George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night....

+12
NotAvailable
Carla97
LornaDoone
Katiedot
Mazy
melbert
it's me
Nicky80
mosaic
Joanna
Doug Ross
silly girl
16 posters

Go down

George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... Empty George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night....

Post by silly girl Mon 29 Jul 2013, 15:57

Why the eternal bachelor prefers friends — and dogs — to wives!
By Nelson Branco
In recent months, the biggest cliffhanger in Hollywood hasn’t been whether or not the butler did it but will latest Mrs. George Clooney hopeful, professional wrestler and actress Stacy Keibler, finally make the classic film star an honest man?
Don’t count on it. Even before the couple’s recent breakup, Zoomer sat down with the candid and impossibly handsome silver-haired 50-year-old bachelor, who relayed he’s too weary to crawl down the aisle.
But don’t fret: Master Clooney has something more gratifying than a wedding ring.
“Friends,” he says, with that relentless sexy smile.
“One of my most beautiful friendships is coincidently with one of the prettiest men on the planet,” he offers. “You may have heard of him: Mr. Brad Pitt.”
He continues, “If you have three good friends, I think that’s half the battle [in life] — especially in [show business]. Everything else is icing on the cake.”
Although they are often competing against each other’s perfectly groomed stubble for awards and film roles, there is no professional rivalry between the two most coveted men.
“I have never felt competition with him,” the Lexington, Kentucky native attests. “I have only felt a great deal of friendship and support from him and for him.  We don’t wager, we don’t bet.  We just look at each other and slap each other on the back and wish each other well.”
Most impressively, Clooney adds, “Brad’s commitment and passion to help the world become a more peaceful and loving place inspires me. I don’t think Brad gets enough credit for his humanitarian efforts and accomplishments. He’s also a pretty damn fine actor. He deserves a few Oscars… but not as many as I have!”
OK: Get a room, guys!

But seriously, the other thing that keeps Clooney fulfilled — and warm at night – may surprise you.
Other than his Oscar Award, Clooney enthuses, “My dog. They are the best creatures on the earth. Although I only have one dog —who eats for four, by the way — I try to rescue as many as I can from the pound because despite all they’ve been through they have the most beautiful and resilient spirits. I suggest everyone go to your local pound and rescue a dog. They’re the best in the game.”
Pressing on, Zoomer couldn’t resist but ask: what makes the romantically stubborn Clooney so commitment shy? Well, other than his first failed marriage (to Talia Balsam), Clooney ambiguously points to his psyche as a clue.
“You can probably figure it out through the roles and films I’ve chosen,” he answers coyly. “Even I have never gotten to the bottom of my psyche and issues, so people are really wasting their time if they think they can. All the contradictions and conundrums within me I get to work out on the big screen.
If that’s true, we don’t even want to analyze what kind of psychology he was working out in Batman.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... Empty Re: George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night....

Post by Doug Ross Mon 29 Jul 2013, 16:43

“One of my most beautiful friendships is coincidently with one of the prettiest men on the planet,” he offers. “You may have heard of him: Mr. Brad Pitt.”  

I can't understand if these two are best friends!

Last edited by Doug Ross on Mon 29 Jul 2013, 20:07; edited 2 times in total

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night.... Empty Re: George Clooney and what keeps him warm at night....

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Jul 2013, 16:56

As long as the comment about him and dogs is correct
 I don't care ! 
It could be true as I believe his parents have always had dogs in their lives and even a three legged cat, from memory of some thing Nick Clooney wrote years ago.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Mon 29 Jul 2013, 17:43

Clooney enthuses, “My dog. They are the best creatures on the earth. Although I only have one dog —who eats for four, by the way — I try to rescue as many as I can from the pound because despite all they’ve been through they have the most beautiful and resilient spirits. I suggest everyone go to your local pound and rescue a dog. They’re the best in the game.”

I agree. Two of the best pets I've ever had came from a pound. Only, I would add to this statement to let the animals "choose" you...by their wagging tails or purring or the bright light in their eyes when you come into view...

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 18:29

I believe that with is friends but not with Brad Pitt I think they took this out of something else and switched something. But for sure I believe his friends and dog are most important.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 18:32

".....what makes the romantically stubborn Clooney so commitment shy? Well, other than his first failed marriage (to Talia Balsam), Clooney ambiguously points to his psyche as a clue.
“You can probably figure it out through the roles and films I’ve chosen,” he answers coyly
".....

I can't figure it out. His movies are always different and in descendants he plays hysband and father. So don't know what that sentance means.....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:45

Is this interview
real....?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 30 Jul 2013, 02:14

I think it's a compilation of articles this person has read on George and created his own "interview". A few "facts" seem to be missing.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 30 Jul 2013, 06:06

This has been popping up on twitter and I dismissed it as false. He says that he was talking to the "silver fox" the other day; where, when or how. There's so much of this garbage going around and 99% of it is not true. JMO
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Jul 2013, 08:06

It does seem like an odd interview.  Hmmm

Nicky80 wrote: I can't figure it out. His movies are always different and in descendants he plays hysband and father. So don't know what that sentance means.....
 He rarely plays romantic roles and even when he's married, his wife is gone/in a coma/is off screen the whole time/separated from him.  

In contrast, a lot of the roles he plays are of the strong, individual man, going it alone against the world.

"All the contradictions and conundrums within me I get to work out on the big screen."  If that’s true, we don’t even want to analyze what kind of psychology he was working out in Batman.
Hahahahaha!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 30 Jul 2013, 18:04

What keeps George warm at night? A nice blanky and a bottle of Casamigos tequilla.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 19:46

Katiedot wrote:It does seem like an odd interview.  Hmmm

Nicky80 wrote: I can't figure it out. His movies are always different and in descendants he plays hysband and father. So don't know what that sentance means.....
  He rarely plays romantic roles and even when he's married, his wife is gone/in a coma/is off screen the whole time/separated from him.  

