George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties

+18
premiere
m4rose
Missa
The next mrs clooney
melbert
Best in Category
blubelle
Lighterside
NotAvailable
Margaret
party animal - not!
Cynisca
lelacorb
silly girl
Maggy
Joanna
George Fan
Katiedot
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties Empty George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 18:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

POST-GLOBES PARTY TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stacy Keibler, left, and George Clooney arrive at the InStyle and Warner Bros. Golden Globe After Party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday Jan. 13, 2013, in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Invision / Photo by Matt Sayles

The Associated Press

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- This isn't your father's backwoods camping tent.

For their after-Globes soiree, the Warner Bros./InStyle party planners covered a simple outdoor fountain with an elaborate tent that included a sparkling chandelier comprised of 15,000 golden disks.

Ducking inside for a bite of smoked salmon or roasted tenderloin were George Clooney, Jodie Foster, Sacha Baron Cohen, Eva Longoria, Robert Downey Jr. and Ben Affleck, among others
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 18:08

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes after parties

Post by George Fan Mon 14 Jan 2013, 18:11

Why do I think of this girl as dragging around a Barbie doll? It seems like I have seen this story before years over years with these award shows, just interchangeable Barbie parts. Life in the celebrity world I guess. I wonder who will be the next Barbie?

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 Jan 2013, 18:13

Now that's a tent I wouldn't mind spending time in !

With my two favourite men too..... Coolio

Thanks Katie...you've worked hard for us all today XX

BTW....after thawing its snow and ice here tonight.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 18:14

Golden Globes 2013: Inside the InStyle and Warner Bros. After-Party
Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:48 am

For the 14th year in a row, the Warner Bros. and InStyle Golden Globes after-party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel was the go-to spot for Hollywood’s hottest. InStyle’s newest cover girl Jessica Alba (in Louis Vuitton) posed with Managing Editor Ariel Foxman, while Stacy Keibler (in Armani Prive) cozied up to boyfriend George Clooney Thandie Newton (in Giles Deacon) chatted with Lucy Liu (in Carolina Herrera). “For me, it’s a super party,” said Newton, who had attended the awards with husband Ol Parker, the screenplay writer for Golden Globe-nominate The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. “I’m so proud of him. ”I’m here to support him. And just to enjoy his glory.” The stars assembled under an stunning chandelier hung with thousands of gold metal strands, sipping cocktails and dining on delicacies like roast turkey and braised short rib.

Stacy Keibler (in Armani Prive) and George Clooney swept past the press lines to settle in at the party.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 14 Jan 2013, 18:18

Thanks Katie!

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 18:22

My pleasure!

No mention of George in this next story, but I love the headline so much I had to include it. Plus, what's a day without a mention of trippy icicles, eh?

'Argo' stuff yourself on chocolate at the Warners bash

"Trippy icicles" and chocolate paintings offer the visual backdrop while a DJ spins dance tunes that get celebs moving at the popular Warner Bros./In Style post-Globes bash.

The bash: Warners/In Style Party, filling several rooms inside the Beverly Hilton.

The venue: The theme was vaguely Space Age. Perhaps in keeping with the sci-fi movie that embassy workers were pretending to make in Argo, the room had a purple glow and the ceiling hung with glittery silver decorations dubbed "trippy icicles" by Argo scribe Chris Terio. For a sugar fix during the night, Godiva chocolate was featured at the celebration.

The stars: Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Robert De Niro, Kathy Griffin, George Clooney, Sophia Vergara, Ewan McGregor Jodie Foster, Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr, John Goodman, Kristen Bell, James Marsden, Jessica Alba, Casey Affleck, Lea Michele, Bryan Cranston, Freida Pinto Joe Manganiello, Malin Ackerman, Dev Patel, Benedict Cumberbatch, Kristen Bell, Aaron Paul, Nathan Fillion, Emile Hirsch, Jack McBrayer, hip hop artist Kid Cudi and celebrity chefs Bobby Flay and Giada Di Laurentiis.

