George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler

+53
Juliette Hardy
johnnya2k12
What Would He Say
Nicky80
GiGi
silly willy
iamnoone
noname
playfuldeb
annemarie
isogotit
madsky
amaretti
pandabear
lelacorb
Mazy
Dior
Natascha
MM
Henway
very vera
Best in Category
theminis
OofOof
Atalante
Lighterside
Joanna
Maggy
NotAvailable
Way2Old4Dis
it's me
party animal - not!
EEOsandy
LornaDoone
melbert
lovelylois
watching
Clooneygirl
Aly
lucy
blubelle
Missa
bamboochacha
m4rose
cindigirl
fava
The next mrs clooney
Cinderella
Katiedot
Lakin460
noodle
silly girl
57 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 Empty Re: Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler

Post by theminis Mon 22 Jul 2013, 03:31

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler - Page 7 Empty Re: Lifetime Picks Up Reality Series For Food Product Inventors Hosted By Stacy Keibler

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:29

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:42

It's on right now. Well, she's a little "stiff", but all in all, not doing too bad a job. Go Stacy Go!!!! The show is actually kinda stupid, but...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:43

You will watch it anyway - let me know how it pans out...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:44

Of course I'm watching it! Gotta take one for the team!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:45

Mel - you are so giving and kind to make such a sacrifice - thank you x
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:47

Anything for COH TheMinis! Just call on me! xoxoxoxox
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:52

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 23 Jul 2013, 04:18

I taped it and I'm just starting to watch it...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 23 Jul 2013, 04:20

drink some coffee...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 23 Jul 2013, 04:28

Well so far this show seems tough! To have a product and then in 90 mins to change it to make it more marketable is very difficult.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 23 Jul 2013, 04:31

melbert wrote:drink some coffee...

I think this show is on the wrong Network. It should be on Food Network or Cooking. That being said, I think it will appeal to folks who like food shows like "Chopped" and also shows like "How It's Made."

I'm a bit of a foodie so it's got my attention. I just don't know if any of these recipes, from what I've seen so far, would be anything I'd be interested in buying in a supermarket.

As to Stacy, for what she is doing, she seems ok.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 23 Jul 2013, 04:43

The show was interesting....I have done that process trying to sell a food product so their concerns were valid. The pricing I understood too. I was a buyer (not of food) so price point is always an issue. Not sure I agreed about the butterscotch cookie kits. I think she could really develop that idea.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 05:36

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 08:33

so in general she did a good show yeah? So do we know how many people viewed the show? Was it a success?
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 23 Jul 2013, 11:08

I hope Stacy has a success with her new venture.
She certainly deserves it IMO
The show poster is nice.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 23 Jul 2013, 11:50

Nicky80 wrote:so in general she did a good show yeah? So do we know how many people viewed the show? Was it a success?

I tried looking up overnight ratings but they don't seem to be available until 11 am the next day and only to subscribers of the Neilsen ratings service.

Perhaps later today someone will find the ratings and post.

Here's one review.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

'Supermarket Superstar': How did Stacy Keibler do in her TV hosting debut?

Stacy Keibler made her television hosting debut Monday night (July 22) when "Supermarket Superstar" premiered on Lifetime. The premise is that home cooks compete to have a product the A&P buyer thinks could be on a supermarket shelf, after a team of mentors help refine the products.

Keibler is the Heidi Klum of the show, though this show is no "Project Runway." It was combining the worst of a cooking show with the worst of a retail show, almost. There was just no oomph there.

George Clooney's ex looked beautiful, to be sure, but the show didn't really give her much chance to shine initially. Once it got rolling into the focus group part, she did get to sample the wares along with the mentors and focus group, so that was more fun.

When she was reading the critiques from the focus group, it would've been better if she'd ever memorized it or had a teleprompter or something, because it was distracting the way she kept looking down at the cards. But it's her first time, so we'll cut her some slack.

There's a big chunk in the middle third where they talk about marketing and Keibler is nowhere to be seen for a while, then in the end she reappears for the final showdown.

Latrice from Atlanta has peach cobbler cupcakes

Melissa from Glendale, Calif. has cookie cupcakes

Sean from Redondo is the cake bartender. He makes alcoholic cakes.

I have to make one comment about Sean and his cakes.

As much as his friends seemed to like the cakes, I knew he wasn't going to get picked to move on because he had one fatal flaw - he couldn't take advice from anyone who was in the business. He thought his product was the best and couldn't see anyone's advice as being valid.