In contrast, a lot of the roles he plays are of the strong, individual man, going it alone against the world.

Ah thanks, now I understand  ..interesting
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 20:05

But a wife in coma or husband in a dead bed can make a romantic story, no?
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Jul 2013, 20:10

Not in the traditional sense, which is what I think George is getting at.  

He rarely play roles where he has to romantically (in a stereotypically Hollywood way) interact with his wife/partner, particularly not in the past few years.  In fact, in The American, Michael Clayton and Up in the Air, you could even say that one of the defining characteristics in his roles is his inability to connect romantically to his love interest. Even in the Descendants he plays a man who's been emotionally disconnected from his family for years and has to re-learn their relationships.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 20:32

True Katiedot and it all makes sense. How come I never thought of it myself, it really is so as you say.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 20:43

Yeah never thought this way as well. Katiedot you are brainstorming today  LOL.....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 30 Jul 2013, 22:46

Guess he prefers that
So not to be too much exposed
Showing some kind of (even fake) intimacy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 31 Jul 2013, 08:01

But here he IS talking about marriage, not necessarily a relationship. Marriage is not something everyone does. I have known ppl who never ever married but they had several relationships thru the years of their life, despite how others frowned upon it.

Perhaps he will eventually find someone he may want to share his life with, but marriage I don't think he will ever choose. And that woman would have to accept that and share the love. As that's what the relationship is really about. Love.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Garabedian Wed 31 Jul 2013, 08:53

I would say Einstein by his side keeps him warm at night, it used to be max, the piggy, but not the doggie. no kitty, but with piggy or doggie, this is someon who loves u unconditionally no matter what u have done or do, just give u love and affection and that is all they want from u. I guess that is what keepps george at peace with himself and love of friends, parents, and family. bg

Barbara Garabedian
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 17:46

Joanie's Clone wrote:But here he IS talking about marriage, not necessarily a relationship. Marriage is not something everyone does. I have known ppl who never ever married but they had several relationships thru the years of their life, despite how others frowned upon it.

Perhaps he will eventually find someone he may want to share his life with, but marriage I don't think he will ever choose. And that woman would have to accept that and share the love. As that's what the relationship is really about. Love.

Ok I think I can be that woman. I accept that and share the love. He just needs to meet me Love4
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 31 Jul 2013, 18:10

George Clooney wrote:"Even I have never gotten to the bottom of my psyche and issues, so people are really wasting their time if they think they can".
Not really a subtle message to this forum, is it? Wink
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 31 Jul 2013, 18:12

I know what keeps George warm at night . . . a blanket
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Wed 31 Jul 2013, 18:22

Joanie's Clone wrote:But here he IS talking about marriage, not necessarily a relationship. Marriage is not something everyone does. I have known ppl who never ever married but they had several relationships thru the years of their life, despite how others frowned upon it.

You're right. What matters is living happily together.
Marriage is a traditional institution.   Has sentimental symbolism, so some choose it to reaffirm their union & regard it legitimized.
Conventional marriage is not a prerequisite for happy cohabitation.
I do love seeing brides in pure white dresses, though, just for the visual appeal.

Wedding
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:24

We perfectly know what is better for us

And what is in our heart Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:35

Ah
What keep him warm at night are

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:37

Katiedot wrote:
George Clooney wrote:"Even I have never gotten to the bottom of my psyche and issues, so people are really wasting their time if they think they can".
Not really a subtle message to this forum, is it? Wink

Not so subtle and if he really wanted to a good therapist could help him along!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:37

playfuldeb wrote:I know what keeps George warm at night . . . a blanket

You forgot the bottle of tequilla.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 01 Aug 2013, 12:41

Well... Man shall not live by his dog alone, but by...

Laughing
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 Aug 2013, 14:03

Hi Pari!!
Your avatar seems good Very Happy
What is it?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 01 Aug 2013, 17:48

We can only assume and generalize about anyone that we do not know personally, and then it is only an assumption.

It would appear that George is a very conservative in more aspects of his life than not. He is liberal where it needs to be, in his politics. Which makes him a great advocate for equality of all human beings not a chosen select group.

He is not afraid of what people say or think when it comes to standing up for justice. I don't think there is much that keeps him warm at night he is too busy thinking about what he must do next.

Mind you this is just an assumption.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 01 Aug 2013, 18:39

it's me wrote:Hi Pari!!
Your avatar seems good Very Happy
What is it?

Thank you... Smile A stone-heart that I found in one wilderness, It's me Smile At some angles, I thought it looked like the scar-faced pig I know HAHAHAHAHA

Sorry Mazy, was your note for me... ?  Yes, I agree that most of us could be making a lot many assumptions about George... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Thu 01 Aug 2013, 18:56

He is not afraid of what people say or think when it comes to standing up for justice. I don't think there is much that keeps him warm at night he is too busy thinking about what he must do next.

He's a human being above all, who actually needs to sleep too.
Can't function on just thinking about how to save the world...
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 Aug 2013, 19:34

A stone? Ah....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 01 Aug 2013, 21:31

Sorry Pari I had to find you post before I answered.
No.
In general myself and anyone of us that think we know what anyone else is thinking/feeling. I know I do it a lot specially where George is concerned. I eliminate the junk and go from there sometimes everyone thinks I believe he is perfect I don't just keep what I assume to be his lesser points to myself.

So like a lot of us I assume to know what's what. ha ha did I make any sense?
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down