Scene and heard: Freida Pinto and Dev Patel and Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr danced to the strains of Taio Cruz's Dynamite and Jessica Alba busted a move with a gal pal as they wended their way through the crowded party. But at least one A-list couple hunkered down in a corner to receive well-wishers. Golden Globes best-director winner Ben Affleck and wife Jennifer Garner held court in a tucked-away booth

Then there were members of couples — or at least TV duos — such as James Marsden who couldn't wait to sing the praises of his on-screen better half. Marsden enjoyed the party atmosphere of the Globes, but was especially proud of co-host Tina Fey — since the pair recently tied the knot on 30 Rock.. "It was nice to see my bride up on stage killing it," Marsden said.

Stars of the show: Party guests were frequently heard extolling the hosting skills of TIna Fey and Amy Poehler. "They kind of re-invented it," said Marsden. He predicted they would be asked to host again.

Said Kathy Griffin: "It was a great mix of improv and well-crafted material. A lot of dudes are wrong: Chicks are funny." Griffin also lauded Jodie Foster's speech after receiving the Lifetime Achievement award from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. She praised Foster's eloquence in addressing her sexual orientation in public for the first time, and said her speech spoke to the country's progress in the area of gay rights.

Marsden also admired Foster's speech. But he couldn't quite get over a case of mistaken identity. He said that Foster came up to him during a break in the show and remarked about seeing him often at her gym. But Marsden insisted it must have been a body double. "I'd know it if I saw her. It wasn't me."

Argo-nuts: A crowd of people gathered near Affleck and Garner and waited as if in line to congratulate the actor/director on his win and also Argo's Golden Globe for best dramatic film. Argo screenwriter Chris Terio said the film, based on an event during 1979's Iran hostage crisis originally classified by the government, and also infused with offbeat humor, was challenging on several levels. "I was terrified we were going to mess it up," Terio said. He lamented that Affleck was not nominated for best director by the Academy, an oft-mentioned slight offset somewhat by his win at the Globes. Terio was nominated for an Oscar for the Argo screenplay. But the nod was bittersweet, he said. "I felt like Robin being nominated without Batman."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 18 Jan 2013, 18:06

Thank you to the kind person who sent me this link:

Golden Globes, Before and After

Emily Berl for The New York Times

By MELENA RYZIK

Published: January 14, 2013

AIN’T no party like a Bill Murray party, because a Bill Murray party don’t stop.

Mr. Murray, the star of “Moonrise Kingdom,” waltzed into the Weinstein Company after-party at the Golden Globes on Sunday night and made a beeline for the D.J. booth, where he single-handedly started a dance circle, briefly pulling in Kristen Wiig and then, when she left, other women who were in arm’s reach. He shimmied, he spun, he posed with the D.J., and he gave high marks to the show’s hosts, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

“The girls were funny,” he said.

Across the tent, set up beside the Beverly Hilton Hotel where the ceremony had taken place, Quentin Tarantino was holding court with the cast of “Django Unchained,” including Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington, Jonah Hill and Christoph Waltz, a best supporting actor winner.

Mr. Tarantino, who won for his screenplay, said Mr. Waltz had used his favorite line from the movie in his acceptance speech: if “there are any astronomy aficionados amongst you, the North Star is that one.” “It’s clever,” Mr. Tarantino said, eating sushi. “And there’s a lot of ‘A’ words all connected together, which is very musical. That’s poetry.”

Mr. Murray danced on, encountering Mr. Waltz later in the lobby, a bustling intersection of A-listers and gawkers moving from one celebration to the next.

The Hilton was the site of several competing fetes. Universal held a party on the roof. HBO hosted a black-and-white themed bash poolside, where the writers and stars of the award-winning “Girls” lingered late into the night. And Warner and In Style held a party in another elaborate tent, where the privacy-minded Jodie Foster danced with her son under an icicle-like chandelier.

But the Globes were actually a culmination of several days of festivities, when nominees and hangers-on celebrated themselves and one another.

W magazine held the first of many intimate parties on Friday night. “I’m in work mode right now,” said the stylist Rachel Zoe, greeting the W editor Stefano Tonchi and the writer Lynn Hirschberg at the Chateau Marmont. “Tomorrow is fittings all day, until 2 in the morning.”

There were benefits, too. The dinner for Sean Penn’s Haiti relief organization J/P HRO at the Montage Beverly Hills Hotel on Saturday drew everyone from Julia Roberts to Psy, the Korean pop star behind “Gangnam Style.”