Like a similar show - Shark Tank - there are people who put something together but then can't take advice that would help them really sell a product. They see only the wonderful thing they think they did and have wrapped up their egos into that specific product or invention and can't or won't see the bigger picture.

I think he and his friends will get to enjoy his booze cakes for years to come. But like the experts said, who wants to be carded every time they go to buy dessert?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 13:19

As for cupcake marketing, I bet marijuana brownies would sell well in states where it's legal. I'll get right on that & maybe you'll see me (a good 15 lbs. heavier!) if the show gets picked up next year! (Joking)

I didn't see the show, so big thanks to those who did & reported in!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 23 Jul 2013, 13:48

Yay, it's already online!!!!

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 23 Jul 2013, 14:18

melbert wrote:Yay, it's already online!!!!

Unavailable here in UK !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 23 Jul 2013, 14:43

I watched the show. Stacy was OK, but totally unncessary and somewhat wooden, especially when not speaking. In other words, she did not add any value or expertise except name recognition. I think they could use just a narrator or captions (like Shark Tank or HGTV Star, etc) or Debbie Fields could do it (like Heidi Klum on Project Runway). I could not tell if they edited out parts with SK, but it is very possible. Mrs. Fields had way more charisma and looked very comfortable and fun.

I also thought that they had really bad contestants for their premiere. Is that the best they could find? It does not bode well. I watch food shows and reality tv, so I would think I am part of their target demographic. The judges did not even like 2 of the products when they tasted them.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 23 Jul 2013, 15:37

melbert wrote:It's on right now.  Well, she's a little "stiff", but all in all, not doing too bad a job.  Go Stacy Go!!!!  The show is actually kinda stupid, but...
Laughing  Oh don't make me laugh, it's too fricking hot in Belgium 35 ° C !!!Twisted Evil 
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 24 Jul 2013, 12:41

Some reviews from the net:

Stacy Keibler & ''Supermarket Superstar' 2013 Premiere Gets Poor Reviews [VIDEO]
By Diana Cooper, EnStarz | Jul 23, 2013 02:36 PM EDT

The show, which was described as a mixture of Shark Tank and Cupcake Wars, is about food entrepreneurs who, with the help of experts, compete at a chance to win $10,000 in cash and $100,000 worth of product development from A&P buyers. David Hinckley from the New York Daily gave the show two out of five stars.

"The parts of the show where the mentors advise contestants on product tweaks and marketing strategies are instructive. But most viewers may come away wondering whether one slice of Sean's cake would have their guests all putting lampshades on their heads," Hinckley wrote.

Home cook Sean Allen competed against Latrice, who made a peach cobbler cupcake, and Melissa, who created a cookie cupcake. Zap2It's Andrea Reiher agreed with Hinckley saying, "Keibler is the Heidi Klum of the show, though this show is no Project Runway. It was combining the worst of a cooking show with the worst of a retail show, almost. There was just no oomph there."

Host Stacy Keibler, who appeared on season 2 of Dancing With the Stars, said she doesn't have a favorite contestant yet and wants "everybody to win." The 33-year-old model live tweeted during the show asking fans who their favorite contestant is and what they think of the show. Even though she is only hosting the show and not competing in it, Keibler shared her own plans on launching a food line.

"I love to cook. I'm actually developing my own healthy food line right now, so I'm really just trying to work with more spices and garlic and staying away from sauces and try to get the flavor for food and make it convenient," she told KTLA. The panel of judges include Debbi Fields from Mrs. Fields, Chris Cornyn of DINE Marketing and award-winning chef Michael Chiarello. The second episode of Supermarket Superstar airs Monday, July 29 at 10 p.m. EST on Lifetime.

link

Supermarket Superstars

C+ Rating

Supermarket Superstar  S1 / E1

D-  Community Grade  

When The Price Is Right debuted as a game show, its genius was that it picked something universal. Everyone goes to the supermarket, and most try to budget, so people were probably more likely to know how much a can of baked beans cost over who the sixth American president was. Shades of the supermarket’s universal appeal peeks through in Supermarket Superstar, a new Lifetime reality show co-produced by the Weinstein brothers, whose Project Runway made the successful jump to the Lifetime network six seasons ago. The new show attempts to be the culinary version of that runaway success, kind of a cross between a cooking competition and The Apprentice.

