George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews

+11
m4rose
Maggy
phys major
Atalante
theminis
Katiedot
Best in Category
Cynisca
it's me
janieb
silly girl
15 posters

Go down

George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews Empty George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews

Post by silly girl Wed 23 Jan 2013, 01:55

First review from a Tequila blog-- honest but not positive-:

Is Casamigos Tequila worth all the hype?
George Clooney + tequila. Do we have your attention yet? The group behind the new Casamigos brand sure hopes so. They released a viral video campaign featuring Clooney, his girlfriend Stacy Keibler, Cindy Crawford, and her husband Rande Gerber, all falling into bed together after a night of drinking. (Clooney and Gerber are behind this brand.)

And the Casamigos website makes claims that caught our attention as well, including “The best tasting, smoothest tequila” and “a tequila that is smooth with no burn.”

So the question we wanted to answer was, “Is Casamigos worth all the hype?”

We initially learned that this tequila was coming to market several months ago, when a store clerk poured us a sample from an unmarked bottle he had stashed behind the counter. He told us it was George Clooney’s new tequila, and solicited our feedback. We couldn’t spend much time with it in the store, so we didn’t rush to judgement, but thought it was something that deserved examination in a better environment, using the proper glassware, and giving it plenty of time.

When we got home, we wanted to learn more about it, so the first thing we did was try to find out the NOM. The NOM is a four-digit number issued by the Mexican government to each legal entity that produces tequila. The NOM must appear on each bottle of tequila, and helps you identify the distillery where it is made. By looking for the NOM, we can start to figure out what a tequila may taste like based on where it was made. Casamigos is made at NOM 1416, which is the same distillery that makes well-known brands Avion (the “Entourage” tequila) and Clase Azul, among many others.

The next thing we examined was price. BevMo in California is charging $45 for the blanco and $46 for the reposado, so it’s competing in a space where Fortaleza Blanco lives. The reposado is more expensive than another one of our favorites, Casa Noble Reposado, which retails for $43.

This price range set our expectations pretty damn high, so we picked up a couple bottles hoping for the best.

The Blanco

Before the blanco opened up we got faint aromas of mint and green agave. After a few minutes, some cinnamon started to come through, but for the most part, the aroma wasn’t very prominent.

Upon visual examination, the tequila clung to the side of the glass like a nice, oily tequila should, but once it hit our mouths it didn’t quite measure up with what we were expecting. It is sweet and slightly watery and lacks the sophistication and complexity of a tequila that commands this price range.

Casamigos Blanco is a relatively simple tequila with mint and cinnamon flavors, and a finish that is remarkably short.

The Reposado

Casamigos Reposado brings all of the characteristics of the blanco, but with a heavy dose of caramel (which smells very good, by the way). It is aged 7 months in American Oak. It has a smoother mouth feel in the front, but has a slightly rougher (or ‘scratchy’) finish.

The Verdict

After spending a couple hours with Casamigos Tequila, we decided that although it was pleasant and sippable, it really didn’t live up to its price tag.

The question now is can its celebrity endorsements keep the brand afloat?

- Grover & Scarlet

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 06:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews Empty Re: George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews

Post by janieb Wed 23 Jan 2013, 02:09

I'll have to check it out and see for myself! Drink 2
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews Empty Re: George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila reviews

Post by it's me Wed 23 Jan 2013, 05:41

tough market....
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynisca Wed 23 Jan 2013, 06:26

After spending a couple hours with Casamigos Tequila, we decided that although it was pleasant and sippable, it really didn’t live up to its price tag.

My guess is that it may be a fad for some consumers who wish to sample a celebrity's own product (albeit half, as Rande Gerber has the honor of co-ownership. "Who?"), but I see no longevity in the whole business venture. Two to five year shelf life of mediocre to eventually poor sales, more than likely. Not much repeat business.

There are many established brands which were developed specifically as quality alcoholic beverages. And have their stronghold on the market. Not the whim of some A-list celebrity.
Some GC aficionados may invest in the product, but the novelty will wear off.

Initially may have moderate success as a boutique brand, but never will surpass the big guns.

Casamigos would have had to be of exceptional refined quality to break the market & excel.

Unfortunately for the brand, it even started off on a bad note, self-sabotaged with ridicule through puerile, unsophisticated, corny advertising. A toxic concoction consumed to the point of reckless inebriation by a middle-aged affluent celebrity & his friends & current ex-wrestler girlfriend, is what he projected to the world.
Not a product synonymous with quality, leisure & refinement.

