George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Alexander Louis - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Alexander Louis - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Alexander Louis - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Alexander Louis - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Alexander Louis - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Alexander Louis - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Alexander Louis - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Alexander Louis - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Alexander Louis - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Alexander Louis

+13
Merlin
melbert
amaretti
Carla97
Lighterside
Nicky80
What Would He Say
Joanna
playfuldeb
Juliette Hardy
silly girl
it's me
LornaDoone
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Alexander Louis - Page 2 Empty Re: George Alexander Louis

Post by playfuldeb Thu 25 Jul 2013, 22:54

Just an article about the name

http://shine.yahoo.com/royal-baby-july/george-alexander-louis--twitter-reacts-to-the-royal-baby-name-175506684.html

The royal baby George Alexander Louis is only 3 days old, but he’s already causing controversy—not because of his parents Kate Middleton and Prince William, but because of his name.

Almost immediately after Kensington Palace announced the baby’s name on Wednesday, Twitter exploded with jokes on the similarities between the names George Alexander Louis and Jason Alexander; the latter belongs to the actor who played George Costanza on "Seinfeld."

Examples: @RandiChase: “I love how the royal baby was named after George from Seinfeld. Even if not true—I will believe it anyway.” @rutesperanza: “Royal baby named George Alexander. Seinfeld character was named George ...Played by Jason ALEXANDER! This has conspiracy written all over it.” @LindsayDunnCTV: “Who knew Kate & William were such #Seinfeld fans? Named the baby with a mix of Jason Alexander & his character George Costanza.”

The hype grew so much that even Jason Alexander weighed in. On Wednesday, he tweeted, “So honored that the future King of England will bear the proud and noble name of ‘George.’ Serenity Now!”

And while it’s (highly) unlikely that Seinfeld had any influence on Middleton and Prince William’s decision to name their baby George (in fact, royal experts told the Daily Mail on Wednesday that the name George Alexander Louis isn’t symbolic at all; rather, it’s simply a name the couple likes), the name George is rich in history.

The paper reported that it was the moniker of the patron saint of England and of Queen Elizabeth's late father George IV—and was a top bookie pick, ahead of James, Alexander, Arthur, and Louis. It was also the 12th most popular name in England. And on Wednesday the Associated Press, reported that six British kings have been named George with four reigning in a row.

Public opinion was firmly divided down the middle. Plenty were excited: @tam356 tweeted, “Yes!! They called the baby George!!!! I was right Very Happy love that name,” and @NicolaP15 wrote “Cute name.” And obviously the name went over well with people named George. Former Star Trek actor George Takei tweeted, “His name is George. #OhMyyy.” Journalist George Stephanopoulos tweeted, “So do I send the new prince a Curious George?” and Boy George wrote, “Prince Georgie! Beautiful!”

Others turned up their nose: @GaryJanetti wrote, "Royal Baby was a better name," and TMZ founder Harvey Levin tweeted, “Royal Baby Name George Alexander… A Big Miss. What do you think of the name?”

Name expert Albert Mehrabian, professor emeritus of psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles and author of The Baby Name Report Card was surprised by the royal couple’s decision to name their baby George. In a previous study, he asked subjects to describe a stranger based solely on their name and the response to George was lukewarm. “The name doesn’t conjure an image of a fun, popular, masculine man, however, it does convey honesty and caring,” he said. “And the name Alexander scores very high when it comes to success.”

But in a world where baby names have become a competition for parents to out-weird each other — North, Blue Ivy, Apple, Cricket, Pilot Inspektor, and Rainbow Aurora — it's refreshing to see a classic name like George back on the radar.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 25 Jul 2013, 23:32

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 25 Jul 2013, 23:45

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 20:50

I always loved the song from Johnny Cash Very Happy 

Artical from TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/24/royal-baby-name-george-alexander-kate-middleton-prince-william/

Royal Baby Name George Alexander A Big Miss

Prince William and Kate Middleton need to cut loose from tradition -- naming their kid George Alexander is right out of the royal playbook -- which dare we say is getting a little dusty.

We're not saying the royals need to steal a page from Gwyneth Paltrow and name the kid after fruit, but it wouldn't be terrible to give the kid a name that's a little more fun than "George."

No offense, Mr. Clooney.

But let's face it ... the most awesome royal name ever is not held by a royal at all ... it's held by a Jackson -- All hail Jermajesty!

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 29 Jul 2013, 02:35

Damn, I spent over $40,000 having my 3 cherubs and all I got was 3 epidurals and sore boobs.

George Alexander Louis - Page 2 Prince10
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 29 Jul 2013, 02:43

Nope, I didn't get anything like that either. My gifts were three enormous babes - and a series of what look like train tracks across my tummy as an extra bonus

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 29 Jul 2013, 03:23

I must have gone to the same doc you did PA-N! I've got those train tracks too! I did get a tiny blue t-shirt with the name of the hospital on it for my son. All I got was... nothing, except the bill!!!! Oh, and I got to take my son with me!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 29 Jul 2013, 04:40

Well yes I will say they were kind enough to let me bring all the babes home with me - pretty sure that the way I behaved in labour they were going to have a foster family ready and waiting -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 08:57

Oh you guys......very funny
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content