Each week, three contestants will bring their own recipe in a culinary category, like sauces, spreads and dips, or the “fast-growing category” of global cuisine. The debut episode features the easily palatable “Cakes.” The original recipes are critiqued by a panel of three: entrepreneur Debbi (Mrs.) Fields, who looks so amazing at fiftysomething she must have a portrait of herself crumbling on a cookie package somewhere, “mega-star chef and retail visionary” Michael Chiarello, and “branding guru and food product pioneer” Chris Cornyn. The contestants then take this advice and use it (or not) to revise their original recipe in the deluxe test kitchen, which interestingly includes a scanner so they can figure out their price point as they go along.

Our first “Cakes” contestant is Latrice, who is going through a divorce, and so needs this product to succeed so she knows there’s light at the end of tunnel. No pressure. She offers a peach cobbler cupcake, because she’s from Atlanta, which involves putting a peach cobbler on top of a cupcake. Mrs. Fields loves its peachy flakiness, but Chef Chiarello isn’t sure how to eat it “as a consumer.” Um, with your mouth? He explains that as a chef he tends to stack textures light to firm, which makes sense, so he suggests inverting the whole thing, putting the pie crust on the bottom, where the pie crust belongs.

Cornyn declares, “Latrice? The cupcake. It’s just. Been. Done.” The cupcake is over, people! He thinks selling baked goods to the consumer at this point is going to have to be something really special, so she should concentrate on the peachy part. Latrice, on the other hand, feels the cupcake is here to stay. Hear, hear!

Contestant number two, Melissa from California, is dressed, frighteningly, like a grownup version of Strawberry Shortcake. Not surprisingly, Melissa has had a “colorful” life, including working at theme parks and the circus. Now she throws kids’ baking parties, which actually sounds like a good marketing ploy, and offers for her product the cookie cupcake, “combining the best part of a cookie with the best part of the cupcake, where every bite is the best bite.” (The cupcake is back!) Even Mrs. Fields wants to know Melissa’s story behind her crazy character. Chef Chiarello finds Melissa’s butterscotch-chocolate-oatmeal-raisin combo palatably confusing.

Our final baker, Sean, also from California, calls himself a cake bartender, offering “cake buzz,” little bundt cakes that contain about two shots of alcohol apiece. Good Lord. He describes, “butterscotch schnapps and cognac, it’ll pull your wig back.” He wants people to “have your cake and drink it too.” The whole tasting table seems to get buzzed just off of the fumes, and Cornyn points out that they’re looking for something to be mass-produced, so having a cake you need an I.D. to be able to purchase could be problematic.

In the test kitchens, we learn that alcohol is expensive, as Sean’s fancy cognac gets his cakes up to about ten dollars apiece. So far he’s not making that much money off of them: not the best business plan. Chef Chiarello and Andrew Hunter, “one of the country’s top research and development experts,” beg him to at least consider replacing some of the alcohol with a much less expensive cognac extract, but Sean didn’t come all this way to listen to experts. Latrice did, though, as she successfully transforms her cupcake into a loaf cake and flips her recipe as Chef suggested. Melissa also gamely tries to listen to Chef, when she’s not all aflutter that he’s calling her “Princess,” and after narrowing her cookie cupcake flavor down between butterscotch and chocolate, she picks . . . butterscotch. Big mistake, as Chef and Hunter point out: “95 percent of people are going to pick chocolate, and butterscotch only a few.” That’s some scientific data, there.

Next, Mrs. Fields takes the revised product to a test group, which in this case is made up of three newlywed couples. Everyone freaks out when they learn their cakes are going to be tasted by newlyweds. Just because they went to a few tastings, they are now renowned cake experts? They’re newlyweds, shouldn’t they be happy and therefore fairly agreeable? Mrs. Fields is in charge of the focus group and charms the table, but for some reason the show makes the brides wear veils with their regular clothes, in case you forgot they were newlyweds. There is no excuse for this. Latrice’s new peach cobbler cake is declared the winner of the first round, and Sean is sent home. Lesson: Ignore the mentors at your peril. The parting line for this show is, “We’re not going to develop your product.” It’s hardly a “You’re not the Biggest Loser” or a Trump cobra-strike “You’re fired.” It’s the kind of comment that should be greeted with a shrug and, “OK, no hard feelings.”

