George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel

+5
jluna2011
theminis
silly girl
melbert
LornaDoone
9 posters

Go down

Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel Empty Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel

Post by LornaDoone Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:00

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/ben-affleck-cast-batman-man-steel-sequel-014500476.html

The world is a strange place isn't it?  Now Ben will join the ranks of actors who have played Batman!

Fascinating!

TV GuideBy Natalie Abrams | TV Guide
8/22/13 6:48 pm PDT

Ben Affleck has been cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel, Warner Bros. Pictures announced on Thursday.

It was first announced at this year's Comic-Con that Superman (Henry Cavill) would face off against Batman. "Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman," director Zack Snyder said in a statement. "He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him."

Superman to face off against Batman in Man of Steel sequel

Affleck's credits include Argo, The Town, Good Will Hunting and another superhero film, 2003's Daredevil. The Oscar winner follows in the footsteps of Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and, most recently, Christian Bale. Bale played the caped crusader for three films, but said in an interview last month that he had no plans to reprise the role a fourth time. "It's a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with," Bale told Entertainment Weekly.

The sequel, which is expected to begin production in 2014, will be written by David S. Goyer, who also wrote Man of Steel and The Dark Knight.  The film will be released on July 17, 2015.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel Empty Re: Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel

Post by melbert Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:07

I wonder if he'll get any pointers from George?

Last edited by melbert on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:08; edited 1 time in total
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel Empty Re: Ben Affleck Cast as Batman in Man of Steel Sequel

Post by silly girl Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:08

It is an interesting choice for him....he has already played a superhero that wasn't received well. Oh the comparisons to GC are already starting....wonder if he talked to him about it....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:08

Did you mean pointers or pointier nipple suit?

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:09

Well, I was going to say that... wonder if he'll use the same cod piece...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:11

You made me snort LornaDoone.... lol Laughing 

So funny...didn't even think of that....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:17

Ben will need a bigger cod piece!!! affraid 
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:25

and you know that HOW??????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by jluna2011 Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:44

I'm not sure how I feel about this, to be honest. scratch 

Hello everyone!
jluna2011
jluna2011
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 23 Aug 2013, 04:54

Hello jluna2011 welcome!

So what bothers you about Ben being cast as Batman?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 23 Aug 2013, 05:41

Oh wow, so he goes from being Superman to Batman? Nice work! (Hollywoodland is one of my fave films).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jluna2011 Fri 23 Aug 2013, 05:42

I just don't see Ben as Batman. I can't picture him in the suit. I was hoping Christian Bale would return but he said he was done. But, I'm very much looking forward to seeing Henry Cavill in the Superman suit again. Very Happy
jluna2011
jluna2011
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 23 Aug 2013, 08:49

Same for me. I can't picture skinny Ben in an Batman suit   Shocked   But would be interesting to see. I'm sure hollywood makes im fit in the suit well. hehe.

I'm sure G will watch that movie so he has something to tease Ben on they next meeting LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 23 Aug 2013, 15:10

Mel, just an educated guess.

Not sure either about Ben as Batman, some are suggesting Matt Damon should play Robin and Fir a laugh I think George should play the Butler!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 23 Aug 2013, 19:38

Shocked  oh no the butler but he is so old. I don't want Hollywood to turn George into an 89 year old. LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 23 Aug 2013, 20:41

Found this artical. They don't mention George nicely.... I'm sure G is like oh now the batman history is coming back alive LOL Poor george

Why BEN AFFLECK is Brilliant Casting as BATMAN

Ben Affleck is the next big-screen Batman.

Now that the news has settled in a bit, we’d like to tell you why it happens to be brilliant, even inspired casting for the character.

When George Clooney was cast as Batman in the final film of the first big iteration of the character, people scoffed – unfortunately, it turned out, they were right. The film was a disaster, and that may be a little rude to disasters.

But what Warner Brothers was trying to do wasn’t – they tried to pair their highest-profile character with a high-profile actor. This time, they may have done that the right way.

Affleck is no Clooney, in all the right ways. He is a well-known, name actor, but he doesn’t just play himself in various roles the way that Clooney tends to. You can pretty much change out Danny Ocean for Doug Ross for even Michael Clayton and it would all work somehow – it’s all very Clooney. That’s not to say he’s a bad actor, he just is very set in who he is as a person, and brings that into roles.

Affleck, whether it’s because he started directing, because he married the right person, or because he simply aged and matured, however, has found a way to inject character into himself – it’s a subtle distinction, but an important one. He may have a reputation as the “Boston Boy,” but Tony Mendez in Argo proved that Affleck is anything but a typecast actor.

It also just so happens that Ben Affleck loves and respects comic books as a storytelling medium. He talked about his love of comics in the past, when making other movies near and dear to our preferred format. Whether he’s playing a comic book fan in Chasing Amy or the titular character in Daredevil, Affleck knows what these characters and stories mean to the fans – he is one himself – and he wants to do them right. Daredevil did many things wrong, and a few important things right – and the right things were very much in Affleck’s range.

So, we have a name actor who loves comics and also happens to be an accomplished director – meaning he knows how to take himself out of the scene and see how it works better for the film, regardless of what his ego may want to drive him to do personally. He’s eleven years older than Henry Cavill, our Superman, which gives him an air of authority – again, the gruffness of Mendez who could take over a room full of desperate individuals is the same sensibility he’ll need to pull from for a role like Batman, especially when the person he’s commanding happens to be a demi-god with the ability to move mountains.

So, people may scoff, citing Good Will Hunting and The Town (two of his fifty-seven credited roles on IMDB - and really, if people are so concerned about Batman having a Boston accent, we'd point them to three critically acclaimed Batman movies starring some Welsh guy) as reasons that he only plays one character, but he has made it clear through his dedication to film that he cares about the medium. And don’t forget, names like Christopher Nolan, David S. Goyer, and yes, Zack Snyder (who if nothing else has proven his love of taking comic books to film) are also all involved. This can work, folks, and until we see footage that tells us otherwise, in Batman Affleck we trust.

And hey, ultimately, Warner Bros' #1 job is to get people talking about this movie, and get them to see it. People sure are talking.

http://www.newsarama.com/18750-why-ben-affleck-is-brilliant-casting-as-batman.html

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 23 Aug 2013, 21:52

If the costume doesn't look good ....Don't do it...simple.

As soon as George put on the "Bat Head" he should have known by his philtrum.....this does not sit well....

Ben would be wise to take note Rolling Eyes  
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 25 Sep 2013, 20:45

When you watch Ben as Batman maybe this will
spring to mind ?

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 26 Sep 2013, 03:02

L.O.V.E. I.T.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 26 Sep 2013, 19:32

OMG that video is tooooooo funny. Thanks for posting Cheerleader
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 26 Sep 2013, 21:26

It certainly brightens up a dismal day....together 
with the first one that it's in response to.
Sofa bounce 
That's hysterical every time I see it !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 27 Sep 2013, 01:51

OK, you twisted my arm...

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 27 Sep 2013, 06:04

Melbert you must be psychic, about an hour ago I was watching that exact clip on youtube and was about to post it, but started watching George clips and got distracted, it happens - I love it, hilarious. You have to catch the shows where Matt Damon takes over his show etc, so funny.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Sep 2013, 09:21

Thanks Mel......A good laugh to start my day.

Yes.....that Matt Damon/Kimmell show is SO good! Lol

Last edited by Joanna on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 10:45; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 27 Sep 2013, 09:40

Oh what a laugh. Love that video too. Full lenght NICE. Matt Damon is really funny.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down