George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

+44
lelacorb
Rachel
phys major
Lakin460
GiGi
party animal - not!
silly girl
amaretti
Einstein
Joanna
Boshkash
isogotit
justanotherstalker
NOT-A-BOT
theminis
Carla97
NotAvailable
MyG
Nicky80
Juliette Hardy
What Would He Say
Dior
Maggy
haha
very vera
Pari
Margaret
blubelle
Atalante
Mazy
lourdes flores
George Fan
silly willy
Katiedot
playfuldeb
Missa
it's me
LornaDoone
cupcake
fava
OofOof
m4rose
melbert
48 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Who will be the next g/f of...

1. Another blonde/early 30s.

2. Another brunette/early 30s.

3. Redhead/early 30s.

4. Blonde/late 30s.

5. Brunette/late 30s.

6. Redhead/late 30s.

7. Any hair color but age appropriate 40 and over!

View results

George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 Empty Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by LornaDoone Tue 03 Dec 2013, 19:51

LizzyNY wrote:Lorna - Great guess! Couldn't agree with you more, so go ahead and gloat. You earned it!

Unfortunately, he fell in love with her when he was ten and now she's gone, so we'll never know. Besides, considering the women he's been with, his taste seems to have changed quite a lot since then. Too bad.
Maybe that's deliberate so there's no chance of falling really hard for her.

I think he really loved Celine. Now maybe he says or realizes that what he felt would not be classified as the love of his life since that implies it would be someone you would not want to let go. As in, nothing, not even career would let you jepordize the relationship. Who knows really. Only he knows what he really thinks and feels.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend... - Page 10 Empty Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Maggy Tue 03 Dec 2013, 19:58

LornaDoone wrote:
Maggy wrote: AH seems too tender for his likes (compered to the roughs he has dated).
He surely can't body slam her or throw her against the wall for fun as foreplay.

How would he handle such delicateness?
Why would you assume he'd body slam anyone?  Any chance you're speaking from experience or have some insider knowledge that the rest of us don't?  I cannot for the life of me picture George having rough sex with anyone.  JMO of course.  
Nope, I dont, Lorna.

Like I said "Am just messing/picking brains".

I think AH and GC would make a nice couple. (if she were alive Smile  )
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 05 Dec 2013, 15:18

theminis wrote:Crotch for hire, quote of the week me thinks

Crotch for "hire" beats Crotch on "fire" any day of the week! LOL
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 05 Dec 2013, 18:35

LOL on the quotes. Reminds me of all the hookers that walk the street right under my bedroom window at nights. Im on a corner and there are two on each corner. That's 8 noisy protitutes every night (I gotta move)
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 05 Dec 2013, 19:03

LornaDoone wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:Lorna - Great guess! Couldn't agree with you more, so go ahead and gloat. You earned it!

Unfortunately, he fell in love with her when he was ten and now she's gone, so we'll never know. Besides, considering the women he's been with, his taste seems to have changed quite a lot since then. Too bad.

I think he really loved Celine.  Now maybe he says or realizes that what he felt would not be classified as the love of his life since that implies it would be someone you would not want to let go.  As in, nothing, not even career would let you jepordize the relationship.  Who knows really.  Only he knows what he really thinks and feels.

Lorna - I have felt for a long time that he deliberately chooses women who will not distract him from his career. For some reason only he knows, leaving a legacy in his professional and public life seems to be his driving force and the most important thing in his life. Maybe it's his father's influence. Who knows? I just think it's sad that he seems to feel he can't have both a career and an enduring, happy relationship - unless he does, and we just don't know about it! He is good at keeping some things private! LOL
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 05 Dec 2013, 20:07

Lighterside wrote:

Good Lord - Bloody Hilarious - how are you Lighter, haven't heard from you in awhile?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 23 Dec 2013, 15:17

theminis wrote:
Lighterside wrote:

Good Lord - Bloody Hilarious - how are you Lighter, haven't heard from you in awhile?

Hi there the minis! Merry Christmas. My hub had surgery and I've had my hands full....wouldn't you know it HAD to be done right between two major holidays! Fun times...just shoot me now! LOL
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 23 Dec 2013, 15:29

LizzyNY wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:

I think he really loved Celine.  Now maybe he says or realizes that what he felt would not be classified as the love of his life since that implies it would be someone you would not want to let go.  As in, nothing, not even career would let you jepordize the relationship.  Who knows really.  Only he knows what he really thinks and feels.