Latrice and Melissa now get to develop their brand with some graphic designers, picking logo fonts and colors. Then they present their whole package to the big scary supermarket buyer (the show offers random shots of him throughout the episode, glowering like a lost Sopranos extra). Melissa is pitching a party in a box with an at-home baking set. Great concept, but as predicted, she made the wrong flavor choice. “You lost me at butterscotch,” says the buyer, the anti-Jerry Maguire.

Latrice fares better with her peach cobbler cake, but as the buyer points out, she’s aiming for the frozen food market, which has some stiff competition. Oh, just say it: Most people head straight for the Sara Lee. She still has the better product, though, so she defeats Strawberry Shortcake and gets $10,000 in cash and $100,000 worth of product development. In the show’s eventual grand finale, all the category winners will come back and compete: One product will be sold in A&P stores and their affiliated chains across the country, an opportunity that “could be worth millions.”

Great opportunity, but there are many more missed here. Keibler announced that the test kitchen was supposed to feature not just price and taste, but nutrition and shelf life; neither of the latter were addressed, and both would be pretty interesting. As would more information from the supermarket buyer on exactly what makes a consumer pick one product over another. Instead, we are treated to a round-robin of reality show clichés, serenaded by the usually overly dramatic reality competition music: “I can’t afford to make any mistakes,” “This is my only shot,” “This is where you bring your A game.” What, no “I’m not here to make friends”? And of course, the obligatory crying in the kitchen. There’s always crying in the kitchen.

Random observations:
•This show is great for supermarket trivia, if that’s what you’re into. Cornyn reports that supermarkets have grown on average 20% over the past 15 years, I would have guessed larger; most new supermarkets seem ginormous.
•Also, guess what PAM stands for: Product of Arthur Meyerhoff. The product placement on this show is just a little off-the hook.
•In the upcoming global food episode, we do see the chefs concentrate on sodium content in the test kitchen, and an argument for chicken thighs over white meat, so at least future Supermarket Superstars will pay some attention to nutrition and further attention to budget.
•Ex-wrestler/Clooney acquaintance Stacy Keibler states she’s on this show because she’s interested in creating her own snack line, but the show could get literally anyone to read those cue cards like she does. And when she has to wing something like, “Melissa, we can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with,” with a tight little smile, she really can’t sell it.

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 24 Jul 2013, 12:46

For those in the States, the show has gotten on board with a number of blogs to help sell / promote the show and they have provided $50.00 Amex cards as a "prize".  If you are interested, see the links below:

Saving with Shellie
My frugal adventures
Saving cents with sense
Survey Monkey
Madame Deals Facebook
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 24 Jul 2013, 12:58

Um, not a great start - less than half a million watched.

Monday's Cable Ratings: "Major Crimes," "Love & Hip Hop" Top Charts Once More
By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
select cable nielsen ratings
(national numbers for monday, july 22, 2013)

Here are the highlights of 30 ad-sustained programs that aired in primetime on the cable networks last night, courtesy of TravisYanan:

Major Crimes - TNT
5.380 million viewers, #1; 1.078 million adults 18-49 (0.9 rating), #9

WWE Raw (9:00) - USA
4.162 million viewers, #2; 1.781 million adults 18-49 (1.4 rating), #2

American Pickers (9:00) - History
4.073 million viewers, #3; 1.099 million adults 18-49 (0.9 rating), #8

WWE Raw (10:00) - USA
3.933 million viewers, #4; 1.709 million adults 18-49 (1.4 rating), #3

WWE Raw (8:00) - USA
3.922 million viewers, #5; 1.609 million adults 18-49 (1.3 rating), #5

Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta (8:00) - VH1
3.666 million viewers, #6; 2.482 million adults 18-49 (2.0 rating), #1

King & Maxwell - TNT
3.390 million viewers, #7; 0.593 million adults 18-49 (0.5 rating), #19

Regular Show (8:00) - Cartoon
2.552 million viewers, #8; 0.776 million adults 18-49 (0.6 rating), #15

Hit the Floor (9:00) - VH1
2.506 million viewers, #9; 1.648 million adults 18-49 (1.3 rating), #4

Fast N' Loud (9:00) - Discovery
2.274 million viewers, #10; 1.290 million adults 18-49 (1.0 rating), #6

Lizard Lick Towing (10:00) - truTV
2.215 million viewers, #11; 1.075 million adults 18-49 (0.8 rating), #10

Real Housewives of Orange County (9:00) - Bravo
2.039 million viewers, #12; 1.208 million adults 18-49 (1.0 rating), #7

