George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney

+4
melbert
Katiedot
theminis
watching
8 posters

Go down

JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  Empty JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney

Post by watching Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:00

JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney

7:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Wednesday, May 1, Off Campus Location
RSVP (Required)

"JFK Remembered," a special program with NBC's Tom Brokaw and legendary journalist Nick Clooney will commemorate President Kennedy's famous speech, "A Strategy of Peace," delivered at American University 50 years ago this spring; and celebrate the opening of the Newseum's "JFK" exhibit.

Clooney and Brokaw will share their memories of the Kennedy presidency in the program sponsored by American University School of Communication in partnership with the Newseum and held at the Newseum's Annenberg Theater. Featured will be archival footage and AU's commemorative film "JFK: Building Peace for All Time." Audience Q&A will follow.

General admission is $10; special AU pricing, $5, is available for students, alumni, faculty & staff with this discount code: 8152014 at the link below.

RSVP Required:http://newseum.org/programs/2013/0501-special-program/tom-brokaw-and-nick-clooney.html
Type:Panel
DiscussionHost:School of Communication
Send email to Kim Husted

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  Empty Re: JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney

Post by watching Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:06

Special Program: "JFK Remembered": A Conversation with Tom Brokaw and Nick Clooney

Guests: Tom Brokaw and Nick Clooney
Date: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Admission: Free for members; $10 for non-members Note: Live webcast of this prorgram begins at 7 p.m.

General Public tickets for this event have SOLD OUT.

Newseum members who would like to reserve seats should write to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or call 202/292-6287.

"JFK Remembered," a special program with Tom Brokaw of NBC News and legendary journalist Nick Clooney, will mark the opening of the Newseum's newest exhibit "JFK" and commemorate the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's famous speech "A Strategy of Peace," which was delivered at American University.

Clooney and Brokaw will share their memories of the Kennedy presidency in the program sponsored in partnership with the American University School of Communication. Featured will be archival footage of the 1963 speech.

To mark the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's assassination, the Newseum will feature two new exhibits — "Three Shots Were Fired" and "Creating Camelot" — and an original documentary film chronicling the presidency, family life and death of America's 35th president.

Brokaw spent his entire distinguished journalism career with NBC News beginning in 1966, where he was a White House correspondent, anchor of the "Today" show, and anchor and managing editor of "NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw." He is also the author of three books: "The Greatest Generation," "Boom! Voices of the Sixties" and "The Time of our Lives."

Clooney is the Newseum and American University School of Communication distinguished journalist-in-residence. His career in news spans more than 50 years. Clooney anchored newscasts in Los Angeles, Cincinnati and Buffalo. Nick and his son, George, have traveled to the Sudan and Chad to report on the ongoing genocide in the region of Darfur.

Link to Newsuem site
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney  Empty Re: JFK at AU: JFK Remembered with NBC's Tom Brokaw and Journalist Nick Clooney

Post by theminis Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:09

Now that would be a wonderful opportunity to listen to Brokaw and Clooney Senior speak about JFK'!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 29 Apr 2013, 13:32

Yep, I bet this will be a fascinating conversation.

Does anyone know whether they record these sort of events and make them available for viewing later?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 29 Apr 2013, 14:05

Alot of Tom Brokaw's talks are recorded, but I don't know if they're available for the public. I would assume something like this might be.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 30 Apr 2013, 04:23

You can check on either the Newseum site of on the American University site to see if either will have video available.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 02 May 2013, 22:38

Nick talked GC and the WHCD with Tom Brokaw:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney thanks Tom Brokaw for WHCD criticism, Bob Schieffer doesn't
May 2, 2013 | 6:23 pm

Bob Schieffer and George Clooney both had some feedback for Tom Brokaw and his criticism of the White House Correspondents' Dinner. It turns out Clooney was on team Brokaw, according to the actor's father, veteran journalist Nick Clooney. "My son George asked me to thank you," Nick Clooney told Brokaw, when the duo appeared together Wednesday night at the Newseum. "I said that I think George is a serious student of American politics and there are others, as well," Brokaw said of the actor before transitioning to another story about the annual star-studded dinner. (It was Lindsay Lohan's appearance last year, that really ruined it for Brokaw). "Claire Danes was a guest of my friend Bob Schieffer," Brokaw noted. "After I was critical, Schieffer sent me a picture of him at the dinner with Claire Danes and said, 'Brokaw, I'm not giving this up,' " the NBC newsman said to big laughs.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 02 May 2013, 22:57

Great shape Mr. Clooney! Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 03 May 2013, 02:46

Here is video of the event:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 03 May 2013, 03:18

you beat me again SillyGirl! I just found it and came here to post!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 03 May 2013, 04:13

Very nice!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 03 May 2013, 16:53

When do they talk about George?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 04 May 2013, 01:14

About 10 seconds worth about in the middle of it. Just a very short mention. I just skipped through it for you and it starts at about the 34:30 mark.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 04 May 2013, 13:35

Thank you Melbert, thank you very much Very Happy

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 04 May 2013, 14:31

Very Happy
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 04 May 2013, 15:44

Mel! Nice black hair you have Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 04 May 2013, 16:18

Thanks It'sMe. I do, however, need a bit of a trim.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 04 May 2013, 20:56

Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum