George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Tomorrowland is filming right by our home.

+14
madjyo
Atalante
playfuldeb
Mazy
Joanna
it's me
theminis
silly girl
Butterfly
Carla97
Nicky80
fluffy
Katiedot
canadiangirl
18 posters

Go down

Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. Empty Tomorrowland is filming right by our home.

Post by canadiangirl Wed 14 Aug 2013, 08:44

Hi all, I am new here. Been a fan of George since Facts Of Life.
Just found out today that he is in our area. We have lots of filming going on here all the time, but its hardly ever a favorite actor of mine. How cool is that?!
They start filming scenes of Tomorrowland soon.
They have rented out a neighbors farm and cornfield. Last we heard the corn was not tall enough so they are waiting on it.
I have not seen George, but I am looking for him!  A few people have spotted him already though.
We are in BC Canada, a little place called Enderby. We have farmland, mountains, lakes, lush tree's and desert type terrain so lots of scifi stuff gets filmed around here.
About 8 to 10 hours north of Vancouver.
If I am fortunate enough to meet him I will try to take pics.
I can definitely get pics of the farm though.
Nice to meet all of you  Smile

canadiangirl
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. Empty Re: Tomorrowland is filming right by our home.

Post by Katiedot Wed 14 Aug 2013, 08:51

Oh wow, how cool is that! Please keep an eye out for us and keep us updated with everything you see but please please please don't do anything silly or take pictures where you shouldn't and so on.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tomorrowland is filming right by our home. Empty Re: Tomorrowland is filming right by our home.

Post by fluffy Wed 14 Aug 2013, 08:56

Hi Canadiangirl and welcome! What a great start to have on COH! I'm sure we're all really eager to see any pics you might have, but do be careful, remember everyone can read this page so you could have Georgie on your tail!!! Good luck! cheers 
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 08:58

Thanks canadiangirl, welcome to the forum, sounds exciting. Good luck in finding him and take pics. Can't wait for an update   Basketball
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:17

Nice. Hope she gets to see him.

I was seated close to Peter Coyote in the restaurant last spring. He was exactly like in a movie I had seen a long long time ago "bitter moon", same touch and same voice Smile I think I was the only one to recognize him there and he noticed that I did.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:10

Hi canadiangirl and welcome! Thank you for a picturesque description of the place, it sounds beautiful where you live.Smile 

I have mixed feelings about this....I am happy to hear news about George, but sad at the same time that he has left Europe.

Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:12

Welcome and thanks for the info...

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:27

Butterfly wrote:Hi canadiangirl and welcome! Thank you for a picturesque description of the place, it sounds beautiful where you live.Smile 

I have mixed feelings about this....I am happy to hear news about George, but sad at the same time that he has left Europe.

Feel the same. We were really lucky this year   Love3 Hope he is coming back soon   Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 14 Aug 2013, 13:09

Welcome, yes please let us know what you learn and see
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 14 Aug 2013, 13:44

Butterfly wrote:Hi canadiangirl and welcome! Thank you for a picturesque description of the place, it sounds beautiful where you live.Smile 

Me too
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 14 Aug 2013, 16:45

Enderby looks a beautiful area.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 16:54

Uh yes looks very nice. They have a "George Street". He has his marks everywhere hahaha
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 14 Aug 2013, 20:08

Welcome CanadianGirl glad to have you here. We appreciate any information and pictures that you get legally and safely. Hope you enjoy COH.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 14 Aug 2013, 20:11

Hello CanadianGirl. Welcome to the forum, thank you for the heads up, please post pics if you get any (and please try!) and feel free to post on this forum. Most of us dont bite!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Thu 15 Aug 2013, 07:45

Katiedot wrote:Oh wow, how cool is that!  Please keep an eye out for us and keep us updated with everything you see but please please please don't do anything silly or take pictures where you shouldn't and so on.
I am 42 and have worked in the film industry all of my life and I am a photographer so I know my rights and all the things expected when it comes to that type of thing. If they are in a public place I do have the law on my side and can photograph anyone except minor children. That is the law here. After a lifetime of being a photographer I have found that asking and being polite about it goes a long way though.
I have also seen the dark ugly side of paparazzi, I have seen first hand how it can hurt, so no I personally am not into being intrusive and invading anyone's privacy, but thanks.

canadiangirl
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 15 Aug 2013, 07:59