The Fosters (9:00) - ABC Family
1.894 million viewers, #13; 0.976 million adults 18-49 (0.8 rating), #12

God, Guns & Automobiles (10:00) - History
1.846 million viewers, #14; 0.698 million adults 18-49 (0.6 rating), #17

Teen Wolf (10:00) - MTV
1.783 million viewers, #15; 0.978 million adults 18-49 (0.8 rating), #11

Switched at Birth (8:00) - ABC Family
1.764 million viewers, #16; 0.971 million adults 18-49 (0.8 rating), #13

Mad (8:30, 15 Minutes) - Cartoon
1.612 million viewers, #17; 0.519 million adults 18-49 (0.4 rating), #21

God, Guns & Automobiles (10:30) - History
1.581 million viewers, #18; 0.689 million adults 18-49 (0.5 rating), #18

Street Outlaws (10:00) - Discovery
1.488 million viewers, #19; 0.828 million adults 18-49 (0.7 rating), #14

AwesomenessTV (8:00) - Nickelodeon
1.446 million viewers, #20; 0.338 million adults 18-49 (0.3 rating), #24

Below Deck (10:00) - Bravo
1.320 million viewers, #21; 0.765 million adults 18-49 (0.6 rating), #16

Cake Boss (9:00) - TLC
1.243 million viewers, #22; 0.580 million adults 18-49 (0.5 rating), #20

Kentucky Bidders (10:30) - truTV
1.019 million viewers, #23; 0.444 million adults 18-49 (0.4 rating), #22

Dance Moms: Abby's So Far This Season... (9:00) - Lifetime
0.979 million viewers, #24; 0.418 million adults 18-49 (0.3 rating), #23

Lab Rats (9:00) - Disney XD
0.656 million viewers, #25; 0.117 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #27

The Cheshire Murders - HBO
0.510 million viewers, #26; 0.228 million adults 18-49 (0.2 rating), #25

Crash & Bernstein (8:30) - Disney XD
0.503 million viewers, #27; 0.107 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #28

Disney XD Xology - Disney XD
0.447 million viewers, #28; 0.089 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #29

Supermarket Superstar (10:00) - Lifetime
0.440 million viewers, #29; 0.197 million adults 18-49 (0.2 rating), #26

Packages from Planet X - Disney XD
0.332 million viewers, #30; 0.055 million adults 18-49 (0.0 rating), #30

Source: Nielsen Media Research

Link to article
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnya2k12 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 09:00

440,000 viewers?! That's pretty much microscopic considering Stacy's been crushed not only by Raw, but Teen Wolf (and Under The Dome on the network side) as well.

But hey...it's only the first week, so I'm sure ratings will slowly pick up in the weeks to come; if not...you can forget about a Season 2.

johnnya2k12
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 25 Jul 2013, 09:38

Well I only saw a glimpse of her in some kind of trailer. She really should be more interested in what's going on. Laughing 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Thu 25 Jul 2013, 13:14

Atalante wrote:Well I only saw a glimpse of her in some kind of trailer. She really should be more interested in what's going on. Laughing 

Me too, she seem to have a blank stir on her face most of the time. Oh no, guess we will see what next Monday's ratings are.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 25 Jul 2013, 14:18

I wouldn't worry too much about the ratings right now...this isn't a primary network to begin with and we don't really know what they decided was the make or break magic number in viewership either.  I don't know how you can compare her numbers to major networks or even the WWE, which has millions of fans already in their base line.

I think they'll give it much more time to pick up ratings, since it isn't on a major network but we shall see.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 29 Jul 2013, 22:32

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:28

deleted

Last edited by melbert on Tue 30 Jul 2013, 13:30; edited 1 time in total
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 30 Jul 2013, 13:10

Can't see vid
Another source?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 16:23

What is international cuisine?
I don´t remember ever being to the international restaurant.

Any chance they try memma as dolci? It looks like merde de chien and better leave Gordon Ramsey to discripe how it tastes. sunny 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 30 Jul 2013, 18:13

It was "global" cuisine.

I found it interesting only because these folks really tie their entire lives to their submissions.  I knew the lady with the Portuguese soup was going home cause she REFUSED to take the judges suggestions and reduce the amount of sausage in the dish which was increasing the sodium content.  I mean 960 milligrams of sodium per serving??!!  That's a heart attack waiting to happen.

