George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney

2 posters

Go down

Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney Empty Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney

Post by Katiedot Mon 08 Apr 2013, 12:00

Let's not run away with the idea that George is being replaced:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega

CORMAC BYRNE – 08 APRIL 2013

Rory McIlroy has signed a new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega joining the likes of Nicole Kidman, George Clooney and Daniel Craig as brand ambassadors.

McIlroy signed a $125million deal with Nike in January and announced a deal with Bose and this latest deal is a massive coup for the 23 year old as Omega win the race to adorn the Ulsterman’s wrist.

Stephen Urquhart, the president of OMEGA, is thrilled with the signing. He said: “Rory is one of those golfers who lights up every course he plays on. In recent years, he has been golf’s most exciting player and he has already attracted legions of new fans. He’s the sort of golfer who is good for the sport and for its image. I can hardly wait to see how far his extraordinary talent will take him. We are all delighted that he is now part of the OMEGA family.”

Rory McIlroy is also looking forward to the partnership. He said: “Omega has a rich history in sport, both with the Olympics and in golf, and I have always had great experiences playing in its events. I have been a fan of the brand for a long time so to now be an Omega ambassador is special for me. I am truly excited about this new partnership and look forward to many great years together.

“It’s a brilliant fit for me, as they don’t endorse too many and if you look at who they do – George Clooney, Nicole Kidman, Michael Phelps, Greg Norman – you will see the calibre.

Omega is a great brand that is heavily involved in sports and in golf and stretches out to all parts of the globe.

“I’m excited, but be honest, I’ve announced three deals this year – Nike, Bose, Omega – and I’d like to cool if off a little bit now. It’s like ‘hey, let’s calm it down a while’.”

McIlroy admits that there are no further planned sponsorship announcements on the horizon.

“Obviously I’m lucky the position I’m in – I get companies approaching me,” he said. “There are so many we have to say no to, because we can’t go around having 25 sponsors – it just doesn’t work. Not with all the commitments.

“It’s up to me, adding up how many days my current sponsors are looking for. So Nike wants X amount of days, Bose want this, Santander this, Omega this. So that makes up to, say 15 days. Well, that’s 15 days when I can’t do what I actually did to get me here – practise.”

Omega have previously used major up and coming sports people in their ad campaigns including Russian tennis sensation Anna Kournikova.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney Empty Re: Rory McIlroy: new multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmakers Omega - who also sponsor George Clooney

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Apr 2013, 13:42

Maybe George can get some golfing tips off Rory too.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down