George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship?

+19
phys major
NotAvailable
amaretti
fava
annemarie
Picachu
Vi
watching
Mazy
Joanna
it's me
Lighterside
bamboochacha
theminis
LornaDoone
OofOof
isogotit
lelacorb
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 Empty Re: To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship?

Post by Lakin460 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 14:16

The caliber of women George chooses to partner with is prima facie evidence of a frat boy mindset.

Enjoyed reading the really great, albeit diverse, opinions on here posted by intelligent, articulate women. I get the vibe from a few of you that you don't suffer fools gladly, a quality I admire.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship? - Page 2 Empty Re: To you it seems that the couple's relationship between Stacy and George is a normal relationship?

Post by Mazy Tue 02 Apr 2013, 00:19

Hi Joanie JD
Very nicely written but in opinion George is not the cold hearted Bastard that he sounds here.

This was his raising in effect. So he found a very worthy cause because his Dad was interested in it, and started using his fame (media use here) to help push those efforts too.

Yes, George does use his fame to bring attention to his causes, which is what all the celebrities do. People like us cannot get the media attention that they can. If he was just doing it to get attention for himself there are a lot easier ways of doing that, then putting yourself in harm’s way. Still he goes back to Darfur to try to help know that there is a good chance of getting Malaria again. I truly believe that George has a heart for these people and tries to help in the only way he can Don Cheadle and John Pendergrass also give of their time as well as money. Time is a precious thing it is not something that you can ever get back.

I think he does grow tired of it tho. I get the feeling he would like to slow his pace down some in the near future, do a little settling, not necessarily marriage, but maybe get a little out of the "lime light" such as it truly is, and change that just a trite, to more acceptable.

We all know that George has a timetable set for himself of what he wants to accomplish and a point to where he wants to get. He has said that he loves the movie business and wants to stay in it, that is why he’s doing more directing, writing and producing. He feels that before long he will not be able to do the roles that he does now. Naturally, he can still do leading roles we know it he just does not.

Using the girls was also a thing that he did not like. So he began to strike up "deals" with them to wit, they would also be able to profit from this event as well. In addition, yes, these girls know exactly what they are going to get out of it, per their deal
However, his love life goes none of us can really be sure I do not think it is so jaded and cut and dry... I said early on that I thought that he goes out with girls this age because he is not ready to settle down so to speak. Yes, they know how George feels about marriage at this point. I also feel that he tries to help them get ahead because he is that kind of person.

I respect your opinion and you certainly have a right to think the way you do. However, I will never believe that George is the kind of person that you have portrayed. I think that he is a very caring person and truly tries to help people. I love him for the person that I believe he is from all that I have read and heard him say in interviews, etc. When I see him I do not think about his stardom or his money, I think about George the person. I could not be a fan if I thought that was all lies.JMHO
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 02 Apr 2013, 03:48

Joanna wrote:Oh dear Oof, you do sound so depressed about it all. flower
No one is perfect and why should they be ?
Just let go of your judgements and enjoy George for what
he is aye ? Love3

And I think if he did turn up with a middle aged, sensible, mature lady....it would go down
like a lead balloon with a lot of his fans !
lol! Unless it was RENEE of course..... Yahooooo

( oopsie sorry mel)

Joanna, I'm not depressed. Actually feeling much better. Was just responding to Lela's question with an answer that was obviously not the same as yours! I am not as nice a person as you and Mazy are as I have yet to meet anyone who is perfect and thank God. What I did say was that as much as there are so many wonderful areas of George's life, in my humble opinion, he does have issues with women.

But, the one line in your comment above that I must respond to is the one where you suggest that if George were to "turn up with a middle aged, sensible, mature lady" his fan base would be just as unhappy. Maybe. My issue with that statement is that you're suggesting that if you're "middle aged and maybe a little brighter than the "girls" he's had relationships with to date, you are somehow not sexy, not attractive and basically frumpy! I'm not 33 and haven't hit what I would consider middle aged yet but I'm moving towards it. I don't have 42 inch legs, I have never been photographed naked (that I know of!) and I still have all my own parts. But I am most definitely not frumpy and "mature" in the sense that I got from your statement. There are many of us out in the world who are not 30 years old, who haven't made a living pleasing men, who actually have brains and ideas of our own AND like sex, like to have fun and have goals in life we've yet to accomplish.