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:14

is someone drinking tequila for the taste of it?

What does it matter what it tastes like - just swallow it.

Price? Some will say the booze is always worth the price.

Time to go home? Guys: unable to make a rose out of a bar napkin anymore. Girls: No one around making you a rose out of a bar napkin anymore. Very Happy

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:56

Best in Category wrote:is someone drinking tequila for the taste of it?
Hell yes! The good tequilas (the expensive ones at least) can age into something like cognac and are definitely for sipping, not shooting.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:01

A fine tasting scotch or tequila is definitely something to be sipped in my expert opinion (In my time I have well and truly tasted some of the best Whiskey in the world)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:10

It's just a Kentucky product, you can't expect the best for that pricerange. Twisted Evil
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:50

Katiedot wrote:
Best in Category wrote:is someone drinking tequila for the taste of it?
Hell yes! The good tequilas (the expensive ones at least) can age into something like cognac and are definitely for sipping, not shooting.

Cognac I know, but this explanation I have heard before when someone convinced me to try good grappa instead of vine (because it´s like vine...) Vomit 1

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 23 Jan 2013, 13:00

" Unfortunately for the brand, it even started off on a bad note, self-sabotaged with ridicule through puerile, unsophisticated, corny advertising. A toxic concoction consumed to the point of reckless inebriation by a middle-aged affluent celebrity & his friends & current ex-wrestler girlfriend, is what he projected to the world.
Not a product synonymous with quality, leisure & refinement. " That's so true, ..., I hope he doesn't mess up The Monument's men with that kind of mentality ! Twisted Evil
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 23 Jan 2013, 13:04

Atalante: I so wish you would have wrote ex- girlfriend current wrestler... Razz

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 23 Jan 2013, 13:11

I second that... My tequila doesn't need to be associated with that kind of trash..I have a favorite brand and I'm sticking to it..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 23 Jan 2013, 13:38

I have never had Tequila straight up, mostly mixed in drinks. That being said I don't think I would ever spend that much on a bottle of anything unless it was a gift, then I would get the best in the market. I think the price is prohibitive. When they were on the road everyone liked it but that was sales promotion. No one who was there would say they didn't like it. I would have been more impressed with him doing this if he put it out anonymously or at least not banking on his celebrity so much. That would tell me (and this is JMO) that this is more than just another celebrity endorsement and gimmick. I am hoping there are more reviews to come.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 23 Jan 2013, 14:06

Best in Category wrote:Atalante: I so wish you would have wrote ex- girlfriend current wrestler... Razz
I quoted Cynisca, those are not my words. tongue
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynisca Wed 23 Jan 2013, 19:04

Investing in a few bottles may be a great idea, as it could become a collector's item on eBay in a few years, if the company goes into ...liquidation Laughing

Or a lucrative bonus for one's descendants in a century, when a bottle of Casamigos may fetch a tidy sum at a Sotheby's auction.
Or maybe not.... Drink 2

But as SillyGirl wrote above:
I would have been more impressed with him doing this if he put it out anonymously or at least not banking on his celebrity so much. That would tell me (and this is JMO) that this is more than just another celebrity endorsement and gimmick.

Quietly publicized would make more impact and Rande Gerber's autograph did not need to be on the bottle's label or known as partner. It's not Gerber's name, nor his wife's that will entice consumers to purchase Casamigos.

It just could have been promoted as a quality, exceptional boutique tequila developed specifically to cater to the palate of a cultural icon, endorsed by him, and therefore, he wishes to share his own unique product.

I wonder if anyone even advised Clooney. More than likely, he wished to involve his friend on an equal level publicity wise, IMO.

Last edited by Cynisca on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 21:12; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Condensed)

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 23 Jan 2013, 19:58

well two things apply here too, i think

Never complain about the quality or brand of a free drink.

Being drunk is feeling sophisticated without being able to say it.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 23 Jan 2013, 20:29

Hu?!?

Sophisticated and drunk don't go together, IMO.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Wed 23 Jan 2013, 20:47

I for one have tasted some very fine tequilas and have several high end bottles sitting on a shelf in my kitchen. My husband is a tequila collector and is VERY picky about which ones he consumes. After reading this review.....I have a feeling the only way a bottle of Casamigos will make it into my house is if George delivers it himself. And if that is the case, watch out now, because I will down the whole bottle and see if I wake up next to him or the porcelin goddess.....my luck it will be the later. Awesome.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 23 Jan 2013, 23:01

Share the wealth Honey!!!!! Not George the tequila!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 06 Feb 2013, 23:24

This is a good review of the Tequila.....

