George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber

+5
it's me
Nicky80
lelacorb
Juliette Hardy
silly girl
9 posters

Go down

Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber Empty Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber

Post by silly girl Sat 20 Jul 2013, 02:16

Drinking Tequila with Clooney
Wine Enthusiast sits down with George Clooney and Rande Gerber to talk Tequila, wine and how to avoid a hangover.

Published on Jul 19, 2013
BY LESLEY JACOBS SOLMONSON

George Clooney and his longtime pal Rande Gerber (who owns the Whiskey Blue and Living Room bar chains) set out to make a small batch of their favorite Mexican booze and the Casamigos brand was born. Now, it’s coming to America. We sit down with the two to talk Tequila, wine and how to avoid a hangover.

Wine Enthusiast: How did Casamigos come to be?
George Clooney: Casamigos was always intended as our house Tequila for our homes in Mexico and only recently, at the urging of people who enjoyed it with us, we decided to make it available to the public.

WE: Why did you want to make Tequila?
Rande Gerber: George and I were on a never-ending search for the perfect Tequila. There were a few very good ones, but there was always something we wished we could change.
GC: Yeah, one we didn’t need to cover up with salt or lime.

WE: What is your favorite way to drink Casamigos?
GC: Depends on the setting. If we’re sitting around before dinner, I tend to enjoy it neat. If we are out at a bar and we’re drinking it all night long, Rande throws a few cubes in. We love that we can drink it straight all night long with no hangover the next morning.

WE: When it isn’t Tequila, what are some of your favorite wines?
GC: I’ve really come to like Barolos recently—and Valpolicella. Giacomo Conterno Barolo Monfortino comes to mind. And, lately, Zenato Amarone della Valpolicella.

WE: What is your favorite food and wine pairing?
GC: Pinot Grigio with fish, cooked fillet-style like they serve it in Italy. And some Tuscan reds when going more towards pastas with rich and heavy sauces.

WE: So, when you sip your Tequila, what comes to mind?
GC: Beachside in Cabo, just relaxing and watching the beauty of the earth in front of me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber Empty Re: Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber

Post by Juliette Hardy Sat 20 Jul 2013, 06:32

Good pairing of wine varieties with meal.
He seems to like northern Italian varieties like Barolo & Valpolicello.

WE: So, when you sip your Tequila, what comes to mind?
GC: Beachside in Cabo, just relaxing and watching the beauty of the earth in front of me.

Quite a connoisseur
Great lifestyle, n'est-ce pas?
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber Empty Re: Wine Enthusiast Interview with George Clooney and Rande Gerber

Post by lelacorb Sat 20 Jul 2013, 07:11

If we are out at a bar and we're drinking it all night long, Rande throws a few cubes in. We love that we can drink it straight all night long with no hangover the next morning.Hard to believe that drinking tequila all night he is not drunk even if it is Casamigos! liar George
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 20 Jul 2013, 07:33

thanks silly girl for the artical.

If I would drink Tequila all night long I would not only feel hangover the next morning maybe the whole week. Maybe I would not even survive the night. LOL Maybe I need to try it out to see how far I get Vomit 1 Vomit 1 Stretchered out Stretchered out

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 20 Jul 2013, 09:47

Lol
Adv baby adv!!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 17:23

Yep, all good till it got to the point "no hangover" , that was pushing it - too far. Smile The more it is advertised, more people think they need it. Like anything. This gives them excuse to buy stuff, even if they really want memories.

When you have a good night sleep nothing much memorable about that. But long night serious drinking? hmm whole another story. What does it matter if you look like you´ve been deep sea fishing all night. Hangover definately, funny stories maybe.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 23:50

He drinks a lot if he can drink tequila straight up all night long.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 27 Jul 2013, 00:05

Um, one of the brands has less alcohol in it. I saw one being described as weaker than other tequilas. Don't remember which, but I'll bet its their fav for the all nighters. So they can have its taste without the hangover punch.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MyG Sat 27 Jul 2013, 01:07

I really love blended margaritas with lime and salt.
I wonder if that would cause Rande and George to cringe. Two margaritas, maybe three...all night? Ouch!
MyG
MyG
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down