George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention

+11
theminis
What Would He Say
LornaDoone
Butterfly
Joanna
Maggy
Carla97
Nicky80
LizzyNY
silly girl
15 posters

Go down

PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention Empty PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention

Post by silly girl Tue 22 Oct 2013, 23:02

Coming in December:

PBS SoCal to broadcast A-list stars on Hollywood Reporter Roundtables
Published on Current.org, October 22, 2013
By Dru Sefton

Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney, Julia Roberts and Forest Whitaker are among the stars scheduled to appear on a series of hourlong entertainment roundtable interviews to air on PBS SoCal in December, co-produced by the station and The Hollywood Reporter.

The upcoming Hollywood Reporter Roundtables, moderated by the publication’s Executive Editor Matthew Belloni and Features Editor Stephen Galloway, each feature six Oscar contenders. Actors kick off the series, followed by episodes with directors, writers and producers.

The trade publication debuted the series online in 2005. Participants discuss their careers, personal lives, industry trends and pet projects.

“PBS’s highly engaged audience is a perfect match for the quality, gravitas, fun and insight that the roundtables consistently deliver,” Hollywood Reporter Editorial Director Janice Min said in today’s announcement.

“We are delighted to be the inaugural broadcast home of the series,” said PBS SoCal President Mel Rogers, adding: “We can’t imagine a better way to kick off the awards season in Southern California.”

Episodes will air Dec. 22–30 on PBS SoCal; The Hollywood Reporter will continue to feature a print version of the series in its weekly magazine and to produce digital versions for its weekly iPad edition and website.

- See more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention Empty Re: PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention

Post by LizzyNY Wed 23 Oct 2013, 03:33

Does anyone know if these programs will be aired on the east coast PBS channels, or only on So Cal PBS?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention Empty Re: PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention

Post by silly girl Wed 06 Nov 2013, 17:30

Here is an article and short clip: (Oh and I didn't know Danny Strong was also the actor from Buffy...who knew)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney, Grant Heslov, Jonas Cuaron, Julie Delpy, Nicole Holofcener, John Ridley and Danny Strong dissect the ins and outs of the business.

Seven of this year's most acclaimed writers spilled secrets of their craft for the Nov. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

Roundtable: George Clooney and 6 Top Writers on Awful Agent Advice and the Accuracy Police

Awards Roundtable: 6 Top Actors' Uncensored Tales, From Worst Auditions to Leg Waxing

Next Gen 2013: Hollywood's New Class
Among the superstar scribes who participated in THR's writer roundtable were George Clooney and Grant Heslov (The Monuments Men), Jonas Cuaron (Gravity), Julie Delpy (Before Midnight), Nicole Holofcener (Enough Said), John Ridley (12 Years a Slave) and Danny Strong (Lee Daniels' The Butler).

Strong said he got into writing to take his mind off frustrations of pursuing acting.
"I spent years as an actor, and you just can't go do it. You have to get hired to do it," said Strong. "That's why I started writing – to get my mind off of my auditions."

But what if you can't write, and you can't act?" asked Holofcener.
"Then you direct!" Clooney interjected.
Cuaron, who wrote the hit Gravity with his director father Alfonso Cuaron, said he likes writing with his dad, because "it's the only time I can look to him face to face."
Julie Delpy said writing scripts in which she'll also act presents special challenges.
"There is the period of writing where we're excited to write lengthy monologues, and then we get to rehearsing, where we look at the monologue, and we're like, 'Argh!' It's very schizophrenic," Delpy said. "And then we go into the acting process, and we become insecure, we don't sleep, we don't eat, we're freaking out. Actually, it made me realize acting is a very unsettling job. It makes you emotionally a mess, you know?"
Roundtable: George Clooney and 6 Top Writers on Awful Agent Advice and the Accuracy Police
Clooney said acting is in a way tougher than writing.
"Your face is on camera, so there's no getting away from it," he said.
See highlights from the conversation at the top of the post, and watch the entire interview here.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 17:55

Oh thanks SG for posting. Great to watch. So it will be released on the
22. December right. After it airs can we all watch that online afterwards?