With so many engagements, there was a skill to navigating the circuit. Hugh Jackman said he learned from the master: George Clooney. “I watched him one day at an event like this — it was packed,” Mr. Jackman said, at a Saturday tea hosted by BAFTA, the British version of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. “And he never stopped moving, ever.”

He demonstrated with an elegant shuffle-pivot step. “You go, ‘Hi, thank you, wonderful to see you, thank you so much.’ And you get really close, and really direct eye contact. And then he’s gone, before they get their phone out,” Mr. Jackman said. “I thought, that’s the way to go.”

He grinned, shuffle-pivoted and stepped away.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 18 Jan 2013, 18:15

I saw that but thought it was already posted. I tried to get back into it but the NY Times has a limit to viewing articles. So thanks to whomever sent it to you.

It is a great story....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Fri 18 Jan 2013, 18:20

Stacy may be a keeper in a non married sense, actually playing by George's rules and attending these post awards party shin digs and smiling like a true arm candy Barbie. No pouts, no apprehension at going to them, no off in the corner texting. She has the rules of this game down well. Even wearing Armani.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:39

George Fan wrote:Stacy may be a keeper in a non married sense, actually playing by George's rules and attending these post awards party shin digs and smiling like a true arm candy Barbie. No pouts, no apprehension at going to them, no off in the corner texting. She has the rules of this game down well. Even wearing Armani.
Excellent as a woman object!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynisca Fri 18 Jan 2013, 21:42

George Fan wrote:Stacy may be a keeper in a non married sense, actually playing by George's rules and attending these post awards party shin digs and smiling like a true arm candy Barbie. No pouts, no apprehension at going to them, no off in the corner texting. She has the rules of this game down well. Even wearing Armani.

Others decide which labels she wears at these events. Not Stacey.
Great chemistry between them. Laughing
They seem like an unbalanced couple with no rapport, IMO.
"Playing by the rules" when this is the best "career opportunity" she's had...sure.
"Heel!" ..... "Sit!"...."Walk!"...."Hold hands!" ....

Yes, George found his other half in Stacey. For he's a practical man.

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 19 Jan 2013, 16:05

And another interesting link found by Henway.

Last of the Golden Globes Items (We Think!)... A First Wives Club Sequel?... How Jennifer Lawrence Got Her Silver Lining

Posted: 01/18/2013 10:35 am

"NO, NO! Don't take them off! If you do your feet will swell. The blood is going to rush to your feet!"

That was actress Hayden Panettiere's advice to a pained woman in the ladies room at the HBO Golden Globes party. The woman wanted to remove her spike heels "for a bit." But in the end, she took Miss Panettiere's warning to heart. Or to feet. She hobbled, but kept the shoes on.

•THE BIGGEST star at the HBO soirée -- literally -- was basketball's Kobe Bryant, who arrived with his newly reconciled wife, Vanessa. Sports-loving partygoers stood on chairs to get a really good look at Kobe. Although, given his height, the chair-standing didn't seem really necessary. I think some of these people just wanted to be noticed themselves. So -- stand on a chair.

THE HUGE diamond band on the right hand of George Clooney's current lady, Stacy Keibler, caused a lot of party chatter. The pair just returned from two weeks in Cabo. Relax, folks. Marriage for Mr. Clooney is as far off as the Mayan apocalypse turned out to be.

•RUMORVILLE: That Paul Rudnick is working on a sequel to his The First Wives Club, which was such a big hit for Bette Midler, Diane Keaton and Goldie Hawn back in 1996. Tis' said the new script will update the lives of the three women who liberated themselves from unhappy or confining marriages. Could be fun. And none of the star ladies look significantly different than they did 17 years ago. (Miss Midler, whose energy knows no limits, is even returning to Broadway in a one-woman play called Skyfall -- about the famous Hollywood agent Sue Mengers.)

As for a First Wives Club sequel, there's many a slip twixt the cup and the divorce decree.

•OUR FRIEND Harvey Weinstein says we need to reconsider his Silver Linings Playbook movie as Best Picture. (Our choice is Argo.) Okay, Harvey. We'll see it again, but can't promise anything.

Speaking of Silver Linings Playbook have you wondered how Jennifer Lawrence auditioned for her role in that film? She did it via Skype, from her apartment, to director David O. Russell. She thought her approach was maybe "too techy," but Russell was impressed and she won the part. And prior to meeting Bradley Cooper she got to know him during a series of long, funny and intense phone calls. By the time filming began, they were old friends, giving their scenes together a more seamless quality.

