George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth

+3
Katiedot
LornaDoone
Mazy
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth Empty George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth

Post by Mazy Wed 24 Apr 2013, 02:12

I don't know where to put this, it's a story about George doing a remake of "1937 Dodsworth." How true I'm not sure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Zen

Last edited by theminis on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 02:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Split this into new topic as its new information)
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth Empty Re: George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth

Post by LornaDoone Wed 24 Apr 2013, 05:11

I looked at the clips from the articles link. There must be a specific one that they're talking about but I didn't find a clip.

Frankly, if he's going to remake a 1930's movie (or something from the 40s) I'd rather he take a shot at Random Harvest. Now that was an interesting film.

But then again, in the age of internet sleuths and searches I doubt if the main character's identity wouldn't be determined pretty quickly after a good internet search.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth Empty Re: George Clooney to remake 1937 Dodsworth

Post by Katiedot Wed 24 Apr 2013, 05:50

Thanks for finding this. Here's the text from the link (although 90% of it is just a writer moaning for the sake of it, skip to the end):

George Clooney set to remake Sinclair Lewis’ Dodsworth

Category: Hollywood Gossip Published on Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Written by Paul Collins

The great era for American literature was in the 1920’s when the then rat pack for American Literature were living in Paris, France. Russian literature was in its heyday in the nineteenth century with Leo Tolstoy, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, and others.

The British ruled the literary world in the nineteenth century with Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, and in the past William Shakespeare. Canada has the occasional Life of Pi, Margaret Atwood, and Mordecai Richler. My recent favorites of Canadian literature are Rawi Hage’s Cockroach (2008) and De Niro’s Game (2006), including Brian Vallee’s book on Edwin Olonzo Boyd’s Gang, The Story of the Notorious Boyd Gang (1998).
If one is an author, even an online author, or an aspiring writer, and approaches any mainstream publication house, a literary agent is needed, or legal representation. If one does get that close, they’ll tell the scribe that non-fiction sells, not fiction, nor science fiction, all in a robotic type way too. Yes, by having a literary agent, bitching about the agent is the next level of being an author too.

I remember seeing a CBC TV host interview an American author, who had wrote about her experiences on dating the opposite sex through Craigslist Personals. That interview left the TV personality to look at the author with disbelief, ruffling the other’s feathers in the process. Yes, the plot of that book was questionable and the reaction of the scribbler made it come across as such.

In any library, or bookstore, there is a whole section reserved to Danielle Steel and Jackie Collins, or even romance novels. Next is the how to section, or the autobiography section where books can be found about Hollywood celebrities, or the captains of industry. By the way, business people are not creative types.

Business people create money, but they don’t write. When you create money, it does not mean you are not a creative type either. In debt university graduates are paid by such successful business people to write their memoires. It is an ugly reality but true too. Did the original Rockefeller have an MBA? No. Legend has it, he couldn’t even spell his own name, yet he hired all the graduates from the finest schools to manage the empire he had founded through his own diligence, or cut throat approach.

Several years ago, I discovered a little known American author Sinclair Lewis. Who is he? In 1930, Sinclair Lewis was the first American author to win the Nobel Prize for literature. He actually turned down the Pulitzer Prize for Arrowsmith in 1926.

Sinclair Lewis wrote Main Street (1920), Babbit (1922), Arrowsmith (1925), Elmer Gantry (1927), Dodsworth (1929), and It can’t Happen Here (1935). Instead of idealizing the Midwest, where he was from, he made them look backward, red neckish, and uncultivated. To add to their outrage, he portrayed his characters as leading empty, meaningless lives in a materialistic type world.

It is safe to say that Sinclair Lewis was not liked in his time. The only time they actually accepted him was when he died, leading those from his birthplace to make his childhood home into a museum. In his time, Sinclair Lewis, however, was eclipsed by Ernest Hemingway, William Faulkner, and others. But word in Hollywood is George Clooney is remaking the 1937 film version of 1937 Dodsworth, or maybe I am making up a rumor once again. See the clips at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .

Just moving this to the Films section of the forum although I think there's no basis in reality in this rumour.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:44

The original film information

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 24 Apr 2013, 14:07

" But word in Hollywood is George Clooney is remaking the 1937 film version of 1937 Dodsworth, or maybe I am making up a rumor once again. " Maybe the author of the article is indeed making up a rumor for he is a writer himself, maybe in need of some attention. Reading
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 24 Apr 2013, 21:24

Im such a dork. When I first saw the title of thread I thout Wow, George is now rebuilding old cars?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Ice 1990 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 22:56

I'd definitely take this rumor with a grain of salt. For one, the movie isn't called "1937 Dodsworth", it's just simply "Dodsworth", and the movie was released in 1936, not 1937.

Assuming there's truth to it, I suppose George would be playing Walter Huston's role. But who would play the roles of his wife (Ruth Chatterton) and the woman he falls in love with (Mary Astor)? Many possibilities...

Just so it wouldn't be Julia Roberts for the umpteenth time. I like Julia, but he's done enough movies with her to last a good while longer.

Pink Ice 1990
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 25 Apr 2013, 05:41

playfuldeb wrote:Im such a dork. When I first saw the title of thread I thout Wow, George is now rebuilding old cars?
Then join the dork club because that's what I thought too!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down