George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation

+4
Way2Old4Dis
Lakin460
silly girl
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation Empty Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation

Post by Katiedot Thu 05 Sep 2013, 13:10

Thanks to Henway for this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation

RICHARD LAWSON

SEP 4, 2013

Stacy Keibler is going through some things. The former professional wrestler broke up with George Clooney a couple months ago, and was faced with that biggest of questions: What do I do now?

Life can be strange for George Clooney's exes. Whatever happened to Elisabetta Canalis? Nobody knows! No one really knows.

Keibler would like to avoid that fate, of course, but she also needs to be herself, to find out who she is and live her truest life. And what better place to do that than Burning Man. Yes, Stacy Keibler spent the weekend at Burning Man, the great anarcho-hippie festival in the Nevada desert where people do a lot of drugs and hug each other and close their eyes real real tight and wish, futilely, that the world was different, that they didn't have to go back to their regular boring lives and instead just do this forever.

It's for young dreamers and old refugees and Stacy wanted in. And she seemed to have had a wonderful time, if her Instagram account is any indication. She took lots of pictures of hippie wastrels and sunrises and whatnot, tagging most pictures with #lifechanging or #teamlifechanging.

So she's feeling things out in that desert, her mind is expanding, her soul reaching. And that's good! Always good to feel yourself growing. But Burning Man? C'mon, Stace. You're not 19. Read a book or take a class. Change your life that way. Stumbling around Burning Man for a few days and then returning to the relatively jet-set life isn't real change. It's distraction.

Unless of course Stacy Keibler ends up moving to a yurt in Indio and really committing to this. "Where did Stacy Keibler go?" "She lives outside Bozeman with a guy named Satchel, his sister Kiley, and like eight dogs. She works at a river rafting place I think." "Oh." If that happens, then fine. Burning Man did change her life. But if not? It was just a weekend away.
This has nothing to do with Stacy, really, I just LOVE this author's viewpoint because it really resonates with me.  I run into so many people, particularly online who mumble about the 'awesomeness' of moments and endlessly post inspirational pictures on facebook but never change a single goddam thing in their lives.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation Empty Re: Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation

Post by silly girl Thu 05 Sep 2013, 14:03

So true. I know someone who is constantly posting inspirational quotes but in the meantime has't spoken to his family in over a year....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation Empty Re: Stacy Keibler's Post-Clooney Transformation

Post by Lakin460 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 17:35

People are quick to deceive themselves that idealism is enough (and quick to want to escape reality). This article exposes that. Enjoyed reading it.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 05 Sep 2013, 18:39

Yeah, you don't change your life on Instagram. You post it, but you don't change it...

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 05 Sep 2013, 23:04

I am very idealistic myself at times and I do change bits and pieces, try to stick to a new goal for instance - one day would like the courage to make some real changes - I live in OZ so anythings possible.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Thu 05 Sep 2013, 23:13

Is it me or does anyone else wonder what Mr. Lawson did last weekend besides write hit pieces? He really broaden his horizons.
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 06 Sep 2013, 01:14

GiGi wrote:Is it me or does anyone else wonder what Mr. Lawson did last weekend besides write hit pieces? He really broaden his horizons.
He's got a point. It's the old "stuff that's cute when you're 21 ain't so cute when you're 35" idea. I mean, some of the photos she posted of herself at this festival are just begging for ridicule.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 06 Sep 2013, 09:21

Unlike the external transformation, spiritual-enlightenment does not necessarily depend on the tangibles... A person going through the process, may even have to go through storms with near/dear ones sometimes, live through difficult physical states, crush in on themselves, their desires/wants/needs, before making way for the precepts to dawn in on their soul..

Again... just generally speaking... Smile
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 06 Sep 2013, 09:30

Katiedot wrote:... I run into so many people, particularly online who mumble about the 'awesomeness' of moments and endlessly post inspirational pictures on facebook but never change a single goddam thing in their lives.
It depends on where they really are Katie... not saying that everyone who is going through the process has already reached it's FINAL state, because there really is NO final state, before which tangible changes can be felt BY OTHERS...

And yes, we must discern well, on who is where, and what really is true... because anyone can easily get "conned" / "led-astray" / "fall into a trap" especially where the spiritual is concerned...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 06 Sep 2013, 09:35

Lakin460 wrote:People are quick to deceive themselves that idealism is enough (and quick to want to escape reality).  This article exposes that.  Enjoyed  reading it.
Sure... but idealism is a requirement ideally speaking Smile if one wants to pursue spiritual goals... and one does have to escape reality every often, to understand the surreal... But yes, everything is a process... not necessarily understood by everyone...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down