George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris

+3
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris Empty The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris

Post by Katiedot Tue 13 Aug 2013, 13:06

While I'm not the world's greatest Solaris fan, gotta agree that this is worth watching.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Solaris (2002); Steven Soderbergh, director.

While 2011 was the first time Soderbergh came to SDCC (hawking Haywire, which could just as well be on this list) he was represented at the Con years earlier by none other than James Cameron.

Solaris sank a lot of dough down a black hole, but I don’t think anyone on the team had any misgivings about the film they were making. (And 20th Century Fox is not in the business of saying “no” to James Cameron.) As a result, we have that rarest of things – a thoughtful, inspired and intelligent science fiction film with state of the art effects. It’s a gorgeous looking (and sounding) film that, once you get on its wavelength, is mesmerizing. There are times when I think I prefer this (vastly shorter) version to the Andrei Tarkovsky original.

If you didn’t go and see it in the theater you owe society one.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris Empty Re: The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris

Post by melbert Tue 13 Aug 2013, 13:11

video blocked by FOX.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris Empty Re: The best movies you probably never saw: Solaris

Post by it's me Tue 13 Aug 2013, 13:12

Love that movie

Mysterious ways for love I love you 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Tue 13 Aug 2013, 17:23

Love is a mysterium it's me

mysterious like Solaris

or an odyssee like

O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 13 Aug 2013, 17:43

melbert wrote:video blocked by FOX.

Oh.....BumTits on Stilts with Knobs On !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 13 Aug 2013, 19:56

Yeah it is blocked for me too. FOX is a problem LOL. But will watch the movie this weekend.  Can't wait  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 13 Aug 2013, 20:50

Vi wrote:Love is a mysterium it's me

mysterious like Solaris

or an odyssee like

O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Mysterium? It´s not about love, it´s about life, faith and spirituality, no?
Are you telling me there is no romance in this film?

I want romance.

I´ll look for it tonight, if it doesn´t contain romance/love
I will watch out of africa or something...Smile
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down