I watched once roundtable with him wonder if we get lucky again and will be available again online. Very Happy 

Years ago I wachted all episodes of Buffy but believe me or not I don't remember Danny Strong Embarassed 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 06 Nov 2013, 17:59

He had a minor role in one or two episodes....nothing major. I tried to get into some other videos but they aren't posted yet....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 18:14

SG, I just went on the same link again you posted and now they show the whole 54 minutes. Do you see that too. I'm just watching it right now but don't know how to post Video from that side.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 18:29

Interesting. And Julie Delby I think she did pretty good in the movie "love before (or was it after) sunset (or sunrise). And that Jesse guy, american actor can´t remeber the name.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 06 Nov 2013, 18:31

It wasn't there before....thanks for letting me know:

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 18:42

Thanks!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 06 Nov 2013, 19:08

This is the link to Full video......

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 19:16

I loved watching it so much. Such funny and intelligent people-all of them. Was very interetsing to listen to their opinions. Thumbs up!

I like G's opinion about Snowden and how we start looking to get our news today the way we want it to be.

And I liked to see Grant Heslov there too. Very funny about the "white house" joke - dark humor LOL

So happy I could watch it now and don't have to wait until December. thanks for sharing SG Very Happy

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

PBS to air Hollywood Roundtable interview ---George Clooney mention Empty Writers roundtable with George

Post by Butterfly Wed 06 Nov 2013, 19:31

Dear friends, look what I have just found online:

Very Happy 

When you open this link, you will see a movie (quite long - 54:17) with George and 6 writers sitting around a table in a wooden settings (bar or something), talking about movies, writing etc.

Our George looks gorgeous: laid back, funny, talkative, charming, energetic....with his signature smile.Very Happy  I love you lip smack Hug1 

Enjoy watching! Very Happy
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 06 Nov 2013, 19:33

Silly Girl- Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I just watched the whole interview on THR (there goes my afternoon!) and it was fascinating to learn so much about this side of the movie-making process. It was also really interesting to listen to Grant and George talk about their working relationship. Again, many thanks!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 06 Nov 2013, 19:48

Butterfly wrote:Dear friends, look what I have just found online:

Very Happy 

When you open this link, you will see a movie (quite long - 54:17) with George and 6 writers sitting around a table in a wooden settings (bar or something), talking about movies, writing etc.

Our George looks gorgeous: laid back, funny, talkative, charming, energetic....with his signature smile.Very Happy  I love you lip smack Hug1 

Enjoy watching! Very Happy
Hi Butterfly,

We already had a thread for this so I've merged your thread with this one. Thanks.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Wed 06 Nov 2013, 20:02

OK LornaDoone. Thank you. I was searching my new thread all over this forum...I thought it disappeared.
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 06 Nov 2013, 21:33

I enjoyed that session with the writers too.
I think that shows George truly in his element.

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 06 Nov 2013, 21:48

Joanna wrote:I enjoyed that session with the writers too.
I think that shows George truly in his element.

Coolio

Strange..... I didn't see it that way Jo I dunno 

Interesting though ... Never knew writer would write for writer ... So you can just pitch a story.... like "movies got talent" ... Suspect 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Wed 06 Nov 2013, 22:35

Very interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed that.
I guess it pays to not yield to pressure from studios to change the original screenplay.
Even so, ghostwriters do a lot of the work and often uncredited. Where's the satisfaction in that? More than likely generating experience and income.

The very foundations of a great film are in the conceptual vision of the creative writer's story.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Nov 2013, 22:49

thoroughly enjoyed watching that, thanks ladies
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Wed 06 Nov 2013, 22:58

The most inspiring part for me, was actually when so many of them, including George & Grant were confronted with doubt about their drafts, or writer's block and had to overcome it, but eventually found their way.
 Writer\'s block 

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Nov 2013, 23:11

I enjoyed Julie Delphy speaking, lovely listening to her thoughts - George has a lot of interesting things to say so no surprise there. Interesting to see that Grant finds writing a struggle and seems to have trepidation and doubts about it.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 06 Nov 2013, 23:41

watched a bit only
he is in great shape Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Thu 07 Nov 2013, 03:04

Isn't strange that George and Grant are there? I mean usually those roundtables are for the year's contenders and highly acclaimed filmmakers, and the Monuments Men is not even released this year!!