Lorna - I have felt for a long time that he deliberately chooses women who will not distract him from his career. For some reason only he knows, leaving a legacy in his professional and public life seems to be his driving force and the most important thing in his life. Maybe it's his father's influence. Who knows? I just think it's sad that he seems to feel he can't have both a career and an enduring, happy relationship - unless he does, and we just don't know about it! He is good at keeping some things private! LOL

I think his reticence stems from having hurt Celine during their relationship, by leaving her alone all the time or at least for longer periods than he wanted to and she was in a strange country, having to basically fend for herself because he was off pursuing his career.  I think he knew how deeply she was hurt by it and was very torn about what to do.  He saw what constantly being absent did, not only to her but to their relationship and home life, when he was around.  Not wanting to have to make those kinds of choices or repeat again that kind of pain inflicted by him on anyone else, anytime soon, wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 23 Dec 2013, 17:26

Lighterside - You may be right. I know there are some who disagree with me, but I think it would be extremely difficult for someone with his public commitments and work ethic to sustain a relationship with a woman who wasn't so busy that she wouldn't notice (or care) that he wasn't around - and what kind of a relationship is that? Seems to me it's exactly the kind of relationship he's had with his last few gfs - and you know what people have said about them.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 23 Dec 2013, 17:40

What a pathetic excuse. If he wanted to be with a woman and concentrate on his hectic career, he would.

It's just as he says in the interview, he hasn't met a love of his life yet. No one has moved him enough for him to work on that relationship.
Yes, where there's a will, there's a way.

If he wanted Celine around, he could have found work for her, just like Waldo Sanchez is his hair stylist & accompanies him on every set, etc.
Celine was a student & not fluent in English.

He doesn't have to do PR arrangements for publicity, to make it seem that he's in relationships, but he resorts to them.

He's had so many failed liaisons. Going as far back as Kelly Preston. He probably just hasn't found someone he wants enough.

SO MANY other A - listers who are equally as successful have long-lasting, SIGNIFICANT relationships.
They manage.
More examples:  Tom Hanks, Robert Downey Jnr, Daniel Day Lewis,..
The woman finds herself in a supporting role to his career or engaged  in charity or juggles her own work...

George Clooney seems the odd man out considering his string of past dating disasters.

Last edited by Ocean on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 18:03; edited 1 time in total

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 23 Dec 2013, 17:45

Oh no, I just don't want to believe it is really that sad.
Then I rather believe that he has a secret girlfriend for years!

P.S. I love fairy tales.  Very Happy 
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 23 Dec 2013, 17:58

There is no secret girlfriend, Dior. That's just trolls playing deliberate games.
If he had a secret love interest, do you honestly think she would stand his dating fiascos usually starting during award season?  
Just about now...

And why keep her secret??  How absurd.... Rolling Eyes  
Not one photo together?

Ah, but surely you know that.  Smile 

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 23 Dec 2013, 18:23

My dear, I really don't know anything.

As I told you, I just like fairy tales.  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 23 Dec 2013, 19:05

Geez, Ocean! Has it occurred to you that maybe he has found a woman he cares about but she was unwiling to subordinate her life to his? He could "find work for her"? Why? So she could follow him around like a puppy, doing "make work", just to be around when he has time for her? She could hang around at home doing "charity work" while he's off all over the world? Really? Yes, it works for some, but for many more it doesn't and the relationship falls apart.

He's not being pathetic - he's being honest. He doesn't see himself getting married again. In the meantime, he has part-time partners for companionship and (I assume) sex. Women who know the score going in and are happy to get whatever they can out of the relationship and move on to the next "opportunity" when it ends.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 23 Dec 2013, 19:48

*sigh
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 23 Dec 2013, 20:27

I thought we had left the whole dating/PR publicity bullshit behind.

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 23 Dec 2013, 20:43

Seems like a never ending story study
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 23 Dec 2013, 20:50

Sorry, everyone. You're right - enough is enough. Guess Ocean just got under my skin the last couple of days. I'll shut up now . I'm done banging my head against a brick wall.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 23 Dec 2013, 20:54

theminis wrote:I thought we had left the whole dating/PR publicity bullshit behind.  

