George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What George gave his father for his birthday this year EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What George gave his father for his birthday this year EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What George gave his father for his birthday this year EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What George gave his father for his birthday this year EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What George gave his father for his birthday this year EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
What George gave his father for his birthday this year EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What George gave his father for his birthday this year EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
What George gave his father for his birthday this year EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
What George gave his father for his birthday this year EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What George gave his father for his birthday this year

5 posters

Go down

What George gave his father for his birthday this year Empty What George gave his father for his birthday this year

Post by Katiedot Sun 30 Jan 2011, 08:00

Found by Henway:

The Daily Mail
[By Piers Morgan]

My interview with George Clooney and his father aired tonight, but didn't include a fascinating exchange after we'd finished.

'It's your father's birthday today - anything you want to say, George?'

He smiled and nodded. 'Yes there is. Happy birthday!'

'Did you get him a present?'

'He did,' interrupted Nick Clooney. 'A beautiful first-edition copy of For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway. It was signed, too.'

'Wow,' I purred. 'That's impressive.' 'Yes. Only it wasn't signed by Ernest,' chuckled George. 'It was signed by me!'

The pair of them then fell about laughing. If you want to know where Clooney Jr gets his charm from, look no further than Clooney Sr - one of the nicest, most decent people I've ever interviewed.

Another memorable moment that didn't get seen came during an ad break halfway through, when George suddenly said to me, 'I loved that Susan Boyle video of her audition on your other show.'

'Really?' I said, slightly taken aback.

'It was so inspiring. I was filming Up In The Air at the time and I kept playing it to all the crew. She's an amazing lady. Such a great story.'

It was perhaps the greatest tribute Susan's ever going to get. A little 49-year-old spinster from a tiny Scottish village being lauded by Hollywood's No 1 heart-throb.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

What George gave his father for his birthday this year Empty Re: What George gave his father for his birthday this year

Post by it's me Sun 30 Jan 2011, 09:01

Susan Boyle is amazing
yeah....
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

What George gave his father for his birthday this year Empty Re: What George gave his father for his birthday this year

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 30 Jan 2011, 11:01

I like Susan Boyle is she really only 49? she seems older.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 31 Jan 2011, 00:09

Well she's the same age as George but much too old for him given his preferences for much younger women. And wow, just realized he's going to be 50 this year!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 31 Jan 2011, 04:09

Our George, half a century!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 31 Jan 2011, 07:00

and what into his arms?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down