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 07 Nov 2013, 03:08

I think it was probably taped before they decided to move the film opening.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 07 Nov 2013, 03:23

Boshkash wrote:Isn't strange that George and Grant are there? I mean usually those roundtables are for the year's contenders and highly acclaimed filmmakers, and the Monuments Men is not even released this year!!
They discussed Gravity and Good Night and Good Luck too - at least to the point that I watched - wasn't able to complete viewing it.

But one thing I found interesting was that the script for 12 Years A Slave was a spec script.  Didn't know that.  And I wonder how many spec scripts are written and then get actually made in Hollywood?  

But of course, the writer already had some of his work produced (not just his scripts but also one of his novels was made into a film).

And then I also thought it was interesting that he wrote the story for Three Kings, which of course, was made into a film in which George starred.

I'll have finish watching this later but found it very interesting to see how the writing process is not easy for many yet they have all had success with it because they pushed through their fears and just went for it!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 07 Nov 2013, 06:26

great Very Happy
important message Thumbs up! to fight against your fear Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 07 Nov 2013, 08:56

Agree Thumbs up!  Everyone struggles at one point. It was great to listen to them how they push themselves at the end to archieve they story.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 08 Nov 2013, 02:20

I watched the whole thing tonight. Really great conversation. Love stuff like this. Here is the transcript.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 08 Nov 2013, 03:11

From sillygirl's link above - thanks for the find!

10:00 AM PST 11/6/2013 by Stephen Galloway, Matthew Belloni

This story first appeared in the Nov. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

When The Hollywood Reporter invited George Clooney and Grant Heslov to participate in this year's Writer Roundtable, their Nazi art-heist drama The Monuments Men was considered likely to contend in multiple awards categories. Alas, four days after the Oct. 18 discussion at The Los Angeles Athletic Club, Monuments Men was bumped by distributor Sony Pictures to Feb. 7 -- unfinished visual effects were cited as the reason -- and out of the awards race (at least for this year).

Luckily, Clooney, 52, and Heslov, 50, are such good talkers, THR readers likely won't care that their movie isn't in contention yet. The duo joined Clooney's Gravity writer Jonas Cuaron, 31 (he penned the action-heavy script with his director father, Alfonso), Before Midnight co-writer Julie Delpy, 43, Enough Said writer-director Nicole Holofcener, 53, 12 Years a Slave's John Ridley, 49, and Lee Daniels' The Butler's Danny Strong, 39, for a conversation that veered from Paddy Chayefsky to Sarah Palin and Edward Snowden. Said Clooney, "Now we're getting in some deep shit!"

What's been your toughest moment as a writer?

GEORGE CLOONEY: Test screenings. (Laughter.)

JOHN RIDLEY: [Being rewritten] is not pleasant. But I know that it helped drive me forward, to try to have more ownership of my material. If it's something that I really cared about, why did I get in a position where I gave it away too early?

DANNY STRONG: For me, the toughest part was all those years writing specs, not selling them, not progressing. I kept writing these really broad comedies, thinking, "I'm gonna break into show business writing these big, funny, Jim Carrey-esque comedies," because that was big at the time. And then, finally, I said, "I have to give up." Nothing against Jim Carrey comedies, but that's when I wrote Recount [2008]. I sold it as a pitch. I still don't know why HBO bought that project. Maybe they were drunk.

JULIE DELPY: When I wrote the first draft of Before Sunset [2004], I remember giving the script to my agent, who fired me the same day. He thought I was wasting my time. So I was full of doubt, like, "My God, am I doing the right thing? I'm crazy."

John, Three Kings (1999) was considerably rewritten. Did you fight it?

RIDLEY: I was in no position to fight for it. I had had one movie made with Oliver Stone [1997's U Turn].

CLOONEY: Also, Three Kings was brought into a studio system. They'll bring things in and go, "It's good, we like it, we're going to bring another writer in." Grant and I have been writing for over 30 years together, and we've been through [studio and network] processes. Good Night, and Good Luck began as a live television show, and everything was going great, and then Janet Jackson took her breast out on live TV and CBS goes, "You're out!" And we were sitting in the office like, "What happened?"

