George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Allure Magazine and George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Allure Magazine and George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Allure Magazine and George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Allure Magazine and George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Allure Magazine and George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Allure Magazine and George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Allure Magazine and George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Allure Magazine and George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Allure Magazine and George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Allure Magazine and George Clooney

+3
party animal - not!
Mazy
silly girl
7 posters

Go down

Allure Magazine and George Clooney Empty Allure Magazine and George Clooney

Post by silly girl Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:29

I was watching one of the entertainment programs last night ( I think it was Access Hollywood(---well it was on in the background and they were talking about natural women and Allure Magazine. I wasn't really paying attention when I heard GC's name so I looked up and saw a quick photo of him. I tried to find what they said but couldn't. Then I saw this tweet this morning but no link to the magazine:

He is aging welll except when he wears that beard Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Allure Magazine and George Clooney Empty Re: Allure Magazine and George Clooney

Post by Mazy Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:00

He is aging beautifully, why don't women age as nicely as this? I personally think that he looks better now than at any other time. I love him in or out of a beard, but have to admit it does make him look a bit older. That's fine for me but maybe not for him.

No matter how he looks I will love him just as much, he is a treasure. I just read when it comes to all the details about movies, everyone seems to know so much about all that stuff.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:10

Sad fact of life that women's skin, on average, ages ten years faster than men's - ten!

Add genetics i e bone structure, the eyelashes, the smile etc etc to that and..........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 20 Mar 2013, 16:04

More than anything, I think it's a matter of perception.

We accept aging in men much better than we do in women. A little gray hair at the temples? We describe it as sophisticated in a man. Aging like a fine wine. In a woman, we ask why she's letting herself go! Wrinkles on Georges face? They look great--makes him look even more appealing. On a woman, we either all talk about how suddenly she has aged and ask why she's letting herself go, or, if she does do something about it, either laugh at her for doing too much botox or suggest she's been under the knife way too much!

There is a horrible double standard, at least in the US, when it comes to aging. George could stilll play a romantic lead (I know he's joked about how he can't but that's BS). Yes, Meryl has managed to find lovely movies where, as a woman above the age of 30, she still has sex, but her case is an anomaly. Take a Rene Russo..where is she now? Michelle Pfeiffer is still out there but rarely in any movies. Clint Eastwood was being paired with 30 year old women in many movies just 10 years ago.

I don't know...maybe women are more accepting of aging on men. Whatever it is, I think that double standard really hinders us in so many ways! I doubt George spends much on skin care, trying to fend off just one more wrinkle! Sorry for the rant...got to place my order for more anti-wrinkle cream!!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 20 Mar 2013, 16:55

Totally agree it's all about perception. Women have to look eternally young whereas no one expects a man to look young so we don't judge him as harshly when he begins to age.

Probably somehow linked to sexual fertility? Older women are less fertile and eventually become infertile whereas men can stay fertile until quite old.

Or as the old saying goes, "Women are. Men do." meaning women exist for their looks whereas men for what they do so what a man looks like is less important whereas for a woman it's the only thing that matters.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 20 Mar 2013, 23:12

Katie- I believe that's true but it really makes me cringe that after all this time and all the progress women were suppose to have made, nothing has really changed.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 20 Mar 2013, 23:52

Isn't that the sad truth Blubelle! And women seem harder on women as well.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 23 Mar 2013, 09:04

And women get age spots on their face sooner than men; not fair !
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 23 Mar 2013, 15:04

Not so Deb! I've got a lot of guy friends who work outside. They all have sun spots but you don't see them as much because they've got that tan and ruddy look going on.

The male friends I have who work in offices but who play outside--ski, surf, sail etc., during off times, if you get close enough, they've got sun spots just like the rest of us! I'm very fair and have always had loads of freckles--usually in the same areas. What used to be considered freckles, now that I'm older, are suddenly considered "age spots!". It's unfair! warning
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 25 Mar 2013, 07:31

thanks for pointing that out OofOof; Im not around that many guys tese days! And no, it's not fair to call freckles age spots. I love freckles on a female! I used to have teeny tiny ones across my cheekbones when I was little
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down