We thank you being so kind as to share some photos we tend to get a bit desperate when not seeing or hearing what George is doing for awhile. Thanks again.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Thu 15 Aug 2013, 08:13

Nicky80 wrote:Uh yes looks very nice. They have a "George Street". He has his marks everywhere hahaha
LOL! Yes George street in Enderby is named after Forbes George a political figure. Also its British Columbia Canada so we pay homage to the British Monarchy of England so George is used a lot. Its a good name Smile

canadiangirl
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Thu 15 Aug 2013, 08:15

playfuldeb wrote:Hello CanadianGirl. Welcome to the forum, thank you for the heads up, please post pics if you get any (and please try!) and feel free to post on this forum. Most of us dont bite!
I will. So far there is nothing really to photograph. We have been to that farm before. Its still just a house, barns and a corn field so far. They did add a couple of cranes the other day though.

canadiangirl
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Thu 15 Aug 2013, 08:29

Who knew corn could hold up a big Disney film?  LOL!
We had way too much rain this year and had flooding so the corn is a bit behind and it is not quite tall enough for what they need so filming is as of today going to start on Monday and will continue through to at least mid September.
We have worked on tv/film sets for many years and I can tell you that this is a huge film!
Some crew member we know have told us its going to be just over 300 crew members and will house 5 acres of trucks.
The average film uses 1 acre!
This is the main location shoot with special effects and some other scenes to be done in Vancouver.
Its smack dab in this little farming community of 3000 people so its not hard to miss.
I am thinking they will be putting up privacy screens or maybe they are using green-screens already anyhow. Its a pretty open area.
We have forest fires all over right know due to lightning, its really hot here as its summer so the air is very smokey and water bombers/helicopters are buzzing all around so I wonder if that will delay production?
Anyhow we do know where the crew is staying and where George has been seen several times already. He frequents a favorite bakery/coffee shop of ours and I have been going several times a day to see if I can bump into him. No luck so far.
I am a photographer and I even leave all my gear in my car so I don't scare him away, but no luck yet LOL!
I have been a fan for over 20 years since seeing him on 'Facts Of Life' I think, and I have met a lot of celebs over the years through work, but only a few have got me all a flutter and George is one of them  Very Happy
Just in case any one is concerned I don't plan on talking about anything private here. I am only posting stuff that is already been made public or is common knowledge around here in our area, so no worries!

canadiangirl
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 15 Aug 2013, 08:33

canadiangirl wrote:Just in case any one is concerned I don't plan on talking about anything private here. I am only posting stuff that is already been made public or is common knowledge around here in our area, so no worries!
That's so cool. Super excited! Hug1 
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 15 Aug 2013, 11:34

Enjoy this adventure Canadiangirl
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 15 Aug 2013, 19:38

What bakery ? lol!

And the women in Okanagan area are alerted: LINK Laughing 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Sat 21 Sep 2013, 07:57

Hi all.
Tomorrowland is all finished shooting where I am.
Found out through a friend that works with the film commission here that George was probably here for one day and it was all just gossip that he was around in shops and what not.
Long story short I ended up down in Vancouver, did some extra work for another film and ended up getting onto the Van set of Tomorrowland and I was privileged to meet George.
I have met many actors in my line of work and I can honestly say he is one of the nicest.
He reminded me of an old school gentleman.
I saw him pull out chairs etc for women, hold doors for people.
Just a really good person! Sadly that is a rare thing today LOL!
Anyhow he was gorgeous and very friendly. all smiles gave us all a warm hug.
he was a bit shorter than I expected for some reason, but its a meeting I will not forget!
Sorry I have not been on here.
work has been a bit insane the last couple months.
You guys are all pretty awesome!

canadiangirl
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 21 Sep 2013, 08:22

i'm so happy for you that you got to meet George. He most definitely is a gentleman. We see it so often in many of his pictures and comments from people that know him or have just met him.

George might not be as tall in stature as he was before his accident, but he is huge in character. the Best.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 21 Sep 2013, 09:03

Congratulations on meeting him! Let us know more details once you've got a minute!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:54

canadiangirl...Thanks for confirming what we knew about Our George being simply The Best.....not a Saint.....but The Best. Coolio 

Who wants a Saint anyway ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 21 Sep 2013, 13:15

Thank you so much for your post canadiangirl Hello! 
I am happy for you Very Happy However, I am also curious to hear more....please tell more when you catch time.