What are the best and worst notes you've been given?

CLOONEY: We actually get good notes because they're mostly story points. Worst note: We did get one guy saying, "How do we know they're Hitler youths?" It's a kid in a Nazi uniform!

STORY: George Clooney's 'Monuments Men' Gets Early February 2014 Release

Gravity is such a visual film. What was the process of writing it?

CLOONEY: When Alfonso started talking about it, we said: "It's an easy film. It's two characters floating …"

DELPY: … in space.

CLOONEY: We'll do it in six months, right?

JONAS CUARON: A couple ropes … (Laughs.)

CLOONEY: Literally, that's what he thought. And you know, three years of shooting …

Was there a moment when Warner Bros. said no?

CUARON: I guess. But at the end, they were supportive. I mean, you're always struggling to fight for your concept. Our main concept [was to have] a subjective film, where you're with the character throughout the ride. But when you're doing a space movie, everyone wants to cut down to Ed Harris and Houston and have that separate story or have a flashback.

Is it still harder to get a screenplay off the ground if a woman is the lead?

GRANT HESLOV: Not when it's Sandra Bullock!

NICOLE HOLOFCENER: There's six women or so that you could make it with. But I don't want to do the woman question.

How hard is it to get a film like Enough Said off the ground?

HOLOFCENER: It was not hard at all. Fox Searchlight said, "We want to make a movie with you, but we want this one to have a little more plot and just give us a little more to market." Actually, I didn't really mind because I wanted the challenge of having to write a script that was possibly more commercial but still mine. Something that I wouldn't be embarrassed about, you know?

Several of you also act. Does your writing change when you're writing for yourself?

DELPY: No. I mean, there is the period of writing where we're excited to write lengthy monologues, and then we get to rehearsing, where we look at the monologue, and we're like, "Argh!" It's very schizophrenic. And then we go into the acting process, and we become insecure, we don't sleep, we don't eat, we're freaking out. Actually, it made me realize acting is a very unsettling job. It makes you emotionally a mess, you know?

CLOONEY: I feel perfectly comfortable! What are you talking about? (Laughter.) But I've met a lot of insecure writers and directors.

George, what do you and Grant argue about when you are writing?

CLOONEY: We've never had an argument in our lives.

HOLOFCENER: Lunch.

HESLOV: Lunch is the biggest discussion of the day, that is true.

CLOONEY: And we've actually never had an argument. Even on the basketball court.

HOLOFCENER: So what happens if you disagree? You know, "This scene is horrible, let's throw it out."

HESLOV: We throw it out. We literally just sit down in a room and we just …

HOLOFCENER: … make love?

HESLOV: Yeah. (Laughs.)

CLOONEY: But we do it an old-fashioned way. We cut and paste. We literally take scissors. We act out all the parts.

HESLOV: But we plot it all out first. We do that classic thing: We have a big board, and we put Post-its [everywhere], and we'll spend a couple weeks just doing that, particularly on a film like Monuments Men, which is very plot-heavy.

STORY: President Reagan's Son Attacks 'Lee Daniels' The Butler'

Many films based on real-life events are being attacked over accuracy. What responsibility do you have to the facts?

STRONG: Well, in the case of The Butler, I made very clear that this was a fictionalization. So much so that I changed the character's name to Cecil Gaines in the hope of saying: "This isn't Eugene Allen. This is something else." But the history in the film is all true; it's a father-son relationship that's used as a conduit to tell the story of the civil rights movement. It doesn't really matter if you change who was here, who wore what. You just need to make the best movie you can make, being as responsible as you can to the overarching history of what you're trying to portray.

CLOONEY: This is a new thing, by the way. This is all, like, bloggers -- if that existed when Lawrence of Arabia came out, believe me, Lawrence's own autobiography would not hold water. Patton wouldn't. You can go down the list of movies -- Gandhi -- these movies are entertainment. And that's what we have to get back to. A movie like 12 Years a Slave, somebody will go looking for something that doesn't jibe and they'll try to disenfranchise the whole film because of it. Because there's this weird competition thing that's going on now that didn't exist 10 years ago. That happened with us on Argo. It's bullshit because it's got nothing to do with the idea that these are movies. These are not documentaries. You're responsible for basic facts. But who the hell knows what Patton said to his guys in the tent?