•SOMETIMES when we write about stars who have recently departed, we get mail to the effect of "Stop writing about dead people!" But if we fail to mention the passing of certain celebs, we are chided by fans -- "Oh, is so-and-so not good enough for mention in your column?"

So forgive me, if I didn't rush to mention the death of singer Patti Page at age 85. She was known as The Singing Rage and for good reason. Patti had 14 million-selling singles between 1950 and 1965. In all, she sold 100 million records. And this was back when selling millions of records really meant something!

Her mellow, velvety voice caressed such classics as With My Eyes Wide Open... I Went to Your Wedding... Confess... and that "beautiful Tennessee Waltz." And, like many singers of the era, she also lent herself to nonsense songs that sometimes achieved incredible popularity. Page's offering was "How Much is That Doggie In the Window" which stayed on the charts for an astonishing five months. She was on The Hit Parade for what seemed liked 1,000s of years. (Some singers might have objected to being so well-remembered for such a silly jingle -- which included the sound of a dog barking--but not Patti. She dutifully and happily sang it in concert after concert.)

Paige worked steadily for many years, and maintained the famous tones that had made her The Singing Rage. In later years, through her concerts, she helped raise more than $100,000 for people afflicted with HIV/AIDS.

Patti Page died on January 1st in California. But her voice remains very much alive.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 19 Jan 2013, 16:21

Liz has been around for ages....she does have lots of inside scoop. thanks

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 19 Jan 2013, 17:12

It looks like the HuffPost have got the wrong pic for that article. They're showing the bracelet from the Golden Globes 2012....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Sun 20 Jan 2013, 08:18

SK wore a big diamond ring on her middle finger on her left hand as they were arriving at the red carpet, and then moved it to her index finger when they were at the table. She is trying to pulling the same stunt the EC pulling when they were on the boat a couple of years ago. we all know what happened after that. silly girl!!
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 20 Jan 2013, 09:41

Er, i think it's still the middle finger from the pix on here...........don't think His Nibs is bothered either way

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:22

"His Nibs"......love your title for him party ! Makes me smile every time.

Much snow ??
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:35

I thought it looked a bit snug for that middle finger.. And the one on her other hand could even be said to be a wedding ring type. Either she is trying to "show" something on the sly(because she may have been "asked" to not wear it the way it was intended) or she def IS trying to just make it look a certain way. Stacy has a lot of money herself now. Could have gotten them herself.

But there is a rumor that he bought her a ring(it was mockingly suggested by gossip mags that he made sure she knew it was only gift) Remember the article that said George(in a blind) was making a huge ring for his lady love? Some thought it was George.

He may have had to give her a secret engagement ring with the matching set(because she was continually hinting and creating waves about it, and perhaps his PR needs go on into the future a bit, so he needs her to stay lip locked and satisfied) but plans to take them back when "its over" happens for real. Those kinda look like the real deal to me. But I don't think he wants to marry her. Just keep her mouth shut but content for another season or two. George would do that. I seem to remember another story, but having CRS, that he took a ring back from another woman he dated for a while.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:15

London, Jo. Lots of gritting, but leafy suburbs can be dire. You?

Heathrow not great - visibilty a problem which never gets mentioned but not great for the likes of GTC if he needed to transfer. He's defintely getting into character isn't he? Was trying to cast my mind back to the book and the winter bits.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 20 Jan 2013, 13:04

I must read the book soon party and looking forward to the film.

Snow...our main roads are fine after gritting, Birmingham airport open again....sleeting now.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 20 Jan 2013, 13:29

Just adding my two cents about the ring. Remember so many celebrities are lent jewelry for the red carpet. There is a good chance it was just a borrowed ring and maybe it didn't fit so she changed fingers so as not to lose it. I am not reading too much into what kind of ring it is.

Here is a description of what she wore:

Stacy Keibler dazzled in A. Link for Forevermark Forevermark Diamond Deco Line Earrings set in 18k White Gold, 3.11ctw, A. Link for Forevermark Forevermark Diamond Three-Row Lattice Band set in 18k White Gold 9.83 ctw and a Forevermark Emerald Cut Diamond Ring set in 18k White Gold, 7.11 ctw.
PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1yq8m)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 20 Jan 2013, 13:42

So.....they must be borrowed ones to have that
much information....Quite normal.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 20 Jan 2013, 13:54

Joanna wrote:"His Nibs"......love your title for him party ! Makes me smile every time.