Also, you said that Tomorrowland has finished shooting in your area. Do you know how long will George be there?
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 21 Sep 2013, 13:52

Yeah! Tell us Very Happy you lucky lady! flower 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 21 Sep 2013, 14:41

Joanna wrote:canadiangirl...Thanks for confirming what we knew about Our George being simply The Best.....not a Saint.....but The Best.   Coolio 

Who wants a Saint anyway ?
I really like the way you said that Joanna. We still need the devilish one too. <3
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Sat 21 Sep 2013, 15:10

Nice to hear 'n' read everything from you. Such a candid 'n' vivid description. Felt as if we were there. Wow.. a photographer too. When do we get to see some pics, is it possible. Anyway, thanks for all, canadian girl  Give Flowers

Last edited by madjyo on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 15:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just not getting the smileys properly)
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 22 Sep 2013, 18:58

Congrats canadiangirl, that is a great experience. cheers

Did you had some time to speak to him and ask him something???? I'm so noisy Embarassed

Thanks for sharing Give Flowers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 22 Sep 2013, 19:19

Very cool....thanks for sharing....sunny 

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 22 Sep 2013, 19:33

Fun . Thanks for sharing . Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewitched Sun 22 Sep 2013, 20:05

Lucky ducky girl. Smile 
Bewitched
Bewitched
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 22 Sep 2013, 22:35

Yes really more than lucky Smile

Does this mean he is not in Canada anymore?

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 03:44

Would you be willing to tell me how he smells? I always wanted to know the answer to that. No seriously, let us know if you get that popular fan pick.

canadiangirl wrote:Who knew corn could hold up a big Disney film?  LOL!
We had way too much rain this year and had flooding so the corn is a bit behind and it is not quite tall enough for what they need so filming is as of today going to start on Monday and will continue through to at least mid September.
We have worked on tv/film sets for many years and I can tell you that this is a huge film!
Some crew member we know have told us its going to be just over 300 crew members and will house 5 acres of trucks.
The average film uses 1 acre!
This is the main location shoot with special effects and some other scenes to be done in Vancouver.
Its smack dab in this little farming community of 3000 people so its not hard to miss.
I am thinking they will be putting up privacy screens or maybe they are using green-screens already anyhow. Its a pretty open area.
We have forest fires all over right know due to lightning, its really hot here as its summer so the air is very smokey and water bombers/helicopters are buzzing all around so I wonder if that will delay production?
Anyhow we do know where the crew is staying and where George has been seen several times already. He frequents a favorite bakery/coffee shop of ours and I have been going several times a day to see if I can bump into him. No luck so far.
I am a photographer and I even leave all my gear in my car so I don't scare him away, but no luck yet LOL!
I have been a fan for over 20 years since seeing him on 'Facts Of Life' I think, and I have met a lot of celebs over the years through work, but only a few have got me all a flutter and George is one of them  Very Happy
Just in case any one is concerned I don't plan on talking about anything private here. I am only posting stuff that is already been made public or is common knowledge around here in our area, so no worries!
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Tue 24 Sep 2013, 19:09

Thanx ktsue for your post! cheers  I would also like to know how he smells, this is important info!Very Happy 

In my imagination, George's fragrance is sophisticated and mystical, with a touch of freshness. Something like when you just finish a shower, so there is that clean and fresh air in a room....but there is also something refined and mystical in the air. Something that is very private and intimate, and belongs just to George.Hug1

Love3 Give Flowers2 This big
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 24 Sep 2013, 19:27

you a poet! cheers 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 20:03

Butterfly wrote:Thanx ktsue for your post! cheers  I would also like to know how he smells, this is important info!Very Happy 

In my imagination, George's fragrance is sophisticated and mystical, with a touch of freshness. Something like when you just finish a shower, so there is that clean and fresh air in a room....but there is also something refined and mystical in the air. Something that is very private and intimate, and belongs just to George.Hug1

Love3 Give Flowers2 This big
I´d like to know too Embarassed 
but how to describe pheromones hmmm
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 24 Sep 2013, 21:53

huhhhhhhh!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Tue 24 Sep 2013, 22:16

it's me wrote:you a poet! cheers 
Thanx it's me I love you Yes, I am poetic.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 25 Sep 2013, 00:14

There is a thread somewhere on the form entitled
"How does George smell ?" I think.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 25 Sep 2013, 00:26

maybe

(Jo ........)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 25 Sep 2013, 02:01

for the 2nd time

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down