The lady from Russia was also a bit subborn.  She was insisting that that "flavorless" hot pocket she put together was AUTHENTIC Russion cuisine so she wasn't going to add anything else to it.  Ok, she did concede and agree to saute the meat instead of boiling the hell out of it and she did agree to add some garlic, but in the end, it still wasn't flavorful enough to win over the tasting panel.

Look, if you want to cook food like you'd get in Siberia (no flavor just damn happy to get a hot meal) then you're never going to make it in the freezer section in a US market!!

The soup (or stew) lady also didn't want to let go of the Portuguese only branding.  She was insisting that it had to Portuguese or nothing even though they tried to get her to make her packaging more generic to "Grandma's Stew" which would then allow her to open up her potential product offering in the future.

So in the end, the guy from Los Angeles, who did the Chinese and Mexican fusion food (I've seen his food truck on the streets by the way) won the $10 grand and is eligible to move on to the finals.

I'm actually finding the show interesting.  Stacy really doesn't add much but at least she's not fucking up her lines and doesn't look like a cow when she tries the food.  Ok I'm just being funny..

It will be intersting to see what's on next week.  Like I said, I'm a foodie and that aspect of the show I find interesting.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 30 Jul 2013, 18:19

Oh and the guy who won it did a tamale with kung pao chicken. So it had the corn masa outside with spicy kung pao chicken inside.

Kung pao chicken, for those who don't know, is a chicken mixture that includes spicy chili paste, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, onions and water chestnuts. They also add peanuts, but I suppose you could omit the peanuts to eliminate issues for people with nut allergies...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 30 Jul 2013, 18:29

I watched it too and thought SK doesn't really do much.  Very rote in her delivery.  Although she is asked her opinion which is different than most cooking competition shows.  I don't like the buyer because he is very instructive and has no real personality....

Oh and I totally thought the guy would win too as soon as I saw what he was offering.  It is global but people know it.  So known and different at the same time.
The buyer should have said or someone should have mentioned that he would need to continue working on his recipe to make sure it would not fall apart.

Last edited by silly girl on Tue 30 Jul 2013, 18:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarify)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainy Wed 31 Jul 2013, 08:18

A little bored at work ;)So I followed up at ratings, which Watching posted first..

Monday 29.7.

Supermarket Superstar (10:00) - Lifetime
0.237 million viewers, #26; 0.103 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #27

Rainy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:46

Just little bored?

Oh global cuisine, I see.
That is clear, but what I don´t get is how she could be a bankable tv-hostess by any stretch of the imagination.

Maybe she is a money magnet and knows how to serve the show´s script...I am beginning to think TV exists so that they can sell more toilet paper, razor blades and loreal"because you are worth it" products. Rolling Eyes 

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:49

Try watching the BBC .....quality programmes and no adverts !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:55

I do I do I do, and I love brittish humor. Smile
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainy Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:46

Carla97 wrote:Just little bored?

It's was kind of a understatement Very Happy

Rainy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnya2k12 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 03:41

UPDATE: Supermarket Superstar is moving to Thursdays at 10:30 pm.

I guess two weeks of getting beaten by Stacy's former employers was enough.

johnnya2k12
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 01 Aug 2013, 03:54

I thought that is just when it's repeated.  It is on twice a week, once on Monday, once on Thursday, same show. Stacy twitted that last week for anyone who missed the show on Monday, they could catch the repeat on Thursday.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 01 Aug 2013, 04:57

I was just watching her on ENews and she said it is on Thursday's after Project Runway at 10:30 pm...new episode Aug 8th.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 Aug 2013, 06:04

=====================================================
Looks like she's doing more promotion for the show:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 01 Aug 2013, 12:24

I stand corrected. I hadn't seen her Twit nor seen E!. With Project Runway as the lead in, maybe audience will increase for the show?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 01 Aug 2013, 15:48

melbert wrote:I stand corrected. I hadn't seen her Twit nor seen E!.  With Project Runway as the lead in, maybe audience will increase for the show?

I think that is what they are hoping for. However, if there is a big drop off with that lead-in, I'd say it's good bye to Supermarket Superstars. It seems a bit desperate to move the time after 2 episodes.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 02 Aug 2013, 05:56

Or it's a sign of confidence that it's good enough to hold onto the Project Runway ratings. They tend not to give the good time slots to programmes that are on their way to extinction but to something that'll grow in the oxygen of better viewing figures.

I haven't seen it but I have to say it doesn't sound like a very interesting show.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 06 Aug 2013, 01:40

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next