I second that and I've been wondering every time I read it, what is it a reference to? It's so cute but I can't make out what it's the shortened version of. Or what does "nibs" mean in your slang? I know a few of the funnier Brit slangs that are commonly used but I've never heard the term "nibs" before.

On topic: Don't most of them wear borrowed jewelry to these everts? I'm sure they must have a listing of what sizes that Stacy wears in everything and that's what's used when they need to "borrow" for the event, so maybe the ring was chosen by whomever she borrowed the jewelry from?
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 20 Jan 2013, 13:59

His Nibs.....

Good explanation here....term of affection these days.....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 20 Jan 2013, 14:04

Thanks Jo! Thumbs up! It's how I imagined it was being used but clarification is always good!

Great site btw...thanks for the link! Very Happy
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 20 Jan 2013, 14:20

I had been wondering what that term meant----learn something new everyday.

As for the rings she wore Brad G. probably picked them out as he is her stylist. Interesting to note that he dressed Jessica Alba and she got to wear Harry Winston. Her necklace was worth $5.8 million.

Jessica Alba Golden Globes Necklace: Worth How Much?!?
by Hilton Hater at January 14, 2013 9:28 am
Jessica Alba did not take home any Golden Globes last night. She wasn't even nominated in any categories.

Still, the actress made headlines due to her Golden Globe Awards fashion. No, not because of the Oscar de la Renta gown draped over her beautiful body.

But because of the Harry Winston diamond necklace wrapped around her neck. Insiders confirm to Us Weekly that it has been valued at $5.8 million. No, that is not a typo.

Read more [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 20 Jan 2013, 15:29

Yeah, I think the jewellery was borrowed and had to go back that night or the next morning.

I don't understand the whole 'finger changing' thing though. If a ring fits on your wedding ring finger, then it fits on the same finger on your right hand too.

Anyway, as others have said, I don't think George gives a damn. He knows what's between them and I think that's all that matters to him.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 20 Jan 2013, 17:52

A friend of mine is a jeweler. Upon invitation the jewelers display their merchandise usually in a ballroom in a hotel. Stylists and stars are allowed to choose what they want to wear. The hope is that the celebrity will mention the jeweler. Of course all baubles must be returned.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 20 Jan 2013, 18:00

Why do stars agree to it? I would take the piece of jewelry, tell them that I am going to mentioned them to everyone and keep it. Deal? No deal, ok show it to yourself then.

So I would start every interview saying (doesn´t matter what they ask) this wonderful thing came from here and there... and I am having so much fun and someone designed this dress (even though it looks like a drunken made sketch in a matchbox)...

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 20 Jan 2013, 18:20

Most of the jewelry is very expensive, sometimes one of a kind, and is selected to go with what the celebrity is wearing. Since there are many red carpet events the cost would be prohibitive. I don't think most female celebrities keep the clothes they wear on these occasions.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 20 Jan 2013, 18:49

I think you're right bluebelle, in that most of what they wear is owned by the designers and although they could probably afford to purchase these things, it's a mutally beneficial arrangement for both the celebrity and the designers to do it this way and then the celebs don't have all these dresses they will never wear again hanging in the closet.

I've yet to see anyone wear something twice so there isn't any reason then to purchase rather than borrow but I would imagine if they find something they really like they do purchase it.

Last edited by Lighterside on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 18:50; edited 1 time in total
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 20 Jan 2013, 18:49

Yes I understand it is veeery expensive. What I don´t understand is why someone think that if I have money to buy it I would like to have something used after Alba or whoever? If it´s one of a kind I am buying I would not settle second hand or used...same with clothes actually.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 20 Jan 2013, 18:51

Not sure BIC but I think some of the dresses are actually samples from fashion shows that have already been used there. Can't comment on the disposition of the jewelry once worn but I doubt anyone would actually know the difference unless they watch the events very carefully.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 20 Jan 2013, 19:13

And I've watched some carpets that the actresses when asked "who" they're wearing (for jewelry) they'll say it's one of their own. Instead of borrowing jewels for the night. I think the jewelers loan out these pieces to just about everybody they think will be photographed alot, either for who they are or who they're with. I think that some of them HOPE the star or the b/f of the star will buy the pieces, but they are vain enough that they're happy to hear their names!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 20 Jan 2013, 19:52

Jewelers gladly lend jewelry for the red carpet because it is free advertising and publicity costs more, also the jewels are guaranteed!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 20 Jan 2013, 21:22

Yes, everyone from the A-listers down is a free billboard man - but a more glamorous one, obviously!

