George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy

2 posters

Go down

Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy Empty Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy

Post by theminis Wed 12 Jun 2013, 23:56

This is very sad and poignant but beautiful in a way too, so thought Id share. 

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/06/13/06/13/boys-heartbreaking-moment-goes-viral

Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy Soldie10

It was a young boy's private moment of grief, but it has caught the attention of strangers across the world.

Luke Wise's mother snapped a photo of him as he sat curled up in a corner next to a photo of his soldier father, who was killed in Afghanistan four months earlier.

"Found my son sitting having a moment with his daddy (SFC Benjamin Wise) the other day," Traci Wise wrote on Facebook.

"We lost him January 15 in Afghanistan…we cannot forget about the incredible loss these children must undertake."

The heartbreaking photo, which has been shared more than 11,000 times, has provoked an emotional response on online forum Reddit. Reddit user TheMacMan posted it with the caption, "His mom caught him spending time with his daddy".

"I'm not usually too choked up on reddit but this really hit me hard," one user posted.
"Knowing soldiers are killed every day and leave children behind is heartbreaking," another wrote.

The boy's father, who was part of a Special Forces group, was aged 34 when he was killed on his fourth deployment to Afghanistan. 

Sources: Imgur, Facebook, Blackfive, Reddit
Author: Fiona Willan, Approving editor: Emma Chamberlain
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy Empty Re: Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy

Post by party animal - not! Thu 13 Jun 2013, 00:02

Oh, heartrending, Themi. I wonder if it's his way of trying to remember him...when they're so far away for long periods of time anyway, it must be very hard for little ones

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy Empty Re: Grieving Boy spends time with his soldier Daddy

Post by theminis Thu 13 Jun 2013, 00:12

It is heartbreaking, this soldier had 4 tours so don't know how much time he spent with his child, maybe he is indeed evoking memories by looking at his Daddys picture.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down