You may be right. If George hooked up with a 45 year old woman with a career who didn't want babies and didn't want to be in the limelight, people would probably dump on her appearance. I think, based on some of the stuff I've read on the gossip sites, that if she was a real person, rather than the barbie dolls he seems to prefer, that his fan base would appreciate him more. Because, and again, this is only my opinion, the one area of his life that has given me pause is his relationships with women. But then, as I said before, I'm just not as nice as you are! I don't think he's a perfect person but I do think he's a lovely man.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 02 Apr 2013, 04:18

Hi OofOof,
Trust me I do not think that George is perfect the only perfection is not here on earth. Besides if he needs a little of the "bad boy" in him just to be interesting. Yes I know that for what ever his reasons he has his problems with women I say that all the time I just didn't agree with the comments about him being a caring person.

By the way I seem to be "a bit older" than you but I also consider myself to be sexy. ;-)))
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Tue 02 Apr 2013, 07:59

Her mama don't dance and her daddy don't rock 'n' roll. How in the world has it lasted this long????? tumbleweed
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 02 Apr 2013, 10:15

Hi Oof..."But, the one line in your comment above that I must respond to is the one where you suggest that if George were to "turn up with a middle aged, sensible, mature lady" his fan base would be just as unhappy. Maybe. My issue with that statement is that you're suggesting that if you're "middle aged and maybe a little brighter than the "girls" he's had relationships with to date, you are somehow not sexy, not attractive and basically frumpy!"

That's not my thinking at all and I never said that.
I'm sorry that you took it so personally.
I'm just expressing my thoughts, as others do here.

And I never said George is perfect either, did I ?
CRS has arrived here. LOL

I'm not nice, I just don't like judging someone,
who is so far removed from me, who I don't know personally,
and who's life style I have no experience of.
As I've said before, George's personal love life is his business,
as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sorry if my tolerant attitude is sometimes misconstrued as me viewing George as "A Saint" and my tolerant attitude towards Stacy
is viewed as me being "A Huge Fan" of hers.
Honestly, that's not true at all. headbang

I can't help it if people misunderstand my comments from
time to time, but it doesn't cause me any problem.
It's all part of life's rich tapestry to me. flower

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 02 Apr 2013, 13:03

When I asked the question I did not criticize the choices for George but because for me this is strange relationship with Stacy and above all is his strange way of living. I do not think, or rather I do not want to believe in a PR relationship but every move seems more and more to confirm it. I do not belong to the category of women who hate, hate and curse his gf, I liked Celine Lisa Ely and I did not like Sarah but they "seemed" to have a relationship happy or unhappy. The relationship with Stacy (apart from that she do not like neither of face nor of conduct) has always seemed fake from the first time I heard of her at the Venice Film Festival in his first appearance in Toronto. The behavior of George in both cases has not been exemplary!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 02 Apr 2013, 13:29

Different woman same topic, we've had this discussion before only the woman was EC. Someone always feels that the relationship isn't normal, for George this is normal.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 02 Apr 2013, 21:07

lucy wrote:Different woman same topic, we've had this discussion before only the woman was EC. Someone always feels that the relationship isn't normal, for George this is normal.
Each person can only speak for itself and I was talking to myself (I'm sorry but I only know how to say what I think and it's hard to say what other people think! I've never been in a flock of sheep!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 03 Apr 2013, 02:49

I love what you have to say Lela!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 03 Apr 2013, 13:27

lelacorb wrote:
lucy wrote:Different woman same topic, we've had this discussion before only the woman was EC. Someone always feels that the relationship isn't normal, for George this is normal.
Each person can only speak for itself and I was talking to myself (I'm sorry but I only know how to say what I think and it's hard to say what other people think! I've never been in a flock of sheep!