Wow, Jo! A lovely discussion about His Nibs definition while I'm in Covent Garden watching Argo - which is pretty amazing.

To be honest I changed to His Nibs from Our Hero, cos some were taking that a bit literally, and I didn't want to upset them

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 20 Jan 2013, 21:25

lelacorb wrote:

Jewelers gladly lend jewelry for the red carpet because it is free advertising and publicity costs more, also the jewels are guaranteed!

some a-list actresses are actually paid to wear the jewelry. I hear on the radio that Anne Hathaway was paid 500k for doing it. As if they dont have enough money already they need to get paid to wear expensive jewelry?? I sometimes loath Hollywood BS.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 20 Jan 2013, 21:28

Found an article about it.

The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 20 Jan 2013, 21:45

Yep, you're right, TNMC, but to be honest, for the jewellers concerned it's not expensive. It's a lot cheaper than, say, a double page spread in a glossy mag, and having one of the aforesaid on a contract for such a campaign. Can't say I've ever seen Forevermark doing one of those, but maybe they have.

What is interesting is how it gets developed. For instance Audrey Tautou played Coco Cnanel,,,,and thereafter became the face of Chanel. Kind of obvious, but also quite seamless

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 20 Jan 2013, 21:52

I think it is interesting that SK got jewelry from an relative unknown but that Jessica Alba got Harry Winston which I have even heard of. Interesting article....thanks

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 20 Jan 2013, 22:07

Does anyone else have difficulty in catching the actual
names of the designers of the dress, jewellery etc while the
female celebrity is being interviewed on the red carpet
at any event ?
I hardly ever catch the name from any of them.

George is usually quite articulate in his pronunciation though.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 20 Jan 2013, 22:10

party animal - not! wrote:Yes, everyone from the A-listers down is a free billboard man - but a more glamorous one, obviously!

Wow, Jo! A lovely discussion about His Nibs definition while I'm in Covent Garden watching Argo - which is pretty amazing.

To be honest I changed to His Nibs from Our Hero, cos some were taking that a bit literally, and I didn't want to upset them

Argo is good then ? Maybe we could have your impressions
on the film's thread ?
I'll wait for the DVD to arrive through the letter box in March.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 20 Jan 2013, 22:47

I think it's all borrowed, jewelry, dress, shoes, all of it, unless the person specifically says, "oh, it's mine, I've had it for years". My guess is that's one of the reasons George's girlfriends end up resembling stick figures. They have to stay a sample size (which I believe is 2-6) to fit into the dresses they borrow events. That's why I thought the "the dress flew in from Paris last night" comment was odd; I'd be surprised if the dress was being tailored to fit her. As someone on Celebitchy said, it makes it seem like she didn't know she was going until the last minute.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 20 Jan 2013, 22:51

Didn't Brad say they had to lengthen it? It wasn't tailor-made for her if they had to do adjustments when it arrived.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 20 Jan 2013, 22:56

That makes sense; my guess is that sample sizes aren't designed for women as tall as Stacy. But still, the flying in overnight and tailoring the day of the event seems awfully last minute to me.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 20 Jan 2013, 23:04

Missa wrote:That makes sense; my guess is that sample sizes aren't designed for women as tall as Stacy. But still, the flying in overnight and tailoring the day of the event seems awfully last minute to me.

It was actually a runway piece for Armani Prive so it was worn by a model before Stacy wore it. Usually models these days are around Stacy's height.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 20 Jan 2013, 23:07

Here's it in the runway show.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 20 Jan 2013, 23:29

Absolutely right. Well, all I can say is that I wouldn't mind being the right shape and height for a dress like that. Stunning

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 20 Jan 2013, 23:39

I wonder why her stylist said it had to be lengthened? I wouldn't mind being the right size and shape for that dress either, provided I could consume more than juice and not have to work out like it was my job.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next