George Clooney’s Casamigos Tequila
There have been a great number of celebrities who have tried their hand at the spirit game, from P. Ditty and Ciroc Vodka to Toby Keith and his Wild Shot Mezcal. Celebrities and spirits often seem like a win-win proposition. Celebrities tend to go out and spend a lot of money on drinking. They not only spend a lot of money on themselves, or have it spent on their behalf, they often influence other people around them by what they are drinking. Spirit producers entering a new product in a crowded category often see the benefit of teaming up with a celebrity to leverage their brand to help sell more product.

When this formula works, it works exceptionally well, but more often than not it ends in failure and lawsuits (like Bruce Willis and Sobieski vodka). The hard truth is that the spirits industry is an extremely tough business that requires a lot more work, money, and patience than most stars want to endure. Some celebrities recognize this fact and either step back and let the spirit companies do the heavy lifting, like Justin Timberlake and 901 Tequila, or the do the exact opposite and put in the hard work on the ground to make a spirit successful, like Dan Aykroyd and his Crystal Head Vodka.

It’s a little surprising to see George Clooney step into the spirits game. Clooney has built his reputation on being understated, and often keeps his personal life and socializing personal. Perhaps this is why he picked some strong partners to enter the spirits game with. For Casamigos Tequila, George Clooney partnered with friend and bar/restauranteur Rande Gerber (who owns The Whiskey NYC, Caliche Rum, and is married to Cindy Crawford) and experienced land developer Mike Meldman, CEO of Discovery Land Company. The team went to Productos Finos de Agave (NOM 1416) in Jesús María, Jalisco who also produces Tequila Avion and Clase Azul (two of our favorite tequilas). They also brought in Serralles USA, the distributor behind Don Q Rum and Caliche Rum. The product Casamigos was named after Clooney’s and Gerber’s houses in Mexico and roughly translates into “House of Friends.”

Casamigos Reposado Tequila (80 proof / 40%, $49.99 NOM 1416) is bright gold in color with a nose that features caramel, fresh agave, and a slight vegetal note along with a very soft and subtle white pepper and oak. The entry is soft, lightly sweet, and delicate with caramel, agave, and light white pepper. The soft white pepper spice really emerges in the midpalate but is well balanced out with the agave and caramel. This spice builds to a slight peak at the end of the midpalate where it’s joined by a very light tough of oak spice. It’s hard to call the spike in pepper a true “pepper kick” – although it intensifies, it’s never very aggressive or overly spicy. The pepper and oak spice linger along with the caramel and agave for a slightly sweet and lightly spicy finish. Casamigos Reposado finish is really nice, something to really sit with and enjoy.

Like George Clooney, Casamigos Reposado Tequila is understated and refined. It’s slightly delicate quality makes it a tequila that should be sipped neat or over the rocks, but it’s really too subtle and delicate to mix with. We’ve been a fan of the spirits coming out of Productos Finos de Agave. They seem to have a really great sense on how to produce a cleaner, lighter, and more delicate tequila. Casamigos Tequila exists in a very similar space as Tequila Avion, but as a much softer and far less spicy alternative. It’s nice to see that Clooney and company decided to keep the price more inline with Avion and resisted the urge to go the super premium pricing route that Clase Azule did. Casamigos Reposado Tequila succeeds at its mission to be an exceptional sipping tequila, and it’s ideal for people who want to be able to sip tequila neat and not be hammered by a pepper kick or feel the burn from more agressive tequilas.

Casamigos Reposado Tequila is currently beginning a 33 state rollout beginning in California and Arizona where BevMo! has it exclusively (as well as on BevMo.com) as well as in Nevada and Texas.

XHello fellow Twitter user! Don't forget to Twit this post if you like it, or follow me on Twitter if you find me interesting.

Tags: Casamigos Tequila, celebrity spirits, George Clooney, NOM 1416, Productos Finos de Agave, review, tequila avion

About the author: Drink Spirits

Drink Spirits is written by +Geoffrey Kleinman and edited by Heather Kleinman. All spirits reviewed are tasted by a panel of tasters.

Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Feb 2013, 23:29

I may have to get one of you ladies to send me a bottle HA HA. I doubt it will be here in Australia any time soon.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 06 Feb 2013, 23:33

Nor in Belgium, but then I still have time to figure out which person I'm going to poison ... Twisted Evil
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Feb 2013, 23:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I imagine this is George after reading review?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 07 Feb 2013, 13:47

Probably not, he drinks more than he reads ! geek
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 26 Feb 2013, 22:18

Just saw on Mother Nature Media Blog that GC has been quoted on E! as saying that all profits from Casamigos Tequila are going to pay for Satellite Sentinel...........

Did we already know that? It doesn't surprise me, but it's wonderful to read. And utterly admirable...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 26 Feb 2013, 22:32

party animal - not! wrote:Just saw on Mother Nature Media Blog that GC has been quoted on E! as saying that all profits from Casamigos Tequila are going to pay for Satellite Sentinel...........

Did we already know that? It doesn't surprise me, but it's wonderful to read. And utterly admirable...........

Yes...it has been reported before.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Feb 2013, 05:56

Another review:

George Clooney's New Tequila Is Actually Quite Delicious

By Victor Ozols , February 25, 2013

Celebrities. They're so good at, well, being celebrities, with the acting and the smiling and the making people like them, but when they step out of that realm, the results can be mixed.

Celebrity-owned restaurants have flopped, celebrity-designed clothing lines have been mocked, celebrity-driven charities have been exposed as farces.

And yet they keep at it, because you've got to do something with your spare time. And so actor and humanitarian George Clooney has come out with a tequila which people will no doubt buy just because of his involvement, regardless of its quality.

It's called Casamigos, and I tasted it last night while watching celebrities celebrating themselves at the Oscars. But here's the thing about George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila: It's excellent.

I'm not surprised, because he partnered with the right people to make it. Casamigos is a group effort, with Clooney hooking up with his longtime pal Rande Gerber, who owns the Gerber Group of bars (Whiskey Blue, Stone Rose, Lilium, etc.) as well as Mike Meldman, founder and CEO of Discovery Land Company.

Gerber's a serious authority on nightlife because his company has been successful at creating sleek and stylish bars, often found in W Hotels, that remain popular for the long term, while other nightlife operators are happy to make a quick hit before packing up and moving on. He's also Clooney's neighbor: they own vacation homes adjacent to one another in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

The story goes that the two longtime pals loved tequila so much that they decided to make it for themselves, with their initial batches intended to share among family and friends. But the feedback was so positive that they expanded it into a proper enterprise, and now bars and restaurants across the country are beginning to stock Casamigos.

Casamigos, which is made from 100% Blue Weber agave, comes in two expressions: blanco, which is the clear stuff, and reposado, which is "rested" in oak barrels for seven months before bottling.

I poured myself a small glass of the reposado as Seth MacFarlane started his monologue and gave it a swirl. It's a gorgeous, light amber color, and it smells divine, with aromas of sandalwood and vanilla. On the palate it's pure pleasure: smooth, smokey, and mildly sweet, featuring the vegetal note of the agave without the bitter ick factor found in cheap tequilas. I tasted faint whispers of artichoke and honey, as if the savory and the sweet were doing a sexy dance together. I gave my wife a taste. Her observation was that it tasted like George Clooney, by which I hope she meant it tasted smooth, sophisticated, complex, and fun.

It's not Gerber's first foray into the spirit world. He partnered with Roberto Serralles to launch Caliche rum last year, which is also quite tasty. With Casamigos, he's building a spirit empire to supply his nightlife empire. Sounds like synergy to me.

Casamigos Blanco has a suggested retail price of $48 a bottle, while Casamigos Reposado goes for an even $50. I've tasted tequilas that cost three times that, but they're nowhere near three times as delicious. Nice job, guys. Maybe we can hang out and drink tequila some time. Those vacation houses in Mexico must have some guest rooms, right?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 19 Apr 2013, 06:06

Nice to see Casamigos performing so well in a taste test. Thanks Henway for the find.

George Clooney’s Tequila: How Good Is It?

We tried the debonair actor's talked-about Casamigos tequila and tasted it against the competition

Apr 18, 2013 @ 11:35 AM

Say the word "tequila" to just about anyone over the age of 21 (actually, probably over the age of 16 these days, but never mind), and you’re likely to find an array of reactions: Disgust. Joy. Nostalgia. Horror. Everyone has that one story, that one experience, that one (too many) shot of tequila that lives on as legend in their minds. Either it’s the best drink you’ve ever had, or the worst. You either never want to even smell it again or you can't wait for your next one.

