George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex

+7
LornaDoone
OofOof
amaretti
cupcake
phys major
theminis
Katiedot
11 posters

Go down

Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  Empty Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex

Post by Katiedot Mon 04 Feb 2013, 07:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Secret Life: Kathy Lette, 54, novelist

'I regret turning Clooney down'

SATURDAY 02 FEBRUARY 2013

My greatest regret… "That I didn't sleep with George Clooney when I had the chance. I was living in Hollywood writing on the sitcom The Facts of Life, which was Clooney's first TV role. "I'm a writer," I said to George at the time. "I don't go out with actors. You put other people's words in your mouth when you never know where they've been." I am still impaling myself on my pen".

Ah, I KNEW I read this years ago. It first came out in 2009:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex

The Daily Telegraph September 07, 2009

AUSTRALIAN author Kathy Lette has revealed she once turned down Hollywood's most sought after bachelor George Clooney for sex.

Lette told The Mirror newspaper that she met Clooney when she cast him in his first TV gig more than 20 years ago. At the time, Lette was writing sitcoms for Columbia Pictures, and gave Clooney his first role in 1987.

"I turned down George Clooney for sex. He was cute-as, and he asked me out! But there was always hostility between the writers and the actors, because the actors earned more," Lette said.

"You put other people's words in your mouths, when you don't know where they’ve been.

"Years later, living in London, now with two babies and covered in vomit, I had a visit from one of my writer friends. We were watching ER and I was like, 'Wow, look at that Dr Ross. Isn't he gorgeous?' And she was like, 'That’s the guy you cast, who asked you out.' I screamed, I cried, I lay in the foetal position on the floor. I should probably call George up now and say, 'About that date...'

Lette's comments come as she slammed men around the globe who cannot dress appropriately for their shape or age.

"Jack Nicholson in a thong, with a huge beer-belly hanging over the top is a premium example. That is a look we call 'The veranda over the toy shop' in Australia," she said.

"So whenever I see that or someone like Sean Connery’s man boobs, I roar with laughter. Male egos are so big that, no matter how much flab a guy has, he will always see a love god in the mirror."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  Empty Re: Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex

Post by theminis Mon 04 Feb 2013, 13:14

I've seen a lot of interviews over the years here in OZ where Kathy Lette talked about how she almost and could've/should've dated George Clooney - hilarious to watch.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex  Empty Re: Australian author Kathy Lette admits she turned George Clooney down for sex

Post by Katiedot Mon 04 Feb 2013, 15:23

Ah, that old coulda woulda shoulda! You've got to wonder how many other women are kicking themselves now too!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 04 Feb 2013, 16:59

Says a lot about people doesn't it? She wouldn't sleep with him before he became famous now because he became famous she regrets it...
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Mon 04 Feb 2013, 21:04

You should have done it when you had the chance , now it's to late Botheration!
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 05 Feb 2013, 01:37

Don't all yell at me at once, but if (in my dreams) George propositioned me during his facts of life days, I would have run a mile... Now Dusk till Dawn Clooney, he'd be running from me (oooh la la)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 05 Feb 2013, 01:40

I really do not think this story is true. I have met George a few times and he is charming and not tacky.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 05 Feb 2013, 02:25

Have to agree with you Theminis...that haircut during the Facts of Life...there are really no words to describe it except to say that it was the scene of a crime! Now, the Dusk tattooed George and the George that was on Sisters? Anytime, any where!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 05 Feb 2013, 03:35

Amaretti - she didn't say he was tacky - she said he was a young actor and at the time writers were at odds with actors.

I think her point was that he was barely into acting (and clearly mostly an unknown) but he made more money than she did.

I think another point she is trying to make is that writers put the words in actor's mouths often making them seem much more intelligent than the really are.

And I can say for a fact, that some actors, no matter how good they are memorizing and delivering their lines, when they are left to their own devices to make a speech or speak in public without a script-- they often comes across as uneducated dunces.

George is charming NOW but that doesn't mean he was charming then.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 05 Feb 2013, 04:25

Well said Lorna! I must admit, my view of Brad Pitt was affected (and not in a good way) when I saw him on Charlie Rose a few years ago. Frankly, he was an idiot. He put sentences together using big words he'd obviously gotten from movies he'd been in and just looked like a pretentious idiot. Writers should be treated better and paid more!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 05 Feb 2013, 04:53

I agree tells a lot about the person.

Also, if she keeps bringing it up, means she's thinking about it still. I guess normally you would have let ago already. Her husband must like it, after all he married a woman who turned down GC, I bet he is constantly reminded by it at home. Laughing

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 20 Jun 2014, 02:16

a whole lot of stuff circulating today about this lady's husband and Nigella Lawson, apparently they seriously dated back in the late 80's. By chance Nigella at that time was spitting image of AA.  And the husband, Geoffrey  Robertson is now AA boss! Who hired AA on the spot, no interview required, always thought there had to be more to it than a good speech.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 20 Jun 2014, 03:05

Mm, it wasn't quite like that, Alison.......she was offered a pupillage at the Chambers by a panel that included Robertson and the head of the Chambers (one of the top set in London) and one of the things that impressed them was her depth of knowledge and experience at such a young age and the book she had just written

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 20 Jun 2014, 11:53

party animal - not! wrote:Mm, it wasn't quite like that, Alison.......she was offered a pupillage at the Chambers by a panel that included Robertson and the head of the Chambers (one of the top set in London) and one of the things that impressed them was her depth of knowledge and experience at such a young age and the book she had just written

Thanks for always being there with the FACTS pan.  Thumbs up! 

Much appreciated.... by me anyway.  flower 
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 20 Jun 2014, 13:06

How would you know those are the FACTS! Was PAN sitting in on the panel?
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down