George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming

+4
chiki
melbert
Mazy
silly girl
8 posters

Go down

Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming Empty Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming

Post by silly girl Sun 15 Sep 2013, 02:38

I love Hugh Laurie and have been listening to his music and watching old episodes of Jeeves and Wooster. Love that he just shows up and plays a concert. The end of the article mentions that filming is going to move to Spain next year...first I had heard of that.

Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert at Cellar Jazz Club in Vancouver.

Vancouver jazz fans surely expected to hear a few good tunes when they stopped into the Cellar Jazz Club on Monday night – and they got them, courtesy of Hollywood actor Hugh Laurie.

The former House M.D. star, who’s in town filming the Disney movie Tomorrowland alongside George Clooney, took the stage at the West Broadway music venue for an impromptu concert.

Audience members were quick to share the moment on social media.

“House is in the house! @HughLaurieBlues sits in @cellarjazz,” tweeted Vincent Lim (‏@VanJazzFan) along with the above picture.

Instagram user @kozmicted shared the following picture of Laurie mid-jam.

Laurie and the rest of the Tomorrowland cast are expected to continue production in Vancouver and various B.C. locations into January 2014, after which the production reportedly moves to Spain.

Tomorrowland is slated for release Dec. 12, 2014.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming Empty Re: Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming

Post by Mazy Sun 15 Sep 2013, 04:15

That's nice I heard he just loves his music, very generous entertainer. I know he played sometimes on "House."
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming Empty Re: Hugh Laurie plays surprise concert---info about Tomorrowland filming

Post by melbert Sun 15 Sep 2013, 05:09

I'm not normally a jazz person, however, I've heard Hugh play and he's got me!  And, he does more than just jazz.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Mon 16 Sep 2013, 09:10

There's a documentary about his first love, the blues (he says, not me, of course). It's a journey across USA, to find the roots of blues. I haven't  watched it yet, one of these nights...

"Hugh Laurie: Copper bottom blues"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and he has 2 published albums, I think.

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 16 Sep 2013, 11:43

Thanks very much Chiki, I'm not a big music fan; light opera, some jazz, gospel and some blues. So I will check this out, thanks again.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Mon 16 Sep 2013, 13:43

you're welcome Wink 

Seems interesting, hope you enjoy it.

Btw, I didn't know it, but looking for his bio, I've found he wrote a novel, as well,  published in 1996. Busy man!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 16 Sep 2013, 16:05

Great, George hasn't written ant novels that I know of, but screenplays and articles on Darfur. They say that he can sing so and a family background in music, him and Hugh have a lot to talk about. They even both stared in hit TV dramas playing doctors. That's nice that they have lots in common.

I'm always looking for articles, reports on Darfur or even screenplays that George has written. It kinda gives a little knowledge of the person. I save all this information about George. Everything except about GFs. I have a list of who they are I so't need to know any more than that. Thanks again for this information.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by marysunshine Thu 19 Sep 2013, 19:57

Tomorrowland   December 12th release???  Great day in the morning.  Thanks George for the great birthday present. Yahooooo

marysunshine
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Sep 2013, 20:07

Rigth?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by marysunshine Fri 20 Sep 2013, 00:03

I can wait the year!

marysunshine
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 20 Sep 2013, 00:39

Hugh Laurie's appearance at the Cellar was on August 27/28, so could be that some of his filming has finished for the time being.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:29

Yeah, but what happened to his own words that HE wouldn't be filming until November? Guess that was just throwing out false leads, to add to all the confusion over the film's plot content.

Just more ruse and hide and seek. Even ole George seemed to be playing with that too. lol
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:55

I think you might be right JC...there is so much secrecy about this film.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down