George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City

+7
Atalante
Picachu
Maggy
it's me
Juliette Hardy
silly girl
theminis
11 posters

Go down

Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City Empty Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City

Post by theminis Fri 07 Jun 2013, 02:52

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/06/07/09/37/archaeologists-discover-ancient-underwater-city

Some amazing photos at the link, for those who are bored with looking at endless pictures of George LOL

Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City Egypt10
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City Empty Re: Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City

Post by silly girl Fri 07 Jun 2013, 03:17

I love stuff like this...that is incredible. Thanks for the link....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City Empty Re: Divers discover Ancient Underwater Egyptian City

Post by theminis Fri 07 Jun 2013, 03:19

Youre' welcome, I too love all info related to archaeology, glad someone else does too xx
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Fri 07 Jun 2013, 03:22

Hmm... So maybe lost city of Atlantis isn't just a myth.
Thanks! Very Happy
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 07 Jun 2013, 06:48

Amazing!!!! affraid
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 07 Jun 2013, 06:51

silly girl wrote:I love stuff like this...that is incredible. Thanks for the link....
Me too
Thanks!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 07 Jun 2013, 06:52

I know, isn't it incredible that you can find things like this, a look into the past.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 07 Jun 2013, 08:08

Makes you wonder what else lies beneath?
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:52

Saw some youtubes about the old port of Heracleion, a long time ago. Basketball
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 07 Jun 2013, 14:01

Picachu wrote:Makes you wonder what else lies beneath?

Yeah! Absolutely!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 07 Jun 2013, 14:03

How could anyone be BORED!!! of our lovely Georgie?????? Theminis, are you sure you're in the right place?? Now if it was Georgie in an off-the-shoulder toga, then you're talking!!! flower
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 07 Jun 2013, 14:07

Lol
A toga? Nah, the quilt was enough interesting Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 07 Jun 2013, 14:09

Ops Kilt!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 07 Jun 2013, 14:46

fluffy wrote:How could anyone be BORED!!! of our lovely Georgie?????? Theminis, are you sure you're in the right place?? Now if it was Georgie in an off-the-shoulder toga, then you're talking!!! flower

Never never bored with George. However he is very learned so we have to keep up with our own knowledge, so that when one of us meets him we can keep up or end of the conversation. Ha Ha

Anyway Theminis thanks for this it really is amazing that the currents haven't eroded the different types of stone. We do not think about it much today, but back then they were pretty expert at building this kind of things. They did not have our technology but had to be very adapt at mathematics to be able to calculate stress from weight and everything else that's need for things to last. Beautiful.

Being married young I didn't graduate high school and even though I taught myself and got my GED I always felt that I missed so much on cultural learning. I earned more than half the credits for an accounting degree when my husband got sick. After he passed I never was able to go back. Since I have taken many course but not towards a degree. I feel that I need to learn something everyday just because I enjoy learning.

Sorry to rattle on thanks again for this very interesting, now fluffy, you are right, it is time for me to back to George also. ;~)

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 07 Jun 2013, 14:52

That area was very popular and even several Roman emperors visited it because Alexander the Great supposedly was buried there (his mausoleum moved twice due to robberies) but starting in 360 AD a series of events like warfare, riots, earthquake (a very powerful one) and a tsunami destroyed most of that area which sank in the sea. Everything was lost and despite centuries of relentless searching by archeologists, authors and amateurs it has remained so. With this new finding...maybe there is hope that one day the may find Alexander's tomb too.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 08 Jun 2013, 00:57

fluffy wrote:How could anyone be BORED!!! of our lovely Georgie?????? Theminis, are you sure you're in the right place?? Now if it was Georgie in an off-the-shoulder toga, then you're talking!!! flower

LOL - I honestly didn't expect anyone to read this thread what with all the photos of George lately. But George in a toga, I'll be thinking of that all day, thanks Fluffy Very Happy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 08 Jun 2013, 01:03

Im glad that you all enjoyed this thread, I love archaeology, especially learning about the civilisations that came before us, how they lived, Egypt in particular.

Socimar - yes finding Alexanders tomb (if hopefully not destroyed) would be another amazing find.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sat 08 Jun 2013, 01:15

thanks so much theminis , as i am egyptian happy you love our history !

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 08 Jun 2013, 01:28

lolo"layla" wrote:thanks so much theminis , as i am egyptian happy you love our history !

I love it, I have lots of books, some little collections, I google earth the pyramids and sphinx all the time, just incredibly fascinating.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down