We're in the latter category, so naturally we were interested in the new Casamigos tequila, produced to the specifications of George Clooney and his friend Rande Gerber, which has been getting lots of buzz and rave reviews (we think those commercials starring Cindy Crawford — Mrs. Gerber — may have helped).

According to the company press releases, Clooney and Gerber have often blind-tasted the Casamigos tequilas (there are two, a blanco and a reposado) against other brands, and the results suggest that theirs is "a truly special tequila."

So does the Clooney tequila live up to the hype? We conducted our own blind tasting of the Casamigos blanco against some of the biggest tequila names on the market: Patrón, Don Julio, Milagro, and Cuervo Tradicional (a dark horse in the competition, as everyone has memories of Cuervo).

Taste test results in reverse order:

5. Don Julio
What we said: Don Julio, which is sold right up there in the ranks of Patrón, was one tequila that prompted a range of opinions, from sweet to rough. Some really liked the sweetness of the tequila, but others thought that the aroma was "off," or even a bit vegetal. But, as some of our tasters noted, it may not be the ideal tequila for sipping, but rather for mixing.

4. Milagro
Milagro’s smoothness and lack of sweetness was both loved, and hated, by our group of tasters. Some appreciated the agave aroma and the clean flavor, but others thought it was "medicinal" and not smooth at all.

3. Jose Cuervo Tradicional
The dark horse in the competition was a surprise to a lot of our tasters. Some noted that it tasted "different" from the others, and that it had more of a plant-like smell and bite to it than the other tequilas; one person wrote that it was a "quintessentially good, but not amazing, tequila."

2. Casamigos
It looks like Clooney wasn’t fooling us — the majority of our tasters really liked how sweet the Casamigos blanco tequila was. Noted for its vanilla aroma and taste, plus its smoothness going down, the Casamigos tequila was a crowd-pleaser. One person noted that it was "definitely more unique" than the other tequilas tested. However, not everyone was won over

1. Patrón
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Patrón won over our crowd of tasters, who noted its smoothness, distinct agave aroma, and complex flavor. It "maintains a classic tequila flavor," said one taster (who, in retrospect, may have had too much tequila). Some were fairly neutral on the tequila, but the majority ranked it as no. 1 on the lineup.

What the Experts Say
After our blind tasting of these five tequilas, we then talked to Mat Resler, the head of the bar program at Empellón Cocina and Empellón Taqueria, for his take on what to look for in a blanco tequila, and to find out what he thought of each of the competing tequilas.

Resler said when he tastes a blanco tequila, it has to taste of the plant it’s made from: agave. "They say that blanco tequila is the truest expression of agave," he said. "When distillers get together, when they bring a bottle of tequila to dinner, it’s usually a bottle of blanco tequila, because it tastes the most of agave."

What exactly does agave taste like? Resler says you’ll taste a bit of honey sweetness, or a "green," vegetable tone that comes from a younger agave.

Resler noted Don Julio for its unique florals. "Don Julio is nice," said Resler. "[It has an] interesting floral characteristic that’s good for cocktails. I don’t usually drink that neat."

And about Milagro, Resler said it’s a very clean tequila with a lot of flavor, more so than its select barrel counterpart. "The select barrel tequila is distilled to be cleaner [than the blue bottle Milagro]," said Resler. "I prefer the blue bottle Milagro."

The Tradicional label from Jose Cuervo is an interesting tequila, said Resler. It’s definitely the attempt by the brand to rectify the bad rap the Jose Cuervo Especial gets — and perhaps rightfully deserves. There are two types of tequila, he said; blue agave tequila that’s made from 100 percent agave, and mixto tequila, that’s made of 51 percent blue agave. Typically, Resler said, that 49 percent that's leftover is made up of sugar or sugar cane — which explains some wicked hangovers you may have had. The Especial label of Jose Cuervo is a mixto, but the Tradicional label we tried is a true 100 percent blue agave tequila. "I don’t think it’s bad," said Resler, who prefers the reposado Tradicional Jose Cuervo.

But as for Casamigos and Patrón? Resler is actually not a fan. He noted a "weird, fake sweetness" to the Casamigos tequila that he thought was masking a certain sharpness. "Maybe it would work in a spicy margarita," Resler said.