Lela don't let your feeling get hurt, that wasn't meant as criticism. I think it may be the language barrier because everyone here is just expressing what "they think" and not really being negative about your opinion...their own opinions differ that's all. And none of us are sheep....if that were the case, there wouldn't be a peep out of anyone whenever the latest "girlfriend of" does something....instead of the "sh@t storm" that we have to endure a lot of the time. Very Happy
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Wed 03 Apr 2013, 14:25

To me this isn't a relationship, but a joke.

Full stop.
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 03 Apr 2013, 15:44

Lighterside wrote:
lelacorb wrote:

Lela don't let your feeling get hurt, that wasn't meant as criticism. I think it may be the language barrier because everyone here is just expressing what "they think" and not really being negative about your opinion...their own opinions differ that's all. And none of us are sheep....if that were the case, there wouldn't be a peep out of anyone whenever the latest "girlfriend of" does something....instead of the "sh@t storm" that we have to endure a lot of the time. Very Happy

I'm not offended I just wanted to say that I am not part of the flock of sheep who hate all women of George, I've seen different behaviors in them and I've never seen them all the same, that's all!
post scrittum
Not frequenterei a forum not interest me if the opinions of other people, I can sometimes disagree and agree at other times but it is not a problem that's life and it is so beautiful!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 03 Apr 2013, 17:09

@ lela... Thumbs up!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Wed 03 Apr 2013, 18:14

Lela I don't hate any of George's girlfriends either, although I have to admit I enjoy snarking about some of them every now and then. Sorry some make it so easy. I too find his relationships, particularly this one weird. Maybe the way it started was stilted and strange, or maybe it is just that now George's brand and celebrity is so much him that this is his normal as someone said. Sad if true. But I like reading all the comments and opinions from everyone.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 07 Apr 2013, 09:59

Well I have never had a problem with any of his Gfs of the past. And really don't have one with this one either. But I just don't see real here. I think Celine, Krista and Sarah were real. Think maybe he kind of liked Elisabetta at first but it seemed after the incident where the young girl got photographed at his Villa, that his feelings toward her changed. Guess she had started showing her need for fame too much at that point.

He has a tolerance level and once they go past that, it seems to spell the end pretty quickly. At least, thats the way it seems to me. I just think this one is more of a PR GF. She was all ape over PR for a long while then began to retract the PR claws slowly. Now she pretends to not like it when paps shoot her. Pouts instead.

And I think that is just very fake when she is all about getting those shots whenever it will happen. The only time she smiled after a few shots of pouts, and that was kind of cheeky, was going to Berlin. But hiding for a spell afterward for whatever reasons. Like some of your said, prolly to hide not being in Germany as I did see some articles saying she was still there. Ah...enough Opinions for today. I know some of you would rather see the saint side. But I accept him as I think he is. A good person who got caught up in Publicists methods of "publicity". If that makes him a little bad, so be it. Nobody's absolutely perfect.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 07 Apr 2013, 20:48

caught up in Publicists methods???
in case, his opinion is zero?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 07 Apr 2013, 22:35

George ain't no saint to me. Just a very talented, very creative, fascinating, watchable man. Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 08 Apr 2013, 00:38

Oh come on Joanna, admit it, you've submitted his name to the Pope for consideration in being designated a new saint! And, next we'll hear you've asked that Stacy be considered as well! Drunk
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Apr 2013, 01:30

OofOof wrote:Oh come on Joanna, admit it, you've submitted his name to the Pope for consideration in being designated a new saint! And, next we'll hear you've asked that Stacy be considered as well! Drunk

Lies Laughing out loud Laughing out loud........ He's not dead yet !!!! lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 08 Apr 2013, 03:11

Hmm, no such thing as a living saint. Well I'll buy that!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:23

Oh Lorna...thanks for your support in this difficult matter. Jkg !

Sofa bounce lol! lol! Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 14:04

lela, I'am so sorry I didn't mean to imply anything negative about this topic or your thoughts. Over the years I've been following GC this is the third GF, plus lots of dates in between. IMO his fans either believe it is a business only relationship or????? whatever. But with each GF it's always the same pattern not much is different, so for George this is normal.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2