” the source added. “He likes his life as it is.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 14 Dec 2013, 18:12

Interesting to read.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Dec 2013, 04:11

“He likes his life as it is.”
Sounds like someone else we know, right? Wink
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 17 Dec 2013, 00:45

Goes to show that you do have to do some ass kissing to get noticed by the old farts at the Academy! HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down