Vampires, zombies, pr dates what do they all have in common?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 23 Dec 2013, 20:59

Let me think......

I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea 

Uh they never die....scary thing. Always a lost fight Beaten

Great question Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 23 Dec 2013, 21:10

Nicky80 wrote:Let me think......

I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea I\'ve got an idea 

Uh they never die....scary thing. Always a lost fight    Beaten

Great question   Thumbs up!

ding ding ding! we have a winner! thanks for playing! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 23 Dec 2013, 21:14

Winner..... yeah...What's my prize....?????

A dinner for two with an anonymous guy called G..E...O..R..G..E.......????

Yahooooo Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 21:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell)
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 23 Dec 2013, 21:24

Um think maybe you just won a dinner with Lorna, though not George but Im sure just as interesting  Very Happy 
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 23 Dec 2013, 21:31

LOL! 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 23 Dec 2013, 22:53

Ocean wrote:What a pathetic excuse. If he wanted to be with a woman and concentrate on his hectic career, he would.

It's just as he says in the interview, he hasn't met a love of his life yet. No one has moved him enough for him to work on that relationship.
Yes, where there's a will, there's a way.

If he wanted Celine around, he could have found work for her, just like Waldo Sanchez is his hair stylist & accompanies him on every set, etc.
Celine was a student & not fluent in English.

He doesn't have to do PR arrangements for publicity, to make it seem that he's in relationships, but he resorts to them.

He's had so many failed liaisons. Going as far back as Kelly Preston. He probably just hasn't found someone he wants enough.

SO MANY other A - listers who are equally as successful have long-lasting, SIGNIFICANT relationships.
They manage.
More examples:  Tom Hanks, Robert Downey Jnr, Daniel Day Lewis,..
The woman finds herself in a supporting role to his career or engaged  in charity or juggles her own work...

George Clooney seems the odd man out considering his string of past dating disasters.

I don't agree with your assessment of his relationship with Celine.  George felt responsible for her because he asked her to leave her country and live with him.  But the timing couldn't have been worse to start a relationship longer term when his career in film was really taking off and he had to make a choice where he spent the majority of his time.  I think if she had come into his life before or after that point, things might have turned out differently for them.  

No need to get heated, it's pure speculation here to begin with and none of us can prove our "thesis on all things George Clooney" one way or the other...just pure opinion, from the outside looking in, so to speak.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 24 Dec 2013, 01:06

theminis wrote:Um think maybe you just won a dinner with Lorna, though not George but Im sure just as interesting  Very Happy 

Hey, who said there was ANY budget for prizes! You play at your own risk! Mel already knows that!

No prizes just the satisfaction of knowing you got the answer correct! brahahahaha!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 24 Dec 2013, 01:34

Yes, that's true.  I'll be waiting for all of my prizes til the goats come home...

However, I have intense satisfaction!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 24 Dec 2013, 01:48

Goats? okay we say cows but one day your goats may come in
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 24 Dec 2013, 02:05

Thought it was boat!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 24 Dec 2013, 02:14

Ah hell this thread is so off track I'll just keep it going.  We say till the cows come home.  Probably something to do with feeding time.

Wait, let me google it!  

Ta da!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Meaning
For a long but indefinite time.

Origin
Cows are notoriously languid creatures and make their way home at their own unhurried pace. That's certainly the imagery behind 'till the cows come home' or 'until the cows come home', but the precise time and place of the coining of this colloquial phrase isn't known.

It was certainly before 1829 though, and may well have been in Scotland.

The phrase appeared in print in The Times in January that year, when the paper reported a suggestion of what the Duke of Wellington should do if he wanted to maintain a place as a minister in Peel's cabinet:

If the Duke will but do what he unquestionably can do, and propose a Catholic Bill with securities, he may be Minister, as they say in Scotland "until the cows come home."

Groucho Marx was never one to pass up an opportunity for a play on words and this occurs in his dialogue of the 1933 film Duck Soup:

"I could dance with you till the cows come home. Better still, I'll dance with the cows and you come home."
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 24 Dec 2013, 02:20

Oh, and the song 'When the boat comes in'. World War I, I think - not that I remember!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 24 Dec 2013, 02:46

It's 'when your ship comes in', I think referring to the old trading merchants whose fortunes depended on their vessels coming back laden with treasures from their voyages.