CUARON: When we wrote Gravity, we wanted it to be as plausible as possible, so we did a lot of research. There are things -- when I see the movie -- I know they're not plausible.

STRONG: I loved Gravity so much that when I read these [attacks], I was so annoyed. I said, "This is an amazing movie, are you kidding me?" It's a ballet at times. It's an opera at times.

RIDLEY: The only allegations that I'm aware of around 12 Years a Slave are actually pointed back toward [Solomon Northup's book about his experiences in slavery] -- which, to me, is very troubling because there were court cases, you know? These are things that have been documented.

Several films this year are from an African-American point of view. Danny, did you have doubts writing about the black experience?

STRONG: Only in the way that I have doubts about everything that I write. And I always get through that with research. I just start doing lots of research, and then I start to feel comfortable, and then I'm sick of research and I just want to start writing. I mean, I've written female characters, and I'm not a woman.

HOLOFCENER: (Smiles.) That's not right!

Is there a point where you start a script and just put it down because you can't crack it?

HOLOFCENER: Oh, yeah. I know with this script, I had to put it down. I just couldn't bear it anymore. I couldn't make it work. Couldn't figure out how to make that plot device work and where to put it and have it not be stupid. Almost all of my movies, I am disgusted with at some point, and terrified and put it in a drawer. And then somehow I take it out of the drawer.

CLOONEY: How long did you put it down?

HOLOFCENER: Maybe a month.

DELPY: Do you write many scripts at once so when you're tired, you can go to another one?

HOLOFCENER: I never have another one. But you know, a month goes by quickly. You clean your house, take your kids to school. It's really easy how fast time goes by.

CLOONEY: It took a long time to get Argo made. But we've got other films that are in that sort of vein. We have one called Our Brand Is Crisis that we've gone through a long period of time trying to figure out. It's a really smart, political film about going down to Bolivia and bringing in American consultants to get this guy elected. And it's a true story. [We're] trying to figure out the tone.

What's the best and worst advice you've been given about writing? Except by the agent who fired you.

HOLOFCENER: Yeah, I was told to quit. By an agent.

DELPY: Probably the same one!

HOLOFCENER: But I was writing bad scripts. And he was like, "I think you should stick to directing." But you should never tell that to somebody, even if their scripts are bad.

DELPY: I had written a screenplay when I was 19, and I gave it to a very famous writer, and he read one page and he said, "You're a very pretty girl." (Laughter.) Then I didn't write for four years.

Do you read books about writing?

CLOONEY: Why would you read when there's these good reality shows out there? (Laughs.)

HESLOV: I read everything from Elmore Leonard to Philip Roth. I try to read as few scripts as possible.

CLOONEY: I love Paddy Chayefsky. And, again from television, Rod Serling. Because I didn't grow up really watching movies. There wasn't a movie theater in my town in Kentucky. You drove to the drive-in theater about 30 miles to see a movie. So you know, you're sort of caught with old black-and-white television. Twilight Zones and things like that. That was a big influence on my life and storytelling.

You two broke through with Good Night, and Good Luck. What was the challenge of that screenplay?

HESLOV: In reference to what we were talking about earlier, that was one where we felt like we had to get it exactly right.

CLOONEY: Also, remember that this was written because we were so angry. I was angry at being called a traitor to my country for saying that I thought the war was stupid.

Did the attacks make you afraid?

CLOONEY: There was that one moment when, you know, Bill O'Reilly does a half-hour show about why my career is over. He brought in some producer that goes, "I'll never work with him again." I'm like: "I don't know who she is! I've never even seen her before." (Laughs.) And I called my dad and said, "Well, am I in trouble?" And he's like: "Do you have a job? Do you have money?" And I said, "Yes." He goes: "Shut up. Grow up. Be a man. What are you afraid of? A lot of people have taken a lot worse chances. You can't demand freedom of speech and say, 'Don't say bad things about me.' "

Is there a public figure that you would like to write about?

STRONG: I remember seeing the Eliot Spitzer documentary, Client 9, and thinking, "Wow, that would make a terrific movie."