And Patrón? Although Patrón may be responsible for the tequila "boom" that happened five years ago, he said, it’s not as full-flavored as some of his other favorite tequilas and mezcals. "[Patrón] distilled it so much to the point that it didn’t taste like agave," he said. "They made a tequila that drank more like a neutral spirit. So for the American palate that wasn’t accustomed to a more flavorful tequila — that wasn’t Jose Cuervo or what they drank in college or high school — everyone loved it."

It may be no surprise that people (and ourselves) flock to Patrón like a bird flocks to water, but Resler says that in comparison to other tequilas and mezcals, Patrón just doesn’t stack up.

So now we know just how we like our tequila — while it may not line up with the pros' opinions, we're all in pursuit of a tequila that makes a night out just a little more fun. And who knew that Clooney would win us over, after all. Oh wait, it's Clooney.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Tue 30 Apr 2013, 23:08

OMG!!!! I work for an Author and Blogger who is quite popular and they received this email today......SERIOUSLY! cheers

Greetings, *****.

My company represents George Clooney and Rande Gerber's ultra-premium tequila, Casamigos. We are pleased to let you know that we are doing an awesome special on Casamigos Reposado at Costco this Thursday-Saturday, just in time for Cinco de Mayo.

As the newest and smoothest tequila on the market, we hope that you ladies might spread the word to your followers and communities. Casamigos is fantastic on the rocks, as a margarita, or just about any other way you can think of. Feel free to get creative!

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks in advance for spreading the word; George and Rande are thankful!

Cheers,

Maran
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Apr 2013, 23:44

Now hasn't Ms Keibler been involved with Cinco de Mayo in the past?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 01 May 2013, 01:43

In that Ms. Keibler has done paid appearances at mixology places for Cinco De Mayo?
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 01 May 2013, 01:48

Mm, for the last couple of years I think.

But my guess is she'll be somewhere else this weekend.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 01 May 2013, 01:54

You keep on hoping PAN. At some point, your wish will come true!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 21 Jul 2013, 20:05

Not exactly a Casamigos review, but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (the wine enthusiasts magazine) feature His Nibs and Rande Gerber under the cocktails banner (scroll down) and then go on to ask Himself about his wine preferences. He mentions several (all Italian of course!) and the reds seem to have an average price of a couple of hundred pounds a bottle............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 21 Jul 2013, 21:29

I'm still looking for a t shirt !!!!
Anyone had any success yet ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 21 Jul 2013, 22:28

Nope...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 21 Jul 2013, 22:39

No luck, however family member is leaving for the US today and she is under strict instructions from me not to come back without a bottle and a t-shirt.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 21 Jul 2013, 23:43

The wines of choice might be cheaper there too, Themi!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 21 Jul 2013, 23:47

A couple of years ago I took Drs advice to only drink red wine literally, so went to a few wineries and ordered 6 crates of my faves, however haven't opened a bottle unless we have had people over - I think I would need to have a massive party to get rid of it all. My family member is a shopaholic so Im sure that she will be paying for excess luggage as usual (as long as casamigos is in it then Im happy)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Jul 2013, 00:35

You mean you really don't want the odd bottle of Zenato Amorane Valpollicella classico for a bit less than £250? Truly shocked.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 22 Jul 2013, 00:38

I posted the Interview here:

Does that wine really cost that much? oh I saw that Bottle King was selling Casamigos for about $35 --- if you are a club member....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 22 Jul 2013, 00:40

Hang on a minute, I didn't say that, I mean seriously how I could resist something that sounds so wonderful - but yeah if I buy any more wine, hubby may worry. Im allowed Casamigos tequila, he made an exception

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 22 Jul 2013, 00:41

I have tried 5 different websites but none will send it Aussie - so hoping my family will help me out - Casamigos haven't answered my many questions about when its coming here. Another family member owns a club so they are going to see if they can get some for me (and their club)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 22 Jul 2013, 00:55

That wine wouldn't have lasted too long in my house.Wink  I have at least a glass a night....it goes faster than you can imagine. I actually don't really like tequila unless it is in a frozen margarita.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 22 Jul 2013, 01:00

I used to drink a glass with dinner every night then stopped, so now when I have one it goes right to my head. Ive had many an adventure whilst consuming tequila those days are gone but wouldn't mind re-visiting the memories with a Casamigo.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 22 Jul 2013, 01:04

Not so much!

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 22 Jul 2013, 01:07

Oooh very nice, thanks Its Me
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down