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with George Clooney's next girlfriend, real, imaginary, secret or indeed, contracted.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 24 Dec 2013, 02:52

Well, I do have to respond O/T. Yes, I know it's til the cows come home, but this IS George's Open House and he likes goats!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 24 Dec 2013, 02:55

You know, of ALL the threads you could have posted that comment in, you wait until the 'George's next girlfriend' thread to tell us that he likes goats?? Seriously?!?  Very Happy Give Flowers2 
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 24 Dec 2013, 02:56

Well, he's done a Jedi Mind Trick on me! Or whatever it was called... sorry CRS...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 24 Dec 2013, 03:58

Oh Mel you are hilarious....
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 24 Dec 2013, 04:16

Wasn't going to peek into this thread again...but so glad I did...thanks for the laugh Melbert....I needed that today.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 24 Dec 2013, 04:23

silly girl wrote:Wasn't going to peek into this thread again...but so glad I did...thanks for the laugh Melbert....I needed that today.  

Yes also thanks for the much needed laugh everyone.  LOL! 
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Tue 24 Dec 2013, 08:50

rendeer 

Last edited by Rachel on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 22:30; edited 1 time in total
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 24 Dec 2013, 09:29

it's nice Very Happy but I by now let others to keep writing
I only want an happy ending Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 24 Dec 2013, 09:30

Ok, but not on this thread please!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 24 Dec 2013, 09:51

LOL! 

Ok back on topic...Next girlfriend will be ME. Who is telling George???  Sofa bounce  
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:19

ROTFLMAO!! Thank you girls for the laughs...great time of year to be this light hearted...wishing you all much Christmas cheer!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 24 Dec 2013, 18:16

Thank you, thank you thank you for the laughs, Mel and Katie! I really needed them today. Happy Holidays to everyone!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 24 Dec 2013, 18:18

P.S. LOVE the "snow"! We're not getting a white Christmas this year.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Fri 27 Dec 2013, 16:31

LizzyNY wrote:Geez, Ocean! Has it occurred to you that maybe he has found a woman he cares about but she was unwiling to subordinate her life to his? He could "find work for her"? Why? So she could follow him around like a puppy, doing "make work", just to be around when he has time for her? She could hang around at home doing "charity work" while he's off all over the world? Really? Yes, it works for some, but for many more it doesn't and the relationship falls apart.

He's not being pathetic - he's being honest. He doesn't see himself getting married again. In the meantime, he has part-time partners for companionship and (I assume) sex. Women who know the score going in and are happy to get whatever they can out of the relationship and move on to the next "opportunity" when it ends.

Well, I didn't look back on this thread for a while, so, just replying to this post addressed to me:

LizzyNY~ You're repeating a quote he made over a decade ago about claiming he'll never marry again & you surmise that he's too dedicated to his work, hence the apparent string of (failed) convenient dating.
Recently  he's quoted as telling Tracey Emin he hasn't met "the love of his life yet."  Opinions change.
In Jan 2011, he told Piers Morgan that he gave marriage a shot over 20 years ago;
didn't work out. That's all...

Your selective criteria of possible alternatives for a woman limits a potential serious partner to prospects of being hired as a "water-boy" on a filmset or follow George around as a puppy. Instead, a partner can actually participate in her own work remotely from a "virtual office"....(This includes charity work)...SHOULD THEY WISH TO LIMIT SEPARATION.
Many couples do it.
All kind of prospects are possible.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Time will tell.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 27 Dec 2013, 17:53

Ocean - I'm not going back 10 years or saying he thinks he'll never get married. I'm just saying that at this point in his life, he doesn't see marriage in his future. And I don't think of all his recent relationships as "failed". I think they were just what he wanted them to be - temporary. And why should they be anything else if he hasn't yet met "the one"?

As far as what a woman would or would not have to do to share his life, I think we'll have to agree to disagree.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 27 Dec 2013, 17:58

Even if he met "the love of his life," it doesn't mean he'd marry her. Love and marriage are two completely different social paradigms.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10