CLOONEY: [Or Anthony Weiner.] I mean, imagine growing up with the name Weiner your whole life, and then this picture, you know?

Danny, did you ever hear personally from Sarah Palin about HBO's Game Change (2012)?

STRONG: Her aides came out guns blazing and attacked us a week before the movie came out. And they said, "We haven't seen the movie, but it's all lies." And I remember about a week or two after that ended, I saw that I got my first gray hair. (Laughs.) And I thought, "Sarah Palin gave me gray hair."

HESLOV: She gave a lot of people gray hair.

DELPY: In the U.S., if you talk about someone that's alive, and you describe their personal life and they disagree with it, can they sue you?

CLOONEY: No. There's literally no libel laws here -- if you're a public figure. The difference now is, what is a public figure? Because now, everybody on Facebook is a public figure. You know, there was a lawsuit a few years ago about a woman who was in a car accident and an emergency helicopter picked her up, and there was one of those on-scene emergency shows in the helicopter. And she was begging to die. She says, "Please let me die," and she ended up living. And she's watching TV one night with her kids, and she's on television begging to die. And she sued [and eventually lost]: "You were in an accident on a public street, made the news, and you are now a public figure, and you have no right to that privacy anymore."

What do you think of that? You're a public figure, but you also come from a news family.

CLOONEY: Listen, I have the worst of all of it because I agree with the idea. I would never, ever want to change a law that would close off any form of information. I would rather the misery that I get at times. But there is an element of this where you just go, "This is not what was designed." And where do you draw the line?

So what do you think about Edward Snowden and Julian Assange?

CLOONEY: Now we're getting in some deep shit! (Laughs.) I think it's a complicated issue because you look at Edward Snowden, and you say, "Well, these are stories that have yet to be finished." When you did Game Change, there was a beginning, a middle and an end for that version of that story. We know [that] Assange is holed up in an embassy and Snowden is hiding out in Russia. And we're not sure, yet, what the effects [will be]. It may turn out that those guys ended up doing something heroic. It may also turn out that they ended up doing something cowardly. There are all kinds of questions yet to be answered.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 08 Nov 2013, 06:26

great thanks!!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:29

Thank for copying....I was making dinner and didn't have time. I am glad they gave a transcript...missed a few things while watching.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 11:23

Thanks for the transcript. Sometimes they talk so fast I miss something sometimes too so it was nice to read it.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 21:09

Fascinating stuff to read
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 21:23

Just a reminder who wants to see it again on TV. 

which air starting at 7 p.m. tonight on PBS SoCaL as part of a holiday television event.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 30 Dec 2013, 22:13

Thanks Nicky I'm going to see if I can record it!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 01 Jan 2014, 04:07

I recorded the writer's roundtable and also a producer's roundtable recorded.

I've been watching the producer's roundtable and one of the producers also produced Three Kings.  (Mark Wahlberg was also at the producer's roundtable).  They asked about the issue with George and David and the producer of the film discussed the situation and gave some background that was interesting.

One of the other producers there produced Gravity so they also discussed a lot about Gravity.  Good clips were shown.

Very interesting commentary and if anyone can find a link to that episode too that would be cool.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 01 Jan 2014, 04:36

The Producer's Roundtable

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 01 Jan 2014, 04:53

mel how do you find this stuff? But thanks loads!! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Jan 2014, 08:43

Is this another one?

George Clooney and 6 Top Writers on Awful Agent Advice and the Accuracy Police

5:23 PM PST 12/19/2013 by THR Staff

Superstar scribes Clooney, Grant Heslov, Julie Delpy, Nicole Holofcener, John Ridley, Danny Strong and Jonas Cuaron reveal to THR the secrets of how they work, the public figures they really want to write about and how Janet Jackson's breast impacted their work.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 01 Jan 2014, 12:03

Joanna posted that up thread on 11-6-13 Katie, but NEVER too much George.

You're welcome Lorna.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Jan 2014, 12:12

Sorry! I did wonder how many of these George did. Bugger THR for re-issuing the same vid under a new date.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 01 Jan 2014, 14:14

George paid them to keep dropping the Roundtables so we wouldn't forget about him.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down